All servers now open

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

All servers are apparently now open so you can move to the server of your choice.

If you want to move to T1 NA and want competition and fights rather than to just PvD, Jade Quarry needs players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Shh, don’t tell anyone yet. Wait till my guildies are in the right place, then the rest of you pwns can take what’s left.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL this PSA has been brought to you by the letters J and Q.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

So which t1 server BG or JQ to join?

I like a server that has people always on TS, reason for jumping ship from Yak’s is that they barely have people on TS.

All servers now open

in WvW

morrolan.9608

LOL this PSA has been brought to you by the letters J and Q.

Well I did say all servers are open. Heck I’m considering moving my alt account to FA.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

So much for bronze and Silver league, eh Anet?

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

What a sad statement about HoT.

WvW is officially dead, ANET killed it.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Pretty much this. The new BL map was/is a disaster for wvw, which is a horrible shame cause it’s obvious a lot of time went into it.

It’s still rescuable though, just carve the current dessert BL map into 3 separate maps and make those the new BLs.

Current BL map is too big, too empty, and the oasis PVE event with its stupidly overpowered laser should go back to PVE where it belongs. Bring back the old alpine map until the rework is done.

Also, I would consider promoting EOTM to the status of a regular WVW map, with points that count etc. The reasons to make EOTM a “staging WVW map” no longer exist.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Isn’t this like the first time there are no servers full in NA?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

All servers now open

in WvW

morrolan.9608

But have they opened naturally or has anet manually opened them all or revised their cap?

Interesting just checking the HOT launch date and it was a month ago so it might just be natural. In which case you are right its not unexpected though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

do people gvg in guild hall arena now ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, guild hall arena is a bit smaller compare to OS arena….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

People still WvW in this game?

#themoreyouknow

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Everyone should just move to T1 and do the essential server merge Anet doesn’t want to do because of the money they make from server transfers.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Will be interesting… Does everyone pile into the top 3-4 tiers or not even bother at this point…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

All servers now open

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

Will be interesting… Does everyone pile into the top 3-4 tiers or not even bother at this point…..

Spending cash or gems for something you don’t find enjoyable anymore would be akin to paying a dentist to pull a bad tooth, but without wanting the numbing.

I’m saving my gems thanks.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

T3 has been open, its T1 & 2 that’s been full and just become very full.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

As I am writing this (1:30AM EST)… every server is presently NOT-FULL in NA and EU (except Desolation). With that said, I think it’s time to accept the cold, hard truth – Your WvW game-mode is and has been on LIFE SUPPORT!

And if it wasn’t clear before, it should be blatantly clear now by your own population measuring tool… WvW is DYING and WILL SOON BE DEAD!!!!

The question is this… What are YOU going to do NOW to save WvW? (We know you’ve tried your own remedies in the past, but they have not worked.) Perhaps there’s something else you can try.

Hint: You’ve got a whole forum full of commonly heard (seen) vocal suggestions on what the community Likes and DOES NOT LIKE about the current WvW.

And as my human warrior would say, “Bro, I think it’s time to get out the needle full of ADRENALINE and jab it straight into the Heart of The problem.” If you know what I’m saying?

Attachments:

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

T3 has been open, its T1 & 2 that’s been full and just become very full.

If by full you mean “can’t find anyone on any of the borderlands” then yeah, T2 is full.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The funny thing is: Despite Desolation is the ONLY server which is “full”, we often have the outnumbered “buff” on us. Both enemy servers have clearly bigger blobs and nowadays a “blob” often means 20-40 players.

Desolation is winning by a large margin, because our server is has the best coverage and we are stacked with Points-per-Tick (PpT) players. Of course we have commanders who just want to fight, but we surely have commanders and guilds who mainly play for points. I am one of them.

I personally hate the new borderlands, but it seems other servers hate them even more. Desolation seems to be the only server in EU which has adopted to the new borderlands. At least we got players to do those events and capture stuff. This + the coverage gives us the massive point lead.

During prime time Desolation can create a short queue to just 1 out of 4 maps. So this is what it means to be “full” in November 2015 in this game. Never a queue to all 4 maps.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Spending cash or gems for something you don’t find enjoyable anymore would be akin to paying a dentist to pull a bad tooth, but without wanting the numbing.

I’m saving my gems thanks.

Don’t disagree at all. Even if I wasn’t in an upper tier, I am not so sure I’d see the grass is greener elsewhere – less brown at best, but still not exactly healthy….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

But have they opened naturally or has anet manually opened them all or revised their cap?

Interesting just checking the HOT launch date and it was a month ago so it might just be natural. In which case you are right its not unexpected though.

I would guess that the last thing that Anet would want is to give the appearance of an “Empty Restaurant”. No matter how good the food, no one really wants to eat in an empty restaurant.

Had they done so on purpose, I think it would have been loudly advertised across not only the player base, but the entire gaming industry.

Edit: Now back to killing Zombies in Boston….

(edited by Soon.5240)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Ppl complain if servers are full, and ppl complain if servers are not full. Oo

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

According to the server forum, most of the Quarrians are happy to have a open server finally.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well i did run WvW solo yesterday … One oposing server seemed to care about points and i fought back alone. Indeed got nice fights and played a hit an run tactics. Died to a group of 4 after their fourth atempt to get me and to a well played ele. Got a lot camps and points and killed a 2 player roming team. So while it was fun it was lonley …… I am a romaer and like this kind of play but its not a good sign to play alone in BL between 22h/23h on EU servers.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I personally hate the new borderlands, but it seems other servers hate them even more. Desolation seems to be the only server in EU which has adopted to the new borderlands. At least we got players to do those events and capture stuff. This + the coverage gives us the massive point lead.

Just FYI, WvW is still dead, outside of prime time it’s a graveyard.
SFR-ViZ-BB MU:
From SFR side, EU Primetime, Monday, ~50 man Q on EBG, 10-20 man Q on random BL guilds using, still 1-2 other guilds on second BL.
From ViZ side, I saw 2-3-4 guilds running ~10-30 players each, on Sunday even 3-4 guilds making a “full map blob” when attacking together.
Sorry about BB, I missed them due to the difference in schedule, they’re playing after I have to leave (they always started later, nothing new, it’s this way since Season 1).

If you check the Income Evolution graph, you can see when the ViZ guilds are starting as SFR’s 300+ tick falls down suddenly.

We have players on BLs mostly from GUILDS!
GUILDS, who were Quagganed by Anet, just remember the Guild Upgrades lost, the horrible, expensive Scribing/GH Upgrades for WvW “improvements” while rewards are still low, the lacking Commander Tag options (still no Guild-only tag!) and things I already forgot…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Good job with the bls.. its just a few minority that doesnt like them..
“Give them a week to play pve and when hot becomes a week old everyone will be back to wvw” hmmmm lets maybe give them 2 months then… 4 weeks was not enough

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

2 Servers still full in EU

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

2 Servers still full in EU

No, only Deso

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Thanks for killing wvw anet!

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

All servers now open

in WvW

morrolan.9608

People aren’t complaing that theyre open they’re pointing out thats its clear evidence of the decline in the game mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

the best server for participation and TS with lotsa veterans Blackgate, hands down. but all T1 servers are decent in their own way. join one of them and force the bottom tiers to shut down so we can stuff the top 3 tiers to the max.

Sincerly, Me.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

If there is a global Population loss after three years, then it might be time to drop one or two servers and merge. But the WvW dropout hit directly with the expansion and even when the game suffers a bit from its life time it should go up at least a bit after the first expansion not further down …

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Indeed, the only way for so many server to become open is if they all were tanking for the last 2 weeks; or the more plausible reason: players are leaving WvW.

Now the problem will be how they calculate populations.
Is a Full server above a certain number of active players. Is that number decided by another calculation? If so then in another 2-4 weeks we may see several servers become Full again.
But this will not mean that players have returned, it will mean the Full cut-off point has been lowered. So dont let that fool you if it happens.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

(edited by Buy Some Apples.6390)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

They complained about fullness when that metric took into account all those actually on the server, not just those who played WvW, which is the only thing servers are really for now.

People aren’t complaining that servers aren’t full, they’re worried about what that means-a serious decline in WvW participation.

Tarnished Coast

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I hate to say it but its really time to shut down the bottom tiers entirely, in fact, its very long overdue.

yes, there are a few people, a very small segment of entire game population that went to the bottom tiers to be exactly and precisely the loner roamers, etc. But….

Are those few people actually forking up enough real life $$ to justify the existance of their servers ?

Also, are those few people forking up the real life $$ for the few new players to transfer off that inadvertantly get trapped on their servers and don’t want to be the solo / small stuff roamers ?

I am willing to bet the answer to both those questions is a resounding no.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

LET THE STACKING RESUME!!! ahhh the irony…

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I hate to say it but its really time to shut down the bottom tiers entirely, in fact, its very long overdue.

yes, there are a few people, a very small segment of entire game population that went to the bottom tiers to be exactly and precisely the loner roamers, etc. But….

Are those few people actually forking up enough real life $$ to justify the existance of their servers ?

Also, are those few people forking up the real life $$ for the few new players to transfer off that inadvertantly get trapped on their servers and don’t want to be the solo / small stuff roamers ?

I am willing to bet the answer to both those questions is a resounding no.

What would that fix? If your boat is sinking and you have the tools to fix it you don’t jump into another leaking boat.

Ant needs to get in here and communicate with their playerbase. They need to revert some of the terrible changes HoT introduced and bring the alpine map back into rotation (or just back as a replacement).

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you wait a few more weeks, transfer costs will probably go down even more as the game mode empties — unless Anet makes changes to what’s considered “full.”

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

I moved from SBI to JQ last night and guess what I found? Enemies on the borderlands. It wasn’t just one little 10 man group, it was multiple groups of 20+. That’s something I had not seen in T3 since the release of HoT outside of reset night. 10/10 would transfer again.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Deso got all f2p players and f2p players can’t play new awesome PvE maps.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Haven’t entered WvW since like day 3 of HoT. And WvW is the only game mode I play.

[HUE]

All servers now open

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

/me gets on soapbox, clears throat

“Step right up ladies and gents for your very own chance at being in the bigger blob.

Tired of being run over while trying to flip a camp or tower?
Weary of having to run when you see a far off sentry flip to the opposing team?
Burnt out from running half way across a map just to find those bags you left behind?
Want to steamroll any and all opposition whist only pressing the 1 key?
Need to lurn how to dodge, but just can’t find the time while watching netflix?

Then have no fear, for the low low cost of 1000ish gems, you too can join the winning side. From the comfort of your own home and with only a bare minimum connection you too can feel superior to everyone you may encounter. High Ping, no worries, we got you covered with many a zergling ready and willing to finish what you started.

Switch servers today, our gem store operators are standing by."

Side effects may include: feeling emasculated, lack of enthusiasm and general boredom. In an average test group we removed splinters from some players hands due large periods of PvD.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Can someone clearly explain how a decline in server pop is an indication of WvW dying?

My understanding is that your home server by and large only effects WvW, since everything else is mega servers or guesting. So a server losing population would only happen from players quitting the game (and deleting their characters) or server transferring. But since servers only effect WvW, you would only transfer to improve your WvW experience.

The lose of population from high tier servers seems like more likely an effect from borderlands being hated so much that it artificially increases the queue for Eternal Battlegrounds forcing large guilds to find new servers.

All servers now open

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Guilds moving from upper tiers to lower is noticeable and hasn’t happened to a large extent. In fact the opposite has been happening, due to the availability of the guild arena for GvGs, GvG guilds that moved down to T3 a few months ago due to queues have been moving back to T1 servers since BG and YB came off full when HOT launched.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Uh… I don’t think a T1 server needs more players. I don’t care if you have less than what you used to have, you still have more WvWers than most other servers. How about spread people out instead of bandwagoning them all on to one server? Makes for more interesting match ups because it’s not constantly one sided…

For those that are considering transferring, think about moving to a tier other than T1. The other servers may not have 24/7 coverage but they aren’t total ghost towns either, other than T7 – T8, although even those tiers still have a bit of activity.

T1 – T3 are roughly the same but T2 is pretty one sided since TC is effectively T1.5

Avoid bandwagoning too heavily on to one server or it makes for incredibly boring match ups.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Uh… I don’t think a T1 server needs more players. I don’t care if you have less than what you used to have, you still have more WvWers than most other servers. How about spread people out instead of bandwagoning them all on to one server? Makes for more interesting match ups because it’s not constantly one sided…

For those that are considering transferring, think about moving to a tier other than T1. The other servers may not have 24/7 coverage but they aren’t total ghost towns either, other than T7 – T8, although even those tiers still have a bit of activity.

kitten are roughly the same but T2 is pretty one sided since TC is effectively T1.5

Avoid bandwagoning too heavily on to one server or it makes for incredibly boring match ups.

That’s not how Wvw works in T1. The transferring that takes place is more of a shuffling between the top worlds to balance and make the matches more interesting.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

kitten are roughly the same but T2 is pretty one sided since TC is effectively T1.5

Yeah well up until Sunday t1 was dead in wvw. I came from Mag (also vacationed on DH recently) to yaks a week or so ago and it was just as dead in t1 as anywhere else. Since the servers opened up wvw picked up a lot , once again fun.

I think you are wrong because there is not enough players to fill all the servers. So really the people like you stuck in low tier dead servers should be moving and filling up the top 3 tiers at least.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I moved from SBI to JQ last night and guess what I found? Enemies on the borderlands. It wasn’t just one little 10 man group, it was multiple groups of 20+. That’s something I had not seen in T3 since the release of HoT outside of reset night. 10/10 would transfer again.

that’s funny, I’ve been on JQ for a while, and even today at 9PM EST I didnt see one enemies at BLs. I did some of my WvW dailys and decided to go PvE again because EB’s ques are 40+.

Multiple group of 20+ enemies roaming in BL Maps? Really hard to believe.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

that’s funny, I’ve been on JQ for a while, and even today at 9PM EST I didnt see one enemies at BLs. I did some of my WvW dailys and decided to go PvE again because EB’s ques are 40+.

Multiple group of 20+ enemies roaming in BL Maps? Really hard to believe.

Not hard to believe, that poster mentioned last night, and I know which guilds raided on BL’s last night. I’m in one of the guilds that raided with 2 other guilds last night. Tonight however, action was mostly in EBG, as it’s an off-night for a couple of other guilds that raided the night before.