Active Medium Pop Server

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: bsifx.1649

bsifx.1649

Hi!

I am a guild leader and we all are on different servers but want to WvW together. In the interest of our wallets we would like a medium pop server.

I’ve played on SoS and am currently on Yak’s Bend. I switched because it seemed like WvW died on SoS.

So, my question is which medium servers have active and fun WvW? From the leader boards it seems like Crystal Desert is a good option, is this true?

Thank you <3

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Depends when you all play. Thought cd was a big off peak (non NA prime) server, but I could be wrong.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Unfortunately, an “Active Medium Pop Server” isn’t really a thing in WvW anymore. It’s Active, OR Medium Pop, not both. Which one are you looking for?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

“Active Medium Pop Server” is an oxymoron

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

Medium pop has no WvW. I’d say join the t2 maybe t3. After t3 it’s pretty much dead besides random times that guilds get on.

You mentioned you were on SOS and it was dead? Hmmm… I don’t thinks that true.
Yak’s Bend issue is that they have like 3 teamspeaks but no one ever uses them. I don’t know how they do so well with pugs.

I’ds ay TC in t2, DB in t3 and DH in t4

(edited by SpreadCheese.5208)

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Y’all are just wrong lol. T5 beat T3 in overall kills/deaths 2 weeks in a row, t3 isn’t much bigger than tier 4/5. The only reason we’re not beating them this week is because Db is way bigger than the other t3 servers. Check WvW intel, Dh has as many kills/deaths as Mag or SBI.

NSP and Dh are the largest non t3 servers. Dh is the largest ‘medium’ server at the moment. We have active coverage in every zone except OCX which is ded for us.

Dh has guilds that run in every timeslot except OCX just for the record, so saying “it’s ded except when guilds get on” is basically saying “it’s alive always” for us lol. SotD runs 10-20 in SEA with many pugs, SunB and FEAR often run in EU and we can field pug zergs upwards of 40 people in that time slot even if neither run. We have many guilds that raid NA at 15+, and then a guild that raids PST-early OCX at 15+.

We’re a good community and welcoming of all types of guilds, feel free to pm me in game OP if you want an honest look at our strengths and weaknesses (I’m interested in building a lasting community, not bringing over people who wouldn’t like our server, so it’s on my interest to let you know our strengths and failings).

To the rest of you please stop commenting on how dead/alive tiers are outside of your own unless you have persistent experience in those tiers or some sort of data to back your claims up. You’re hurting our servers based on faulty information and it’s not fair.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

SpreadCheese.5208

Pushes Arius away from the mic Settle down there… kills don’t mean more action. It just means the other servers sucks.

Everything you said about having people at certain time zones is the same for most servers.

As I mentioned above, DH would be my choice for t4 so you can loosen those panties there. T3 DB and t2 TC.

I was trying to help the person out on picking a server. In your case you showed you were offended and bothered by people being helpful here.

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

T3 is very active now DB has joined the party.

CCCP….

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Arius.7031

Pushes Arius away from the mic Settle down there… kills don’t mean more action. It just means the other servers sucks.

Everything you said about having people at certain time zones is the same for most servers.

As I mentioned above, DH would be my choice for t4 so you can loosen those panties there. T3 DB and t2 TC.

I was trying to help the person out on picking a server. In your case you showed you were offended and bothered by people being helpful here.

It doesn’t mean that sure, it’s just evidence for that proposition. I said more kills/deaths, as in I count the total of overall kills/deaths. I’d agree with you if I were counting just kills, but I’m not. While I agree it’s not proof, again, it’s some evidence. At least I’m trying to back up my claims with evidence instead of just making claims then lol.

The fact of the matter is if OP thought SoS was dead, chances are he’ll think any server below t2 is dead and he’s basically screwed. But everyone here saying, objectively, it’s the truth that no server that’s medium ISN’T dead, is just false. You all are stereotyping and damaging a load of servers in the process. It’s damaging and the facts are just not there to support your claims.

I don’t doubt your intentions, but even so, saying our tiers are just straight up dead is damaging even if you give recommendations within that tier. That’s like saying “well this restaurant here is completely terrible, but if you HAVE to eat there eat this item”. Do you think you’ve helped the restaurant or hurt it?

Re-read what you said. You said, and I quote, “medium pop has no WvW”. You expect me to be all cool with that statement and just say “well he DID recommend Dh, therefore all his other statements are reasonable/well reasoned and not deserving of being thoroughly debunked”?

Again, supply at least some evidence for your assertions. What is the evidence that medium pop has no WvW?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

SpreadCheese.5208

Anything outside of t1 and t2 is dead… not enough action unless you are on when guilds are raiding.
When I mean dead I don’t mean no one is running around the borderlands. Even on t1, there are dead time spots which not much is happening besides small havoc squads running around just capping stuff.

There is a reason the pop is set at Medium.

If you are on YB right now and thought SoS was dead, don’t move from YB.

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’ds ay TC in t2, DB in t3 and DH in t4

No that’s wrong because if players were really interested in “fixing” WvW then they wouldn’t stack on the winning server in a tier.

But this OP asked about Medium because that’s their budget range for transferring. Probably any of the Ranked 10-14 servers would work.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Arius.7031

Anything outside of t1 and t2 is dead… not enough action unless you are on when guilds are raiding.
When I mean dead I don’t mean no one is running around the borderlands. Even on t1, there are dead time spots which not much is happening besides small havoc squads running around just capping stuff.

There is a reason the pop is set at Medium.

If you are on YB right now and thought SoS was dead, don’t move from YB.

Yup I agree with your statement about not moving from YB if you thought SoS was dead. Medium won’t work for you if you thought SoS was dead. But I think you’re wrong on what it means to be dead, I think we have a viable alternative to the overpopulation of t1-2. Y’all talk as if t1-2 is the standard of what WvW should be, I think that it’s overpopulated and leads to expectations being too high for people.

So by all means say it’s too dead for you personally, but don’t say it IS dead. There’s a difference. The only tiers in NA that could reasonably be said to be “dead” are t7-8, as even t6 has some fairly reliable action most of the time. I think t3-5 are in a very decent spot in population atm, but that’s just my opinion, the one thing that is certain is that they aren’t ‘dead’. Just not as populated as some may want.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Are you one of those people who just like to join the most stacked server in a match? Gross. Fights are boring when you win them all the time because of superior numbers. I would never recommend that to players who are interested in improving their gameplay and getting good fights.

Seriously, as WvW players, when are we going to start admitting to ourselves that we just want easy bags from running superior numbers and find no fun in challenges? Are you trying to sell T1 or help this guy with what he is looking for?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Arius.7031

Are you one of those people who just like to join the most stacked server in a match? Fights are boring when you win them all the time because of superior numbers. I would never recommend that to players who are interested in improving their gameplay.

I agree with you, but to be fair being the most overall populated =/= outnumbering your enemies in the timezone you play. It’s the individual timezones that matter to #fites, not how your server stacks up in overall coverage/population imo.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Are you one of those people who just like to join the most stacked server in a match? Fights are boring when you win them all the time because of superior numbers. I would never recommend that to players who are interested in improving their gameplay.

I agree with you, but to be fair being the most overall populated =/= outnumbering your enemies in the timezone you play. It’s the individual timezones that matter to #fites, not how your server stacks up in overall coverage/population imo.

Yea that’s fair, but OP hasn’t said which timezone so we all assume NA.

Chaba Tangnu

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Arius.7031

Yea that’s fair, but OP hasn’t said which timezone so we all assume NA.

Yeh but the thing is usually the top server is top because of off hours, not NA. Dh for example usually loses NA to EBay, will definitely lose it to NSP too. We just win SEA/EU hard.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Why leave T1? There are fights all over the place and map Qs are really short when they do happen. We didn’t even have one last night during NA Prime. Now that YB has lost a couple big guilds to BG and JQ the matches have started evening out a bit (although it would be nice if some of JQ’s SEA would move over to BG and YB).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

(although it would be nice if some of JQ’s SEA would move over to BG and YB).

Totally unrelated to the topic at hand but I just have to point out that SEA teams generally do not move servers the way others might and especially not to their competitors so good luck with that proposition. Honor and pride hold a different level of importance in different cultures.

On topic, just have to say not all medium servers are “dead” for WvW and it is very sad how easily you all are convinced of that. Of course we would want more details about what the OP is looking for exactly in which time zones before we could make a good recommendation but I find plenty of people on and fights to be had if you know where to look with Ehmry Bay down in the middle tiers.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Totally unrelated to the topic at hand but I just have to point out that SEA teams generally do not move servers the way others might and especially not to their competitors so good luck with that proposition. Honor and pride hold a different level of importance in different cultures.

If honor and pride is a priority, a fair fight would be the most important. Seems like SEA heavy guilds on servers must enjoy PvD and value zerging over out manned servers. There is nothing wrong with that style game-play but lets not wrap it in some fantastical cultural superiority argument.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If the rumors are true:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/ANET-REDDIT-How-WVW-Will-DIE-From-Colin/first#post5812644

don’t waste your money transferring now.

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Arius.7031

Why leave T1? There are fights all over the place and map Qs are really short when they do happen. We didn’t even have one last night during NA Prime. Now that YB has lost a couple big guilds to BG and JQ the matches have started evening out a bit (although it would be nice if some of JQ’s SEA would move over to BG and YB).

As he said in the OP, he needs to transfer all his people to a place within his budget range lol. “we all are on different servers” are his words.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Straegen.2938

As he said in the OP, he needs to transfer all his people to a place within his budget range lol. “we all are on different servers” are his words.

My advice would still be spend a few nights farming gold and unify in T1. I would avoid a Medium pop server like the plague right now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Active Medium Pop Server

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

I’ve sent you a PM regarding CD. You can also check out my twitch for recent raids in t3/4. www.twitch.tv/chalupabatmang to see how our raids are in late NA. you can get in contact with others in your respective time zone by visiting www.crystal-desert.com and we’ll try and get a rep out to give you a run down in your desired time zone.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”