Against the rules to double team?

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Q:

I’m on TC, and have been away from the game mode for a long long time. With the new action picking up in the BLs, I decided to log in and start playing again. But something really got to me. TC is being double teamed constantly to the point where it’s not fair. Enemy blobs ignore each other, and hyper focus us. When we go for Towers, one side of the opposition actually helps to defend the other team’s stuff.

This brings me to the obvious question, is it against the ToS to coordinate attacks on a single server? We have former TC guilds keeping players on TC so they can follow our Commanders. I’ve even heard of complaints that former TC guilds are going around and wasting supply.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

It is not, far as I know against any rules in the ToS. And I am guessing you might not be aware of the current situation going on in t2.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It is not, far as I know against any rules in the ToS. And I am guessing you might not be aware of the current situation going on in t2.

No I read Panda’s post. That’s what made me want to play again. But dang, them fights are rough. TC zergs are holding our own in the 2 v 1, but it’s impossible to sustain. We’re in EBG, then hear the Desert BL Keep is being ganked, then once we leave to defend, we lose both Towers around EBG Keep. We return to see enemy players /laughing at us. It’s disheartening.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Much like TC spawn camping with Anet by your side

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

in WvW

X T D.6458

No I read Panda’s post. That’s what made me want to play again. But dang, them fights are rough. TC zergs are holding our own in the 2 v 1, but it’s impossible to sustain. We’re in EBG, then hear the Desert BL Keep is being ganked, then once we leave to defend, we lose both Towers around EBG Keep. We return to see enemy players /laughing at us. It’s disheartening.

The anger is real. This is not the first time this so called alliance of guilds has tried something like this to mess up and manipulate a tier. And honestly I cant blame DB/FA for wanting to take the fight to them, nobody wants to be ktrained for weeks. I dont think its so much about anger towards TC though, but rather just with certain guilds who are only interested in ruining the gameplay of others, but obviously cant seperate the two. There are also rumors that these guilds had advanced info on the upcoming patch about server changes which prompted them to transfer when they did to get better placement, keep in mind I said rumors.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I’m not in T2 or even in WvW right now, (taking a break). But part of me thinks this is good from what I’m hearing. Maybe it will wake Anet up to see how farcical the system is if guilds can just jump ships when they feel like spicing things up.

in WvW

X T D.6458

I’m not in T2 or even in WvW right now, (taking a break). But part of me thinks this is good from what I’m hearing. Maybe it will wake Anet up to see how farcical the system is if guilds can just jump ships when they feel like spicing things up.

This is just one of those times, where you have to say kitten it lol. Double teaming is not something anyone should be proud of, or actively engage in because its just a crappy thing to do.

However, this seems to be an exception, and in all honesty I cant blame them. These are indeed strange days in Tyria lol

in WvW

Posted by: Sakara Prime.5370

Sakara Prime.5370

If it was…..every server would be banned.

in WvW

X T D.6458

If it was…..every server would be banned.

Pretty much, every server has engaged in this at some point. Its not hard to find out who the commanders are on the other servers and communicate with them. There is a difference of course in organized double teaming and map politics creating opportunistic double teaming. However this is a clear and public effort to focus TC.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m on TC, and have been away from the game mode for a long long time. With the new action picking up in the BLs, I decided to log in and start playing again. But something really got to me. TC is being double teamed constantly to the point where it’s not fair. Enemy blobs ignore each other, and hyper focus us. When we go for Towers, one side of the opposition actually helps to defend the other team’s stuff.

This brings me to the obvious question, is it against the ToS to coordinate attacks on a single server? We have former TC guilds keeping players on TC so they can follow our Commanders. I’ve even heard of complaints that former TC guilds are going around and wasting supply.

You really need to read up on the politics behind this its been all over the forum for the last few days. TC deserves everything they are getting and more.

Good, suck it up.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

as far as I know it’s not against the rule ,
double teaming is one of the possibility anet kept in mind when they decided to put 3 teams against each other instead of two.

in this situation all you can do is get good & farm both side really hard get 500bags/hours
& show those to the opponent commanders. well that’s what sfr used to do in 2014 during double teaming attacks before the sfr downfall in 2015..

all you have to remember is more enemy =more bags for you. that’s the only motivation you need.

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

It’s a 3 sided game, there’s always going to be a “double team”.
Didn’t TC do the same to BG with JQ?, had any problems with that?

That alliance of guilds moved to TC to try and dominate T2 with numbers (especially with the incoming rumored merge, thanks again anet employee). I applaud DB and FA for banding together and hitting TC every chance they get, that is what should happen in a 3 way, the two lesser servers should put pressure on the top server.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

TC and JQ had an official alliance to double team BG during seasons. QQ what is wrong with TC posters.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Commander ! We are surrounded.

“good. So the loot is coming to us. "

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

Double teaming doesn’t bug me actually, whenever a server makes a focus on you to keep you camped….it’s technically double teaming you because you aren’t effectively defending your land……

my problem with it all, is the things that favor extreme groups – such as things you can only get as a guild that can afford to upgrade your stuff to op items to be used in wvw ….and things that you have to go with extreme teams in raids to get new ‘improved’ stats on ascended items……..all this recent activity has really highlighted for me just how unfriendly gw2 has become to casual players – not because of the players, but because of the rules of getting op tools. you can’t blame oc players wanting op tools to do op damage to casual players that don’t have time to do all that op kitten. the rules to getting better stats, basically favor people who do nothing else but play games all day – thus elitist.

Otherwise, it should actually be great practice to face intense competition, further you should appreciate being thought of in that way, obviously someone thought you were enough of a threat to focus on.

everyone should be happy things have moved beyond pvdoor.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

wall of complaining

So the person that comes on here constantly praising Evon as the Hero and boosting of a free market, actually wants Anet to play Lord Mom and stop open competition? I can’t help but think of something something just desserts something.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

No there wouldn’t be any rules against it, cause it’s a ridiculous thing to try and police. If enough people on the borderlands do it then its just reflective of the rewards being bad for trying to win and/or get points for your bl.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Another whine thread about double teaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

i envy TC for getting all those fights, not one but two
you should be grateful you have opponents to fight not some npcs m8

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

You really need to read up on the politics behind this its been all over the forum for the last few days. TC deserves everything they are getting and more.

Good, suck it up.

Your responses make me lose any sympathy I have had for DB or FA.

in WvW

inubasiri.8745

Double teaming is not fair play in my opinion. But regardless if it is allowed or not, I do not understand, why these guild alliances can come to a server and take over (not for the first time).
What is the point in playing a game, if in the middle of it, you change sides. Imagine that in footfall.
And let me ask you this: why would guilds from TA move one spot lower to DB with the argument, that they want to prevent TA from getting to T1.

I think in football it would be comparable to the end of the season where players change teams (except it’s way more undefined in WvW.)

There’s no investment you make in a server except the transfer gem fee and you’re not making that investment towards a specific server. Once a week is over, it’s fresh start (there’s just glick0, but that doesn’t reward you in any way.) As long as this continues (reinforced by Megaservers who erased some of the server identity that was there – say, during Marionette fight?) there won’t be any reason to stay on a server if it starts crumbling.

TC disagreed on how the “newcomer” guilds should be treated and it created a schism, so some guilds moved to the same tier to resist the tier change of TC.

in WvW

inubasiri.8745

In my opinion it’s okay to double-team, basically because it’s why WvW was 3-server FFA. If you can coordinate the efforts, then it’s actually pretty great. Sure it can suck if you’re the one getting double-teamed but you can feel even greater if you actually prevail.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Good, suck it up.

Thats funny considering I’m not on either.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Brokenbone.8759

Brokenbone.8759

I’m in TC and yes, there’s a lot of politics re 2v1 right now but it’s creating huge fun battles. Sometimes you notice or hear crappy stuff. Sometimes you’ll see a DB and FA group bombing the hell out of each other. Whatever, it’s super active like at any time you could have reset-level volumes of players running around from all sides, seldom hard to find a tag, it’s a lot of laughs so enjoy it while it lasts.

Also I bet Anet is enjoying all the transfer $$$, split the revenues 50/50 between WvW rebalance and rounds of beer for the Anet folks who are running around on probably just more than TC’s side. Maybe the 2v1 vibe makes the Anet folks more willing to run with the “1”, beats me, I just know there’s a lot of action and good times.

in WvW

inubasiri.8745

Let me change that to “respect” and “you” then.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I do not understand why people who complain about being double teamed while they play a 3 way game mode. That is what is supposed to happen in RvRvR. Having all servers queuing the map with all of those servers up in your keep at the same time is what we look forward to. THAT is how you play the game and what makes the game challenging and fun. Why bother showing up if that isn’t what you have to look forward to?

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Cyn.4901

Cyn.4901

Please keep in mind that the only people who wanted this are the people in TC. I’m mainly talking about the roughly 200 (literally, and that’s a low guess) players who transferred there and the others can’t be held accountable. Just because one person is unapologetic to their enemy doesn’t mean they should be forced to play under stressful, constantly outnumbered fights like DB and FA are.

I completely understand the frustration felt by many pugs and even some guilds on TC. Please know that we feel it here on DB too. Like I said, the only people who wanted this are the kittenter alliance: TW, OnS, CERN, GS and at least 3 other 25+ player guilds. And for what? For fights? They would have ktrained spawn camped us for 2 months if they had their way. They could have stacked on a T1 server if they wanted to win all the time in massive ktrains. No, these sad people are out to destroy moral and pride themselves on it. This is the largest amount of toxic people grouped together and mobilized that I have ever seen on a game. I’m sure there are some good people in these guilds, but they’re part of a guided effort to ruin whatever they possible can and follow sadistic leaders.

Please wait for the april 19th patch. Hopefully that will put an end to TC’s 3 map queues and mega blobs who are there to damage other’s enjoyment. If this is not remedied and you still feel bad for the TC pugs, then maybe we can help find them a smaller server.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Let me change that to “respect” and “you” then.

LOL.. Are you for real? So a bunch of guilds stack TC to try to move it to Tier 1, the same as those same guilds already did to YB, then TC guilds and others have enough of it and form a counter alliance to try and stop the match manipulation then you come on here and complain that them stopping match manipulation is bothering you? Good stuff there..

1) In a 3 way game mode you should expect to be double teamed, THAT is the only reason some of us play this game. We actually look forward to the challenging fight of being outnumbered otherwise it is boring and no point in playing. L2P a 3 way game mode don’t just complain about it.

2) IF everyone were more involved with the WvW community, they would understand what is actually happening on their own server. Get more involved with your actual server and the WvW community before complaining about things they apparently know nothing about. Being informed about what is happening on your server would be a start to improving your understanding of the game mode and the people you are playing with to help you improve your own level of game play so that you are not rambling off nonsense on a forum on a subject you seem to not know anything about.

3) At this age of the game, all the vets and commanders from the many servers all know one another, have played together on numerous servers and talk every day. They have played with each other and against each other, there really are not many surprises left to be had. It is not being realistic to expect them not to communicate this many years into the game. They communicate to keep the game interesting because otherwise they would have gotten bored and left already.

4) If you show so little respect for others do not expect to receive it yourself.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

inubasiri.8745

Please keep in mind that the only people who wanted this are the people in TC. I’m mainly talking about the roughly 200 (literally, and that’s a low guess) players who transferred there and the others can’t be held accountable. Just because one person is unapologetic to their enemy doesn’t mean they should be forced to play under stressful, constantly outnumbered fights like DB and FA are.

You’re right, of course. I apologize.

Like I said, the only people who wanted this are the kittenter alliance: TW, OnS, CERN, GS and at least 3 other 25+ player guilds.

But I don’t agree with this part.

(edited by inubasiri.8745)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Please wait for the april 19th patch. Hopefully that will put an end to TC’s 3 map queues and mega blobs who are there to damage other’s enjoyment. If this is not remedied and you still feel bad for the TC pugs, then maybe we can help find them a smaller server.

Inb4 the April 19th patch takes players waiting in queue to fill in population disparities in another tier.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What difference do the politics make in determining whether something is (or isn’t) against the terms of service? What difference does it make if Server X & Y double-teamed Z in terms of deciding whether it’s okay for A & B to double-team X?

Basically, all’s fair in love & war:

• Servers can offer gold to guilds to move, to gain night coverage, to gain quality, to undercut opponents.
  • Two servers can double-team a third. They don’t need a reason (although that helps for motivational purposes).
  • One megalomaniac can play on people’s emotions to gain power and influence presidential elections in the US and … oh wait, wrong rant.
  • Urm, one person can lead a ragtag band of guilds together and change servers as often as they can afford, whether to create better fights, or to troll, or because they like the idea of being kingmaker over and over.
  • Spawn camping works, so people are going to do it because (a) bags, (b) it’s fun, and ( c) it demoralizes the opponent, which is always good for ensuring victory.

tl;dr nothing wrong with double-teaming.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Inb4 the April 19th patch takes players waiting in queue to fill in population disparities in another tier.

inb4 no more glicko, no more tiers, just 4 random matchups each week between 12 servers….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

inb4 no more glicko, no more tiers, just 4 random matchups each week between 12 servers….

Same.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

I’d be surprised if DB/FA didn’t 2v1 TC. It’s the only way to possibly take TC down a peg. In fact they probably should have done it sooner tbh.

The BG vs JQ/TC 2v1 was far more nastier though… how to kill wvw 101.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

not only is it not “against the rules,” it’s intended. the option to double team is the whole reason why good rvr games have 3 sides.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

If there actually is a rule (like there is for match manipulation) who’d even get punished for it? No one, anet won’t banhammer people that will possibly buy gems. /endthread

Vyrinn

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

LMFAO. @ this thread. GG TC

in WvW

Posted by: dadada.1306

dadada.1306

Double-teaming was blessed long ago during WvW Season 2 when JQ and (?) worked together to deny BG for the tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Double teaming is not something anyone should be proud of, or actively engage in because its just a crappy thing to do.

I’m doing it, am proud of it, and will continue actively engaging in it because it’s a crappy thing to do to people who’ve more than earned it.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

It’s not against the rules, JQ and TC did this during the second WvW season against Blackgate.

Who cares, we’ll win anyway ;^)

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Heisenberg.1403

Heisenberg.1403

Anet actually talked about 2 weaker servers coordinating to beat a stronger server long before the game was ever released. It’s about time, and I think there should be a lot more of it!

Google Deez was here…

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

For a prolonged 2v1 to work, there needs to be a reason for the other 2 to unite forces. JQ/TC v BG was a season response to buy gate s1. YB/eBay v sbi was for placement in a season as well.

This incarnation is the most basic reason of all – good v evil with the alliance perceived as the evil empire that destroys everything They touch because someone has too much time on their hands.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB