Alpine Border Land Back - Spawn Treb Bug

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

I’m sure ANet came come up with an option that helps the defending server besides an exploit. As it has been noted several times in this post, spawn trebs are often used against small havocs and in non “snowball matches”. It’s abusive.

Also, they can hit garrison as well (and therefore provide defense for it).

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No, I mean the players, I know the siege can be destroyed, but the players are able to stand there picking their noses while you nuke or countersiege lol. So make them killable (remove the determined buff).

Make it so that it isn’t risk free for the players to use spawn trebs, but allow them to do it. I think that’d be a fair enough middle ground. Granted I wouldn’t be surprised if people still managed to abuse it lol…..

What would that change? It’s in the spawn. You could kill them in one treb hit every time and they would have a, what, 10 second run back at most?

It’s risk free by the virtue that hey can just run back immediately and can never lose the ground to the enemy because you can’t enter an opponent’s spawn.

Whether or not they are invulnerable is completely irrelevant for the most part.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

The trebuchets you are talking about that you can make outside of the spawns are actually counterable and can be destroyed if you know what you are doing siege wise for placements. It’s fine the way it is. Plus people on their home borderland should be able to get back their stuff when it comes to the North towers or Garrison. Usually they have to use trebs as a last resort when they can’t do anything else to get it back. Usually when the opposing side outnumbers them a crap ton or they sieged up the towers and garrison like crazy. ALSO even if you can treb down the wall, you still have to go in there and fight tooth and nail to get back your stuff. If it is garrison then you still have to go in there and take down the inner too with different siege. If this were changed it’d hurt the game and and reduce people’s tactical options. The trebs people can make are just fine. Also think about this if a blob has taken a garrison and sieged it up so you can even step anywhere close to it that’s not cool when they outnumber you a lot and are acting like bullies, being able to make a treb whether outside of a spawn or in a tower is part of the game changing that would not be smart at all.

(edited by aandiarie.7195)

in WvW

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

Spawn trebs thrown from outside of the no-siege area into the no-siege area are counterable. The problem is that there’s an exploit that allows them to be thrown from inside the no-siege area.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Spawn trebs thrown from outside of the no-siege area into the no-siege area are counterable. The problem is that there’s an exploit that allows them to be thrown from inside the no-siege area.

I would support fixing an exploit that allows them to be thrown inside the [Determined] area (I’ve been one of a handful of people in this thread in favor of trebs at the edge of citadel).

It’s still absolutely possible to assault those towers with siege placed out of the reach of any and all citadel trebs, but I agree that players should not be able to throw siege when standing in areas that should be covered by [Determined].

I’m sure ANet came come up with an option that helps the defending server besides an exploit. As it has been noted several times in this post, spawn trebs are often used against small havocs and in non “snowball matches”. It’s abusive.

Also, they can hit garrison as well (and therefore provide defense for it).

The problem is that WvW has never yet had an effective option that assists the defending/homefield server. Designing one that a spawn-camping server would consider “fair” is a losing proposition.

Additionally, citadel trebs are nearly useless for defending Garrison against attackers who aren’t in the northern towers. They cannot reach Garrison’s most vulnerable gates (watergate & SE).

They are useful for re-capturing Garrison and making an occupying enemy’s stay in Garrison uncomfortable (by constantly damaging Garrison outer walls).

(edited by Heimlich.3065)

in WvW

Posted by: Rocket.1723

Rocket.1723

I have always disagreed with this being an exploit. This isn’t “fly-hacking” or “wall-climbing”. The seige is still destructible. Even if we all used this, it doesn’t seem all that big a deal because as a defensive strategy it fails since the north towers can be attacked from many different directions (including trebbing from the adjacent camps) and as an offensive strategy, if the server is backed up into their own citadel, how much of a threat can they be?

Doesn’t the WvW team have more important things to work on? I’d hate to see this item get undo attention when scoring updates sound more impactful to the long-term viability of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

(Oh also there still is a thing called shield generators people in the towers can use), but seriously the trebuchets are not a bug or exploit and are counterable and destroyable. This is not an issue and the wvw team has better things to work on.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

IMHO, it would appear to me to be an exploit, BUT the allowed use of spawn siege would also seem to match the stated desire to keep matches close up to the last day.
The major advantage of spawn trebs often goes to the servers unable to recap by other means.

The two choices would then appear to be;

Removal of the ability to place the trebs by any means,

OR

ANet Place plates that “spawn siege” can be built upon by normal means.

The second option would then allow use of the spawn siege for those of us not wishing to use possible exploits, if that is what they actually desire. Either fix is acceptable to me.

Lastly please refrain from abusive responses.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Like others, I’ll have to say that the exploit should be fixed in the sense of exploitation (especially the ones recessed into the keep), but there should exist some kind of “safe” treb spot to build at the forefront of spawn which can only hit the towers, which uses normal siege/world rules for damage, and thus can be countered unless given shield gens, in which case… all the momentum gained is strictly for towers, and then new trebs need to be built to siege garrison from the towers, which is intended behavior.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

You know that you can do the same with the south east spawn on DBL to attack the south east tower ?
This is not only some ABL problem, but DBL have the same issue… It’s not very used because no one care to the south tower on DBL then without defender the attack team don’t have to use that. But you can build on unreachable spot (at least with your character) on DBL…

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

See, this map is clearly glorified with bugs, just bring back Desert already. Alpine clearly needs tweaking before its playable. Bring back desertr so we can play on a finished more superior map. This bugged hasnt been resolved for years and wont be.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader