Anet Please fix this

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Elementalists should not be able to kill all the seige inside the tower like this.

Attachments:

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Yeah i submitted a video of it to anet as well. This is the dumbest thing I have seen in a while.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Agreed that this needs changed, but it’s not just eles or that skill. I’ve had arrow carts get destroyed while using them, despite not taking any damage myself, or seeing any AoE circles near the cart. I’ve had this happen a few times in the last week in situations where any AoE able to hit the cart would have been hitting me as well.

I’ve also seen arrow carts used to destroy siege inside a tower (on the ground, not on the walls) in the last couple weeks’ T3 matchup.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

We’ve been dropping arrow carts in front of gates to destroy siege inside towers since beta. I just assume that is working as intended. They recently changed catas to not be able to hurt rams but left arrow carts out of the LOS checks, I assume because they shoot up and rain down from above and as such don’t need LOS.

There aren’t a lot of abilities that do what the Original Poster is showing. Mesmer greatsword 4 used to work exactly the same way and it was fixed. Now Elementalist Scepter 2 is the only one left I know about.

-Desirz Matheon

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Please do not post about exploits on the forums. Send your information to exploits@arena.net

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: Synda Raines.1836

Synda Raines.1836

If you can select a target and can get into spell range i dont see the problem. It’s a stone dropping out of midair you dont need a direct line of sight. In fact if the aiming mechanism was’nt badly designed i’d even say Ele’s should be able (and rangers with Barrage and Engineers with mortars or whatever else similar they have) to drop it straight over the wall in to the inner courtyard of the keep/tower without seeing what’s exactly on the other side. Same as a mortar is specifically designed to fire at a very steep angle and over walls as well as a treb.

So unless this actually somehow exceeds the spells normal range then it should be fixed. Otherwise simply build your siege out of those kind off spells range.

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

If you can select a target and can get into spell range i dont see the problem. It’s a stone dropping out of midair you dont need a direct line of sight. In fact if the aiming mechanism was’nt badly designed i’d even say Ele’s should be able (and rangers with Barrage and Engineers with mortars or whatever else similar they have) to drop it straight over the wall in to the inner courtyard of the keep/tower without seeing what’s exactly on the other side. Same as a mortar is specifically designed to fire at a very steep angle and over walls as well as a treb.

So unless this actually somehow exceeds the spells normal range then it should be fixed. Otherwise simply build your siege out of those kind off spells range.

I thought similar thoughts on the mesmer greatsword ability.

I also thought the “guard” ability of rangers was intended to do this as well as it had no other use.

It seems though arenanet has a history of considering spell behavior of this sort a bug and fixing it. I dont’ doubt dragon’s tooth has just been overlooked.

-Desirz Matheon

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

We’ve been dropping arrow carts in front of gates to destroy siege inside towers since beta. I just assume that is working as intended. They recently changed catas to not be able to hurt rams but left arrow carts out of the LOS checks, I assume because they shoot up and rain down from above and as such don’t need LOS.

There aren’t a lot of abilities that do what the Original Poster is showing. Mesmer greatsword 4 used to work exactly the same way and it was fixed. Now Elementalist Scepter 2 is the only one left I know about.

I have no problem with arrow carts going up and over, just wish the arrows would hit the celing if there is one over it instead of continuing over.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Look at the bright side. That is quite literally the only thing Dragon’s Tooth is any good for in WvW.

I’ll fully support a change for this ability to need LOS, but they need to reduce the delay on it while they are tweaking it. If you get hit by Dragon’s Tooth currently then you are terrible.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

Anet Please fix this

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Look at the bright side. That is quite literally the only thing Dragon’s Tooth is any good for in WvW.

I’ll fully support a change for this ability to need LOS, but they need to reduce the delay on it while they are tweaking it. If you get hit by Dragon’s Tooth currently then you are terrible.

Or you’re currently dazed, immobilized, knocked down, etc…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald