Anet +Money= Leagues

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Hrolfr.6285

Hrolfr.6285

Sorry about the kittenty title. Supposed to be Anet making money off transfers from leagues.

Just a random thought and wanted to know what the wvw community thought. I’ve been reading a lot of forums recently and it seems that Anet is purposely making transfers more appealing in order to increase gem store transaction for people to transfer to higher servers. This means they can semi control a profit increase and make money. This could explain their apathy toward the WvW community. Any thoughts?

Hrolfr Kuma
Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth. ~ Mike Tyson

(edited by Hrolfr.6285)

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

If that’s all they wanted they wouldn’t lock in your server after the league starts.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

they arent apathetic.

they have a vision for what they want wvw to be.

a lot of the official forum community has a different vision.

they listen to our concerns. but they do not talk to us, probably because they have a misguided, secretive sense of what sort of information needs to be kept from us about how the company operates.

but they definitely care about wvw and think what they are doing will help.

we are merely expected to play, not analyze the problems we think we find while playing. because thats their job. even though we probably face the issues theyre thinking about 10x as much with at least 10000x as much brainpower.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

The league concept is a great idea, if they could account for and handicap coverage. But, they can’t or worse, won’t do that. They will not even use their modified Glicko score system to help “level” the field.

Gamers do want competitive games, not blow-outs, not roflstomps.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

You have to understand that each game provider what ever the title makes game not because of the goodness in their hearts but for jobs and livelihood; thus earning some cash from it.

There’s nothing wrong with this.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Sorry about the kittenty title. Supposed to be Anet making money off transfers from leagues.

Just a random thought and wanted to know what the wvw community thought. I’ve been reading a lot of forums recently and it seems that Anet is purposely making transfers more appealing in order to increase gem store transaction for people to transfer to higher servers. This means they can semi control a profit increase and make money. This could explain their apathy toward the WvW community. Any thoughts?

You assume that they are paying anet for the transfer.

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Causation does not equal correlation, your claim is flawed in so many ways.

My random claim. Selling skins on the gem store makes far more money than transfers ever could in a year, thus WvW doesn’t get attention.

-KNT- BG

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If it’s intended as a money making ploy then the marketing department needs to be fired. It’s just not a very productive source of income as it stands leading me to believe you’re dead wrong.

Steady sources of income are better than one off ventures.

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

My random claim. Selling skins on the gem store makes far more money than transfers ever could in a year, thus WvW doesn’t get attention.

It makes sense to speculate the ulterior motives of Anet when they implement an idea as terrible as the Leagues.

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

It makes sense to speculate the ulterior motives of Anet when they implement an idea as terrible as the Leagues.

Lord Kudzus Falacies lose him all his credibility

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I actually think the same thing, its a money grab.

GW2 would be so much better if it was a flat $15 month fee, then we would get a game moving in the right direction and none of this money grab crap that ruins the fun.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

^ Unfortunately no. You will get the same thing except you have to pay 15$.

Adapt to the game mechanics. If you find the game not to your liking, there’s always other games out there.

To better the game, what we can do is to point out bugs, exploits, and stuff that need fixing. And of course dish out our million dollar ideas for free. But in the end of the day, we are gamers, players, and just here to have fun.

Always keep that in mind.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Adapt to the game mechanics. If you find the game not to your liking, there’s always other games out there.

Give it time once Anet makes a ton of money off transfers they will make a change so everyone does not quit. Wait a few months then pull another stunt.

This is not a game mechanic….

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

if they want to help, tell them to join wvw in a low tier server and get face stomped with us.

it will dawn on them.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

I doubt it.

I’d rather not make any assumptions. So far, Anet hasn’t disappointed me, except for the bug which is party can’t kick offline, and inability to reset WXP, and the introduction of ascended gear stats.

For population of servers, the only solution is to promote your server. Give reasons for players to choose your server over another, and help them get there. Having a home is the easiest way for a community to grow. It’s where you belong and have pride among others.

PPT is just a bonus, it’s who you play with which allows you to enjoy the game. (at least that’s how i go about it)

Sad to say we push all of our problems to anet, of which we can really fix ourselves. Games are mere extensions of a glorified chat application.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

if my goal was to pay to be on the winning server, I’d be happy too. Doesn’t make it right.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

what is your goal?

when i was at vabbi, deso, cd, seaferer, and now tc; my goal has always been to treat each server i was in as the winning server. never changed one bit for me.

our goals differ yes? ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

They care whether transfers destroy your community. The only important thing in their eyes it’s $ $ $.

Earning money is normal for a company. But, the problem is the way to earn money.

If we are, we know that the league will bring $ $ $ via massive transfers, they too know.

The last time there has been a change, they lowered the number of people in a map WWW. Small numbers on a big map = queue = people tired of waiting = transfers to another server = $ $ $

I advise you to read thread to understand.

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

when i was at vabbi, deso, cd, seaferer, and now tc; my goal has always been to treat each server i was in as the winning server. never changed one bit for me.

And when they didnt win… you left. Gotcha!

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

they arent apathetic.

they have a vision for what they want wvw to be.

a lot of the official forum community has a different vision.

they listen to our concerns. but they do not talk to us, probably because they have a misguided, secretive sense of what sort of information needs to be kept from us about how the company operates.

but they definitely care about wvw and think what they are doing will help.

we are merely expected to play, not analyze the problems we think we find while playing. because thats their job. even though we probably face the issues theyre thinking about 10x as much with at least 10000x as much brainpower.

I agree with what you’re saying but there’s no such thing as “official forum community”. That’s Devon Carver’s delusion but the forum community IS the WvW community. It’s not some special vocal minority.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

I doubt it.

I’d rather not make any assumptions. So far, Anet hasn’t disappointed me, except for the bug which is party can’t kick offline, and inability to reset WXP, and the introduction of ascended gear stats.

For population of servers, the only solution is to promote your server. Give reasons for players to choose your server over another, and help them get there. Having a home is the easiest way for a community to grow. It’s where you belong and have pride among others.

PPT is just a bonus, it’s who you play with which allows you to enjoy the game. (at least that’s how i go about it)

Sad to say we push all of our problems to anet, of which we can really fix ourselves. Games are mere extensions of a glorified chat application.

Obvious fan boy will be obvious.

Anet should hire you for PR spinning since your moto is blame the customers not the providers. Fits well with the Anet dev team vision.

Wish I could block useless posters =/.

Anet +Money= Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

To better the game, what we can do is to point out bugs, exploits, and stuff that need fixing. And of course dish out our million dollar ideas for free. But in the end of the day, we are gamers, players, and just here to have fun.

Not really. It makes sense that if they have a steady guaranteed cash income they won’t resort to such pathetic tactics. Just because you say the same will happen doesn’t mean it will.

‘Other games out there’ so the translation is dump all the time and effort you spent into the game and leave. What game mechanics are you talking about again? The ones that favor zergling baddies like the downed state, AOE cap, Blood lust? Maybe I should post a video about me zerging with a blood lust buff and brag about it, huh?

This line of thinkining: ‘ditch the game’ weeds out people with common sense and leaves blind fan boys from reddit land behind as we can see here.

We ‘gamers’ are customers. Customers pay money. Please don’t try and degrade the customer base. We aren’t kids. Fixing bugs and exploits isn’t enough to keep a game from dying. The majority of the good wvw and spvp guilds/groups left the game a while ago.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]