Alt F4ing to Deny Stomp Points

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Intended? Probably not. Foreseeable? Definitely.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

lol, no.

Most servers out there play with a queue.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

lol, no.

What?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They die when the log back in… does rob players of a bag though.

Nope… that only happens on a very small minority of servers. Mid-pack and lower servers rarely queue a map and almost never queue all the maps.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

lol, no.

Huh???

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownScoundrel.9168

UnknownScoundrel.9168

I’ve gotten bags/XP from players that ALT-F4’d…

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

You can go at least as high as Dragonbrand on the NA leaderboard without experiencing WvW map queue outside of the first hours of match reset.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

so you are going to make it take longer for you to get back into a fight by denying the enemy 1-3 points?

lolol.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

I’ve gotten bags/XP from players that ALT-F4’d…

You will still get the kill, but not the down is what he is saying.

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

They die when the log back in… does rob players of a bag though.

Nope… that only happens on a very small minority of servers. Mid-pack and lower servers rarely queue a map and almost never queue all the maps.

Nope if a person is put in combat with another person and then Alt+F4’s then it gets counted as a kill and you receive loot for it. They changed this a few months ago.

Teelie l VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Yeah, it would be a silly thing to do: to ALT-F4 for these reasons.

I wouldn’t even worry about it if it happens. I’d laugh at the one that did it, and move on. It’s not going to make me upset, it’s going to make me laugh at how upset that person was.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownScoundrel.9168

UnknownScoundrel.9168

Besides, someone ALT-F4ing is called RAGELOGGING. It’s funny. It’s along the same vein as a player killing themselves by running off a cliff in a panic.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

Besides, someone ALT-F4ing is called RAGELOGGING. It’s funny. It’s along the same vein as a player killing themselves by running off a cliff in a panic.

Most players that run off the cliff are trying to save money on repair costs in my experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^

but it is still funny.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Kinshiro.1472

Kinshiro.1472

“Alt F4ing to Deny Stomp Points” -Lmao.. you sir are a genius!

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

lol, no.

Huh???

This kinda made my day!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

They fixed this months ago, players get kill points if their enemy alt+f4s out in the middle of a fight or when they’re downed.

/thread

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Alt F4 wastes to much time. If I die i’ll just die.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

They fixed this months ago, players get kill points if their enemy alt+f4s out in the middle of a fight or when they’re downed.

/thread

Well, the point of the thread is that you won’t get points for stomping them from the bloodlust buff if they do this…

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Alt F4 is fun… you should try it sometime.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Alt-F4 to deny stomp points or Alt-F4 coz you got owned by an uplevel?

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

/thread

Well, the point of the thread is that you won’t get points for stomping them from the bloodlust buff if they do this…

Correct. I’m well aware they fixed the issue with not getting kill credit and loot for Alt F4ing. The point of the thread is Alt F4ing now lets players grief by denying Bloodlust in the Borderland stomp points.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

the way i look at it, if people want to alt f4, that’s fine. i don’t have to worry about screwing around with the stomp mechanic, or them rallying off a moa. the massive 0-3 points they’re saving are a pittance compared to what they’re sacrificing. let idiots be idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I think what the OP meant was ALT F4 will deny the 3 points on stomp if the person stomping has 3 buffs. He or she will still get credit for the kill but not the the 3 points for the server.

However I think the server will still get the 3 points in that scenario.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

So this is what the game become… the other team alt f4 and u cant stomp so i do the same…
I got a fast pc and im getting bored… i dont know those who have slow pc but its madness… game breaking stomps to get points = fail

(edited by kefro.9312)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I suppose there wil always be that player who has an alt account who’ll get his alt to wvw and just be stomped by his original team.

But that might be more of a hard work and less fun than taking stuff or purely killing each other through raids.

And some don’t really care about ppt. I mean, it’s like a badge of honor to laugh at a guy who alt f4 prior to this stomp thing, now i’d be a server pride. Ahaha

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

If you ALT+F4 when being attacked or stomped, does enemy get credit?

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Newsflash: ALT+F4 when you’re downed in WvW doesn’t save you from a stomp. LOL The enemy gets the kill and a loot bag and you get damage on your gear. I suppose what hasn’t been confirmed is if ALT+F4 doesn’t give the enemy server the points when you aren’t stomped but IMO taking PPT too seriously. It’s not worth it.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

got to accept that in wvw, dying is normal and it’s okay. :p

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

kefro.9312

You will give xp and a bag but enemy wont get the points. Its worth it because blackgate can pull ahead by doing that even when they got like 200 ppt less. So its worth it

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Why are you wasting your time alt-F4’ing?

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Just a word of caution though, you might destroy our client if you alt f4 to much. ;/

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

kefro.9312

Because im a rebel

in WvW

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

if a player disconnects in combat, it should count as a stomp. there, problem solved. if you can’t waypoint out while in combat, you shouldn’t be allowed to safely disconnect mid combat with no punishment.

yesterday i got like, 4 people in a matter of an hour all doing the same trick to avoid getting stomped.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in WvW

BrunoBRS.5178

Newsflash: ALT+F4 when you’re downed in WvW doesn’t save you from a stomp. LOL The enemy gets the kill and a loot bag and you get damage on your gear. I suppose what hasn’t been confirmed is if ALT+F4 doesn’t give the enemy server the points when you aren’t stomped but IMO taking PPT too seriously. It’s not worth it.

false, at least as of yesterday. had downed people alt+F4ing on me, and not getting any exp, WXP, loot, or points.

in WvW

nyaonyao.8402

I don’t know what the queues are like in T1 but you’re going to sacrifice your spot on the map for 3 points?

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I had someone alt f4 when I didn’t even have the bloodlust buff on. If they want to waste their time, who cares? 21/24 servers do not care about the score.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

yes, alt f4’ing to avoid giving the other server points, GENIUS!!!!

now just gotta get a whole zerg to alt f4 after they wipe and give the other server around 2-3mins to do whatever they want, because that 1 point they denied per player was worth it.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

kefro.9312

I can alt f4 log in and join wvwvw in like 15seconds

in WvW

nyaonyao.8402

false, at least as of yesterday. had downed people alt+F4ing on me, and not getting any exp, WXP, loot, or points.

If that’s case then it’s a bug. It’s not ‘false’ because that is how it’s supposed to be.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/ComingTo-WvW-on-12-14-renamed/965551

in WvW

BrunoBRS.5178

If that’s case then it’s a bug. It’s not ‘false’ because that is how it’s supposed to be.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/ComingTo-WvW-on-12-14-renamed/965551

well i’m 100% sure that people i’ve downed and QQ’d did not give me exp.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I can alt f4 log in and join wvwvw in like 15seconds

u said u was in t1 right? they have ques on primetime i believe

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I can alt f4 log in and join wvwvw Queensdale in like 15seconds then sit in 4 hour queue

in WvW

Posted by: Burntb.7392

Burntb.7392

I believe the alt+f4 death penalty code is on-line but unreliable.

I don’t alt+f4 to avoid being stomped but a while back I was having serious crashing problems (clean re-installed to fix). Most crashes involved combat, then a frozen screen with a distorted sound effect endlessly screaming. Alt+f4 or Task Manager was the only way out.

With less than half of the crashes I re-logged dead with death penalty damage. So, it seems to me that after most crashes I should have been stomped but in fact I had avoided being stomped more than 50% of the time.

To those that should have earned a stomp, I’m sorry.

Eredon Terrace is my Home!

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Are you sure they didn’t queue for a different map?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

Who cares if there is a queue or not and how fast he can come back in the game. What he is doing is called an EXPLOIT. It doesn’t matter if other people did it before him, this is totally wrong and would justify a ban. What is this mentality of “Other people are cheating so that makes me right to cheat as well” … Seriously …

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Holy crap we’re upto exploit on this now?

What happend to just being a sore loser? I mean for godsake Thieves and Warriors simply turn tail and run away when they are facing certain defeat all the time. Even at low health, kitten all you can do to stop them.
Them running away is your “win”. And you dont even get rewarded at all for that, but you people are kittening about someone alt-F4’ing.

So you dont get the point if you got the buff. Who cares, you still get loot and wxp. PPT is all down to coverage anyway, the server with more numbers around the clock wins anyway no matter what.
If you are up against that server stomping makes no diffirence, if you are fighting a server like that stomping makes no diffirence.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Alt F4 comin’ back in style!

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

well i’m 100% sure that people i’ve downed and QQ’d did not give me exp.

You guys should open your eyes. Did you ever have a queue pop while in a fight? Did you click the button to go to other BL? Did it damage your gear as it normally would? Lemme help you: No. There’s your answer. If they leave the bl via this way, they avoid giving you reward or taking armor damage.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

kefro.9312

Stomping > ppt
Blackgate proved that by having 200 less ppt than the other servers for several hours and still pulled ahead so Alt F4 is actualy a good way to win.
They do that so why we cant?
The problem is in the system and this new mechanic… Players just alt f4 or use everything to get dead before the stomp. Elementalist just use the smoke form and suicide from a cliff or get in the water…

This system makes wvwvw look like a broken game, they destroyed the wvwvw with this capture the points fetishism to force spvp style on borderland maps…

At least make the points by killing ppl without stomp also so ppl wont alt f4 all the time

(edited by kefro.9312)