Add gliding to quell the mobs

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I think it’s a rather perfect time to add gliding as a distraction to all the rage and dissent going on around these parts. Doing so would have the “bunny ears” effect, but on wvw players.

Yes, let the non hot owners be envious because it will get them to break out credit cards and buy hot in a jealous rage.

Our gliders are ready! Make it so!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Lol, they won’t even let us hide Commander Tags because of not wanting alienate players.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I honestly think based on the lag in previous experiences that wvw would just explode if gliding was into effect. Bellevue would catch on fire and wild fires would take out the entire PNW.

No.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

No thanks. As RodOfDeath said, the lag is bad enough.

Let the team work on current issues. Nothing needs to be added right now.

That, and, this has already been discussed to death in multiple threads.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The rangers would be oiling their bows hourly and the provisioner would constantly be out of stock on regular ballis.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

And if you think Anet could do anything and not have angry villagers coming at them with pitchforks and torches, you’re kidding yourself.

Anet: “Just because we think you’re awesome, we’re giving you all 100g and the legendary item of your choice, account bound, of course”.

Villager 1: Why only 100 gold?! I’m worth more than that!
Villager 2: But I spent countless hours grinding for the legendary I just got. This isn’t faaaaaaiiiiirrrr!
Villager 3: Pfft… account bound. Figures!
Villager 4: But I’ve played since beta, surely I should get more than some filthy casual who just started!
Villager 5: This is going to tank my legendary business on the TP. Now I’ll never make my next 50,000 gold! “Thanks” Anet!

…and so on.

But yeah, I don’t want gliding in Wvw, personally. It’d be yet another way for people to run away from fights. I assume if they ever did bring gliders in they’d have the good sense to prevent them from circumventing walls.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

And if you think Anet could do anything and not have angry villagers coming at them with pitchforks and torches, you’re kidding yourself.

Anet: “Just because we think you’re awesome, we’re giving you all 100g and the legendary item of your choice, account bound, of course”.

Villager 1: Why only 100 gold?! I’m worth more than that!
Villager 2: But I spent countless hours grinding for the legendary I just got. This isn’t faaaaaaiiiiirrrr!
Villager 3: Pfft… account bound. Figures!
Villager 4: But I’ve played since beta, surely I should get more than some filthy casual who just started!
Villager 5: This is going to tank my legendary business on the TP. Now I’ll never make my next 50,000 gold! “Thanks” Anet!

…and so on.

But yeah, I don’t want gliding in Wvw, personally. It’d be yet another way for people to run away from fights. I assume if they ever did bring gliders in they’d have the good sense to prevent them from circumventing walls.

Far too accurate…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I want to capture smc and see if I can fly into a keep! gari to bay? hmmm.

Also, we would need some AA siege, tho I suppose balistas would become more valuable .

Also also, would be funny as hell as watching a zerg fly into smc just as the airships came in for bombardments.

Also also also, I wouldn’t be surprised if people would just start using fly hacks again instead of getting hot for gliders.

Also also also also, No.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

It was Actually stated on one of the Guild chat Livestreams
I’ll go off my mind here, take with a grain of salt.

We [Anet] of course have thought about gliding in WvW. And we in fact could go complete bonkers with it. It would actually not take that much effort to make the nescessary changes to make things glider-proof. And we have a lot of cool ideas like glider bundles to throw down, corresponding AA-siege, Tumble animations for players who die while gliding. But we decided against all of that because we want to first fix the general major flaws and issues before experimenting with such gamechanging mechanics, or else we will never get the WvW we always wanted to create.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I want to capture smc and see if I can fly into a keep! gari to bay? hmmm.

Also, we would need some AA siege, tho I suppose balistas would become more valuable .

Also also, would be funny as hell as watching a zerg fly into smc just as the airships came in for bombardments.

Also also also, I wouldn’t be surprised if people would just start using fly hacks again instead of getting hot for gliders.

Also also also also, No.

Hills to the southeast tower would be an easy one… I would def try the garri to bay … and top floor smc to any of the close towers.

Every time I just off a cliff into water or down a step cliff, I always get reminded there is no gliding in WvW … and I’m good with it staying, but I would like to try those flight paths at least once.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I honestly think based on the lag in previous experiences that wvw would just explode if gliding was into effect. Bellevue would catch on fire and wild fires would take out the entire PNW.

No.

You know… taking out the microsoft campus would be a blessing to the world. Make gliding happen!

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Come on! You want to trade up skirt shots and 4 outstretched char Paws falling off garri vista for gliding? There’s no comparison, falling is way better.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

anet said that they were considering gliding in wvw (it would be really cool to bomb people in air strikes from above!) but it creates too many issues that need to be fixed. First off, they dont want people gliding to get inside of keeps/towers or getting any kind of advantage like that. Also, gliders would create some issues with combat itself. Its a cool idea but creates too many issues for the team to handle right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

anet said that they were considering gliding in wvw (it would be really cool to bomb people in air strikes from above!) but it creates too many issues that need to be fixed. First off, they dont want people gliding to get inside of keeps/towers or getting any kind of advantage like that. Also, gliders would create some issues with combat itself. Its a cool idea but creates too many issues for the team to handle right now.

They can obviously create “no glide” zones and fix whatever issues, so no problem. We will get gliding someday and it will be glorious!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Just make it so only 5 gliders can be open on a map at one time, the rest just fall to their deaths……

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

How about. If you are in combat you cannot open your glider?

This would stop people jumping off cliffs to escape dying and also make the fall buff in desert still useful. Of course if you’re already gliding and enter combat after you’re safe. They’ve done it with reviving people.

Then again you would also have the really big drops where you leave combat mid drop since they are so long so I dunno what they could do to fix that.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I think jumping off a cliff and gliding away should be a totally legit form of escape. I’d love to see gliding in wvw.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I want to see it in dbl because of all the verticality.

The older maps don’t need it

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

I would love to see a 1 Day/24 hour Gliding Event where gliding is allowed… FULLY with a kitten-ton of LAUNCH PADS and absolutely NO gliding restrictions on all 4 WvW maps. And for kicks, if/when you get hit while gliding, your glider closes and cannot be reopened, so you take the fall damage…. Hahaha! Adds a little risk to the equation.

It would be just one day where we could tear loose and have something of a party in WvW.

(Emphasis on the “1 Day” part. A week of it would be over doing it, I feel.)

It could make for a Saturday of PURE CHAOS… and FUN!

Just a thought…. now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: tpjr.6439

tpjr.6439

Actually this would work. Just add “no fly zone” item when upgrading to t2 and or t3, allow the enemy npcs to attack you with the insta kill sniper ability like in Verdant Brink when you fly too close to towers/ smc, and add a shield perk when gliding in certain areas then you have the Guild Objective AuraVIII or Borderlands Bloodlust. I think it could work. I mean the Desert borderlands are pretty much build for gliding as it is. So why not?

in WvW

Posted by: Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Boris Losdindawoods.3098

I would love to see a 1 Day/24 hour Gliding Event where gliding is allowed… FULLY

This! Although I’d be ok with a full week. It wouldn’t be all that different than golem week. Was golem week annoying? Yep. Was it also ridiculously fun? Yep.

For one week, disable PPT and enable unrestricted gliding.

Boris

Big water, blast, blast, blast.

in WvW

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

If you’ve ever knocked a player off a cliff to their doom and snickered while voice chat erupts in laughter you will be against gliding.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If they allow gliding as-is, expect a ton of invisible walls and bugs at that. Lag I believe has already been mentioned.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If they are going to bring back that horrid Desert map, they should fix it for gliding first.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.