All this running - what am I doing wrong?

in WvW

Posted by: Erinyes.3596

Erinyes.3596

I’ve tried WvW a few times now and my experience is spending 10 minutes running across the map to try and find a commander tag to follow. I get into a battle and die quickly and than I spend another 10 minutes running to the next spot if I even make it in the first place.

I have never been in a map where a way point close to the action is not contended so I can’t portal there.

Is this what it’s supposed to like – running like a fool across the map – spending 2 minutes fighting, dying and starting all over from the start of the map??

If I’m not missing anything – this is definitely not a fun way to spend time =/ .

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Your world can build Waypoints in the 3 keeps on the borderlands ( Garri/Hills/Bay ) To reduce the time spent running back to somewhere. If those waypoints are not around then yes it may take a while but 10 minutes is a little bit to much. Think it takes less then 3minutes to go from north to south.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Try reading a few wvw guides, drop the pve build and armors and try and figure out what to do when and where to stand, etc and you might stop being a free bag for the people who know what they are doing.

When season starts, wvw will be full of people just like you, which means much more loot for the more experienced;-)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Welcome to WvW!

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

What is you armor? Zerk armor for someone new to wvw rarely works well. As you become experienced, it might work out for you ok…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Erinyes.3596

Erinyes.3596

This is my first character to 80 so just my 60 cultural and some greens I found along the way.

Do you have a suggestion on what armor I should be wearing for a guardian? I see in the guides they say not to spend the badges of honor because you need them for legendaries – so I’m kinda at a loss as to what I’m supposed to do.

Thanks for the input though !!

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

This is my first character to 80 so just my 60 cultural and some greens I found along the way.

Do you have a suggestion on what armor I should be wearing for a guardian? I see in the guides they say not to spend the badges of honor because you need them for legendaries – so I’m kinda at a loss as to what I’m supposed to do.

Thanks for the input though !!

First figure out what type of Guardian you want to play in WvW. A roamer? A zerg runner? A defender? Healer? Know the role you want to play then equip with what armor is appropriate. There are several good builds discussed in the guardian forums.

Three ways to outfit yourself in exotics.
1) Craft or buy them from TP
2) Purchase with badges from WvW armor vendors
3) Purchase temple armor with Karma

You can also mix/match them if you do not have enough Karma/gold/badges.

With my Guardian I specialize in roaming, Borderland defense, and will solo cap camps or duo towers so I have myself set up in Celestial as it works for my play-style. Knowing what that play-style is is essential to your enjoyment of WvW as you can then equip to suit it.

Hope that makes sense.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yeah, when you start in WvW that is exactly what its like. My first time in WvW i was walking around the map just for a looksie and got too close to a camp and was ganked by the NPCs. Next time i was there for map complete and I came across a roamer who wrecked me just outside my spawn.

Now i spend 5+minutes some days fighting 1v3 on my engie and laughing as they can’t kill me, then squirrel on them and make them chase me across the map until i can pick them off. Good times.

(Caveat: I still get caught out there too and get facerolled. Its part of the game mode. have fun.)

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!