Alt -F4 FotM?

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

Don’t want to give badges just Alt – F4!

Ok thiefs have perma stealth. Everyone else gets alt-f4. I’m getting sick of this kitten.

Just had group of 5 morons on FA getting out of being killed.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Part of me says man that sucks and yes it’s an issue, another part of me hopes they were all perma stealth thieves you downed so it was double your pain. Please let me know how you next fight goes. Savor the fact they were that saddened by your victory they all rage quit, also you prolly weren’t gonna get a badge from either of those 5 anyway.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Thieves don’t drop badges….they only drop low quality salvages if anything at all

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

I find it hilarious tbh that they are so scared of you or so afraid of dying in a virtual game they feel the need to log out…or just feel the only ounce of power they have in their entire life is denying you a bag of loot lol

I love it when people do it, shows the character of them :P

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Alt-F4 should leave your character in the game for 30 seconds if in combat, even if the client closes. Problem solved.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Sotaudi.1265

Sotaudi.1265

Ok thiefs have perma stealth. Everyone else gets alt-f4. I’m getting sick of this kitten.

What makes you think thieves don’t do this. Ironically, the only time I have seen this happen is when thieves did it. I am not saying that all thieves do it, just that it is not exclusive to “Everyone else.”

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

I seem to be seeing it more and more lately and I just don’t understand it. It’s quicker to get back into the action by respawning and the repair costs are pretty minimal. Like some else said, if you log out your character should remain for a certain time.

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: FormulaX.8901

FormulaX.8901

other games do have a time-out period where if you do that, you can’t get back in for X minutes, so it’s a penalty for you and for your team, other games go as far as keeping a record of you doing stuff liek that, like as demerrit system

Brauhaus – Ranger
I put my traps on yo’ walls and outside yo’ doors.
FA- “We Love Puttin’ Our Wood in your Asspen”

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

How about this? Alt+ F4 in the downed state causes you to be randomly transferred to another server – cross-oceanic transfers entirely possible.

Or… upon re-entering the game after Alt+F4’ing, you are transformed into a flame ram for 10 minutes.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

When I am running around and start to get attacked by multiple enemies that have not rendered yet, I do ALT+F4. Saves me what few coins I got to my name.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Or… upon re-entering the game after Alt+F4’ing, you are transformed into a flame ram for 10 minutes.

^^ +1 – funny. Ingeniously funny, I hope anet at least considers it for a world event.
fyi to the above poster, whom said leave the character in game for 30 seconds, if the mechanic is the same mechanic used in pve it won’t fly. It’s have to be seperate and not sure it is something that could be easily done.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

If someone is so scared of me in wvw that they have to alt f4 as a last resort, I relish it.

Screw the badges, I just crit them so bad my [Sigil of Computer Crash] procced! The proc rate is über low but the effect is worth it.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The moment they alt-f4 they lost the fight. Chances of a badge dropping is slim anyways and now they need to load two zones to get back, lol on their loss.

~ AoN ~

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Raffie.7865

I’d rather load 2 zones (which always is no wait to get to WvW) then loose 2+ silver. LOL my gain.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Lol. 2 silver…

Kill a yak…

Kitten.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s not really a rage quit. We call it an Alt-f4, but isnt logging to character select the exact same? In terms of reload time, it’s very little extra time to go from character select to the first map, then load one more to WvW. The alternative is a single reload window from death, to WP.

I came across this greatsword, crit, iberserker mesmer in the SoR jpuzzle this morning, camping the top chest and stopping anyone from getting over there. I went in and killed him lickety split with some clone damage + temporal curtain, yanking him to a falling death. I then ran south to the redvale camp because I saw some crossed swords. Turns out my GS izerker mesmer friend was there, so I had at him again, got him down, and he quit out before death. Few minutes later he was back, so I beat him down again, and again he logged. Then, a few more minutes later, back he came again, and again I smashed him down and away he went again. This happened over and over. I don’t assume this guy was angry, or that he feared dying. I just think its an easy “escape” with absolutely no downside.

Anyway it got me thinking about what might be a good deterrent. Who knows how Anet feels about this sort of thing, frankly I feel they could do to be hard nosed on this sort of thing. Anyway, if you quit/Alt-f4/log out then all your gear breaks. It’s simple and adds a cost to the behaviour that should make it a deterrent.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

ALT-F4 is happening a lot now. The first time I really noticed it was 2 or 3 matches ago, one particular team had a lot of players doing it. I’d never really seen it before that match. Now I’m seeing it from every team we play. Seems like once one server starts doing it all the others say “What the hell, I will too”.

It’s a bad precedent that’s now become standard for kitten players.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

(edited by wombat.6123)

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Anyway it got me thinking about what might be a good deterrent. Who knows how Anet feels about this sort of thing, frankly I feel they could do to be hard nosed on this sort of thing. Anyway, if you quit/Alt-f4/log out then all your gear breaks. It’s simple and adds a cost to the behaviour that should make it a deterrent.

If under attack (Same code as prevents waypoint use is good enough.) a person whom loses connection should stay in the world for 30 seconds.

That’s a good deterrent.

If people start Alt F4ing before you even attack them then….at least they don’t waste your time.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

before i figured out how to deal with the sound bug, my game would crash all the time. a couple times, it happened when i was in the downed state. i was more upset about the time i’d lose while trying to get back through the loading screen and any potential queues than the paltry silver cost of the repair bill. i can’t understand the mindset of someone who would actively alt+f4 their way out.

there needs to be some kind of deterrent to it. broken gear, having to wait a long amount of time to get back in, a fat guy dressed as a clown hired to come to their door and boot them in the groin then honk a bicycle horn. whatever. i’d be fine with all 3. if there’s a way to determine that the person logged out/ used alt+f4 versus a legitimate crash, even better.

otherwise there’s the risk of what was going on on SWTOR. the instant a team took a lead, half (or more) of the other team would leave immediately. there wouldn’t be enough people left in the match and it would shut down, or new people would come in and have to deal with getting slaughtered because they had fewer people than the other team. (in fact, i designed a build to specifically make people ragequit, but that’s a story for another time )while WvW doesn’t particularly care about how many people are on each team, it still leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

there’s a reason no one likes a quitter. it’s terrible sportsmanship, and extremely petty. those who are afraid to lose just plain don’t deserve to win.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I’ll admit I did it once. Mostly because these 4 players chased me half way across the kitten map before finally catching up to me which made me rage. I felt crappy about it though.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Raffie.7865

If ArenaNet does not care about server xfers killing WvW, mezmer portals or thiefts with their this and that. What makes you think they are going to care about the ALT+F4 issue?
They got far more important things to look at.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

There is an elementalist on NSP server from Black Crescent guild (he wears a flame legion mask) will log everytime after he is downed. I have killed him ~10times and he has logged 9 of them.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: chtiyonki.6284

chtiyonki.6284

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Logout-timer-to-prevent-rage-quit-in-WvWvW/first#post737760

Soon, a QQ zerg…

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Necrolust.6358

Necrolust.6358

I more see it as me making the ultimate move, I removed them from the game altogether, slapped their ingame char so hard it reached the person behind the screen, it must sure hurt being defeated in more ways than one

Dissident Aggressors [DA] @ SFR

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

^ This. Sure, you don’t get the kill or the money, but you just proved that you (or your group) have scared a guy enough to make them leave a game (however temporarily).

You made him Alt-F4? Kudos to you.

Consequently, I tend to WP if I am alone and see 3 or more people over the horizon. Chances are they’ve seen me, and I’m not about to charge them.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Kalemar.4873

Kalemar.4873

^ This. Sure, you don’t get the kill or the money, but you just proved that you (or your group) have scared a guy enough to make them leave a game (however temporarily).

You made him Alt-F4? Kudos to you.

Consequently, I tend to WP if I am alone and see 3 or more people over the horizon. Chances are they’ve seen me, and I’m not about to charge them.

… and you are about to be hunted down like a dog. I know the feeling.

Kalemar (80 Guardian) [COTD]
Tarnished Coast

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Just recorded 2 from Yaks Bend ALT-F4ing on me in the middle of a fight, then one from TC almost immediately after. Wow, really getting out of hand.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I’d rather load 2 zones (which always is no wait to get to WvW) then loose 2+ silver. LOL my gain.

Two silver!? Where the hell do you repair that each damanged piece costs two silver!?

I dont get this QQ. The repairs arent that high, grab a gathering tool and see that <insert gathering node>? Go gather a bit every now and again, dont tell me you arealways 24/7 in intense and immediate action.

One node of Iron more then cover a death or two.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

1) Remove repairs from WvW
2) Remove gold rewards and replace it with a WvW currency for upgrades and siege equipment.

No one makes gold, no one loses gold.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

People who alt-f4 all the time should be banned from playing Wv3 if they constantly do it. Seriously, its not like its too hard to make the cash back that you spend on repairs!

I was on my lvl 14 Ele the other day and some thief and guardian jumped me as I was walking around for the map completion, I could have alt-f4 but it was pointless just for the sake of saving a few Silver, would have had to re-open the client and log back in and re-join the que etc!
Although they proceeded to stomp my corpse and dance on me and stuff… as if 2 OP classes killing a lvl 14 Ele in noob gear is really an accomplishment! Went back with my Mesmer and they ran off. Im sure they would have alt-f4’d if Id have taken them down though… some people are just like that!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

2) Remove gold rewards and replace it with a WvW currency for upgrades and siege equipment.

ANet loses $$$

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Never done in 1v1’s or even 1v5’s but when that 40+ man zerg cullings out of nowhere by golly ill deprive them of that badge.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

The thing is, they also exit the WvW zone.

When they log back in, they need to queue again, so really the loss is theirs.

Also, so much time wasted. Respawning and killing a mob to recover the repair costs is quicker.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

The thing is, they also exit the WvW zone.

When they log back in, they need to queue again, so really the loss is theirs.

Also, so much time wasted. Respawning and killing a mob to recover the repair costs is quicker.

Queue? T4 has no idea what this thing is that you’re talking about.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

ANet loses $$$

Can’t sell gems when you got no players.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

How about this? Alt+ F4 in the downed state causes you to be randomly transferred to another server – cross-oceanic transfers entirely possible.

Kudos. I like this lovely idea ^

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Wait…people actually do this?

That is so incredibly kitten I think I need to lie down for a moment.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Arenanet needs to hire a dedicated WvW Team with Experience. This alt+f4 thing is getting out of hand.

Spent the night fighting this ranger who every single time they get downed they alt+f4.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

Actualy Alt+F4 is the best thing to avoid thief to finish you when he is invisible, any other profesion can be countered in downed state but not invisible thief. Ah btw u can also Alt+F4 when u are low on healt, and if u do it in LA u most probably get res by another player

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

This must make the invisi rendering thieves so mad

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Actualy Alt+F4 is the best thing to avoid thief to finish you when he is invisible, any other profesion can be countered in downed state but not invisible thief. Ah btw u can also Alt+F4 when u are low on healt, and if u do it in LA u most probably get res by another player

How do you counter a mist form elementalist? Or a mesmer with distortion? Or engineer with their evade elixir? Or a warrior with endure pain?

I am not a fan of thieves either but Alt-f4ing is just being a poor sport.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

How do you counter a mist form elementalist? Or a mesmer with distortion? Or engineer with their evade elixir? Or a warrior with endure pain?

Ahh ok ill explain, allies can actualy see enemy and at least try to stop ele, mesmer, engineer or warr, but they can do nothink about invis thief wich is about to end you and they dont even know hes casting it because of invis. If they disable finishing move from stealth i would be happy and im not gona use it against thieves But anyway there could be a solution – 100% drop chance for badges if your oponent press alt F4. I believe both sides will be satisfied with that.

(edited by KiNgPiN.2075)

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

If a player uses a utility skill to stomp, that’s at their discretion and part of the game.

Alt+f4ing to escape being defeated is not part of the game.

Logout timer fixes this issue.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

You know what the difference is here?
Those other professions are on 1m+ recharges to use those.
The thief has numerous stealths on drastically shorter recharges and even some on initiative-based weapon skills.
Though all of those, and stability, should be broken on initiating a stomp anyway.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

The only time I do it is against thieves. It makes me drip with joy.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

In an old mmo I played, if someone did that, the next time they logged on they had a ‘chicken’ title for 10 minutes.

Alt -F4 FotM?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

isn’t Alt+F4 too long…? F8 ftw…lol

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK