Allow us to buy Ascended items by doing WvW!!

in WvW

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Hi all,

Currently there are many PVE related options to get Ascended items. These are raids, crafting, bosses etc.

For players who only like WvW there is only a rediculously small chance of finding Ascended items through ranking chests.

My suggestion would be to get tokens for ranking up, capping points and killing enemies which allow you to buy Ascended items (Armor,Weapons etc), like with Raid tokens.

Or, why not allowing us to buy them with Badges of Honor? Just make the price of Ascended items twice the price of Exotics

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Hmm, well in the last 2 months I dropped around 5-6 ascended chests from WvW reward track and rankups and probably the same number of ascended rings. Isn’t that enough?

I don’t consider crafting “pve”. I am a WvW player but I can still craft with the material I get in WvW. And it is easy to craft ascended weapons already. I also don’t think getting ascended armor and weapons should be too easy/for free, because otherwise you have nothing to strive for. Every new player will be full exotic in a matter of minutes/hours after reaching level 80, they are incredibly easy to get, your elite specs can be reached in less than an hour as well, so they need something you are still able to reach that actually takes a little more time.

I would be all for unique skins and things like that, you know, cosmetic additions, but I don’t think making it even easier to get ascended stuff would be the right move for our long-term-motivation..

in WvW

Posted by: Hanza.6872

Hanza.6872

I agree, there should be a steady way to acquire ascended items. Unlike with pve the only way to currently obtain ascended gear in wvw is luck. It would help tremendously if there was a way to slowly gather enough for some new gear without lucky drops. RNG cannot be a way to balance things out!

Rinks example might just be one of lucky drops, or perhaps my own luck might just be really crappy, but the system shouldn’t be based on RNG alone! Just look at what happens to the playerbase in all the Korean games that do it that way..

in WvW

robertjan.2197

I agree, there should be a steady way to acquire ascended items. Unlike with pve the only way to currently obtain ascended gear in wvw is luck. It would help tremendously if there was a way to slowly gather enough for some new gear without lucky drops. RNG cannot be a way to balance things out!

Rinks example might just be one of lucky drops, or perhaps my own luck might just be really crappy, but the system shouldn’t be based on RNG alone! Just look at what happens to the playerbase in all the Korean games that do it that way..

Agee. I am currently WvW lvl 114 which took me 1 year to reach as I am a very casual player who plays 1-2 hours a day tops. So far I have obtained 1 Ascended ring and no other Ascended item.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

1. You can already buy ascended items with Badges of Honor and Ectoplasm

2. I’ve gotten more ascended drops in WvW than in PvE, including FotM, and I have Ad Infinitum.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

2. I’ve gotten more ascended drops in WvW than in PvE, including FotM, and I have Ad Infinitum.

Which just reinforces this topic, which is about making it less RNG!

And yes, you can buy jewelry with badges, not armor or weapons. Which is very nice. But it would be even better if you could buy weapons and armor that way as well. Doesn’t have to be cheap, just achievable!

On a side note, I just gained another box from pvp, where I play less than 10% of my gametime. No other mode gave me any weapon or armor box yet..

Puz – TDA

in WvW

Rink.6108

Drops aren’t the only way to get ascended armor and weapons for players in WvW. There is a thing called crafting and a market, where you are able to buy everything you would need for making your armor and weapons. It isn’t difficult, it just isn’t cheap (around 70 gold per ascended), so you have to play a while and sell stuff to get it. With the reward tracks it is no problem to save up that kind of money.
You guys have to keep in mind that the crafting has to make sense as well. If you can get everything somewhere else than with crafting it yourself, then why would anyone level their crafting to 500 at all?
Furthermore if such a thing is implemented for wvw, then it has to be implemented for other gamemodes as well. Fractals, pvp, dungeons…

I could live with reducing the “rng” and including boxes or at least materials you might need for ascended armors and weapons to be traded for heroics (they cannot use badges, as there are people with 50’000+ of those because of EotM-farming). But then they should be as hard to get or harder to get as the drops are today while at the same time reducing the random drop rate. So I think it would have to be at least 1000-2000 proofs of heroic per ascended piece to be balanced with the worth of heroics compared to crafting it. If I was you, I would just save up the money and craft it.

(edited by Rink.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Drops aren’t the only way to get ascended armor and weapons for players in WvW. There is a thing called crafting and a market, where you are able to buy everything you would need for making your armor and weapons. It isn’t difficult, it just isn’t cheap (around 70 gold per ascended), so you have to play a while and sell stuff to get it. With the reward tracks it is no problem to save up that kind of money.
You guys have to keep in mind that the crafting has to make sense as well. If you can get everything somewhere else than with crafting it yourself, then why would anyone level their crafting to 500 at all?
Furthermore if such a thing is implemented for wvw, then it has to be implemented for other gamemodes as well. Fractals, pvp, dungeons…

I could live with reducing the “rng” and including boxes or at least materials you might need for ascended armors and weapons to be traded for heroics (they cannot use badges, as there are people with 50’000+ of those because of EotM-farming). But then they should be as hard to get or harder to get as the drops are today while at the same time reducing the random drop rate. So I think it would have to be at least 1500-2000 proofs of heroic per ascended piece to be balanced with the worth of heroics compared to crafting it. If I was you, I would just save up the money and craft it.

Looks like someone is way behind the times. Both Raids and Fractals allow players to buy Ascended Armor, weapons and Trinkets with currencies specifically from that content on top of the random drops…. pvp doesn’t have a reliance on Stats or Ascended items so that’s a moot point but it has one of the higher drop rates for more useable Ascended items since nothing is stuck to a specific item type only to stat type and dungeons are dead content and don’t require or have a need for Ascended items.

in WvW

Rink.6108

I am not a PvE player. You can already buy trinkets in wvw with badges as well btw. I also disagree on your opinion about PvP or dungeons not “needing” that rewards. Of course if you implement something for one gamemode, then you have to give similar ways for other gamemodes.
I know that Raids allow you to “buy” ascended armor, but imho this content and high level fractals really aren’t comparable to WvW in difficulty to get the currency you need to exchange against ascended items. So if the same thing were to be implemented in WvW you have to account for the difficulty by making it something that is really hard to reach or create new hard to get currencies.

(edited by Rink.6108)

in WvW

robertjan.2197

Do you even play WvW? I can guarantee you that the drop is much lower than in PVE…

As for your first point, you are only able to buy the same accessories as you can buy in the main cities for Laurels. You canmot biy armor nor weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

may be using proof of heroic + badge of honor + some gold ? i don’t know…. just make use of any currency that we get from doing WvW….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I am not a PvE player. You can already buy trinkets in wvw with badges as well btw. I also disagree on your opinion about PvP or dungeons not “needing” that rewards. Of course if you implement something for one gamemode, then you have to give similar ways for other gamemodes.
I know that Raids allow you to “buy” ascended armor, but imho this content and high level fractals really aren’t comparable to WvW in difficulty to get the currency you need to exchange against ascended items. So if the same thing were to be implemented in WvW you have to account for the difficulty by making it something that is really hard to reach or create new hard to get currencies.

Originally you said that you couldn’t purchase Ascended in Pve which I pointed out is false since two different Pve content modes offer the armor/weapons for purchase.

Pvp doesn’t use stats from gear so not needed, dungeons are so easy that Ascended gear is not need neither are exotics for that matter. You can buy Ascended armor weapons and Trinkets for pretty cheap since it’s very easy to get the Magnetite shards, Raids are not all that hard especially if you have a static group and raid weekly, he’ll you get the currency for wiping, for trading in minis that drop for salvaging any Ascended items dropped from Raids, oh yeah the random Ascended drop rates in raids are better than WvW, Fractals the currencies used is very easy to come across and only takes you doing the dailies and having some gold.

So having badges of honor, Proofs of Heroics and gold to buy Ascended pieces the prices wouldn’t be too far off from what other game modes offer for purchasing.