Amazing looking places.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Thanks Anet for creating these amazing looking places to fight at! My personal favorite is the high altitude spot where you can kick off ppl ( I have killed 4 ppl there already!) while changing my warrior skills to kick and rampage.

The graphics of these spots are really great, especially the forrest are.. it feels so lush and alive.

I have more to explore there, and I think I have to make a new thief for all of these spots

Buff is nice too, you want to finish someone more then before! Ignore these GvG weirdoes :P cause this is a great patch for WvW.

Everyone can +1 this post!

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Poor patch for WvW and even worse for GvG. Bloodlust stacks is a horrible feature, period.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: tuxedo.8406

tuxedo.8406

Map is nice, buff is HORRIBLE.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Aphix and tuxedo, you do realize you are playing WvW right?

GvG is something what bad Spvp players created. Please MOD, I don’t want to call you out but these guys only troll on every positive post I make.

I really want to thank Anet guys for creating this, it is awesome.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

GvG is something what bad Spvp players created.

I don’t even know what to say to that LOL.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: tuxedo.8406

tuxedo.8406

GvG is something what bad Spvp players created. Please MOD, I don’t want to call you out but these guys only troll on every positive post I make.

I am actually serious about my post. I think the maps are nice, but buffs are horrible. The guild i play in is a GvG guild that has many players in the TOP 100 Leaderboard in EU and NA. So your post about GvG being something bad sPvP players created is bs.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Well….thing is…GvG is kind of a carry over from GW1. You know Guild Wars. GvG is something Anet came up with then abandoned in the transition

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Rosy.5194

Rosy.5194

Well….. I sort of agree with OP. The new map areas are pretty to look at. However, they don’t make a lot of coherent sense. Most of the other ruin-y places across the world look like you’d expect ruins to look like. The new stuff, though, looks more like some kid upended their Lego box on the floor. Stuff is all pretty, it just doesn’t connect well.

Rosy Dawn – [CNB]

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

I smell a troll.

#freehabib2013

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

On a serious note: is there a way to turn the stupid mist off in wvw? It’s making it feel to much like Spvp…

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Well….. I sort of agree with OP. The new map areas are pretty to look at. However, they don’t make a lot of coherent sense. Most of the other ruin-y places across the world look like you’d expect ruins to look like. The new stuff, though, looks more like some kid upended their Lego box on the floor. Stuff is all pretty, it just doesn’t connect well.

I rather agree, that while the terrains are nice looking in ways, they really don’t fit the map, and seem like they were just ‘dumped’ in there in the way of an amusement park, or like the totally contrived sections of the Queen’s Pavillion.

There are suddenly just these big walls and plateau’s rising up out of the ground then a lush forest a few hundred yards away but tightly contained. Obviously they want some variety and interesting fight locations, but I think it could have been tamed down or to flow together a bit more, so it didn’t look quite so much like entirely separate and different conquest mode maps all dropped in next to each other.

Many didn’t like the big lake in the middle of the map, and I would agree there was room to improve upon removing it, but at least the old map did somewhat resemble a believable stretch of natural terrain or nature. Now that controversial mmo word, immersion, is very much upended by somewhat stage prop areas.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I rather agree, that while the terrains are nice looking in ways, they really don’t fit the map, and seem like they were just ‘dumped’ in there in the way of an amusement park, or like the totally contrived sections of the Queen’s Pavillion.

There are suddenly just these big walls and plateau’s rising up out of the ground then a lush forest a few hundred yards away but tightly contained. Obviously they want some variety and interesting fight locations, but I think it could have been tamed down or to flow together a bit more, so it didn’t look quite so much like entirely separate and different conquest mode maps all dropped in next to each other.

Personally, I really liked the lake in the middle. It gave a sense of bigness that you could see the entire horizon, uninterrupted. Now there’s rocks in the way, everywhere you look. Rocks, rocks, rocks. It feels so small and closed off.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

It looks like someone threw smaller maps into the BL really hard, splashed out all the water, and ruined some unfortunate city.

Pretty though.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Never had an issue with the art and sound team. Everything else though? Hmm.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Just remember WvW is in the mist. So it is possible a chuck of a city just fell from the sky into the borderlands or something. But if you’re talking about realistic settings. Who builds a castle within siege distance of enemy keeps? hmmm…?

Anyways the redesign is a lot of fun to play around.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

On a serious note: is there a way to turn the stupid mist off in wvw? It’s making it feel to much like Spvp…

You realize lore wise it all happens in the same area? Not on the same field mind but your in the mists the entire time.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

They look amazing indeed , it was worth the wait and the stat buff is really cool aswell.

play hard , go pro.

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

You realize how big of a troll you are ? I can’t take you seriously after seeing what sorta kitten you type in map chat all day and now the forums, you seriously got some issues.

Why do you get on the GvG subject anyway ? GvG is something created by skilled and competitive minds unlike yours and it’s over now so no point argueing about it. WvW is awful with bloodlust, I don’t want 3 stacks while I wipe another guild or 1v1 another player while roaming, I’m sure you need every bit of stat advantage to compensate your lack of skill, but some people don’t want that.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

Amazing looking places.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I queued for almost an hour last night (Piken Square) and then the queue finally popped in middle of Tequatl fight. FML.

Will try again tonight. Both of them.

One – Piken Square