Ambiguous Polls

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

First, I’ll just point out that I entirely understand that the point of a poll is to quickly and easily capture the feelings of most of the WvW community, and I thank you for that.

However, could we get more carefully constructed polls? Consider the following: “The changes still need work or should be removed entirely.”

That’s such a broad range of options and they potentially accompany entirely different opinions. Consider someone who wants the reward tracks entirely removed. They vote for this option. Consider someone else who thinks that they still need a lot of work. They vote for this, but they don’t want the reward tracks entirely removed. Consider someone else who is happy with the current iteration of reward tracks, but wants the reward tracks to be expanded dramatically before they become permanent. They would also vote for this option.

Having too many options for a poll is not a great idea, but the way the poll is currently worded might encourage people to vote for the “yes, things with reward tracks are great, please keep them” rather than risk the misinterpretation of a vote for the contrary option. A vote to improve reward tracks before they become permanent would be lumped with and potentially misinterpreted as a vote to eliminate reward tracks.

I’m not entirely sure what I’m asking for here, but perhaps better worded polls in the future? Maybe employ some sad sap with an English degree to review this kind of thing before releasing them. I don’t know… Just feels like any vote for something other than acceptance of the current reward tracks could become a vote against improvement…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The way I understand it, they are using polls to ask players what we want them work on. First we get polled on a broad subject like scoring or qol, but then we will get polled on specifics so they can focus on what we find more important.

This is from a post in another thread

Scoring has won! The WvW team will be releasing another poll soon so everyone can vote on what scoring project they want us to work on next.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-04-28/page/4

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I dunno, even if I had more options:

• WvW reward tracks are fine already
  • WvW reward tracks need more work
  • WvW reward tracks should be removed
  • WvW reward tracks should be reworked to award different kind of rewards and/or participation should be reworked to consider some other ways to fill reward track

I would still vote for 1. They are fine. I get plenty rewards. No need to tinker with them anymore.

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

The danger is that, even for ‘good’ things, the majority would probably vote for “Ok, but needs more work” and probably always would! The game is never ‘finished’. So if the team are really using this to set short term priorities (and I don’t doubt they are) they could be stuck reworking the same stuff forever!

Really I think what they are saying is “are you basically happy with this”, “can we move on to the other things that bother you” and, although nothing is perfect, I think the clear response (for once!) is “yes”.

Now, once they have fixed the scoring, I think it would make sense to try and make the rewards and the scoring align, but that’s for another day.

Piken Square

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

My only issue is that they take 5x longer to fill up than PvP ones. I was sad to see 75% of people thought they were good ‘as is’.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I have to agree, I personally think there needs to be some minor tweaks with the reward tracks but otherwise are good. Poor form bundling it with the scrap it option ANet.

Also why do we need a show me the results option?

Ambiguous Polls

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

My only issue is that they take 5x longer to fill up than PvP ones. I was sad to see 75% of people thought they were good ‘as is’.

The poll made it sound like either it stays or gets removed completely and back to a state of no extra loot.