Anet: Please slow down pip rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

Anet,

The recent WvW focused patch was great with one exception. I feel the pip rewards are too high and max out the skirmish tickets much too quickly for WvW focused players. I consider myself a casual player of moderate WvW rank; however, because my focus is on WvW, I am able to max out my skirmish tickets by Sunday with minimal effort and time commitment.

I know I am not alone in this situation because with very casual playtime my entire guild maxes our rewards by the end of the weekend. After that we are just waiting for reset so we can collect more tickets.

As it stands now, I simply log in to play with my guild and rotate leading private raids with some of our other commanders. Lowering the pip rewards might even inspire me to put up a public commander tag and lead a zeg in glorious siege filled battle, vanquishing enemies on the borderlands and conquering keeps. I might even allow rangers into such raids!

Please consider my modest proposal of lowering the pip rewards for all WvW players. I would even suggest a minimal WvW rank before pips could be earned. Rank 500 seems quite reasonable to me. It can be reached with very little effort by even the most casual WvW player.

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Anet,

The recent WvW focused patch was great with one exception. I feel the pip rewards are too high and max out the skirmish tickets much too quickly for WvW focused players. I consider myself a casual player of moderate WvW rank; however, because my focus is on WvW, I am able to max out my skirmish tickets by Sunday with minimal effort and time commitment.

I know I am not alone in this situation because with very casual playtime my entire guild maxes our rewards by the end of the weekend. After that we are just waiting for reset so we can collect more tickets.

As it stands now, I simply log in to play with my guild and rotate leading private raids with some of our other commanders. Lowering the pip rewards might even inspire me to put up a public commander tag and lead a zeg in glorious siege filled battle, vanquishing enemies on the borderlands and conquering keeps. I might even allow rangers into such raids!

Please consider my modest proposal of lowering the pip rewards for all WvW players. I would even suggest a minimal WvW rank before pips could be earned. Rank 500 seems quite reasonable to me. It can be reached with very little effort by even the most casual WvW player.

I would disagree as you point of playing because you enjoy it is why the more dedicated people play it. I won’t stop if I max out. That matters little.

Secondly, as frustrating as some new players without ranks can be, it is refreshing to have new blood come in to learn the game mode. Full disclosure: I am rank 1770, so middle of the road for ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

I assume you want 35k gold too right?

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Hmmmm….

This smells like stinky bait, but what the heck, I’ll bite.

My rank 625 account is still only half way through diamond. I think the reward progression is just fine.

Sladi, perhaps you would like to clarify what you consider “moderate rank”? Would that be somewhere in the mithril ranks by chance?

Lower ranked players are earning between 2-4 pips per tick depending on their servers success during their prefered playtime. I suspect a lot of them will never even sniff diamond without serious hours grinding for it.

This sounds like a poorly veiled attempt to say : “Get the PvE players out of WvW because they are clogging the queue”

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

Sladi, I don’t think Anet understands satire… but yes, the tickets per week is a bit low, ~2 weeks needed for one ascended armor/weapon, and you have to spend more than 24 hours per week (or more) to get them. I would suggest double amount of tickets than we are currently receiving with each pip chest (and not increasing the max. that is 175, because already requires playing a lot of hours to get them)

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Anet,

Your perception is waaaay off if you consider yourself a casual player when you can reach max ticket within two days and with minimal efforts. It takes several WW hours each days to do that unless you play like map hopping parasite continuously.

I play WvW since the beginning of the game and I’m only rank 3000ish (No EoTM and a lot of solo time). That means I have a base pip gain of 4. I played all weekend exclusively in WvW and I’ve reached Diamond chest completion yesterday (can’t play as much in week days). I’m not a casual even if I play much less than I used to.

If you’ve reached Diamond completion before me while having a lower base pip gain you are no casual. If you have a higher WvW ranking than I do, you are no casual. At least not to me.

Imagine people who have 1 or 2 pip gain at base. It requires them a lot more time to get the same thing and they likely do not have as much time to invest in the game to begin with.

Beside, I don’t want more tags that are motivated by the extra pip only. It is not good for the game mode to have tags that have that kind of motivation.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Sladi, I don’t think Anet understands satire… but yes, the tickets per week is a bit low, ~2 weeks needed for one ascended armor/weapon, and you have to spend more than 24 hours per week (or more) to get them. I would suggest double amount of tickets than we are currently receiving with each pip chest (and not increasing the max. that is 175, because already requires playing a lot of hours to get them)

Dang.. I fell for the satire..

Nicely done Sladi!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

I am able to max out my skirmish tickets by Sunday with minimal … time commitment.

“Minimal time commitment” is 2 hours per 7 days = 14 hours, that’s not enough to reach diamond chest, idk what is the least needed even at Diamond Legend + being tag for 5+ player squad + on leading server + being outmanned = x hours, where x is more than 14 hours.
So the OP is clearly sarcasm.

It’s about tickets only, the rest of pip rewards are chests in chests with a lot of clicking worth 5gold per 50 chests… that’s laughable. The tickets are fine though, just need further tuned.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

My routine is get loyality pips on my Gold main first, then attempt to max out pips my 300 alt. As of today I’m a few chests from maxing out that alt at an average of 2 pips per tic since Saturday.

As of late, I’m seeing a lot more < Bronze people, but, I’m also seeing alot less erroneous tactic pulls, weird how that works since all those low players are obviously new…

Anyway, I think the reward gain for lower people is fine, if moderate rank casuals are gaining pips too quickly though, then perhaps pip gain for moderate rank casuals should be slowed down.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Not much to say other than the fact I agree 100%. I’d very much enjoy the rewards being a lot less and paced out throughout the course of the week. I had a casual weekend with my friend Sladi and some of my other casual WvW friends from my casual guild. All of us had a fun, but casual, time casually working our way up to the diamond chest a day or so after the world versus world match reset, which we casually attended.

I too have enjoyed leading private guild raids this week, but in the back of my mind is always the guilt associated with not utilizing the wonderful commander tag feature so my server friends know where our siege battles will take place so they too can experience the joy, thrill and glory of capturing objectives with us for our world whilst contributing to the fight on their favorite classes such as druids, thieves and engineers. Recent posts in this forum have awoken me to how excluded these friends feel, and as a person that is well known for my niceness and inclusive nature it hurts me to think that these friends may struggle to find us. Having less pips so I can enjoy being rewarded with claim tickets all week would most definitely encourage me, like with my friend Sladi, to publicly command much more often which I feel would be of huge benefit to my world.

Thank you for your consideration, ANet friends.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

I’d try to point out how unfunny this is, but I don’t want to get infrancted. Oops.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaysian.8135

Jaysian.8135

Anet,

I dont see how having minimal WvW rank before pips slow you down, obviously you are earning pips already so having a minimal rank dont really slow your personal progress down. But yeah i agree with you we max out the skirmish tickets much too quickly, i feel the same. And i did some calculation on what effect the pip accumulation the most, its that rank give you pips. So to fix the problem of you progress the reward track too quickly they should remove that rank give pips thing, that should solve your problem. Hope this will solve our problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

slo-..
slow down the pips?

I praise Abaddon if I make it past the second chest in a week.
Don’t forget, the first 2 hours you play you earn no pips, and then you start earning pips, by then, the time investment is already way past sensible, and I have to keep playing then to make actual pips. Remember, 2 hours is a LOT of time on a weekday, and thats two hours dedicated before you can even start collecting pips. And I’m not gonna play 8 hours every saturday and sunday just to get past wooden chest

Attachments:

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Hook, line and sinker…

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

^ if you completed it that fast you must play on outman sever lol. because i am 50 hours in to pip i still haven’t even hit diamond yet.