Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

So now that Fractal lvls is account bound across all your characters, you should be able to do the same for WXP

kthxbai!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

600+ wxp ranks spread across 5 characters waiting for this to happen. I really like the different siege mastery lines and cannot wait to try them all once my 3 characters with defense against guards get amalgamated.

tyvm.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I really do not understand the opposition to this idea from the Dev Team. It pigeonholes people into one character, which doesn’t even help their bottom line.
I know some people who are alt-crazy, and they have bought unlimited use resource tools for 8+ characters.
Not to mention that some special skins look better on some classes than others…. they are really pressing for something that doesn’t have to be.

Of course I think they are missing the chance to for a WXP reset use item that they can charge buckoo gems for too. Not that I’m a fan of monetizing the game, but I think they should look into that since it’s a non-necessary item (I personally find Fine Transmutation stones to be more necessary IMHO).

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Of course I think they are missing the chance to for a WXP reset use item that they can charge buckoo gems for too. Not that I’m a fan of monetizing the game, but I think they should look into that since it’s a non-necessary item

This is an excellent idea which can only really be implemented after people reach that 230+ wxp threshold for guard killer and defense against guards which really wont come until wxp is account bound. Until then noone with an alt will bother purchasing these.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Not forgetting that the average time to get to max rank will take you 11 years!!
And that’s just on one character!

WXP not only should be, it must be account bound!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m a big fan of account bound wexp, as is almost everyone except the solo thief players and a few warrior types:-).

The only people who don’t seem to get what a huge problem it being character bound creates is the devs- maybe if someone can actually get their attention on wvw for more than a second or two and point out the glaring inconsistency here they will sort it out.

And we need a ‘reset your rank points’ option on each toon say once a week, costs 500 badges.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Ziwdon.3075

Ziwdon.3075

I approve this idea.

“And now we rise; And we are everywhere” ~ From The Morning, Nick Drake

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The entire game “pigeonholes” a player into playing one character. Unlike GW1, GW2 totally rips up any reason to have alts outside of appearances. Penalties in all modes of play except PvP.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

Oh man, this thread.

Devon must have been grimacing pretty hard reading this thread when he had the draft of the announcement ready to go.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I really do not understand the opposition to this idea from the Dev Team. It pigeonholes people into one character, which doesn’t even help their bottom line.
I know some people who are alt-crazy, and they have bought unlimited use resource tools for 8+ characters.
Not to mention that some special skins look better on some classes than others…. they are really pressing for something that doesn’t have to be.

Of course I think they are missing the chance to for a WXP reset use item that they can charge buckoo gems for too. Not that I’m a fan of monetizing the game, but I think they should look into that since it’s a non-necessary item (I personally find Fine Transmutation stones to be more necessary IMHO).

Yep! I consider myself to play quite a bit, but I have in no way, shape, or form enough time to level up a second character in WvW.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

Just sayin’.
As an altoholic, I’m very glad they finally made this decision.

EDIT: Ninja’d by Devon ;_;

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m just curious, how will this differ from existing set up?

Say you have a pool of 100 wxp levels. That pool is shared with all your toons? So you give 50 wxp to one toon, 10 to another, 25 to another, etc.? I can see that you’d only have to use one toon to spread out the wxp levels, but you’re still sharing one resource, and in effect have to level each up. It makes sense for players with more wxp than available upgrades, but not many have that, certainly not the ones who are avid alt players.

Have I got it mixed up?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Yeah. you are mixing it up. As I read it, the pool is like AP points, for example. It is shared by the account. So if you have a poll of 100, ALL your characters will be level 100. It may be adjusted for the level 1 to 5 which is half price and 1 is for free. So, could be slightly less due to that, but you get the idea.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ah that’s better thank you. I read it as a single shared pool.

P.S. Devon! Never hyphenate “ly” words, even with a third-word modifier. (Sorry, compulsive editor )

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: TonySu.7942

TonySu.7942

Omg Thank you Anet !! I have felt less and less alt friendly ever since Ascended Gear was introduced. Even though felt discouraged but kept on playing with some hope.

Now I feel that Anet is finally going in the right direction ! =) Go! Less grind and more horizontal progression !

(edited by TonySu.7942)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

wow that was quick :P

thanks for listening to the community, well done!!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: cazo.5018

cazo.5018

Awesome! Account bound progress is awesome in all aspects of this game.

This and Edge of the Mists makes me excited for the direction of WvW.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: AnTxJeTs.5186

AnTxJeTs.5186

Wow.. it made perfect sense.. Especially after the fractured update with the p.r level!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kilic Bela.4680

Kilic Bela.4680

The WXP change is pretty much exactly what I and my 8 alts all wanted – thanks anet!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

This is an excellent change, much awaited for. While I partly at least understood the reasons it was originally character bound, and I am very happy to see that given player feedback and with new abilities added that made the old system cumbersome, there were no qualms in bringing in the change.
Much looking forward to trying new things on alts

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Excellent changes recently by Arenanet’s WvW team:

• Leagues – on hold (or gone)
  • World XP – account bound
  • GvG area added
  • Edge of the Mists added

Admittedly two of these items should never have gone live but still it’s good that you’ve seen the light – removing mindless grind and unbalanced match ups is always going to be a winning move with the players.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

While I appreciate the change, it still leaves a bitter taste. This was asked months ago and it was said “we cannot do it”. Why do you lie? Was it because it wasnt possible technologically or because you believed it was the wrong thing to do?

I feel like technological limitations couldnt have been the main reason, if it werent feasible it wouldnt have happened. And if it was feasible, why did it take so many months? Something obviously made you change your mind, but please dont say “it was the feedback of the players that changed our minds” because thats a lie. This feedback was made available from day one when you even suggested the concept of it.

Its still too little too late, just like with the gvg arena. There comes a time where saying “well at least we got it in the end” just does not cut it. Fractals account bound? A year later? Or leaderboard corrections and tpvp rewards that are still to come when the tpvp side of the game is already dead. Rehashed t3 cultural armor in the gem store? 40% discount sale with a major PR campaign for free copies of the game. And now trying to throw WvW players a bone by announcing a function that is not yet complete because you simply feel the need to give us a carrot.

Something smells of panic. Too late bro, too late.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

The WXP change is pretty much exactly what I and my 8 alts all wanted – thanks anet!

Thank you ANET!

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

The only one very odd thing in your post you claim that there is no rank 3000 players

However i am pretty sure Mr. Funny Sunny Bunny from SFR is already

6,445 Diamond Invader

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Finally you took to your senses, and this is yet another step in the right direction

~~Ayeres~~

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Thank you Anet for this change!
Now to make separate tab for WvW builds and everything will be perfect

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Valheru Baal.9456

Valheru Baal.9456

Thanks for listening to the community! Awesome work. Cant wait to wipe the dust from my alts and start playing WvW with them!!!!!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Shukudu.7164

Shukudu.7164

TY Anet, now i can go back to playing my long lost ex-main ranger, YUS!

Northern Shiverpeaks-TFG
Vanduul Lvl 80 Ranger
Omekrius Lvl 80 Guardian

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I finally don’t feel like im wasting time when I play on my alts.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The only one very odd thing in your post you claim that there is no rank 3000 players

6,445 Diamond Invader

He is just under 2,800 rank points, so nearly…

BIG THANKS for this, a lot of players have wanted account bound wxp for some time now. Me and my 8 alts thank you…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Seeing Scarlet in the reactor, left a terrible aftertaste in my mouth. So you have no idea how uplifting this is. I’m so glad you guys finally decided to go through with this.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: tomay.9670

tomay.9670

Good change!
Now please fix party management on wvw!

Skleroza – Norn Ranger
Second To [None]
Blacktide

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Valheru Baal.9456

Valheru Baal.9456

6,445 Diamond Invader

BIG THANKS for this, a lot of players have wanted account bound wxp for some time now. Me and my 8 alts thank you…

You mean She is……

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kryank.8069

Kryank.8069

Great news Finally thankyou !!

Proud Member of [TaG] Gunnar’s Hold (EU)
http://www.twitch.tv/kryank
http://www.youtube.com/user/minikryank

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

I don’t want the change to account bound WxP. I want it to be awarded as is, and be restricted to the character that earn it – not shared with my other characters within my account.

I refuse this change. not acceptable.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Hah! I knew you’d crack. :>

Thanks a bunch, Devon! I’ll be having a beer for you tonight.

Edit: Read it a bit more, and it seems as though you’ll be able to allocate those points differently on different characters. Not the perfect outcome in my mind, but still far better than the current situation.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Valts.6703

Valts.6703

BIG thanks for this! Best news ever!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

God bless Your soul!

I have one question regarding ranks. With alt ranks joining, will we get account bound restart of used skill points so we can figure out what we want to do with specific class in wvw?

Pretty please?!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

6,445 Diamond Invader

You mean She is……

Let’s keep it He till personal inspection confirms opposite

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

God bless Your soul!

I have one question regarding ranks. With alt ranks joining, will we get account bound restart of used skill points so we can figure out what we want to do with specific class in wvw?

Pretty please?!

At a guess, every character will get a reset, because the game will compile points and then reimburse levels. I dunno how they’ll work it, though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Thanks for listening.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This actually makes me want to continue to play the game…

I like my Ranger don’t get me wrong, but i’d love to play something else every now and again.

Will also mean I might actually start leveling Alts again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Rolyn.5490

Rolyn.5490

Thank you anet for this now I can play all alts in wvw again!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SIXMO.7042

SIXMO.7042

the players who have alts is going to get 5 easy ranks for each alt. as a player who doesnt have any alts i want a 10 rank boost scrool. thank you

the world is yours

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

Question: what happens with WvW reward chest when u reach the maximum WXP level cap? Will I still be able to get it?

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Im happy to see this! Kudos! But at the same time, I’m not sure how fun it’ll be seeing everyone and there mother running around with 5 stacks of Guard Leech and Applied Fortitude..

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As someone who spends 95% of their time in WvW, this is the best news I’ve yet to read. Thank you so much, Arena Net. I know we, your consumers, are spoiled first world brats who try to force you into folding for our every whim. But this is the best thing you’ve done since I’ve been playing and I thank you so much for it.
If I’ve understood it correctly, the ranks I’ve earned across all characters will be pooled in to one. Which means I’ll be over rank 300.

Cheers! And thank you guys again!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

Wow, now they are starting to fix WvW, thx ANET. Hope you keep up with this. Now they just need to fix sPvP.