Alpine Borderlands needs to be prio #1

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Since nobody wants to play desert borderlands EB ends up with a crazy queue while the other maps are empty or full of semi-afk players waiting for their EB queue.

ArenaNet needs to quickly roll out the alpine borderlands. It would alleviate many of the concerns on this forum right now.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Literally every borderland was queued last night. You’re not making a whole lot of sense, here.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Literally every borderland was queued last night. You’re not making a whole lot of sense, here.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

hate to break it to ya, but Anet has already expressed that they will be rotating the maps.. yes, they’re bringing back Alpine, but DBL will also come back...they said likely seasonal rotation

and for everyone who hates it... it really is much better after the changes. give it another shot

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

This isn’t something new. In the upper tiers, EBG has always had queues during prime time – it was always a hassle getting people to play on the borderlands. This isn’t magically going to change when they switch them again. There might be a slight surge as people try them out again, but then it will be back to the same situation. Fights (and public tags) are often easier to find on EBG, so pugs often migrate there.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Of course, that’s people simply trying to play, anywhere they can. EB is without question the first to queue. Thus making the desert bl not the first choice of players, it makes it the “if I have to” choice.

I agree with the OP, Alpine should be the top priority of the Dev’s. They should not have spend a minute on modifying the Desert map. Instead that time should have been put toward getting Alpine ready sooner.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

The Desert BL is vastly improved and have been non stop action and fights during prime. They aren’t that bad.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

desert BL still too big, too much running.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

And today EBG has been queued all day while the bl’s are empty with the exception of the occasional karma train.
I spent an hour roaming the bl while waiting in queue before logging off out of boredom. The alpine needs to return.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Just sat through an 80+ queue for EB and none of the BLs had a queue.

Yeah, the alpine BLs can’t come back soon enough.

SBI

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Of course, that’s people simply trying to play, anywhere they can. EB is without question the first to queue. Thus making the desert bl not the first choice of players, it makes it the “if I have to” choice.

I agree with the OP, Alpine should be the top priority of the Dev’s. They should not have spend a minute on modifying the Desert map. Instead that time should have been put toward getting Alpine ready sooner.

It was the same with Alpine. After reset, EBG would be queued even while the borders were empty. EBG has always been the first to queue.

in WvW

Puck.9612

It was the same with Alpine. After reset, EBG would be queued even while the borders were empty. EBG has always been the first to queue.

Yeah but it was never a 60+ queue on EBG with almost 0 activity on the bl’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No.
Also, be aware, I’m taking the names of people who make these threads and will be checking how much they play Alpine.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Lenardius.1098

Lenardius.1098

All Anet has to do is bring back Alpine then see how many players in all tiers play the BL’s 24/7 for 1 week. then everybody know the answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

All Anet has to do is bring back Alpine then see how many players in all tiers play the BL’s 24/7 for 1 week. then everybody know the answer.

The answer will be the same as now. 1 scout will sit in each keep (if you’re lucky) and then when a blob attacks, they will call EB for the zerg. That’s all Alpine was ever about.

During prime time, a few guilds will roam about on the south of the map looking for a fight, and will attack a keep when there’s no enemies. Just like on Desert maps now.

Alpine is not some magical map where everything is wonderful and sparkly. I think a lot of these forumwarriors are looking at things through rose-tinted specs.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Since nobody wants to play desert borderlands EB ends up with a crazy queue while the other maps are empty or full of semi-afk players waiting for their EB queue.

ArenaNet needs to quickly roll out the alpine borderlands. It would alleviate many of the concerns on this forum right now.

^^ Exactly! ^^

I hope some developer would comment about the schedule. When we can see the original Alpine borderland back?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

I think a lot of these forumwarriors are looking at things through rose-tinted specs.

Or, maybe it’s from thousands of hours of experience????

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Puck.9612

The answer will be the same as now. 1 scout will sit in each keep (if you’re lucky) and then when a blob attacks, they will call EB for the zerg. That’s all Alpine was ever about.

During prime time, a few guilds will roam about on the south of the map looking for a fight, and will attack a keep when there’s no enemies. Just like on Desert maps now.

Alpine is not some magical map where everything is wonderful and sparkly. I think a lot of these forumwarriors are looking at things through rose-tinted specs.

Your experience (or lack of?) was far different than mine. In multiple tiers I always found players that spent the majority of their play time either defending/upgrading or attacking the alpine bl, myself included.
EBG was pretty much considered the scrub map where hopefully someone would pug tag for the zerglings that couldn’t cap or defend anything without someone telling them what to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Am I the only one who’s already bored of the Alpine map?
Desert BL is so much better.
If it weren’t for all the gimmicky side mechanics,and if they would add some short of
very limited gliding it would be perfect.
But Alpine?!!!
Go Bay cata spot once again.Yay!!!!! So much fun….Not.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Your experience (or lack of?) was far different than mine. In multiple tiers I always found players that spent the majority of their play time either defending/upgrading or attacking the alpine bl, myself included.
EBG was pretty much considered the scrub map where hopefully someone would pug tag for the zerglings that couldn’t cap or defend anything without someone telling them what to do.

Played T2 most of my time in GW2. Been here since release. My experience matches Lenardius. My guild had to switch maps multiple times to find people to fight several nights, usually weekdays.

Unless we were defending home bl, EB always queued first. And even then, if it was Tuesday or later in the week, EB always queued first.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

These days in my server matchup the borders were quite active, even with queues at times and it was fun playing in em.
The changes to Desert are in the right direction…I would rather see more changes to keep improving the Desert Borders than go back to Alpines.

little big wizard – Eu

in WvW

Posted by: archiedoodle.9548

archiedoodle.9548

Desert borders are fine once you get used to them, which is easier with the recent changes. I’d like to see a weekly rotation and, eventualy a third style borderland to up the variety. Only stale map is EB, though it’s queued pretty much 24/7 on Deso. Fine by me. Dull as kittene after nearly 4 years.

in WvW

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

I always hated EB but have been playing that mostly since the DBLs. I was hoping Alpine would be brought back with this reset. W.T.F.
On some servers DBLs have queues. Players are active. How is that an indication they are happy? Bring Alpine back, see if EB will have queues then.

I thought we were over this, and it was decided! They made some tweaks to DBLs last week. Big deal! kitten this kitten. No rotation. No compromise. Pure Alpine.

Bring them back, not tomorrow, not next month, not in another lifetime — kittening yesterday.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

(edited by LoL NooBs.5076)

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

No.
Also, be aware, I’m taking the names of people who make these threads and will be checking how much they play Alpine.

Sure you are. Have fun adding everyone to your friends list and keeping a spreadsheet of activity over the course of 24 hours day after day.

That foolishness aside, I can’t wait to go home to the Alpine BLs – whether anyone else goes or not.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Please no alpine borderlands. I got sick of that map years ago ×D

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

ABL would have been WAAAAYYYY to small for this beta test. DBL were all queued as well and showing why they were mad to be this size.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Unless we were defending home bl, EB always queued first. And even then, if it was Tuesday or later in the week, EB always queued first.

kitten, EB always queued first, don’t let people try and say otherwise.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Puck.9612

kitten, EB always queued first, don’t let people try and say otherwise.

….do they not have the same population limit? The same number of objectives? Even though the DBL is substantially larger the alpine still has more open space around objectives for fighting. Only thing the DBL has is a lot more wasted space.

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

ABL would have been WAAAAYYYY to small for this beta test. DBL were all queued as well and showing why they were mad to be this size.

OMG… did you say a Q? Wow, Alpine would never hold a Q right? /s

Yes… because Alpine was never Q’d before? Because Alpine wasn’t the map used for three seasons??? Please gtfo with such nonsense.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I am having loads of fun on Desert maps atm. EB is overblobbed anyway, and has queues. It will be overblobbed even when Apline maps return and will have queues then too.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

I am having loads of fun on Desert maps atm. EB is overblobbed anyway, and has queues. It will be overblobbed even when Apline maps return and will have queues then too.

But then players will have an alternative to EB. At the moment my two options are queueing for EB or going to a dead borderland. The end result is me just closing the game. Currently only one BL keep is flipped in T2. For a Sunday afternoon that is completely abnormal – especially given the increased playerbase the world linking brought.

You can argue as much as you want that desert BL is amazing. The hard fact is that nobody plays it, which is why Arena Net is bringing alpine BL back. If you had played WvW before HoT you would see what an incredible decline WvW has been in since.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I agree we need Alpine bls back ASAP.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

You can argue as much as you want that desert BL is amazing. The hard fact is that nobody plays it, which is why Arena Net is bringing alpine BL back.

35-40 Gandarans/RoS fought 40 or so SFR for the last 2 hours on Gandara Border. Baruch had 10 players there as well for a while. 90 people ain’t nobody.

As for Alpine; they were always due to return at some point.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

But then players will have an alternative to EB. At the moment my two options are queueing for EB or going to a dead borderland. The end result is me just closing the game. Currently only one BL keep is flipped in T2. For a Sunday afternoon that is completely abnormal – especially given the increased playerbase the world linking brought.

You can argue as much as you want that desert BL is amazing. The hard fact is that nobody plays it, which is why Arena Net is bringing alpine BL back. If you had played WvW before HoT you would see what an incredible decline WvW has been in since.

I don’t see how someone from FA can say this. I’ve played more WvW this weekend than I care to admit and I’ve been seeing nearly non-stop FA zergs on my BL and I’ve heard reports of them from forces on other BLs. In NA, there’s a constant FA presence and usually an HoD presence and, thankfully, a solid SoS presence too.

What timezone do you play in, perhaps?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

This is not true. EB is one map and borderlands are 3. If EB and borderlands are equally popular then EB should be more congested. Tier 1 servers have had actual queues to borderlands and great fights in them even at times when EB wasn’t queued. Just because you personally don’t like playing the borderlands doesn’t mean nobody does.

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Been playing since release, in nearly every tier. EB has always queued first. Always. The alpine borderlands were always hotspots during reset with sporadic activity at all other times, exactly the same as desert borderlands are now. In fact that’s exactly how the game mode was designed, it’s why each server has their own BL only to be occasionally “invaded” by other servers.

I would really prefer if we got to keep the desert BL for a while longer, especially with the new changes to it. I’ve played the alpine BL to death, and it had some annoying aspects too, like north camp way above the home spawn and a ton of useless space in the northern corners of the map. Also the ruins mechanic was terrible, so boring. I would only want them to bring it back if they significantly updated the map to freshen it up a bit. And even then I would still prefer a semi-regular rotation with the desert BL map.

in WvW

Posted by: The Isz.2346

The Isz.2346

does not want desert.
does not want ruins of power.

wants pre sept 17th 2013 patch.

Bring back the quaggans so we can build weather nodes.

Alliance For A Grub Free Ebg [Grub] – Blackgate
Sept 17th 2013 the day WvW died.
Gaming @ 5670×1080

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

does not want desert.
does not want ruins of power.

wants pre sept 17th 2013 patch.

Bring back the quaggans so we can build weather nodes.

^^ This! ^^

Ruins of Power was yet another power creep and looked liked an ugly spvp map copy & pasted over the original lake.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

I had fun on the db with the new changes. The spawn point change to the towers made a huge improvement.

There was a queue on every map at prime time which normally never happens. + the large map allows roaming which i did a lot of yesterday.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would be pleased havin map diversity. So each realm has its own map. One is alpine, one desert and the third either a reworked EB as homeland and EB dropped or something else.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

No idea what you talking about, BL maps have been full of action whole weekend. I have stayed there for 3 days and they never “dead”. They just have no queues, as EB does most times.

There is very simple way to get enemies to show up, go and flip some stuff in their home BL, try it, it’s really fun. They fly in like a spawn of angry wasps! Specially if you manage to get into their keep.

You just closing the game is just you being lazy.

I have never said Desert map is amazing. Specially, at the release, it had several problems. But there have been many improvements, which you have all missed because you do not go there so you have no idea what has been improved or changed. People whining about Desert maps are the ones who never play there, so they have no knowledge about the issue, mostly they repeat same old complains from the HoT release. It’s too large, waa-waa-waa, I fell to death, waa-waa-waa, I’m lost… etc

WvW was declining before HoT and much of the decline has nothing whatsoever to do with maps, and you would know it too if you had played some WvW before HoT was released. There are deeper things gone wrong.

Desert map has some good stuff and some bad. Alpine maps were terrible too in many ways but it is easy to forget about these stuff you have not seen for many months. Bringing them back won’t be amazing experience, there will be again many players complaining about Desert maps, about Alpine maps and about why the maps keep changing all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I have been having a blast solo roaming and sub-10 havok on the bl with it actually being populated.

It feels a little big, I would like more WP or something. But the map is actually very fun and dynamic to fight in for all styles.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Welcome to GW2 WvW since day 1. It’s always been like this – everyone go to EB and only if its full go to BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

The Desert BL’s are fun now that they took the PVE laser out if you want to stay a zergling and have blob fights stay on EB. If you want to do different tactics and have different challenges go to the Desert Boarder Lands

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Desert BL are in a good spot now.
EB always has the longest queues.
People wanting Alpine back ASAP will be probably be the first to complain it is boring.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

Welcome to GW2 WvW since day 1. It’s always been like this – everyone go to EB and only if its full go to BL.

The difference is that people are not going to the desert BL while waiting in the EB queue.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

hate to break it to ya, but Anet has already expressed that they will be rotating the maps.. yes, they’re bringing back Alpine, but DBL will also come back…they said likely seasonal rotation

and for everyone who hates it… it really is much better after the changes. give it another shot

I hope they fix the central area of the Desert BL maps first. Maybe move the Garrisons down into it or something. Big wasted space that usually just gets run around.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

The Desert Map is awesome. When they bring back the Alpine map they need to drastically change it. If then do not, they I don’t see how bringing the map back will be good for the game. I don’t want to play the same map I’ve played for 2 years… the recent changes to the new map have been superb. They just need to fix the oasis event mainly.

EBG has always been the spot for queues and militia. It’s been this way even before hot. The most populated servers always have a high queue on EBG. Nothing with change with the alpine map. This will still remain true.

Most of the player base likes constant action with no down time. That’s what EBG is, That’s what alpine promotes.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Puck.9612

The Desert BL’s are fun now that they took the PVE laser out if you want to stay a zergling and have blob fights stay on EB. If you want to do different tactics and have different challenges go to the Desert Boarder Lands

What exactly is “fun” about the map? I’m honestly asking.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

with the last change DBL is not that bad. Yes the map have always issue.
Tower are useless and keep are too big. And keep feel “unsecure” because ennemy have a lot of spot where they have higher ground to attack… Keep should be in top of the hills, not surrounded with hard to counter cata / treb spot.
But with the last change we can at least travel on the map, and the WP change help a lot with that.
Honestly the map is playable now, and we get our “home” with the WP.
Try it at least.