in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

forum bug bleh…

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

How’s WvW at the very bottom of the list? Before HoT I remember lots of people said it’s good fun and people preferred to play there due no blobs but is it still fun now?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Some guilds are beginning to stack T1 again. When the HOT hype dies down, the PvX players will return to WvW and when that happen, I wonder what will happen to those servers that got stacked and then locked due to the returns of PvX players. Will those guilds then transfer off T1 because it has become even more blobby due to the PvX players?

By now, people should realise that PvX players account for at least half the overall WvW populations.

Edit: I am certain that anet do not mind people spending gems to transfer, they earn more money that way. In that case, anet has even lesser reasons to solve any wvw issues because solving will means cutting their gems income. Business perspective, it is not a good idea, at all, because they will never know any changes to WvW will work both ways that benefit the players and the company but they do know that keeping the status quo will earn them money.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

By now, people should realise that PvX players account for at least half the overall WvW populations.

No, at least the people I knew of my servers were all wvw players – so I don’t think anyone will return.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Some guilds are beginning to stack T1 again. When the HOT hype dies down, the PvX players will return to WvW .

PvE stuff has died down except for the raid so its past time for them to return. If they;re raiding then they’ll be doing that for a long time but I doubt thats a huge part of the PvX players that WvWed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Some guilds are beginning to stack T1 again. When the HOT hype dies down, the PvX players will return to WvW .

PvE stuff has died down except for the raid so its past time for them to return. If they;re raiding then they’ll be doing that for a long time but I doubt thats a huge part of the PvX players that WvWed.

Not exactly, there’s a lot of PvE stuffs. Just looking at achievements alone, there’s plenty and most of it require a lot of times and efforts to obtain. Other than achievements, there are still skins. There is also the constant farming for the guild halls. Raid is something that will take a lot of hours and it reset every week, not everyone is capable of clearing raid in a single or two tries so expect many people to be stuck in that for many hours every week.

Also, if you ever read the reddit survey on what veteran players were doing these days which was many many months back before HOT was released. It stated most were doing WvW because no new content and do note this clearly, it is because of no new contents they are doing WvW.

All in all, a lot of people will still be busy with HOT contents, that’s the reality of things. Not to forget, christmas is coming, other than the PvX players, even WvW players will be in holiday mood to do something else than gaming so you won’t see plenty of players in WvW anytime soon.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

WOW all servers open sort of scary the state of wvw

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I think the servers are going to become more “open” each day that passes by. I’m on a gold league server and two hours into reset we had no commander on EB and a queue of only 1. Practically unheard of.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

How’s WvW at the very bottom of the list? Before HoT I remember lots of people said it’s good fun and people preferred to play there due no blobs but is it still fun now?

Anet didnt add ANY WvW new features into HOT release, what more proof do you want? From a business logic, what gets released tends to be what the company view as the “more important” aspect that will make them the most money. It is pretty clear what that vision is for HOT, WvW is NOT a priority.

And THe WvW lead has left the company (for an offer he cant refuse, but I dont buy it), it’s pretty clear the state of WvW is kittenED.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I am in the last EU tier. I would say about half the players have left. Well, perhaps not the exact number of players, they all just spend much less time in wvw now.

There are timezones when one server gets together group of 5 players and takes over all the map because nobody is on from other servers. Then on the prime time EB has usually people from all 3 servers but because all the structures are now always tier 3, nobody really wants to take them anymore. It pretty much means there are no siege battles and no roaming.

We still have some fun fights during prime time. That is about same as before.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’m on a gold league server and two hours into reset we had no commander on EB and a queue of only 1. Practically unheard of.

I really hope more players start to realize that’s the result of laziness/lack of interest on the part of new people to start tagging up and taking over than it is on the part of the old commanders who are burning out and want to either quit or spend their time doing other things in this game.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

All servers now open

in WvW

Jana.6831

I really hope more players start to realize that’s the result of laziness/lack of interest on the part of new people to start tagging up and taking over than it is on the part of the old commanders who are burning out and want to either quit or spend their time doing other things in this game.

Is it? Or is it because the fights are frustrating?

All servers now open

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Is it? Or is it because the fights are frustrating?

Yes. It is. The reason for a veteran commander tagging down is not necessarily the same as why no one new tags up. Many times the vet has already “been there done that.” Just going back pre-HoT, I’ve seen strong servers absolutely collapse in a match if their main veteran, celebrity commander decides to take a break. At worse is when I’ve seen players complain about WvW on certain servers because of a lack of tags, as if they are owed leadership. What will happen when all the leadership quits?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

A lot of Gw2 group content often comes down to “let someone else do it” and it happens a lot in WvW.

And of course there are the times when people do try to help but cannot handle uncooperative/incompetent/impatient followers, and of course, backseat drivers. Then again, it certainly goes both ways with people losing their temper and abusing pugs.

The squad thing has helped a lot though, as we can have some kind of function after someone tags down though.

But yea, one shouldn’t complain about that kind of stuff if they’re not going to do anything about it— it could be argued that their inaction is already the answer they’re looking for. Why won’t someone lead? Because everyone is thinking the same thing

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

All servers now open

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yes. It is. The reason for a veteran commander tagging down is not necessarily the same as why no one new tags up. Many times the vet has already “been there done that.” Just going back pre-HoT, I’ve seen strong servers absolutely collapse in a match if their main veteran, celebrity commander decides to take a break. At worse is when I’ve seen players complain about WvW on certain servers because of a lack of tags, as if they are owed leadership. What will happen when all the leadership quits?

Funnily on my server a lot of “new commanders” are tagging up and it usually ends in a disaster. The vets are tagging down as well though – so somehow I think it’s partly the same reason no one tags up: Because fighting is no fun anymore. A new commander who burns a few times won’t tag up again. A vet commander who burned 1000 times more often “burns out” and won’t tag up anymore.
There are other reasons for people not tagging up though. On my last server we really didn’t need a tag – that was an exception though and it might have changed in the meantime.
Yes when all leadership quits, wvw will be dead – until something changes and fights are made fun again (I’m not talking about the new BL, btw).

ETA: I don’t lead because I hate TS and I’m not a “commander type” – wvw isn’t pve in which even the commander can afk most of the times. A good commander really does a lot -and it is frustrating to fight against bugs, OP mechanics and bigger blobs as smaller groups have been nerfed. I think that is the problem why wvw is so frustrating for a lot of people.

ETA²: Also of course the lack of skill of the pugs – when I started I ran into a very sweet commander who explained everything to us – but I admit that this is a lot of work and people come and go so the basics have to be repeated every day.

(edited by Jana.6831)

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

So really the people like you stuck in low tier dead servers should be moving and filling up the top 3 tiers at least.

Yes… Let’s all move up to T1 and 2, empty the low tier servers, and create the same problem all over again by causing lop sided matches and making servers “full” status so everyone can whine and complain about how they can’t get on that server and how their home server is “dead.”

I’ll avoid moving to bandwagon servers where the community is constantly changing so much I’ll never get familiar with anyone, thanks.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

All servers now open

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Funnily on my server a lot of “new commanders” are tagging up and it usually ends in a disaster. The vets are tagging down as well though – so somehow I think it’s partly the same reason no one tags up: Because fighting is no fun anymore. A new commander who burns a few times won’t tag up again. A vet commander who burned 1000 times more often “burns out” and won’t tag up anymore.
There are other reasons for people not tagging up though. On my last server we really didn’t need a tag – that was an exception though and it might have changed in the meantime.
Yes when all leadership quits, wvw will be dead – until something changes and fights are made fun again (I’m not talking about the new BL, btw).

ETA: I don’t lead because I hate TS and I’m not a “commander type” – wvw isn’t pve in which even the commander can afk most of the times. A good commander really does a lot -and it is frustrating to fight against bugs, OP mechanics and bigger blobs as smaller groups have been nerfed. I think that is the problem why wvw is so frustrating for a lot of people.

ETA²: Also of course the lack of skill of the pugs – when I started I ran into a very sweet commander who explained everything to us – but I admit that this is a lot of work and people come and go so the basics have to be repeated every day.

Remember when this forum had a lot of posts from people interested in learning how to pugmand and asking for tips? Heh.

Chaba Tangnu

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Anet didnt add ANY WvW new features into HOT release, what more proof do you want? From a business logic, what gets released tends to be what the company view as the “more important” aspect that will make them the most money. It is pretty clear what that vision is for HOT, WvW is NOT a priority.

And THe WvW lead has left the company (for an offer he cant refuse, but I dont buy it), it’s pretty clear the state of WvW is kittenED.

Uhhoh. Why are you quoteing me and ranting like a mad man with foam coming out of your mouth? My question wasn’t about anything you just said :x

We still have some fun fights during prime time. That is about same as before.

I suppose that’s just how it is in every tier then, just in even smaller scale for you.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

Anybody know the link that shows the Population Status of All Servers?

Thanks in advance,
Diku

For a Better Long Term Solution to WvW – Try a Google Search for – wvg world vs globes

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

shit guardian on maguuma

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Wow……didn’t’ realize every server but one was open in NA.

Dtox

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Thanks in advance,
Diku

For a Better Long Term Solution to WvW – Try a Google Search for – wvg world vs globes

Strong necroing

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Thanks in advance,
Diku

Strong necroing

It was Diku. (S)he must have deleted the necro post…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

All servers now open

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before commenting. Posting in an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necro-posting and disrupts the flow of the forums. In the future, please find a more recent thread or feel free to start your own on a relevant topic. This thread is now locked. Thank you.