Alienated: No Luv For Wuv Wuv

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

“Hey check out our living story! We’re pumping out biweekly new content!”

…for PvE…

Face it, the depth of PvE content is rivaled by that of a kiddie pool. Uninteresting random nonsense that, in the end, people only do for the cheese at the end of the uninspired maze. I will not discount the production quality by the level and art designers, they’re doing a remarkable job and should be pointed to as the all stars of the entire development team hands down. My issue is PvE is flat out not entertaining, and is further trivialized by the vast plethora of reward systems that pat players on the back every 20 minutes…PvE players mind you.

At my current rate, if I continue to focus on the only game mode I find interesting, WvW, I won’t gain a related title for another year of consistent play, with some I may not see for 2 or even 3 years. Not days. Not weeks. Not months. YEARS. This game mode, that actually presents a challenge to players, is the least rewarded mode. I’m not just talking titles, achievement points, or special skins, I’m talking living story.

Every couple of weeks the devs chuck some new shallow and bland content into the game that WvW players care nothing about. Why? Because it doesn’t effect us…like at all. Gnashblah and Kielover-n-die elections are so far removed from the game mode that all these stacks of support tokens I have require me to leave the game mode to turn in. I have no interest in this crap, and I think I speak for all of the dedicated WvWers when I say the whole content model deems us second class players.

Look at the laundry list of achievements, zones, and special activities thrown at PvE via the living story and then discarded like they have a surplus and just can’t be bothered with it. Then look at how long orbs have been removed from WvW with no sign of return, or anything even remotely similar to fill the void. Four teams pumping out a steady stream of content for the living story, meanwhile the crew for WvW got us ranks, that should’ve always been there, and WvW specific traits that are time consuming to get and character bound, both of which add up to heavily discourage playing an alt.

New zones? Nope.
Living Story Achievements? Nope.
New game mechanics (i.e. orbs)? Nope.
New Title Tracks? Nope.
New WvW specific achievements? Nope.
New WvW specific rewards? Nope.

All of those questions are a once a month Yes for PvE players…and even they’re only going to show up for the cheese at the end of the maze, not care about the maze itself, and log off until that next piece of cheese gets put in. How do I know? Because those are the only reasons I even dabble in PvE. I’m in a queue, and may as well knock out some junk content for a skin I can only get by doing it while I wait to do something actually entertaining.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Oh no, the PvE-Heroes will tell you that because there’s one Kite in EB JP, they are the most persecuted and ignored people in the entire history of gaming, and that WvW players are clearly the only group that ANet pays attention to.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Oh no, the PvE-Heroes will tell you that because there’s one Kite in EB JP, they are the most persecuted and ignored people in the entire history of gaming, and that WvW players are clearly the only group that ANet pays attention to.

If they paid more attention to WvW beyond that World XP system then I might be more in tune with it . . . the problem is, I am guessing, how much do you alter WvW after launch without kitten ing off everyone who is used to it and likes it being what it is?

Edit: Also, the trouble of “diluting” or “saturating” the maps with people who are there only for the Living World material or not there because something else is drawing them away.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

If they paid more attention to WvW beyond that World XP system then I might be more in tune with it . . . the problem is, I am guessing, how much do you alter WvW after launch without kitten ing off everyone who is used to it and likes it being what it is?

Edit: Also, the trouble of “diluting” or “saturating” the maps with people who are there only for the Living World material or not there because something else is drawing them away.

There are three problems right there that’ve gone on for entirely too long.

-1: Putting PvE goals in PvP zones.

Hey ANet, cut that !#% out. If it's not relevant to whipping some other kids !# don’t put it in WvW, because that kid from PvE is used to the “auto-attack until it poops a treasure chest.” mechanic of your Special Olympics meta-events where everyone who shows up gets a !@#$ing Gold medal.

-2: Artificial Inflation/Deflation of server presence.

Like clock work the fair weather WvWers show up and also leave as soon as that aforementioned piece of cheese gets put in the maze. They just sniff their way to it wherever it may be, WvW or some crap zone that was literally a ghost town before the event, it doesn’t matter. Rewards should reflect personal play choice equally, not discourage/encourage it artificially.

-3: Content in stasis.

Two maps. That’s right Two. One copy and pasted for each server, and one for everyone to share. Want to fix queue times in WvW? Give us more places to be. New zones that pop up in the mists that might provide players with something new to do, things to learn, new mechanics, and character progression? Sounds like a great idea! We’ll just make that one a PvE exclusive that still has no WvW equivalent…brilliant, truly, the epicness of the fail is unrivaled.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There are three problems right there that’ve gone on for entirely too long.

-1: Putting PvE goals in PvP zones.

Hey ANet, cut that !#% out. If it's not relevant to whipping some other kids !# don’t put it in WvW, because that kid from PvE is used to the “auto-attack until it poops a treasure chest.” mechanic of your Special Olympics meta-events where everyone who shows up gets a !@#$ing Gold medal.

Sir, you are preaching to a convert. I put it more politely more often, but I don’t like caches or such in Obsidian Sanctum any more than the next person. The difference is that I just shrug and go around it, especially after it got put into another map.

Also, not sure if you can really count WvW as “pure PvP” with all the extra stuff running around. It’d be pure PvP if there were no guards and only players protecting objectives. Heck that sounds like it’d be more interesting in the short run but more frustrating overall.

-2: Artificial Inflation/Deflation of server presence.

Like clock work the fair weather WvWers show up and also leave as soon as that aforementioned piece of cheese gets put in the maze. They just sniff their way to it wherever it may be, WvW or some crap zone that was literally a ghost town before the event, it doesn’t matter. Rewards should reflect personal play choice equally, not discourage/encourage it artificially.

Ehhhh. Rewards should remain an encouragement to try something outside the norm, otherwise you wind up with the Queensdale Event Train becoming beloved even stronger. Or the Pen/Shelter camp. Or half a dozen other things which are popular , like the WvW Flip Trains . . .

I would like them to be more meaningful, rather than “scoop your Achievement Points and move on”, but . . .

-3: Content in stasis.

Two maps. That’s right Two. One copy and pasted for each server, and one for everyone to share. Want to fix queue times in WvW? Give us more places to be. New zones that pop up in the mists that might provide players with something new to do, things to learn, new mechanics, and character progression? Sounds like a great idea! We’ll just make that one a PvE exclusive that still has no WvW equivalent…brilliant, truly, the epicness of the fail is unrivaled.

Queue times aren’t a huge issue except on servers where a large portion of the players go to WvW. You should know there are servers where people just don’t go there, or servers where they get spanked so thoroughly people stop showing up. Queue times aren’t an issue in those cases.

And if you added new maps, there are three points of contention which would be raised:

- New Map Completion, or Map Completion being made pointless from having had a point.

- Diluting the presence in the “classic” four maps, making it harder for a server to protect against an active opponent.

- Not enough attention is being paid to the rest of the game, only to WvW.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well until they get off their arses and bring us the four unique maps they promised before launch I won’t be holding my breath…

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Bovinity.8610

Well until they get off their arses and bring us the four unique maps they promised before launch I won’t be holding my breath…

Oh you silly guy, they’re already unique!

Look at the map, on one map there’s a keep named Redlake, and on another it’s Bluelake, CLEARLY these are different maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

Imagine new maps that would appear for a limited time and servers would fight over them using the same WvW point system. The winning server gets something unique like a trophy in their citadel. The mists is a breeding ground for interesting stories, they can literally do anything they want and it will make sense because its in the mists.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Everytime they add changes to WvW the “hardcore” get super kitten and cry that the sky is falling, so do the sPvPers. It is far easier to make content for the casual PvE crowd because they dont throw a fit when something is changed.

They will change something major in WvW one of these days and the amount of QQ will crash the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

You do not like killing 1 million yaks for 5 achievement points?

in WvW

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

You’re gonna have a bad time if you think that pve/wvw/pvp are equal in this game.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

in WvW

Bovinity.8610

You’re gonna have a bad time if you think that pve/wvw/pvp are equal in this game.

Or any MMO, really.

The market has spoken before. The majority of MMO players just want the developers to churn out content that doesn’t challenge them on any level. They want a sort of tasteless, colorless gruel that keeps flowing from the developer-spigot and rewards the player for just sitting in their chair, eyes glazed and transfixed on the monitor, head slightly tipped to the side and drooling, waiting for the next Gold Medal to appear on their screen for no apparent reason.

The only thing that awakens them from this stupor is when the developers make a mistake and something challenging appears in the code. Suddenly the beast stirs and makes its way to the forums to unleash their rage upon everyone, sending the developers scurrying to rectify their error. Eventually the beast is placated, slowly shuffling back to their seat to await the next Gold Medal, heedless of the full state of their drool cup.

This is how pretty much all MMO developers see “MMO Players” now. They could create a masterpiece and risk the rage of the beast, or they could just keep churning out the gruel to keep the beast happy. High risk/low reward, or low risk/high reward. Not hard to see which they’ll pick.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You know if you wanted a PvP/WvW-focused game, you shouldn’t have picked GW2. Go play planetside 2 or something.

PvE is the main focus of this game. Let alone you seem to ignore all the WvW additions/QoL improvements you have gotten.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Go play a fighting game if you want to PvP, thank god GW2 is a MMO way more focused on PvE, the better part of a MMO is always the PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Actually, the game was advertised to have a strong focus on PvP (even e-Sports) and WvW was praised as one of its core features.

in WvW

Bovinity.8610

Actually, the game was advertised to have a strong focus on PvP (even e-Sports) and WvW was praised as one of its core features.

Yeah, but PvEers are generally so spoiled that they start to develop the notion that everything in every game is only for them.

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

You know if you wanted a PvP/WvW-focused game, you shouldn’t have picked GW2. Go play planetside 2 or something.

PvE is the main focus of this game. Let alone you seem to ignore all the WvW additions/QoL improvements you have gotten.

Hey there, don’t you have a meta-event to auto-attack your way through?

Oh and I’ll just put this here so the rest of your friends can read about the flagrant injustice done to people play games for the challenge, which I know must be a totally alien concept to your kind:

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/threads/216375-A-History-of-Guild-Wars-2-eSports-. A good summary to save me time.

…devs took the money I spent the day that CE’s went up for sale for an e-sport quality game, and used it to buy candy, stickers, and bull!@#$ to scatter into the crowd of 1-pressers…

…but yeah, I have no right to feel alienated whatsoever…your totally right… I must have accidentally used logic in my thoughts… Maybe I need more PvE to turn that rationality and reason into mush so I can fit in better with the fan base…

!#%&ing Bull @!# Mother !!$& Hamspter !#$ Kitten !#% Dog !@#$%ers!

/anger
/rant

edit: this thread just suffered an insult worse than deletion…moved to a sub-forum the devs don’t care about…if they did the thread wouldn’t exist. Truly helpful mods, truly helpful…

(edited by Obscure One.4357)