Analysis of poss. upgrade reqs for wvw armor

Analysis of poss. upgrade reqs for wvw armor

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I had a good look at what might be required to upgrade our wvw armor from ascended to legendary and posted my findings on the economy subreddit but thought I post a link here, as not many of you might frequent that subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gw2economy/comments/6s0sxx/speculation_about_material_requirements_for/

Quick TL/DR:

• 18 different wvw precursor pieces currently cost 1280g and take 22 weekly resets if you get 175 tickets per week
  • 18 different pve precursor pieces currently cost 640g and also take 22 weekly resets if you get 13 LI per week
  • Upgrade costs for wvw leggie armor might be a little cheaper than for pve to balance the higher acquistion costs for precursors
  • Gift of Craftsmanship is a candidate to be scratched (gift of battle instead) if they want to lower the acquistion costs. Another possible scenario is introducing different Provisioner Tokens that can be obtained by trading in crafted rare armor and weapons at provisioners in each of the 12 keeps and maybe sm
  • Mystic Clovers will be needed as well but easier to acquire in wvw through reward tracks, so this might balance acquistion costs already
  • Gifts of Condensed Might and Magic will stay and be the main gold sink
  • Gift of Prowess will be the same and act as timegate of 2 weeks, so 350 skirmish tickets instead of 25 LI
  • Gift of Dedication will be bought from vendor, most likely for badges, proofs of heroics and memories of battle. 4th ingredient will either be an rng trophy from mobs (Hylek Tongues, Ogre Tooths, Legendary Spikes etc.) or they will split the timegate between gift of prowess and dedication, so 175 tickets each.
Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.