Again... and again...

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Again… and again… they have stated achievements in WvW will be scaled down in the future.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

they have already responded to this multiple times. unfortunately, because the forum search feature is essentially worthless, it’s hard to find these previous responses.

anyway, the answer is that they are aware of it, and they have plans to fix it so that the difficulty of this (and other) wvw achievement is more in-line with the difficulty of other achievements.

as always, they have not made any promises about a specific delivery date.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Devon’s already answered this multiple times, it’s just taking so long that it feels like they don’t give five ferinheight of a flaming kitten .

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Achievements and titles should be far from the top of their list of things to change.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

From the recent Q&A on mmorpg.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5987008#5987008

Achievements; The first crack at this should be out by the end of the year. It’s going to be a process of adjusting the achievements to fit reasonable goals. We still want them to be long term, just more like 1-2 years, rather than say 10 years. We also would like to make more use of the leaderboard system to provide some of that tracking. Letting people look up who has the most kills, the most dolyak kills, etc. I think that’s a little easier to use and more flexible than the achievement system at the moment. I don’t have a timeline for that, however, as we have other tasks that we are focusing on right now.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Every answer has a ‘no idea on the timeframe for that however’ clause. Nobody is ready to commit to anything unless its some ill thought out league system or wxp point sink people never even asked for…

If they simply reduce the requirements to reach the maximum level of the achievements many people will be asking questions as to why such a straight forward solution took over a year to implement.

I am looking forward to see the drastic changes they bring to the achievement system with this ‘First crack’.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

We did the math earlier on TC or here … I think it was something like … you nede to be the only guy to hit every yak that spawns on each camp (and not aloud to own it, every 15 minutes) for about 1 year and 2 months I believe.

6 camps * 4 maps = 24
24 yaks every 15 minutes = 96 per hour or 2304 per day

1,000,000 yak’s required / 2304 yak’s possible per day =

434 days to complete… or 1 year and 69 days.

So… this would mean you have to spawn camp every yak on every map (no queues allowed), every 15 minutes for 24 hours a day (no sleep allowed, and good luck on the bathroom breaks)

And you can simply have this done in 14 months, easy right?

Oh and your never allowed to own a camp.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Its going to be scaled down, so rather than take 10+yrs to achieve, they will take 1-2 years. Which probably means some players will get them in a few months, when its introduced…

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Hoping this wont reset the achievement progress made so far, If so then i will already have a year under my belt.

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t think it hurts to remind the devs of this problem. Bringing it up also exposes new players to the issue so they won’t think there is something wrong with their play. Clearly the original math was horribly flawed and while I do believe the issue is more difficult to resolve than it would appear from the outside looking in, it has taken an inordinate amount of time to correct a relatively simple scale.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

They will reduce this from an impossible grind taking half a lifetime to a mind-numbing grind taking 2 years, or half the time it takes to get a bachelor’s degree.

I don’t know what chemicals these guys are on, but they must accelerate time to the point a decade feels like a month

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Finished the yak slapper achievement as it was scaled down and there is no title associated with it same with master of disaster & realm defender.

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Devon’s already answered this multiple times, it’s just taking so long that it feels like they don’t give five ferinheight of a flaming kitten .

This. Anet talks a big talk, but rarely walks the walk. Scaling down these titles cannot be so difficult a task — we’re left with only one conclusion: Anet just isn’t bothering to do it.

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Achievements and titles should be far from the top of their list of things to change.

True, but they are also pretty easy to fix. Change number on achievement, done. :/

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

They’ll change it “soon”, and by soon I mean Anet “soon”. I don’t even keep track of WvWvW achievements (seriously, what would be the point?) or even ranks for that matter, they’re so bent on keeping players busy that it’s sapping the fun factor in a major way. Meanwhile, I can talk to an NPC for the latest Living Farm and get an achievement.

Whispers with meat.

Again... and again...

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

We did the math earlier on TC or here … I think it was something like … you nede to be the only guy to hit every yak that spawns on each camp (and not aloud to own it, every 15 minutes) for about 1 year and 2 months I believe.

6 camps * 4 maps = 24
24 yaks every 15 minutes = 96 per hour or 2304 per day

1,000,000 yak’s required / 2304 yak’s possible per day =

434 days to complete… or 1 year and 69 days.

So… this would mean you have to spawn camp every yak on every map (no queues allowed), every 15 minutes for 24 hours a day (no sleep allowed, and good luck on the bathroom breaks)

And you can simply have this done in 14 months, easy right?

Oh and your never allowed to own a camp.

the absurdity of the titles is most prevalent with the stonemist one.
you must defend stonemist 500,000 times.
Each defense event takes 3 minutes, regardless of how well you do it.
This means 1,500,000 minutes in world vs world. that’s 25,000 hours or 1041.6666 days. Which is 2.853years.

3 years 24/7 no breaks, constant stonemist defense. You must own stonemist for THREE YEARS, with a defense event going, that you get credit for, 24/7.