Zaoda.1653

#stillwaitingonaccountboundwxp #sadface.jpg

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

My patience is growing very thin…

November Announcement, we are now late Feb.
Please sort this out, I see no gain for Anet/GW2 by delaying this update.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Has Anet forgotten about this? Have they decided not to do it? Here is the original announcement:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No they are saving it for I’m guessing march 30ish right about when ESO’s early start begins, then poof they will magically have figured out the code and expect us to praise them because they will call it a WvW patch.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I know a fair amount of players are assuming March timeframe based off of reasonable logic. And therein lies the problem. “Reasonable” and “Logic”. Experience over the last year and half has taught me to not try to apply those to anything related to this game, even things that land on the gem store.

I’ll believe it after the third or fourth fix to the actual patch goes in, and then only after 2 weeks and it has not been removed because the math is wrong with 4 threads on the WvW pointing to issues and 2 threads on the general forums merged into those.

PS: Of course, the logical and reasonable thing to do would be to put account bound wexp in either right before or wait until after Tourny. There’s those funny words again.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I think people are also thinking March because of ESO’s release. That is a big motivator for Anet to add these kinds of things to the game that players have wanted pretty much since the game was released. To reinvigorate interest and avoid players leaving the game permanantly and moving to a competitor like ESO.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Don’t mind me, just testing out my new Necro in WvW.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

I wonder if they have to retool scaling a bit for the change. The number of lvl 2 alts with full guard stacks will be hilarious once WXP is merged.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I don’t understand the delay. If they could figure out how to put together all your characters’ wallets, karma, laurels, and dungeon tokens; I would think this would be pretty simple.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I don’t understand the delay. If they could figure out how to put together all your characters’ wallets, karma, laurels, and dungeon tokens; I would think this would be pretty simple.

It is and its done they’re just waiting for the right time, which is when TESO releases of course.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Guys one thing to remember: they did not announced WXP accound bound release date.
Just that its posponed.

All informations about releasing it at March 28th is just players speculation.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Its been delayed due to needing to get leaderboards ready for wvw ranks and while they figure out a way to show your rank to players on your own server…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Guys one thing to remember: they did not announced WXP accound bound release date.
Just that its posponed.

Of course. Doesn’t change the fact that the community has been asking for account-bound ranks since they released on March 27th, 2013. Nor does it change the fact that it took ~8mo or so for them to finally realize that it was only logical for ranks to be account-bound. Nor does it change the fact that account-bound ranks were announced what, 4-5 months ago now, and the only significant WvW update we’ve seen is the wholly underwhelming EotM. It boggles my mind that PvE can get updates on a bi-weekly basis, and yet the PvP community as a whole sees changes once every 4 or so months. I mean meaningful changes, not the addition of another mastery that no one but the T1 siegemongers actually want. Don’t even get me started on the ONLY sPvP map being introduced since release being Skyhammer, a siege paradise.

For the most competitive game mode in all of GW2 we sure do get ignored the vast majority of the time.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Just that its posponed.

Of course. Doesn’t change the fact that the community has been asking for account-bound ranks since they released on March 27th, 2013. Nor does it change the fact that it took ~8mo or so for them to finally realize that it was only logical for ranks to be account-bound. Nor does it change the fact that account-bound ranks were announced what, 4-5 months ago now, and the only significant WvW update we’ve seen is the wholly underwhelming EotM. It boggles my mind that PvE can get updates on a bi-weekly basis, and yet the PvP community as a whole sees changes once every 4 or so months. I mean meaningful changes, not the addition of another mastery that no one but the T1 siegemongers actually want. Don’t even get me started on the ONLY sPvP map being introduced since release being Skyhammer, a siege paradise.

For the most competitive game mode in all of GW2 we sure do get ignored the vast majority of the time.

To be fair, I think temple came out for sPvP too after launch.

Gate of Madness

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Well….. it has been like 4 months since this is announced and we haven’t heard anything since. Season 2 is going to start soon….. Is this going to be released anytime soon?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

yes…‘soon’……as soon as the one part time intern assigned to working on all aspects of wvw (eotm was a living story update effectively, as it was taken over by those teams) gets around to finishing the code…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

yes…‘soon’……as soon as the one part time intern assigned to working on all aspects of wvw (eotm was a living story update effectively, as it was taken over by those teams) gets around to finishing the code…

I guess they’ll forever be a higher priority then this, maybe for the next (optimistically speaking) 1 or 2 years? EOTM was the priority (I assume, noone really said anything? I guess everything was dedicated to EOTM for the last 4 months?), now Season 2 is going to be the next priority (I guess?), and acc bounded wxp will forever be on hold…
“We wanted to let you all know ahead of time because we wanted to give everyone as much advance notice of this change as we possibly could.” – they should really change it to:
“We wanted to let you all know WAY ahead of time because we wanted to give everyone as LONG advance notice of this change as we possibly could.”

I could be wrong, maybe anet’s been working on it already. But PLEASE stop keeping us in the dark, I’d appreciate if you guys could at least be more informative to the wvw community. It’d be great if you could tell us and keep us up to date on what you are working on (e.g. for the month, or a certain time period).

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Will it be before League 2? Will we get a reset of our skills before league 2, like we did with league 1?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Gwenlidel.2736

Gwenlidel.2736

Up.
Anet plz say someting…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Pretty obvious it’s not happening before the leagues. How long does it take to add in a few lines of code?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

account bound wxp please. i want to play my warrior.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I think it would be likely before s2, so I’d say March 18th. However it’s Anet so anything is possible.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

when its done ….

cant be people just be happy for once for a while, that it has been officially confirmed, that it will come.

When really doesn’t matter, but it will be predictable either most likely before or after the Spring WvW tournament that starts 28th March and ends 30th May
It will be absolutely part of the big Feature Updates for sure which will happen exactly between this time

But if i had to gues,s id also say 18th March, befoe the Tournament starts, would make imo more sense.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I expect before tournament (or just on top of it).

Mass PvP in a new to be released game is considered good. ANet need to manage their game to ensure people don’t leave for what some consider better mass PvP.

I expect a few updates around this time. Commander tag possibly? Mainly to try and keep the masses on side, not necessarily because they want to do it.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think the Rangers are still waiting for a balance patch that was promised a year ago.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I think WXP merge is still in talks to make it free or not. I mean if you have to pay 800 gems to merge the points between toons into one, imagine the amount of profit that would make….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

I think WXP merge is still in talks to make it free or not. I mean if you have to pay 800 gems to merge the points between toons into one, imagine the amount of profit that would make….

I would pay good money(not to Anet tho, obviously) to sit back and watch the absolute kitten storm on these forums if they decided to charge a gem fee to merge ranks. it would probably be more entertaining than the last 8 months or so of playing WvW

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

it’s easier to imagine the number of players who would quit the game.

This fix is overdue as it is.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

it has been 69 working days since account-bound WXP was announced

follow me on IG @yung_anime

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Straegen.2938

That is not accurate. It has been over 100 days since it was officially announced on the ANet news feed. It has been almost two months since they said it almost made the cut for January but still had some bugs to work out.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

That is not accurate. Devon Carter announced the change over 6 months ago (I think over 200 days).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Make-WXP-boosters-purchasable-through-badges/first

Errrr, unless there’s something I’m missing………….

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Errrr, unless there’s something I’m missing………….

Nope I misquoted… you caught it and I corrected my post.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Ari.2794

Ari.2794

Yes, Anet. An update on the plan to roll this out would be much appreciated. Is it happening before or after Season 2?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

It was data-mined five days ago in the Battle for Lion’s Arch Living Story update that account-bound WXP would be included.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1zjng8/upcoming_features_and_chat_codes_from_battle_for/

Here’s to hoping. o/

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

I’ll settle for a WXP reset before the tournament.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Well….. it has been like 4 months since this is announced and we haven’t heard anything since. Season 2 is going to start soon….. Is this going to be released anytime soon?

I have WXP from toons I deleted.. but I just can’t bring myself to delete the WXP boosters I did work hard to get.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

That is not accurate. It has been over 100 days since it was officially announced on the ANet news feed. It has been almost two months since they said it almost made the cut for January but still had some bugs to work out.

oh wow. I apologize—I had no idea it was announced that long ago. I was going off of their November announcement

that just makes it even more embarrassing

follow me on IG @yung_anime

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

Its been delayed due to needing to get leaderboards ready for wvw ranks and while they figure out a way to show your rank to players on your own server…

source?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

I would like to be sure of something.

with the wvw account bounded, lets say i’am lvl 200 but

• I have 200 to use PER character, so if i have 5 character, for all 5 i’am going to be able to use 200 points ?
  • Or i have 200 point in total to use across my 5 characters ? so i can only do like 40 points per characters ?
“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

How Will it Work?

With all of this in mind, the system is receiving the following changes:
All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.
The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account.
World Ability Points can be allocated differently on each character; you are not creating a single, account-based, version of your characters.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

I expect before tournament (or just on top of it).

Mass PvP in a new to be released game is considered good. ANet need to manage their game to ensure people don’t leave for what some consider better mass PvP.

I expect a few updates around this time. Commander tag possibly? Mainly to try and keep the masses on side, not necessarily because they want to do it.

That reminds me, improvement on low priority things such as the commander tag was announced a year ago, haven’t heard about it since. Where/when is the improvement anet? I hope account bounded exp won’t be the same, I’m not keen to wait another year without no new information.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Will probably be saved for the big feature patch lmao

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

What bugs me most is the following.

• WEXP released (Wiki page created Mar. 27/13)
  • Players ask “why isn’t WEXP account-bound” almost immediately
  • Fast-forward 8 months (Nov. 27/13) and ANet finally says they’re implementing a feature players have been asking for since WEXP was introduced
  • Fast-forward another 4 months and still no implementation

If it’s not in the Season 2 patch, if not sooner (let’s hope), I’ll be speechless. It either shows a severe lack of support for (what I strongly suspect is) the most populous PvP faction, or a supreme lack of resources dedicated to WvW development.

Then again, we got the hellhole that is EotM so it may not be a matter of resources.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

(edited by Boonprot.6274)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Ari.2794

Ari.2794

It was data-mined five days ago in the Battle for Lion’s Arch Living Story update that account-bound WXP would be included.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1zjng8/upcoming_features_and_chat_codes_from_battle_for/

Here’s to hoping. o/

Awesome! That shows that at least they are trying. I suspect something went wrong when they tried to roll it out on the last patch. Hopefully we’ll get it in the patch 1 week from now.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If it’s not before the tournament, it won’t be in the game until the tournament is done…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Soon™

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Halk Toyne.4983

Halk Toyne.4983

i know plenty of players who think the same as i do,

no wvw exp account bound for league? then thats the final push that pushed them out of the game. i mean common we cant be forced to play for 9 weeks on our main character to contribute the best to our servers.
yet without youll be stuck on your main class again and burn him out

realy they waited so long with something that was so obvious wrong in the first place.

[FoD] House Toyne
Seafarer’s Rest

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

They can solve the problem easy.
Just shut down this thread, and the problem it’s solved, until some one remembers the WXP merge problem again.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I am willing to guess that most of the population would rather have the WxP patch before leagues. I would actually rather have this and a couple dozen general fixes to WvW before leagues.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

I am willing to guess that most of the population would rather have the WxP patch before leagues. I would actually rather have this and a couple dozen general fixes to WvW before leagues.

I like this. Can we forego leagues altogether and get some meaningful fixes/changes to core WvW, instead of more fluff content in the form of EotM and Leagues? That’d be faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma