Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

It’s PvE that they care about. PvP gets less attention than WvW does…

Pandaz

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

that may be true but devs atleast respond to things posted in the spvp forums, wvw gets 1 response per page, if we’re lucky

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This will get moved back to the WvW forum where it belongs.

@OP: As to your question, I’ll give you an answer. It will be in the “feature patch” which is a mystery to all with a delivery date that is closely guarded.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You say that even though Josh spends most of his time in the Mist instead of in WvW.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

You say that even though Josh spends most of his time in the Mist instead of in WvW.

It’s because here requires more skill than wvw = more fun.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

This will get moved back to the WvW forum where it belongs.

@OP: As to your question, I’ll give you an answer. It will be in the “feature patch” which is a mystery to all with a delivery date that is closely guarded.

Even if it does get moved back, atleast we know it was seen by atleast 1 dev….

I don’t think Anet even has a WvW team anymore and if they do then they are coding all these living stories to be out on time

I mean seriously tho… Every 2 weeks all these massive living stories are pumped out with hot fixes throughout the day of release you would think a few things from the WvW side and PvP side could be fixed to better the game play a little bit….

Or is it time to say “TitanFall”

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It’s because here requires more skill than wvw = more fun.

i bet you play decap engi

EDIT: op can you tell odinzu that he is a chump and that this game is a chump-like game for chumps, for me

cheers in advance

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you should post this wvw stuff in PVE forum and not here

cause wvw is more pve than pvp

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

Well new update came out, reset all wvw rank points for each character, still not account bound. Looks like it wont be coming out for this season after all. Way to go.

Sovereign Union leader

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Still no WXP across the account? i was positive it is going to happen today…
This is utterly disappointing…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

If this was the big WvW patch before seasons, and no changes to WvW will be made before they end (except for throwing unwanted PvE mobs in there I guess), I think it’s safe to assume account bound WXP has been put on hold indefinitely.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Feature only patch, and account bound wxp apparently isn’t one of those features. Thanks, Anet. Some time before next year would be nice.

Edit: also, the ability point reset letter you sent us says it’s in preparation for the inaugural WvW season, talk about lazy, couldn’t even write us a new message.

(edited by Kaos.9162)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Still no WXP across the account? i was positive it is going to happen today…

That’s exactly what Anet wanted you to think. They KNEW everyone was going to assume it would be in this build, but they knew that it wouldn’t be. That’s why we didn’t have any official responses. They wanted people to be calmed by the thought that it would make it into today’s patch.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: aarias.4016

aarias.4016

I hate to complain, but I thought this patch was s’posed to be the big WvW patch? What happened? There is basically nothing in here for WvW…

…?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Seriously, could any of the devs elaborate on that?
For the very first time since open beta I feel like I’ve been mocked up. For like 3 months or more I didn’t care which character I play (having 16 total), because I was convinced that they would implement account bound WXP eventually.
And since it took them so long, was promised to run live with EotM, but it wasn’t, I was almost sure that it is going to happen right before the season 2…
But what happened? They reset WXP points instead…
Oh bloody thank you, that’s exactly what I was looking for…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

the big feature patch is not coming out now, this was just maintenance and some other stuff thrown in. Feature patch comes out later.

Sovereign Union leader

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If there was something big, Anet would have talked about it for months before releasing it.

And since they gave us a point reset for the season, we probably aren’t going to get account WXP for at least 8 weeks (till season ends) because they will probably follow their “No major update to WvW during season” (it’s not like we got major updates every month out of season…)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Kaos.9162

I thought it wasn’t “no major updates” but “no changes”, and then we got living story crap added mid-season.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This is really just a bit unbelievable. This would be the time to add this feature.

I can hardly wait to hear the next excuse.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I bet anet will introduce acc bound wxp not before the end of the season 2… maybe before the end of the year.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

SO this just means we need to wait at least to June for account bound WXP.
GJ Anet, really GJ. You just lost a lot of WvW players.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

RedStar.4218

And a nice in-game mail confirms : no account bound WXP until at least the end of the season.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Deadplanet.3810

Deadplanet.3810

Well this is… disappointing and I struggle to understand it. This would be the perfect time to introduce this feature and it is sooo needed. Certainly lowered my excitement for Season 2 drastically

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

WvW Account wide exp introduced December 1, 2099?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Kaos.9162

Maybe they plan to give it to us when someone gets Ultimate Sentinel (500,000 successful SM defenses)?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

“Poor people”? Yes this game is sub-free, but there are also so many other games that are sub-free.

Sub-free does not mean poor, it means that the game is supported by in-game purchases instead of a monthly fee.
To be honest I am surprised Blizzard havent done it to WoW, as in a way paying a monthly fee means players expect more from the game, not just content but some respect and acknowledgement; both of which are lacking in GW2 as the Living story is just temp content, and well the only acknowledgement I’ve got from the mods are infraction points and temp forum bans for demanding answers and explanations.

Some people can end up paying more per month to a sub-free game than a monthly fee game. With a monthly fee you know how much you will be spending each month. With this sub-free with payment system for in-game items it’s more like “Oh I like that, i’ll get it, Oh that too!” You can quickly lose track of how much you have spent when spending only a small amount.

LOL off-topic post.
Anyhows new patch no acc wxp…..

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Well this is… disappointing and I struggle to understand it. This would be the perfect time to introduce this feature and it is sooo needed. Certainly lowered my excitement for Season 2 drastically

Yeah, I was so excited to be finally able to play all of my characters with the all WXP i earned and get them all buffs, masteries etc…
And now I am punished for putting my faith in Anet ability to keep their promise.
I lost a lot of faith in you, guys. Instead doing all of the bloody new PVE content that I don’t even have time to consume you could have done something useful for most of the WvW playerbase.
But wait… I forgot about your priorities, didn’t I?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Honestly,

After over a year of broken promises – Did you really expect anything different?

Time after time they keep missing the mark and loosing players due to their horrible design/development decisions.

This would have been the proper time to release this but once again they blundered.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

ESO mass PvP looks interesting.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

No skill or player lag either with well over 200+ on the screen.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Their PvP isn’t bad at all. It’s pretty fun once you figure out where to go and how to get there. Group PvP synergies are pretty awesome there as well.

I suggest you try it out. It’s one of the few things that should entice people to play ESO.

I mean it’s pretty obvious Anet doesn’t care about WvW with a non-release of the WvW account exp we’ve been waiting for in quite some time now. This game mode for Gw2 is pretty much dead.

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Fringilla Vigo.8594

And here we have perfect excuse for the devs to lock the thread…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

sigh “Anet, Anet, Anet”. Can everyone PLEASE look down at the bottom the screen on the far left and read the FIRST name you come to? Yeah…see, NCSOFT is the company you need to be focusing your vitriol at since they are the ones dictating where their money is spent. Getting kittened off at Anet is about as effective as getting upset at the tech support guy at Verizon because of some decision the Board of directors of Verizon made.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

There are much more important stuff to do then making account wxp.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Eh. Let’s hope on 25th before season starts account bound world xp… Regardless if they do account bound they would still reset the points no? Everyone use the power of positive thinking! 25th! 25th!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Clearly by this patch, they don’t think making the player base happy is one of those important things.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

And here we have perfect excuse for the devs to lock the thread…

Go ahead and lock the %$*#ing thread. You think keeping it open will make them listen more?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

I would like to be sure of something.

with the wvw account bounded, lets say i’am lvl 200 but

• I have 200 to use PER character, so if i have 5 character, for all 5 i’am going to be able to use 200 points ?
  • Or i have 200 point in total to use across my 5 characters ? so i can only do like 40 points per characters ?

My main wvw char is level 685; wxp across all other chars equates to 123. These totals will be combined raising my level to 808 across all chars. This is my understanding of how the system will work.

Nope, Immagine it like a pool, all the wxp you made on your chars will be merged togheter, but don’t forget that the first 5 ranks are easier than the rest.

practically you will be between rank 770/790

So, if i have 200points to spend in total, that will not be 200 point per character, but 200points for all character ?

that’s just bad like hell and finaly do not change anything.
It would be smart to have the "200"points per character if you not only have “one” favorite class…

GW2 will still force us to grind grind grind grind grind the wvw lvl to get all the necessary vwv xp to get all the upgrade you want in wvv for each of them…

Especialy when there is only a very little minority that played that much that they are lvl 1k++ in mcm…

Anet only care about the little korean like grinder minority ?

great…

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Deadplanet.3810

I have to disagree. The bugs I can live with, the lack of new content for the PPT part of WvW I can live with (although it would be nice if they added new vendors for ascended and stuff). I actually enjoy playing as it is.

But once they said accountbound WXP would be implemented, it allowed me to play my other toons in WvW. It made WvW a lot more fun and satisfying, and I was dead certain I could continue playing my alts at season 2. I still can ofc but they will be “underpowered” compared to what they would have been. If they were gonna take so long to implement this, then they should have waited with announcing it. Just my opinion.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Kaos.9162

Like making sure yaks walk in the middle of bridges, instead of on the rails! They did fix a few things, but they still have a loooooong way to go before everything is fixed. And this is something they told us about back in November, not to mention this is a feature that a lot of people are looking forward to. This being a “feature only patch” perhaps you can see why people are feeling let down and bitter about not getting it…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

• I have 200 to use PER character, so if i have 5 character, for all 5 i’am going to be able to use 200 points ?
  • Or i have 200 point in total to use across my 5 characters ? so i can only do like 40 points per characters ?

My main wvw char is level 685; wxp across all other chars equates to 123. These totals will be combined raising my level to 808 across all chars. This is my understanding of how the system will work.

Nope, Immagine it like a pool, all the wxp you made on your chars will be merged togheter, but don’t forget that the first 5 ranks are easier than the rest.

So, if i have 200points to spend in total, that will not be 200 point per character, but 200points for all character ?

It would be smart to have the "200"points per character if you not only have “one” favorite class…

GW2 will still force us to grind grind grind grind grind the wvw lvl to get all the necessary vwv xp to get all the upgrade you want in wvv for each of them…

Especialy when there is only a very little minority that played that much that they are lvl 1k++ in mcm…

great…

It will be 200 points per character.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

I agree and support this. I’m already disappointed, but if it doesn’t happen before the season I might find a better use of my time.

An interesting power dynamic. These companies don’t really lose much when they lose players. What cards do we hold?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

RedStar.4218

I don’t know how many times we’ll have to explain this, but at this point who cares because we won’t have account bound WXP for months :

If you have in total enough WXP for 500 points, each of you character gets those points. So you can allocate 500 points/character.

This being a “feature only patch” perhaps you can see why people are feeling let down and bitter about not getting it…

Today’s patch wasn’t the feature patch. It was the end of the LS patch, nothing more.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Another patch, another lie.

I hate being right again

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Kaos.9162

How Will it Work?

With all of this in mind, the system is receiving the following changes:
All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.
The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account.
World Ability Points can be allocated differently on each character; you are not creating a single, account-based, version of your characters.

From the announcement about wxp:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Deadplanet.3810

great…

I`m pretty sure you get 200 points per character, as the point of all this is to make WvW more alt-friendly.. pooling WXP doesnt make any sense if you can still only spend each point once.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Kaos.9162

While account-bound World XP was originally intended to go live along with EotM, the highly anticipated change will not be making it into next week’s release. Carver said that ArenaNet is still working out some kinks with it and that the WvW team will have more information for players soon.]

Huh, did I miss that “more information”, or was it another lie?
(from the article linked above, which is dated Jan. 30th)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Like changing the WvW team colours again? That was the best ‘content update’ ever!

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Werkuh.2579

Werkuh.2579

“soon” in terms of WvW means “Go on, plant a tree, build a house, get children.. and if they graduate from college you’ll get some information. Maybe.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

“in a timely manner”
“let you all know ahead of time”
“This change is going to make WvW a friendlier place for alts "

Alts are screwed for almost a year now (26th March 2013 – 18th March 2014)
They they in November 2013 acnowledged what players keep telling them from March, that WXP should be account bound.

Thanks for all players with alts. Really thanks.