"Alt-F4 is guerilla tactics"

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

If there were forums during the Revolutionary War, this is what the British would have sounded like when raging about Americans using guerrilla tactics and not facing them the ‘honorable’ way on an open field. War is dirty, and until this is fixed, expect it. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It’s extremely satisfying if you’ve run back over and over and over and over from spawn to whittle away at all their shiny siege without giving them any badges to buy more or having to pay a dime on repairs.

For real? That’s how you’re going to justify it? Guerilla tactics in a revolutionary war? That’s not what you’re doing at all. That’s just spitting on the memory of real historical suffering. Real guerilla fighters caught didn’t have the option of Alt-F4ing to return to their side of the war without any kind of harm. They died slowly and painfully of abuse, disease, and neglect.

This is a computer game, not a war for some cause, and there are rules. There were guerilla tactics in this game before people started stomping Alt-F4. Smart players knew to keep a lookout and how to get away. If you got a zerg to chase you down in the opposite direction halfway across the map, it was worth the silver you paid for repairs. Instead you’re justifying mindless zerging because instead of a collective loss of 50s each time the zerg wipes, there’s no penalty for it to respawn and run back.

It’s disappointing to discover that so many players lack the maturity and integrity to accept the penalties for dying in this game. It’s also detracting from everyone’s game experience – after all, you’re bound to be on the other end of it sometime.

Aren’t you ashamed that, instead of fixing issues that are actually pertinent, or introducing new features, you’re forcing the developers to waste time to address this, all because you can’t accept how the game works?

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Maturity, integrity, honor. I’ve been watching you ‘for the realm’ zergers pat yourselves on the back for about 10 years now, and it never ceases to amuse me.

You are awful players who get destroyed any time you don’t have a massive numerical advantage, unless of course you’re fighting other awful zergers. There’s no honor in what you do. You aren’t some great general fighting to save his lands. You’re just a bad who happens to be a little more into the roleplaying aspect of MMORPGs than most.

If I end up in a situation where your numbers are able to overcome my skill, then I have absolutely no problem using my last recourse to deny you a kill that you most certainly don’t deserve. If that’s a problem, where’s the statement from Anet saying they consider it an exploit and want it to stop? As far as I know, Anet has never said a word about their stance on it.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

If I end up in a situation where your numbers are able to overcome my skill, then I have absolutely no problem using my last recourse to deny you a kill that you most certainly don’t deserve.

Why don’t they deserve the kill?

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Because everyone knows that if you are moving in a group and you catch a lone straggler, you have to send one guy to duel with him one on one to show SKILL. If you instead do the obvious thing and kill the straggler before moving on then the entire group has no SKILL and the straggler is entitled to do whatever he sees fit.

Or, you know, some people just can’t take deaths very well.

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

Maturity, integrity, honor. I’ve been watching you ‘for the realm’ zergers pat yourselves on the back for about 10 years now, and it never ceases to amuse me.

You are awful players who get destroyed any time you don’t have a massive numerical advantage, unless of course you’re fighting other awful zergers. There’s no honor in what you do. You aren’t some great general fighting to save his lands. You’re just a bad who happens to be a little more into the roleplaying aspect of MMORPGs than most.

If I end up in a situation where your numbers are able to overcome my skill, then I have absolutely no problem using my last recourse to deny you a kill that you most certainly don’t deserve. If that’s a problem, where’s the statement from Anet saying they consider it an exploit and want it to stop? As far as I know, Anet has never said a word about their stance on it.

Then you are playing the wrong game.

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

*bookmarks this thread*

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

So you are trying to say that ALT F4 was put in the game so you can deny people kills? LOLL OLOLOLOLOL

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Until it’s removed or something is done to equalize the downed state, I’ll keep using it, and I don’t really care. It’s just plain laughable how bad the engi’s are.

I don’t play like coward that is always tip toeing around backline of a skirmish ready to head for the hills when it looks like a fair fight. I stay and defend camps / towers if they are remotely defensible, again, fully committed to the fight and not ready to hop off the back of the lord room or standing there naked.

To me, all the incentives not to die and play extremely defensively all the time are a way bigger problem than alt f4. That’s not an argument for running around like an idiot all the time charging in, but there are times when players are needed that will grow a pair.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeremy Winston.2165

Jeremy Winston.2165

So you are trying to say that ALT F4 was put in the game so you can deny people kills? LOLL OLOLOLOLOL

Yeah.. check the tool-tip.

First to die!

If I beat you, you might want to consider changing games.

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Go ahead and keep using the alt+f4 as long as it’s possible. But trying to justify it by some ridiculous ways makes me chuckle.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Aiyumu.3542

Aiyumu.3542

kitten, hypocrisy, cowardice. I’ve been watching you ‘for the realm’ zergers pat yourselves on the back for about 10 years now, and it never ceases to amuse me.
If I end up in a situation where your numbers are able to overcome my skill, then I have absolutely no problem using my last recourse to deny you a kill that you most certainly don’t deserve. If that’s a problem, where’s the statement from Anet saying they consider it an exploit and want it to stop? As far as I know, Anet has never said a word about their stance on it..

I fixed it for you Thanks for the funny post.

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Until it’s removed or something is done to equalize the downed state, I’ll keep using it, and I don’t really care. It’s just plain laughable how bad the engi’s are.

I don’t play like coward that is always tip toeing around backline of a skirmish ready to head for the hills when it looks like a fair fight. I stay and defend camps / towers if they are remotely defensible, again, fully committed to the fight and not ready to hop off the back of the lord room or standing there naked.

To me, all the incentives not to die and play extremely defensively all the time are a way bigger problem than alt f4. That’s not an argument for running around like an idiot all the time charging in, but there are times when players are needed that will grow a pair.

You need do the same and accept the fact you died.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

If I end up in a situation where your numbers are able to overcome my skill, then I have absolutely no problem using my last recourse to deny you a kill that you most certainly don’t deserve. If that’s a problem, where’s the statement from Anet saying they consider it an exploit and want it to stop? As far as I know, Anet h as never said a word about their stance on it.

-This is WvW. There are going to be numbers of all sizes running around. If you get caught alone by numbers, it’s your fault.

-Just because you Alt+f4 for a numbers reason doesn’t mean other quitters do it for the same reason. Bad players have alt+f4ed in any situation they can, whether it’s against a zerg, small skrimishing group, or 1v1.

-Anet has stated they are looking this in other similar threads before closing them (since this topic has been brought uo many times). So you should get used to dying without an easy way out.

-If you think quitting the game and denying a kill is justified because you say other players are bad, you should really look into what you’re actually doing when you ragequit.

(edited by Cirax.9231)

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

It is faster to be killed than to Alt+F4 and have to relog into the game then rejoin Wv3. If your purpose is to rush a siege or whatever, you’d still do a more efficient job of it by respawning normally. All you’re doing with Alt+F4 is adding steps to your res and giving you the opportunity to admire the loading screens a little more while smugly smirking to yourself over the amount of consternation you imagine must have been inspired in your would-be killers. Except in my experience no one really cares. You may give them pause for a few seconds, but they’re still playing the game, and you are quickly forgotten or dismissed no matter how many times you do it. But in the end you’re the one sufferring from the action the most, which is generally how passive-aggressive responses turn out.

From a practical standpoint the action is not worth it, as the loot chance in bags in no way offsets the extra actions wasted on what is essentially petty and misguided revenge.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Except in my experience no one really cares.

This is true.

smash, slash, hack, stab…
Player 1: Where’d he go?
Player 2: Must have combat logged.
Player 1: What a dork.

both players run off to continue fighting

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

1. Who cares why logging out is available? Doesn’t matter if it’s intended, it’s still there. Plenty of things that aren’t intended become an accepted part of the game.

2 Again, I don’t know why you people seem to think it takes so long to get back in. You don’t alt f4, I have no idea where that came from. You pop to character select, load back in, then go to wvw. It doesn’t take long at all. Probably about the same time as it takes the people you left in the middle of nowhere to get to where they were going.

3 If Anet has said this is something they want to stop so many times, link? Surely you can find at least one.

4 You guys don’t care? Really? Is that why you all are writing paragraphs in every thread about this topic? You’re doing a poor job of showing how little you care.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jackard.3071

Jackard.3071

/me alt-F4s from this thread