Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Yes finally, but way too late.

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Teknical.9746

Teknical.9746

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

NSP/ET/SBI/KN/BG/SoR/GH/TC/Mag/CD/IoJ/YB/SoS/FA/DB/HoD/DH
NP : JQ

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

This is me eating crow…

thank you.

Attachments:

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Ryan.1078

Mark Ryan.1078

Just wanted to say thank you. Very much appreciated.

Golden- chill thief/engi

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

And a reset too Nice nice nice!

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Just to be perfectly clear, this means that if I have r95 and r5 character and 2 more r0 alts I’ll have 100 points in total for all 4 of the characters (or 25 on average), correct ?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

No, you’d have 100 points for each character.

And what big of a deal is it to get a trait reset in the middle of a season?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Many thanks Anet

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

So still complaints people? Legendary AND wxp… Thanks Anet. I really hoped you delayed wxp just for the ‘hype’ tension, and luckely it is so. I can finally use ALT again, and with legendaries on top of it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I wonder why couldn’t they reply in here after all the kittenstorm they were getting, instead of saving “the big reveal” for a blog post. I can’t even get happy/excited, that’s how much angst I got piled up.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I wonder why couldn’t they reply in here after all the kittenstorm they were getting, instead of saving “the big reveal” for a blog post. I can’t even get happy/excited, that’s how much angst I got piled up.

Because if they did people would have whined about them hiding it away on the forums?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Don’t you see, this whole trolling, slow-rolling, drip-dripping rollout is entirely and exactly timed to coincide with ESO early access opening. That by the way is at 7 a.m. ET on March 28. Regular access ESO launches on 4/4, the same day ast the last scheduled GW2 blog post reveal. Coincidence? Yeah, right…

It’s called marketing. It’s not trolling, this is how the entire World work.

Except it’s too late and people have already committed to getting eso even for just the free month. Wvw players have been jerked around enough to try something else for a change. Maybe if they had announced this as late as two weeks ago they could have gotten people to cancel their preorders and got some of that money in gems.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Pavel.8531

Maybe if they had announced this as late as two weeks ago they could have gotten people to cancel their preorders and got some of that money in gems.

Maybe if we had gotten a simple: “It’s coming around Season 2 as well as some other nice things which even WvW-ers will find nice – stay tuned for more info later ;-)” from any staff member month(s) ago it would have sufficed, instead of blatantly ignoring us again and again.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

1. If my account bound rank is 120, and I take a new character to WvW, will my nametag be Invader or Legend?

2. Will we keep earning WXP Mini-Boosters for WXP rank 1-4?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

I prefer to wait for the 14 April and see.

Yes, its to late.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

We will know once this feature is actually coming. So not anytime soon.

It’s going to be in the feature patch in April. To the OP, I assume all your toons will have the same title for your account rank and I really doubt we will get the rank 1-5 booster anymore considering combining ranks is already a massive boost to wvw ability, there is no reason for them anymore.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

One thing from my list is gone.
Next is commander system and bugs/exploits in WvW(invisible gate, teleport through gate).

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Pavel.8531

1. If my account bound rank is 120, and I take a new character to WvW, will my nametag be Invader or Legend?

2. Will we keep earning WXP Mini-Boosters for WXP rank 1-4?

1 with 99.9% certainity – You will be Legend across all your characters.

2 I have many theories so I can’t be sure here. I am thinking the most fair/logical thing will be: only 5 ranks will count for the 1st 1-5 ranks. So let’s say you have 3 characters with wexp – 2 are rank 60, 1 rank 3. That will result in 300000+30000+3000 combined wexp. That will result in a combined account rank of 116 and 3k wexp.
Just assumptions though.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Just to be perfectly clear, this means that if I have r95 and r5 character and 2 more r0 alts I’ll have 100 points in total for all 4 of the characters (or 25 on average), correct ?

WxP is summed across all your characters and then each character has access to the total of that sum. Basically, you would have almost 100 levels accessible to every character.

Lets say you have 115 total WxP levels after the patch, every character on your account could get Applied Fortitude. Any new character you create could select Applied Fortitude immediately.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Am I to gather from this thread world xp has been added and patched into game? if so yay!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Am I to gather from this thread world xp has been added and patched into game? if so yay!

Coming in the feature patch on 4/15

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Well, that’s good news all the same. Out of curiosity where does one see this announced? And does it detail other stuff coming.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I wonder why it took 6 months and why keep so many people on their knees for so long.

If there are no special changes in WXP other than merge everything into one pool, then why it couldn’t happen earlier (like 6 months ago or when WvW XP was intoduced).

I want to feel excited but somehow I can’t even if I try….I think a side of my WvW has already died from waiting for this change to happen….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Well, that’s good news all the same. Out of curiosity where does one see this announced? And does it detail other stuff coming.

Huge banner on the front pages of the Guildwars2.com page.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Steelxsoldier.6512

Steelxsoldier.6512

Ok, here is how it works. If you remember how world xp works, it’s not just given in levels, but in actual numbers. The first few ranks DO NOT require the 5000 wxp that every level after a certain point requires, they require less. So if you had a rank 5 and 95 your total rank for all of your characters would be something like 98 NOT 100. And you would get to spend those 98 ranks on each character, it’s not split between all of them, each one gets 98 points. Hope this helps!!!’

FUNK
Tarnished Coast

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Steelxsoldier.6512

Steelxsoldier.6512

Ok, here is how it works. If you remember how world xp works, it’s not just given in levels, but in actual numbers. The first few ranks DO NOT require the 5000 wxp that every level after a certain point requires, they require less. So if you had a rank 5 and 95 your total rank for all of your characters would be something like 98 NOT 100. And you would get to spend those 98 ranks on each character, it’s not split between all of them, each one gets 98 points. Hope this helps!!!’

Ok! I did the math for this!! So the wxp needed for each level is as followed: 1000 for ranks 1-3/ 2000 for rank 4/ 5000 for each level after that. So at rank 5 you would have a total of 2 ranks at the 5000 level. So if you had a rank 95 and a rank 5 unfortunately you would only get a combined rank of 97 I’m sorry but that’s the way it works out. People need to know this so they don’t rage when they don’t see 100 ranks combined.

FUNK
Tarnished Coast

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

WHOOO HOOOO. Finally!

I’m glad they finally announced an official date. Better late than never. I know some friends are getting interested a bit in coming back. I know some that have left permanently for ESO due to the wait, but at least I will have at least 10 friends interested in coming back for Season 2.

About 40 have left permanently thanks to the delays and waiting so long.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Yes finally, but way too late.

Better late then never. Show some gratitude.

@Anet – Thank you, been looking forward to this.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

For those trying to figure out how the account-bound WXP should work. to my understanding:

Consider character A to be rank 50. Ranks 1-4 will only be considered as full ranks for this character.
Character B is rank 20. B’s ranks 1-4 will add 2 ranks to the account total, while ranks 5-20 will count as 16. So, the total rank is now 50 + (2 + 16) = 68.

Character n is rank q, where q > 4. n will add (q – 2) ranks to the account total.
Character p is rank r, where r < 5. This should be easily computable with a simple calculator, when you consider an additional rank to be 5000 WXP.

Some characters, when you factor in their sub-rank WXP (0-4999), might advance the rank counter when you add it to the account. I imagine this will grant you a rank-up chest, but it might not.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Glad to hear this is going in. Hoping the game can recover from the damage of the silence, then late announcement. And keeping fingers crossed that all goes well with this huge patch when the time comes.

-Glad my time between S1 and S2 was not wasted after all.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Glad to hear this is going in. Hoping the game can recover from the damage of the silence, then late announcement. And keeping fingers crossed that all goes well with this huge patch when the time comes.

With the huge number of quality of life changes and skill balance in PvE/PvP/WvW, there is probably going to be 2 or 3 patches every day for the next two weeks after April 15. Great changes and definitely a step in the right direction

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Praise the sun.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

With the huge number of quality of life changes and skill balance in PvE/PvP/WvW, there is probably going to be 2 or 3 patches every day for the next two weeks after April 15. Great changes and definitely a step in the right direction

The 30+ year veteran software dev in me absolutely expects multiple patches and constant hotfixes for weeks.

The player in me hopes otherwise.

And yes, good to see GW2 turning in a positive direction.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Btw, why would wvw, which is a minor part of the overall game, be used as leverage against ESO?

Minor? You’re joking right?

WvW is the endgame here. Sad as it is, WvW is the glue holding people here. Once something better comes out…

sPvP died ages ago and the only thing else is mindless repetitive rounds of bosses, dungeons and fractals. At least with WvW you’re playing against real people and they are not predictable. Everything else is AI, repeatable, and predictable.

No it isn’t the glue holding the majority. Every game mode, PvE, PvP, and WvW has its dedicated people. For you, it may be WvW, but you certainly do not speak for a majority of the players. If you did, we’d see a lot more emphasis on WvW enhancements. PvE is more popular and creates more money for ANET. So, that is the focus.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So with the imminent rollout of Account WXP, what’s your suggestions on how to allocate points? After the reset I put 10 points into Supply Master (most of my characters are around level 12-14 Rank) but I’m undecided on what should be the next thing to upgrade.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ANET!!!
Every time i read one of the news about the feature patch i’m like “hell yeah! i’m not gonna pay every month for that kitten TESO!” XD

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Next feature pack announcement – Bring back wuv wuv matchup threads. DO THAT AND I WILL NEVER ASK FOR ANYTHING AGAIN!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Master Fuhon.1068

Master Fuhon.1068

For all unneeded things, better never than late. To a formerly living or functioning thing, good things received late are valueless.

There is a threshold when late becomes too late, and never becomes the more appropriate time. A late lunch can spoil dinner if received too closely in scheduling. Such is the way lateness can afflict things that run in cycles.

When dealing with contagion, lateness allows it to spread. Too late allows it to be disposed of safely. It’s better to be both early and qualified though.

The appropriate idiom that holds true under more circumstances is: It’s better to be late than too late. Also, better never than too late.

Do you know when ‘too late’ is or was?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impression_formation

There are first impressions; and then there are ‘last impressions’. When operating within the status of last impressions, the influences of reformative action are vastly reduced. In rarer circumstances, a ‘final impression’ state may even exist to denote the point when something can change and no longer influence the impression. Any and all attempted change is then seen only as conforming to the impression; which is also the point any method of ‘telling’ (and not showing) would completely fail to re-impress.

Impressions are also believed to be a function of complex math; ‘integration’ if you need something to call it. And they are reversed by an inverse process involving ‘differentiation’ from the previous integrated impression. The important thing to note about these types of equations is that they are continuous functions defined at separate ‘unit measurements’. So to change an already formed impression, it usually requires it to be done around the same number of measurements. But as I hinted at earlier, with the stuff about first and last impressions, the unit measurements are spaced further apart nearing the end of the equation than they are nearing the beginning. Hence, poor impressions are easier to make and harder to break.

And so, none of this ‘late’ or ‘never’ or ‘too late’ conversation really matters in this situation as much as the simpler question: Are moves like this going to instill enough trust to withstand the rapid confidence depletion that’s already been occurring? Isn’t it more effective to curb the current ‘trust depletion functions’ than it is to try to offset them with separate small ‘trust generating ones’?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

For all unneeded things, better never than late. To a formerly living or functioning thing, good things received late are valueless.

There is a threshold when late becomes too late, and never becomes the more appropriate time. A late lunch can spoil dinner if received too closely in scheduling. Such is the way lateness can afflict things that run in cycles.

When dealing with contagion, lateness allows it to spread. Too late allows it to be disposed of safely. It’s better to be both early and qualified though.

The appropriate idiom that holds true under more circumstances is: It’s better to be late than too late. Also, better never than too late.

There are first impressions; and then there are ‘last impressions’. When operating within the status of last impressions, the influences of reformative action are vastly reduced. In rarer circumstances, a ‘final impression’ state may even exist to denote the point when something can change and no longer influence the impression. Any and all attempted change is then seen only as conforming to the impression; which is also the point any method of ‘telling’ (and not showing) would completely fail to re-impress.

Impressions are also believed to be a function of complex math; ‘integration’ if you need something to call it. And they are reversed by an inverse process involving ‘differentiation’ from the previous integrated impression. The important thing to note about these types of equations is that they are continuous functions defined at separate ‘unit measurements’. So to change an already formed impression, it usually requires it to be done around the same number of measurements. But as I hinted at earlier, with the stuff about first and last impressions, the unit measurements are spaced further apart nearing the end of the equation than they are nearing the beginning. Hence, poor impressions are easier to make and harder to break.

And so, none of this ‘late’ or ‘never’ or ‘too late’ conversation really matters in this situation as much as the simpler question: Are moves like this going to instill enough trust to withstand the rapid confidence depletion that’s already been occurring? Isn’t it more effective to curb the current ‘trust depletion functions’ than it is to try to offset them with separate small ‘trust generating ones’?

Oo, the forum warrior is breaking out the big words and wikipedia. I’m so impressed.

There is no such thing as late becoming too late. Clearly you have life lessons that have yet to be learned.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

yawn

We get it. You have a sad. Go play something else then. Those of us that are looking forward to playing on our alts with our WXP points pooled are going to have a blast.

Or did you somehow think that your navel gazing was shared by the rest of us or even new players coming to the game still?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Would be weird to have a silver invader with no points on it…
Always took it to be all point on all characters, which Devon confirmed there :

So when the ranks become account bound. Say my total rank is 400. does that mean I have 400 points to put into each character, or does it mean I have 400 points to split between all my characters.

It means that you have 400 points for each character and can spend them however you want on each.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Master Fuhon.1068

Master Fuhon.1068

We get it. You have a sad. Go play something else then. Those of us that are looking forward to playing on our alts with our WXP points pooled are going to have a blast.

Or did you somehow think that your navel gazing was shared by the rest of us or even new players coming to the game still?

I don’t get where you see I’m sad in writing that, but I’m sure you it makes you feel better to dismiss reality, like your other cohorts who also responded. You might want to know that ‘sadness logic’ ceases to ever look like what I wrote; instead it looks more like something very abrupt and often to chase someone else away immediately. A sad person talking provides almost no conversation starters or anything for someone else to latch on to.

On the other hand, if you want to see what deep sadness logic looks like, you could look at the work of Abraham Lincoln or Winston Churchill or some poet who was found to be living through depression (these are really grief, but close enough). Whatever improves your perception and gets you to realize someone is not feeling the same things you are.

But if you are ‘really’ still interested in how I feel towards the game, it’s a common feeling MMO players get, and it partially resembles an ‘anhedonic’ state (towards this game instead of everything). It’s where you see a change you wanted a long time ago (because you had 8 characters), you try to continue your old goal of developing new RvR strategies and tactics, but then you don’t get any enjoyment being in a game turned this shallow. You just sort of look at it and think, I’m glad I studied project managment stuff, because good management is about seeing what’s ahead and doing things at appropriate times.

For some reason, being around the game makes hitting the books extraordinarily fun. There’s this whole comparison thing between the levels of fun of both activities. It’s like when you play an MMO, studying becomes something attractive and forbidden.

Still think I’m sad. No… lost in yourself again…. who likes cute animals!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cSgr19R3Mg

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: ICECREAMBOY.8576

ICECREAMBOY.8576

Hellou,

Anyone with the skill to calculate what would my rank be? Im a bit confused
1.char rank 33
2.char rank 57
3.char rank 179
4.char rank 46

For any help im thankfull Thx

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Pavel.8531

Hellou,

Anyone with the skill to calculate what would my rank be? Im a bit confused
1.char rank 33
2.char rank 57
3.char rank 179
4.char rank 46

For any help im thankfull Thx

The math is complicated to explain, but basically you take 3 lvls out of all but 1 char and combine them. Your account level will be 306.