American players in EU servers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Avalon.4809

Avalon.4809

Ok, I will tell about a huge problem we encountered in my server last week.
I’m not talking here about EU time zones, I don’t care about it, there is not big difference in EU times. What I’m tired about is having American and south American players in EU servers. This is a really big problem and most people in my server are really sad about this. I don’t accept the answer “we can’t do anything about time zones”, sorry. Many people changed server last week and many people including me stopped playing WvW last week just because of this reason. I don’t wanna change my server because of this, i like my server, but the situation in WvW is really boring at the moment.

I play in Gandara EU server. Last week, we had spanish Baruch Bay server as our opponent. Well, I and almost every person in Gandara are sure that not only Spanish people play in Baruch Bay but also Latin Americans play in that server. It is nopoint to fight for victory against them since they have huge amount of players all night and all day long. We were heavily overmanned, and that really ruined the fun i was taking from the game and stopped playing WvW like many in my server.

One big problem at having transoceanic players is ping problem. This again ruins all the fun, because many like me had 10 fps last week. However this is not the case this week since we don’t have Baruch Bay as opponent. We have better fps this week, how about that?

I’m not talking about night cappers here, donot misunderstand me. I’m talking about being heavily overmanned all night and all day long. Please ArenaNet but please don’t let American players play WvW in EU servers. I’m sure that there is the same problem in American servers too. Donot let transoceanic players play WvW in over ocean servers.

I don’t want to stop WvW from week to week, or change my server because i like my guild and server.

One other thing i wanna mention is I don’t like this ranking system at all. Ranking system should not work according to the points. It should work according to the amount of online players each server has. Current ranking system is so basic and not working.

(edited by Avalon.4809)

in WvW

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Where do propose Aussies go? They are kinda out on an island by themselves. The population imbalance has nothing to do with where people come from and everything to do with people wanting to be on the winning team. Restricting people due to where they live will not fix a thing. Ending free transfers will, but that is just my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Dragin.4520

Dragin.4520

seems to be the same thing on every server guilds will now just jump from server to server now to be on the better one. but that just ruins the fun for other people who now have way less people then that SO over populated server in wvw. we little servers get screwed and then you’ll see alot less people even bothering doing anything about it.

Dragonbrand
Dragin Wind ranger of Duel

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio.3821

Scorpio.3821

Americans complain about EU/Oceanic players on their servers also, so this issue has come up numerous times since the games release. I believe ANET once commented that they will not change this in the future.

Legate of the Legion.

in WvW

Posted by: Valador.3461

Valador.3461

I’m an American stationed in Germany with the US Army. I play on Euro servers due to the time zone issue.

When I lived in the states I played with Europeans and never complained. Was actually nice to have people online when I played late nights.

Anyways, I think what I’m getting at is just deal with it and if it’s that big of an issue, change servers?

in WvW

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I’m an American stationed in Germany with the US Army. I play on Euro servers due to the time zone issue.

When I lived in the states I played with Europeans and never complained. Was actually nice to have people online when I played late nights.

Anyways, I think what I’m getting at is just deal with it and if it’s that big of an issue, change servers?

But he said he didn’t want to change servers as he likes both his server and guild.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I play on an US Server and live in Germany. I played many games before where things like that are totally normal or where you don’t have servers for every continent.

I really like it because of having no problems to find a group when you don’t work 9-5.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: vodnik.5891

vodnik.5891

I think this will be fixed when ANet starts charging for server transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

WvW is supposed to be 24/7 competition. There is nothing wrong with ‘night capping’ or anything like that. Honestly if you were a Latin American with limited English skills would you a) Join a NA server where people speak English incorrectly or b) Join a server where people speak your language?

B.

The only thing that could be called an issue is population imbalance scoring. They need to figure out a weighting system whereby having X% higher population average over the 15 minute gap between scoring reduces your score potential. That way having twice the population at X o’clock and having Y% of the map owned will not simply = total domination of the scoreboard. Couldn’t figure out fair numbers to assign to this idea though.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

We have UK and EU players on US servers too, and Asian, Latin and Oceanic. The difference is, we welcome them on our servers.

in WvW

Posted by: radekas.6521

radekas.6521

People should deal with it already.

Raddeh – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

The outmanned problem has barely anything to do with Baruch Bay’s latin Americans. It’s the Gandaran mindset of, oh we’re losing, lets go PvE all week. Now if that’s your choice so be it. Me and my guildies, we just jump in and open our cans of butt kicking all week, winning, losing or night capping and we would encourage all of Gandara to do the same. Get over the rank and just play for some fun.

On a side not the only thing I hate about BB is their camping of the puzzle, its annoying… but we got them back for that >=D

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I don’t like to resort to hyperbole, but if ANet doesn’t do anything about it WvW will be dead for Europeans within a year.
This isn’t about night capping. It’s about day capping (for them) by people from a vastly different time zone concentrating on select few servers. If they were at least spread out on all servers somewhat equally and they would duke it out between themselves when most Europeans are sleeping.

Also there aren’t really official US servers – they are more intended to be international, because ANet fully realizes the large playerbase they have in Asia and Oz, while the EU ones are supposed to be dedicated to the European continent. Alas, that is not happening.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in WvW

Posted by: Avalon.4809

Avalon.4809

People should deal with it already.

Sorry, but people won’t deal with it. You can’t enforce anyone to accept the current situation. I’m not talking about losing or winning here. I’m talking about getting heavily outmanned. Sorry, but that’s not fun for me and for many who think like me. As long as the current situation exists, people will keep changing their servers.

(edited by Avalon.4809)

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

This is supposed to be a good thing. >.> People WANT NA / Oceanic guilds to move to their timezone so someone can cover their non-peak hours.

Recruit an NA / Oceanic guild to your server. Lots of them would want to move I think.

In our case, an EU guild moved to our server. That way we are almost 24/7, and we are happy about it.

You are looking at it in the wrong way. It is not the problem, it is the solution.

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”

in WvW

Posted by: Maharius.4651

Maharius.4651

In reality what is happening is the servers with a better 24/7 coverage are moving up to the top of the ladders. So what is the problem here? That you lost? Baruch Bay lost to Kodash last week, point me in the direction of the large german speaking population outside of the EU timezone. As Eisenhart has said above, your taking coverage as a problem, rather than looking to it as the solution.

Our alliance moved over to a US server and were welcomed with open arms by their communities. There is little to no difference felt playing on the US servers over the EU ones. What needs to occur is a steady sharing of guilds/population from EU and US servers to ensure that there is better competition on both sides of the pond. There are now at least 4 US servers with 24/7 coverage and some great fights.

However that means people need to be open and accepting to the idea of transfers, but if the OP’s thoughts and feelings are representative of large proportions the EU server populations then we are boned. ANet have said its 24/7, the sooner people such as yourself accept this, the better it will be for all involved.

in WvW

Posted by: lunartic.3647

lunartic.3647

This is supposed to be a good thing. >.> People WANT NA / Oceanic guilds to move to their timezone so someone can cover their non-peak hours.

^This

in WvW

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

Basically same thing was going on on Arborstone [FR] with canadians and people called us crazy…

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Maybe Anet should just remove all region designations like they did with gw1. The only problem is that there are servers dedicated to certain languages like French and German. I’m not sure how that would be handled.

in WvW

Posted by: Elkantar.9460

Elkantar.9460

Merge those Servers, just Internation Servers and anything is fine…

I dont have problems with nightcapping or US Guilds who cant play on their servers and get stomped so they flee to Europe servers. Also not when they are actually proud or think they are good.

For me A-Net needs to improve WvW on many things, especially against Exploits/Hacks, and that they should do faster then now. Even reportet Hackers sometimes are around for a couple of days even when they got 1000+ tickets who report them.

Charakter: Kindron
Server: Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

I have a good idea! Stop Complaining to the fact.

About EU players complaining about Americans in their servers, all I have to say is Shame on you! I have family in Europe as well as in the United States. Should I tell those I know who live in the United States but are First and Second Generation to not play in European servers?

ArenaNet is a NA company and NCSoft is a South Korean Company. The fact Europeans have servers all for themselves considering what normally happens in these online games really is a Godsend in your direction.

Turning around and telling the other sides of the world to “Please do not allow non-Europeans in our games” reminds me of the Japanese Parallel of trying to be rid of foreigners and resorting to their classic “Warning: This product is for use in Japan-Only, Software will now close” messages I run across in some of their games.

The way things truly are right now is that there is a 24 hour period. Covering those 24 hour periods in WvW is what makes for a Tier-1 server. Have all the 24 hour coverage and you get the points, simple as that.

If foreigners were not allowed, there will still be players who will be willing to create night guilds and cap everything and the servers will completely become about who caps at night, rather than those who flip in the day.

In short, it doesn’t solve the problem but would generate a new one if foreigners were pushed out.

I play in American Servers and the one reason I do not play in European servers is because after playing Online Japanese games for several years, I wanted to play in a game where I could get low ping again and also play with my kind without having to be reminded by local populations every second of every day that I am in a foreign server.

Since then I’ve been happy. Long Live Guild Wars 2. There is a reason why we call them MMORPGs!

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

“ArenaNet is a NA company and NCSoft is a South Korean Company. The fact Europeans have servers all for themselves considering what normally happens in these online games really is a Godsend in your direction”

Yeah no other mmorpg has european servers……and there are more european then us servers, so probaly the playerbase is bigger in europa then in the usa (considering asians/oceanics are playing on us servers and there are still more europe servers)
but sure, we should be thankful that we get our own servers. The reason is of course because Arenanet likes us in europe so much and not the money they get from us…

“The way things truly are right now is that there is a 24 hour period. Covering those 24 hour periods in WvW is what makes for a Tier-1 server. Have all the 24 hour coverage and you get the points, simple as that.”

The difference is, the tier 1 servers organize it themselves to be competive during nighttime. There is no significant number of french speaking canadians on vizuna or arborstone and elone reach as a german server has no overseas help, because all german speaking countries are in the same timezone. About half of the european servers are either french or german and they have no possibility to recruit american guilds. So guilds like Ruin are destroying the european brackets for half of the european servers, because they coulnd’t compete on their own servers and transfered to europe to fight against gates.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

(edited by Scryar.2954)

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

And Germans don’t speak English?

in WvW

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

There is a HUGE issue with the difference in time zones!

Reset for US is 5pm Friday. Prime time for US players.

Reset for EU is 1am Saturday. Prime time for US players, when most EU is asleep.

EU servers wake up to start a new match already too far behind ( the eight ball) to have any chance of catching up. Week after week after week.

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Inu Hatsu.6729

Inu Hatsu.6729

I happen to be an American on the EU server Desolation, and for me the thing I see is that other servers are just crying because we came to a server other than your server. Now I know you may feel its unfair at the moment but for me it is a tactic. Not only do I get to win on the WvW server I also get to meet people from other countries and learn new stuff from the people there. So not only is it a tactic it’s also a learning experience. But honestly maybe your server is just lazy…

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

“ArenaNet is a NA company and NCSoft is a South Korean Company. The fact Europeans have servers all for themselves considering what normally happens in these online games really is a Godsend in your direction”

Yeah no other mmorpg has european servers……and there are more european then us servers, so probaly the playerbase is bigger in europa then in the usa (considering asians/oceanics are playing on us servers and there are still more europe servers)
but sure, we should be thankful that we get our own servers. The reason is of course because Arenanet likes us in europe so much and not the money they get from us…

“The way things truly are right now is that there is a 24 hour period. Covering those 24 hour periods in WvW is what makes for a Tier-1 server. Have all the 24 hour coverage and you get the points, simple as that.”

The difference is, the tier 1 servers organize it themselves to be competive during nighttime. There is no significant number of french speaking canadians on vizuna or arborstone and elone reach as a german server has no overseas help, because all german speaking countries are in the same timezone. About half of the european servers are either french or german and they have no possibility to recruit american guilds. So guilds like Ruin are destroying the european brackets for half of the european servers, because they coulnd’t compete on their own servers and transfered to europe to fight against gates.

I think one of the reasons there are more EU servers than NA is due to the multiple languages. Personally I wish all the Servers were on one list and competed in WvW regardless. I heard the EU servers were housed on the east coast of the US anyways. So why don’t we just all play each other?

in WvW

Scryar.2954

@gebrechen

So you want to force 13 ger/fr/esp servers to speak english just because some american players dont want to play on one of their 24 us servers and favor some pve vs gates action while the europeans sleep?

WvsW smallscale & tpvp

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Actually, I can name at least a couple of MMOs that have European servers too. Besides the point though.

As someone living in the UK and playing on an NA server, I’m completely against the idea of region locking, etc. What, are you going to tell me that I can’t play with the guild I’ve been with for seven years on and off? Or vice versa, if they’d chosen an EU server to play on? Sure, there’s issues in terms of time and they should at least look to making being outmanned less of a death by zerg sentence or at least make it much harder to PvDoor in quieter hours. But, that doesn’t get solved by locking players out – you still have players within those regions that will be working nights, are students, etc. and play at odd hours anyway.

What might’ve been sensible would’ve been for ANet to consider that there are large French and Spanish-speaking communities outside of Europe and to have added on a server for each with the “NA” group (which in fairness, is more like RoW). In all honesty though, the idea that there shouldn’t be any region designations is probably the most sensible one. It was probably something they thought was a good idea on the basis of their own corporate structure or based on sales markets (bearing in mind for pre-purchase, they were contracted only to sell through certain retailers in each country and that probably came with its own restrictions). It is a stupid idea though. The vast majority of these complaints about WvW being unbalanced with different timezones, etc. never would’ve happened in the first place if there had been an even (relatively, bearing in mind that some timezones don’t have a huge amount of players to go around and some communities naturally opted for one world over others) spread of players represented in each world to begin with.

Languages can even be accommodated with that – there’s enough people globally who speak French or Spanish as their first language that those servers wouldn’t be significantly disadvantaged. German, of course, being a bit more iffy.

Although going back to the OP, two things strike me;
1) You’re outmanned all day and night? That doesn’t strike me as an issue of them having significantly more people in off-times than you, that strikes me as either your world’s participation in WvW being frankly poor at best or that your world was ranked above where it should’ve been and got into a fight that it couldn’t cope with (happens).
2) Other people with high ping were negatively affecting your fps in an incredibly dramatic way? I’m not even going to get into the practicalities of this, but if that were really an issue on this game, you would have heard massive outcry from the NA lot to add on to their list of grievances about Oceanics playing with them. Chances are, they just brought more people to the party and you could do with a better PC.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Scryar.2954

@Jado Cast

I don’t know of there are more americans or europeans playing this game, but i think there is no huge difference. I just wanted to say that it has nothing to do with Anet being a american company. If there were no americans playing guild wars 2 there would be no us servers.
And every bigger mmorpg has at least german and french servers, because there is a huge playerbase in this two countrys. For example there were 5 german servers at the beginning. Now we have 7 because every german server was full and new players couldn’t even choose a german speeking server. (a friend of mine had to wait till 2.00 am to choose a homeserver)

WvsW smallscale & tpvp

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

And then there is fact that ping/latency has absolutely nothing to do with your fps. If a player has a high ping then they might appear to teleport around but that still doesn’t have any bearing on your fps.

It’s very likely what the OP was experiencing was the culling affect and somehow thinking that had anything to do with a players ping.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

Let’s start with some history on how things got to this point :
- Baruch Bay [Spanish Server]. Since day 1 they have latin Americain. Everyone knows that. However they have never been good in day and prime time so they loose to the top servers.
- Vizunah [French] : Because of Baruch Bay, people believed canadian were doing the same and joined Vizunah. But that was not the case. Only hardcore dedicated made the difference. (You will understand why this is true later on)
- 2 Weeks from now, German got school holyday. They clearly had more manpower than any other EU server and stomped every server.
- In part due to this, Aborstone [French] recruited canadian guild into their server. This was one the first big migration from US to EU just beat server who were strong at nightcap even without US crew.
- Desolation recruited US guild
Now all the EU servers are trying to do the same.

I agree that no region lock should be put in place. However there is a couple thing that are just plain wrong and pathetic.
First, ANet did not add a NA spanish server. Why ? Did they not realize how huge the spanish community is in america ?
Second, whole NA guilds moving to EU. This is something that would not have easilely happen if transfer wasn’t free. Again ANet is too blame because they were not fast enough to deal with this issue.

Now we are stuck in a situation where more and more US guild will migrate to EU. This will increase lag on EU servers (there was huge issue on the private beta I recall with EU joining WvW). And it cannot be undone. ANet cannot force people to move back.

What can be done ? Nothing. People will not change and only look at the short outcome : Our server is winning so we don’t care what happens next.

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Anyone that knows anything about Baruch Bay knows there are no South American guilds from South America in the server.

We are struggling to get this so we can cover more time zones as we ascend in the posts and slowly become a bit more competitive
Just tell any of your friends that can read spanish to have a look at our community forums and you will stop putting the south american excuse to your loses against BB.

And tbh coming from someone from Gandara that is like our “food” server whom we beat time and time again in all time zones and in every matchup it is jus pathetic.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

/blink
There’s no Spanish NA server? Really? That seems a bit weird o.O

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

There’s no foreign-language NA servers whatsoever.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

I’m curious about the lag for someone based in the US playing on an EU server.

I play at odd hours for my own guild, which seems to be predominantly a US EST prime time guild, so I’ve been looking to change guilds because of that (my play times are US EST midnight to like 4 am, roughly, M-F as I work 2nd shift).

As I PvE as well, I’m sure a US west coast guild would be a great choice, but as WvW is a 24 hour thing, and seeing my own server lose out when we sleep, I was wondering if there was an EU server or two that a decent representation of US players (or any players, for that matter – but I only speak English so I know that limits me somewhat) on during my play times?

I guess I was seeing an opportunity to help an EU server (however much one single person can help) avoid the nightcapping problem.

My primary concern would be any lag issues, but also if I were to want to run dungeons at all (I don’t usually, but at least I’d like the option to be there).

in WvW

gebrechen.5643

@scryar

So you want to force 13 ger/fr/esp servers to speak english just because some american players dont want to play on one of their 24 us servers and favor some pve vs gates action while the europeans sleep?

You are playing an international game with a 24/7 wvw map. The “international” language is English. So, the choice is accepting that fact or losing games at night.
We decided playing on an US server (as many others from EU), so why should people from brazil shouldn’t be allowed to play on portugese servers or people from mexico on spanish ones?
Sure, you can still talk German on your server but if you had some US guys or people from England why not try to talk to them and make them part of your community?
The top 3 NA and EU servers will be those with a 24/7 coverage of the map. Deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

I think the main issue on this is that the servers are dedicated to host a certain “group” of people by their assignment to a certain region.

I think the problem could be resolved simply by removing the EU/NA/FR/ESP/GER tags from the servers and make all servers “worldwide”. (and maybe a few less to keep a population balance).

Since we’re talking about WvW the latency/ping shouldnt be a real issue like it might be in sPvP because i think a difference of 100ms isnt a big deal, I however, have reason to believe the “wvw” servers are located in the US anyways because always when i’m in group with people in wvw their Location is shown as “World versus World (Sorrow’s Furnace)” might be wrong on this but its odd.

With worldwide servers (and of course forced server-repick for everyone) the issue of nightcapping wouldnt exist since all timezones would be covered by all servers.

What about those that dont understand english to well? Well those find themselfs within guilds anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

IMO access to WvW should be restricted by region when U bought – register a game.

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

I like the open approach, the more Americans, aussies and Asians the better.

It adds to the flavour of a server.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

There should’ve been no separation to begin with tbh

Though admittedly, there would be unofficial EU/NA/something servers, but dont think that would’ve caused as much of a problem as it does now with all the complaining about ngihtcapping

in WvW

Posted by: marianojc.2965

marianojc.2965

In my view, if you think that the reason why another world wins yours is because they have other time zones’ players, what you should do is to invite other time zones’ players to yours. This is what does some people on my World, that is Sea of Sorrows.

I rather think that Wv3 would be more interesting if there were a single pool of Worlds and not two pools (Europe, USA). This can be easily done to be fair if matches last 171 hours (7 days + 3 Hours) so that the following match is delayed 3 hours each week and all time zones have a chance to play at the start during up time some matches. Think that if in the future there are some Asian Worlds (like Korea, Japan, or China) they will be few and they will have to be matched with non Asian Worlds.

Last, I think that one of reason for playing in the internet is to play with and against players from around the Earth, (this is the reason why I keep playing Guild Wars over World of Warcraft). The Wv3 matches can be easily made to be between servers from all around the Globe, because delaying 3 hours each week the start time should not be a problem, so I think: Why don’t do it? This also would solve the problem mentioned by the OP of some Worlds having some edge over others because time zones.

in WvW

Posted by: Inu Hatsu.6729

Inu Hatsu.6729

in my opinion If your complaining and on a low tier server that losses to say… Desolation. Just kill yourself because your just QQin about Something just because its unfair to a small amount of servers. And as for the english thing…. Most people on my server speak english… (EU server)

in WvW

Posted by: Auzegeist.2836

Auzegeist.2836

I live in Scotland, does this mean I should only be allowed to eat Scottish beef? OP go cry into your cornflakes a little more, get used to the fact Wv3 is 24/7 not just when your online, deal with it or move on. Fed up listening to all the whine now same bull different day /yawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

This is a new game and it is still evolving. I happen to like the idea of playing with folks from other countries. As a player on the west coast of the USA in all games it dies early when east coasters go to bed. I have always played more with Asian and Aussie people. Yes we Americans tend to be language challenged in that we depend on others to talk to us.

I happen to think that GW2 may end up as the best international game, given the time to evolve.

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

Well… the problem is that there are no options. There are german and french servers, which do not have the option to get large oversea-populations in EU.

Now all those people could switch servers (well the spanish too, since they do not have enough timezones to be competitive). I know that 6 of the 7 DE-Servers have queues on Primetime if the battle isn’t yet decided (exspecially on weekend).

So you do expect that they all switch to EN-Servers, this would mean probaply about 5.000 players to distribute between 14 european EN-Servers. This would mean 350 people queueing during EU-Primetime on every server more. I guess it would be 150 more if you count the spanish and french too. So all EN-EU-Servers would have 500 more people in Queues at primetime, and most EN-Servers already do have queues. On the other side you would have 13 totally deserted servers in means of WvW.

I’m not sure if it is meant to be that way. But if you care about WvW staying on this servers isn’t really an option, because the rating unfortunatly allows you to get matched against a lot stronger opponents (basically because the rating sucks, since it ignores motivation completly, which is a rather big factor).

in WvW

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

This will be “fixed” when servers start to mass evacuate transfer because they have no chance of having a fair fight in wvw, so the server becomes a ghost town and has to be shut down or merged with another server.

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

It all boils down to a balance issue. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Anet say free transfers would remain in place until the servers balanced themselves? If the choice is left to the players, naturally they’re going to move to a winning server eventually. We had 3 large guilds bail from our server to the winning server for that week. The result? Well they painted the map red night and day. After the first day of the new matchups, it was obvious to the other two servers that the week was a total wash. Outnumbered night and day… so what’s the point? The guilds that have taken root on their server and have been building up their guilds lose EVERYTHING if they have to transfer, including all influence. This is like a penalty to fix something we shouldn’t have to. So what happens if we transfer to the next bandwagon and we see a repeat of the same scenario? Start over again? If anyone has any info about Anet directly stating their stance on any of this I would love to read it. Personally, I’d like to know wth is going on and if there is something planned pr being evaluated to resolve this balance issue in wvw.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Ok, I will tell about a huge problem we encountered in my server last week.
I’m not talking here about EU time zones, I don’t care about it, there is not big difference in EU times. What I’m tired about is having American and south American players in EU servers. This is a really big problem and most people in my server are really sad about this. I don’t accept the answer “we can’t do anything about time zones”, sorry. Many people changed server last week and many people including me stopped playing WvW last week just because of this reason. I don’t wanna change my server because of this, i like my server, but the situation in WvW is really boring at the moment.

I play in Gandara EU server. Last week, we had spanish Baruch Bay server as our opponent. Well, I and almost every person in Gandara are sure that not only Spanish people play in Baruch Bay but also Latin Americans play in that server. It is nopoint to fight for victory against them since they have huge amount of players all night and all day long. We were heavily overmanned, and that really ruined the fun i was taking from the game and stopped playing WvW like many in my server.

One big problem at having transoceanic players is ping problem. This again ruins all the fun, because many like me had 10 fps last week. However this is not the case this week since we don’t have Baruch Bay as opponent. We have better fps this week, how about that?

I’m not talking about night cappers here, donot misunderstand me. I’m talking about being heavily overmanned all night and all day long. Please ArenaNet but please don’t let American players play WvW in EU servers. I’m sure that there is the same problem in American servers too. Donot let transoceanic players play WvW in over ocean servers.

I don’t want to stop WvW from week to week, or change my server because i like my guild and server.

One other thing i wanna mention is I don’t like this ranking system at all. Ranking system should not work according to the points. It should work according to the amount of online players each server has. Current ranking system is so basic and not working.

We should all segregate ourselves to be only with people like us.

Oh wait….

The issue isn’t as simple as you made it. Americans are on your server too. It’s just luck that some have more people on at off-peak times.

What if you had your EU only servers for WvW and one server had a large late night population? Simply EU people on that server that stay up at night and always plow through you. And during the day, they have more players willing to WvW, so they often outnumber you around the clock.

Now you have the same issue. Again. Should they ban playing at night? Ban anyone entering greater than the lowest population server?

It just has no solution, and it isn’t really a problem. Your server should end up matched to equal servers. Eventually.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in WvW

Posted by: Lyan.6804

Lyan.6804

Anyone that knows anything about Baruch Bay knows there are no South American guilds from South America in the server.

We are struggling to get this so we can cover more time zones as we ascend in the posts and slowly become a bit more competitive
Just tell any of your friends that can read spanish to have a look at our community forums and you will stop putting the south american excuse to your loses against BB.

And tbh coming from someone from Gandara that is like our “food” server whom we beat time and time again in all time zones and in every matchup it is jus pathetic.

Funny, i guess u guys arent hungry at affternoon and evening right? Or maybe its cause Gandarians are hungry at that time.

Gandara Commander [SN]
Ly Ann at ur service

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

" And tbh coming from someone from Gandara that is like our “food” server whom we beat time and time again in all time zones and in every matchup it is jus pathetic." – Kraken (Sorry no quote button o.0)

Okay so I had no problem with the rest of your post at all. Latin/South Americans or not, you got better night coverage then us well then good for you, I personally don’t care about Americans(Continent) on EU. But to go ahead and say we’re your “food” server that you beat time and time again “no matter the time zone”? That’s just wrong. EVERY time Gandaran prime time hit when we were up against you, our point gain topped yours. Fort Ranik topped us both, these guys are beasts. So yea while you may have won the match ups against us, I would not say that we are your “food” server considering when it is prime time for us both we at least an equivalent level of server skill so to speak and we both got trashed by Fort Ranik anyway.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]