About locking out ppl who actually pay money.

in WvW

Posted by: Armagister.7954

Armagister.7954

Hey,

I have never wrote a whining about anything but this is a little too much.
I have transfered a few days before the patch to be on a decent server to play wvw.
Its actually extremely expensive. Its a gem purchase.
I can unserstand that i havent got pips for the last match. But i havent got any for the current match also. And its not even clear if the locking out is only this week or 3 weeks from now.
I would like to ask that, only me thinking this is an unnecessary punising for an 1800 gem purchase? Its like blocking dungeon tokens for weeks when i buy an outfit from the gemstore.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The entire point is to block bandwagoners from getting immediate benefits.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

You don’t earn pips until you’ve been on a world for one entire matchup, which is weekly and resets on friday night in NA.

If you moved last week before reset, then this week you don’t earn any pips, and then next week you will begin to. If you moved after friday’s reset then I believe you would be locked out this week since it wouldn’t be the full match and the next. So really for future moves it’s best to move by thursdays or friday afternoon.

The 3 week rule applies to getting an extra pip for earning a minimum of 100 pips for 3 weeks.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Armagister.7954

You can get the same amount of tickets every week…no matter where you are. I cant see too much immadiate benefits.
I mean earning the same amount of tickets is not a benefit

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.6032

Tom.6032

Its not about the PIPs you earn its just to discourage folks from constantly jumping servers. Basically you are free to change servers but you will get a reduced reward for doing so.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I don’t know how I feel about this. It seems unfair at first and sounds like he has a point. Then I remember that the game is not supposed to be pay-to-win like transferring to be on a “decent” server. And you still receive reward track progression and loot bags and WXP rank up chests. It only affects pip rewards and if your new server is really “decent”, you’ll most likely have increased pip gain after the cooldown anyway. There’s also other examples in this game of how you can pay for something and not get the full rewards right away, such as paying for the game itself and not being instant level 80 and full crafting levels.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Armagister.7954

Sorry but 1800 gems isnt enough to discurage? Because i think it is. Its the price of a precursor.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

They should implement a 2 weeks no-pip penalty for transferring to highly populated server or winning server.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Sorry but 1800 gems isnt enough to discurage? Because i think it is. Its the price of a precursor.

It isn’t because servers can and do raise enough gold for entire guilds to transfer to 1800 gem servers.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Armagister.7954

Note that the loosing high populated servers get the penalty also.

And I dont think there is anything wrong with guilds transfering to an another server. Obviously they wont do it every week. Its still expensive. If i know right there is a time restriction also.

And tbh what are the benefits of transfering. Ppl do it to have fun. They wont get more gold or more rewards, bcs wvw still gives terrible rewards no matter what. They wont get any advantage. They play the content the same way as others.
I still dont see the point of these penalities.