Add 27 Servers For Potential Matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Anet will never solve the two biggest problems with the weekly matchups.

1. Uneven matchups where everyone knows who will finish 1,2+3
2. Repetitive matchups.

In NA, you would think the 6th ranked server would have a good match vs the 7th ranked server. Reality is it wouldn’t be close. 1,2,3 are in a different league than 4,5,6 etc. So no matter what Anet does, there will be blowouts pretty much every week. There just isn’t enough servers that are close to being equal.

Since many servers in NA have a big SEA and Oceanic presence I don’t see why NA and Europe are split up ? Are the games itself different somehow ? (I honestly don’t know).

Making a pool of 54 servers to create matchups would give Anet a better chance of creating a little more balanced matchups …plus obviously more variety.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Interesting idea, but how will U force players to leave their servers towards new ones? And how will you make players stay on their old server while many guilds abandoing it?

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Would be better to just combine the EU and NA servers for ratings and matchups. Would definitely add another layer of volatility…

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Combine a Eu Server with a NA server. For 24/7 WvW activity.
Just make new names and combine 2 servers.

Add a 2nd Type of EB to host more people in WvW.

WvW is made to be active 24/7
But they split the population in Differend Timezones of activity.

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Mix EU and NA tier 1
That gives 6 servers a fun and equally competitive chance.

Mix EU and NA tier 2

Mix EU and NA tier 3

Mix EU and NA tier 4

Etc, etc. Its not impossible to mix them, the question is if anet commands it.

in WvW

Forzani.2584

Interesting idea, but how will U force players to leave their servers towards new ones? And how will you make players stay on their old server while many guilds abandoing it?

See below ..

Would be better to just combine the EU and NA servers for ratings and matchups. Would definitely add another layer of volatility

Like I said, I don’t know if it is possible for a NA server to play a euro server. If it is possible it definitely should be considered.

in WvW

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

All of the NA servers are in the same physical location in the world.
All of the EU servers are in the same physical location in the world.
These two locations are not the same. The NA to EU connection would suffer from lag. And buying a dedicated fiber line to negate that would cost A LOT.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Also, the timings wouldn’t match up. You would have even the worst NA server dominate during NA peak hours against an empty EU server, while the mirror would also happen. WvW across too-large of a time-zone gap would just PvDoor to the extreme.

One real way to shake things up would be to give rewards for “winning” on a ratings basis on any given week. All of a sudden, slogging it out in the top 3 isn’t as attractive for some guilds who would flock to “easier” wins in lower tiers. It may not completely balance it, but it would certainly help.

in WvW

Forzani.2584

All of the NA servers are in the same physical location in the world.
All of the EU servers are in the same physical location in the world.
These two locations are not the same. The NA to EU connection would suffer from lag. And buying a dedicated fiber line to negate that would cost A LOT.

Gotcha. That is what I was wondering.

in WvW

Forzani.2584

Also, the timings wouldn’t match up. You would have even the worst NA server dominate during NA peak hours against an empty EU server, while the mirror would also happen. WvW across too-large of a time-zone gap would just PvDoor to the extreme.

One real way to shake things up would be to give rewards for “winning” on a ratings basis on any given week. All of a sudden, slogging it out in the top 3 isn’t as attractive for some guilds who would flock to “easier” wins in lower tiers. It may not completely balance it, but it would certainly help.

I get the idea of winning or losing based on ratings for a week. The problem is the game play though. I don’t really care about the score, but I do care about the fights. When your server is outmatched you spend most of the day running somewhere since you have no waypoints. When I see that type of map I take a break.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

A lot of players are choosing certain servers because of coverage in the hours they are not on, that is one of the reasons for stacking. Several T1 guilds want to be on a server where there is coverage so that there is a chance the work they put into upgrading will still be there when they come back.

Unless you are forcing players to split to a different server and forcing them to stay specifically on that server, I don’t think anything is going to be accomplished in adding in more servers.

As I also understand it, the EU servers don’t have a plethora of coverage, mostly their prime time is where the action is at and if there is any coverage in their off hours, most is probably concentrated in the top 3 servers and even then they probably don’t match NA top 3 for coverage.

So, I don’t think that adding in more servers is going to offer better matches because there isn’t enough coverage to go around and you’ll just kitten off players if you force them to move and stay on a server.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.