Add some rewards

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Please add better rewards to wvw so people are willing to try it out. As it is right now, the rewards are crap in comparison to pve or pvp. There is no reason to wvw if you are a person trying to get rewarded for your time spent in game.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

I’ve said it before…

“Bribes please.”

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Please add better rewards to wvw so people are willing to try it out. As it is right now, the rewards are crap in comparison to pve or pvp. There is no reason to wvw if you are a person trying to get rewarded for your time spent in game.

I remember an Anet Dev saying that WvW is actually more rewarding than we think.. I’d like to know what he meant.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I remember an Anet Dev saying that WvW is actually more rewarding than we think.. I’d like to know what he meant.

that is a wonderful point. i can’t see WvW being more financially rewarding to the player unless their server is ktraining all day every day, even so, EoTM isn’t That rewarding.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

What he meant is “we’ll pretend it’s fine as it is so won’t change anything”.
How can it mean anything else? That dev in complete deny of an issue that has plague the game since launch.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

No more PvE rewards… It’s a combat zone, not a Queensdale champ train.

Rewards need to be WvW based, like siege.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

They did away with the idea of “content specific economies” when they got rid of glory.

There’s no such thing as “PvE rewards” at this point.

Siege costs money and mats. The same money and mats that show up everywhere else. WvW has one content specific currency, badges, and it doesn’t need more.

The primary reason they did away with glory is the same reason they don’t need to make wvw a closed economy. It actively discourages people from playinmg multiple modes. In the glory/gold system for PvP, playing both modes meant you were just slowing down two forms of advancement in stead of getting unified rewards you could use wherever you want. For this very reason I didn’t play as much PvP as i do now. Playing PvP actively took away from my pve earnings potential. I couldn’t use my PvP time to buy PvE things I might want, I couldn’t use my PvE time to buy pvp things, etc.

We don’t need another split economy. We just new WvW to pay out well enough that you can actually afford hall upgrades, tactics, and siege scribing, make a profit, and not feel like you absolutely must switch modes to do it.

Lots of people do play the whole game rather than just one part of it. Completely split economies just encourage people to play nothing but 1/3 of the game. In stead of encouraging people to move around and play PvE, WvW, and PvE because they find it fun, people go “Well I would WvW two days a week, but right now I really want to make legendary skin X and I can’t make progress on my goal doing that part of the game, so I’ll just not play WvW at all until I’m done with this goal.”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Xushin makes lots of money in WvW, every time he logs in he / gets another precursor.
RnG means rigged number generation, not random number generation. Please learn ANet style acronyms.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: mimijimi.8537

mimijimi.8537

Xushin buys his precursors and spends real money to make the legendary to sell on the tp

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

They did away with the idea of “content specific economies” when they got rid of glory.

There’s no such thing as “PvE rewards” at this point.

Siege costs money and mats. The same money and mats that show up everywhere else. WvW has one content specific currency, badges, and it doesn’t need more.

The primary reason they did away with glory is the same reason they don’t need to make wvw a closed economy. It actively discourages people from playinmg multiple modes. In the glory/gold system for PvP, playing both modes meant you were just slowing down two forms of advancement in stead of getting unified rewards you could use wherever you want. For this very reason I didn’t play as much PvP as i do now. Playing PvP actively took away from my pve earnings potential. I couldn’t use my PvP time to buy PvE things I might want, I couldn’t use my PvE time to buy pvp things, etc.

We don’t need another split economy. We just new WvW to pay out well enough that you can actually afford hall upgrades, tactics, and siege scribing, make a profit, and not feel like you absolutely must switch modes to do it.

Lots of people do play the whole game rather than just one part of it. Completely split economies just encourage people to play nothing but 1/3 of the game. In stead of encouraging people to move around and play PvE, WvW, and PvE because they find it fun, people go “Well I would WvW two days a week, but right now I really want to make legendary skin X and I can’t make progress on my goal doing that part of the game, so I’ll just not play WvW at all until I’m done with this goal.”

There is “PvE” rewards, there’s also PvP rewards… and like you said, siege costs money and mats, so why not make it loot? Level up and get a ram + some green instead of 2 greens… Atleast the loot has some WvW elements to it.

I don’t know why people still play WvW, but I don’t go into WvW thinking “time to farm me some loot”, I go in saying “lets get some kills, level up elites and blow some walls up, get the carnage started!”…

As for people playing different modes and needing encouragement, that’s an issue right there in my eyes, when did people stop playing the game modes they enjoyed because they were fun? At what stage is it a good thing, to be encouraged to play a game mode? If it was fun, that would be enough wouldn’kitten Without the bribery?

Your legendary comment too, WvW was removed from map completion and separated from PvE a while before HoT, that was a positive move on Anets hand.. PvE players weren’t forced to play a game mode they didn’t enjoy to be able to make their Gen 1 legendary.

The Guild halls are a joke and should not have been tied into any sort of grinding at all, many WvW guilds were small, and were pushed out of the game mode due to WvW and PvE being linked, which is why I say WvW does needs a split economy, it needs to be separated from PvE altogether.

But opinions are opinions.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I agree. WvW needs better rewards. I think they should have rewards tracks like spvp does. The reward tracks can progress base on your server PPT, therefore the more territory your server owns, the faster your reward tracks will progress. Spvp started to become more popular after Anet increase the rewards there. Now it’s time to do the same for WvW.

Also, they need to give a WvW version of Legendary Armor so players can have a long term goal that is worth their time.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You may be completely devioted to WvW, sephiroth, but you weren’t proposing “making loot thematic” You literally said “no more PvE rewards”

They tried that once. It was called glory. It sucked.

In fact, the reason they removed WvW completion from gen1 legendaries was that it forced people to go to WvW that didn’t want to. That has nothing to do with WvW being unrewarding from a total game experience standpoint.

Imagine, just for a moment, that you play MMOs because, like most people, you like getting loot for doing stuff you find fun. PvP, PvE, whatever.

Now imagine that you have the opportunity to go play PvE, or you have the opprtunity to go play PvE. You enjoy both of these activites equally, but only one of them pays out loot worth a crap.

Again, the legendary. Let’s say I want to get myself an incinerator. This is a “free trade” legendary. It’s not, strictly speaking, PvE content. You can buy it off the TP if you so choose.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but it sounded like you just wanted WvW to pay out worthless siege in stead of stuff one could sell to buy crap he wanted off the AH.

That system already exists! You make virtually no PvE loot, and enough badges to buy all the siege you could ever want. You can get everything you need to WvW by playing WvW, right?

Wrong. Even if you’re winning super hard, running high PPT, and this week’s server MvP you’ve got jack all to show for it. They finally fixed rewards in PvP because they realized glory and purely cosmetic unlocks actively discouraged people from leaving pvE to pvP when they played both modes.

it’s not about bribing people to play the mode or flat out requiring them to, like the old gen1 legendary requirements before the change) but rather making sure that, when I’m sitting there thinking ‘yeah, let’s play some WvW’ i don’t immediately go “oh wait, WvW is fun but I’m actually trying to save up for a skin right now, and WvW is a huge waste of time and money”

They need to pull the same stunt they did with PvP. Add universal rewards that actually make playing worth it, and playing well even more worth it. Currently, the payout for playing WvW is complete trash compared to either PvP or PvE. That’s why it has population problems. it isn’t that people don’t find it fun. It’s that most people (though apperantly not yourself) don’t like fighting over objectives that don’t benefit them at all, and often actively lose them money.

We already have the system you want. It doesn’t work. It sucks. it is why WvW on most servers was deserted even before HoT, and why more often than not people who want to WvW regularly were forced to swap servers just to see action.

You muight be a cool edgy tough guy who plays just for rank points and other such stuff, but when I pvP, I expect to get paid. Murdering people for free is something I can do in might better games with much better control schemes and much better balance. This is an MMO. MMOs are about doing stuff to get loot. The loot sucks. Fix the loot, you start fixing the mode.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Just throwing this in: I think the rewards are ok. Not in every situation (like trying to get bay for 6 hours) but in general it is. I don’t think better loot would fix much, but then again I can only speak from my point of view. And I never thought there wasn’t enough loot. I struggled with badges of honour some times as I’m buying siege with them.

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

As someone who did nothing but WvW for my GW2 time I can safely say I was one of the poorest people in my 400 man guild. The rewards are pretty kitten pathetic compared to ALL other game modes….

They could give 2-3x the loot in WvW and people would still make far more money in PvE and PvP. What we really need is loot that you can’t get in other game modes that is actually worth something to the average player.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Add some rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

What we really need is loot that you can’t get in other game modes that is actually worth something to the average player.

Hence my suggestion for WvW Legendary Armors. It will be a unique skin. PvE has Raids for their Legendary Armor. And WvW is essentially a raid for pvp players.