After 20 months of WvWing, What did you learn

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Most money/gems = most transfers = most coverage = most PPT wins

And when coverage is eventually equal, matchups are close fought and the most fun you can have in this game

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Everyone always sees the advantages the enemy has, and are always blind to the advantages they have themselves. You see the 20 red names running at you, and manage not to see the 20 green ones behind you. You get mad when the enemy karma-trains your entire BL, but don’t feel an equivalent amount of guilt when you do it to someone else.

Every single server thinks they are facing unique problems; pugs leaving to PvE, not enough commanders, guilds not co-ordinating with others, nobody scouting/upgrading, weak spots in coverage etc etc. Everyone always thinks the other side has some master-plan or is playing dirty or doesn’t face the same issues.

Having played on 5 different servers across tiers 1-6, I can safely say its the exact same stuff wherever you go; a case of “the grass is always greener”. Wherever you go, there’ll be a sprinkling of decent roamers, 3-4 decent pug commanders, 1-2 blob guilds, 5-6 roaming guilds, and a mountain of PvErs who disappear on patch day. On every single server. But everyone would rather believe they have it harder on their server.

Thats what I’ve learned.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: Bharel.4328

Bharel.4328

And when coverage is eventually equal, matchups are close fought and the most fun you can have in this game

Oh, I absolutely agree. When it happens.
But when you are so far ahead or so far behind and every fight is completely outnumbered one way or the other (the more common results), I’d rather watch someone play angry birds on an etch-a-sketch.

And of course there are no coverage problems in WvW in T1. Pretty soon Anet can change the team names from blue-green-red, to the names of the top 3 servers, and have even coverage. While still keeping that precious ‘server pride’ LOL

Thudden Bluhndr, the lost Norn
Sanctum of Rall
[GSCH] The Gaiscioch Family

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

2 things

I really, really love castles/keeps/towers/siege. Such a great battleground. I always suspected but WvW really confirmed that.

Also, whenever it comes to something important Vizunah Square will ALWAYS, ALWAYS beat Seafarers Rest.

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

2- Pug commanders do work and efforts and carry servers more than guilds

6-Anet (PVE>PVE>PVE>PVE>Spvp>dungons>scarlet>quaggans>WvW)

So true!

Dont make me laugh .

The order is LS>Scarlet > PVE >Quaggan> Dgns > WVW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SPVP.
If you don’t agree with me, clearly you rarely play SPVP at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovol.7302

Ovol.7302

When I see the outnumbered “buff”, I tend to yolo pretty hard. I gotta get my 20% magic find boosted bags, duh!

Cuppcakez[FcTR]: 80 Elementalist
Livin’ the Mag life since day one

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So true!

Dont make me laugh .

I don’t agree with you, but that’s because 90% of the balance patches are caused by sPvP.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

So true!

Dont make me laugh .

I’m pretty sure what you meant to type was “If you do agree with me, clearly you rarely read balance updates at all.”

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

So true!

Dont make me laugh .

Let’s see which mode gets more dev attention, at least on the forums. Count the red posts.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: effinshiddy.1364

effinshiddy.1364

well to be fair…WvW get more players whether it works or not… the reason sPvP gets more attention from Anet is because they want more people playing it.

but what have i learned…let’s get on topic…

“roamer guilds” will never fight even numbers… these talentless “roamer guilds” only jump people 5v1…… if you go to them 5v5 they all run. every time. no exceptions. for guilds to get reputations as being “good” at this is completely pathetic.

i’ve also learned we can watch the same 5 guildless thieves hack into towers and keeps every night at exactly 1am eastern and get reported every night and nothing happens. we watched similar things happen during season 1 and it was pathetic but now the same server is brushing off their hacks this last week in what looks like preparation to hack into anything/everything during season 2 again. nothing happened to them before and still hasn’t and probably won’t. i know one specific guy bragged he got caught and got a 3 day ban and is back and bragging that he is doing it again and yet nothing happens. i guess he learned his lesson, right?

i’ve learned that now that the overall population is stabalized, Anet can’t risk losing people, so we have entered the warhammer online phase where warriors will never get nerfed and always account for 60% of the population. yet when 60% was thieves, they got every nerf possible to spread the population. bad business to not aim for equality.

and i’ve learned that every thief that runs away from every fight or every thief that only roams with 5 other thieves spamming heartseeker thinks that that passes for skill. really over it at this point. and that’s coming from a guy who mains thief, does nothing but pvp and wvw, and has 4k hours in the profession of a total of like 4500 played. i’m not worried about how they play…it bothers me how many bad thieves play this way so continue to keep eyes on us for nerfs, and then talk all the trash in the world about how amazing they are making everyone hate us and make it hard to party.

that’s what i’ve learned.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That people rather rely on outmanning instead of outplaying.Relying on numbers,instead of skill.Those same people,run inside their towers when its an even fight.Those same people,get crushed during the day only to cap all bl’s during the night vs 3 people with their Brave 40man zerg, thus still getting an unfair advantage.That for some reason…people are afraid to die,like they will die in real life when they die ingame…having a 1on1,getting low on hp,and they rather let you chase them down the entire map,trying to get inside a tower…instead of just accepting a defeat.People’s mentality in this game overall,is just pretty kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Let’s see:
- other players and enemies are stupid
- enemy seems to always have more players
- if you lose you lose because enemy got more players
- it’s funny use siege against “roamers”
- never build golem if there is even single PUG near
- always remember take golem if you see one in spawn, because driving golem is so fun
- if you get outnumbered buff go sit in keep because map jumping lamers will be there soon
- it’s more fun play in EotM because 7k hits are more fun than 3k hits
- don’t try to be hero and stop defenders get inside tower/keep when your server try to cap it. Rush inside ring like everybody else so you won’t miss champ bag and dragonite/empyreal
- always try to use ram even if you don’t have mastery, because it’s so frigging fun use ram
- when you see own defense treb turn it 180 degrees and do some target practice. Next user can always turn it back in right direction
- if enemy trebbing your keep walls remember repair whole time so walls go down slower
- always remember hire caravan guards because guards are good
- remember always claim everything even if your crappy guild can’t even get any buffs
- always build cannons before better doors, because door can’t shoot

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

-Small groups hardly have a viable role on normal population servers.
-Solo roaming doesn’t pay.
-Repetition repeats it self with a chance of monotony.
-WvW doesn’t earn more then Pve.. (no way.. never)
-You earn most “Tag’s” with melee autoattack.
-Caster Aoe not worth the Tag’s or problems.
-Guardior is the only build to run in WvW
-Other professions then Guardior are only there for support.
-The only real fun to be had, is with reasonably even fights.
-NO ONE KNOWS THE EXACT POPULATION MAX PER SERVER PER BORDERLAND!
-Pug commanders are the backbone of WvW, but only because of karma trains.
-Cloth professions are the true heroes.
-Learned to avoid WvW simply because the game runs like it’s been powered by crippled and obese, three legged hamsters in a rusty wheel that hasn’t been maintenanced in over 10 years

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

1)That it took Anet 20 months to fix something that should have been done within days even hours! i.e. party invite/kick system.

2) Anet do not care about WvW

3) Devon does not care about WvW or the community.

4) A gold seller can be banned within hours whilst a hacker is still here 20 months later

5) That said hacks are still in the game 20 months later!

6) Temporary Living Story content gets Anet’s jollies on

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

low pop servers get wrecked
season one unbalanced low pop servers even further
season two means RIP low pop servers

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

That I never should have bought this game.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Ive learned that the wvw forums are the most harsh section of the gw2 forums. Forums of all games are already bad enough, this one can get pretty bad, especially this subforum. People could make more constructive criticisms. WvW is not as bad as people say it is, it has been the same for a very long time but I don’t think much needs to change about it to be honest. Its definitely not broken. Ive learned that skills groups in wvw have barely changed in the last 18 months, which means new traits/skills need to be added that can change the meta of the gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

- That playing WvW with teamspeak and without teamspeak is as different as night and day.
- The zergs forgetting to do a mesmer sweep will always have to go back and recap Bay and Hills.
- That enemy players will stay away from each other in Garnet, Sapphire and Emerald Sanctum, but can’t do so in Obsidian.
- That key-assigning Look Behind is paramount if you like to PvDoor.
- That Up-Levels should not be allowed in Zerg v Zerg
- That you can always find an enemy play dumb enough to let you party with them
- That, on a low level server, WvW remains my cheapest way to get around the PvE map. Jumping into WvW and then Ausura gate to Gandarran and beyond saves me much mullah.
- That, on a low level server, WvW remains my cheapest way to get to a crafters and vendors. Simply log out and I’m back where I started.