@Anet - Please use common sense with tomorrows matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

I know you use your ranking system, but i feel you should manually step in and use some common sense for tomorrow.
You currently have HoD and ET in Tier 2, and neither have even broke 17k in their matchups. This is obviously due to the well known public knowledge of the mass exodus from the servers.

Now, do you really want to ruin another Tier 2 game (HoD will remain here) and Tier 3 game (ET will be here) because of your automated rankings system? I know we, the players, would rather be in solid matchups against competitive servers.

I ask that you use some common sense and manually knock them down the ladder instead of having this “WvW breaking effect” in their tiers as they both slide down together.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

Again, I have to disagree. The problem will fix itself if something is done about limiting a sizable exodus in the first place.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

You dont get it obviously, this isnt about 1 game, its going to happen for at least the next month as the 2 slide down together. Not only is it going to ruin the fun for the servers the come in contact with, but its also going to scew the ratings for the server who wins by a ridiculous amount

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

Can’t see the problem.

Other 2 servers can ignore HoD/ET and just duel it out. I’m not a huge fan of 1v1v1 anyway, much prefer 1v1 2v2 3v3..

WvW players on HoD and ET can just transfer elsewhere like everyone else.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

I must be crazy.

I didn’t think it would be such a far out idea to actually have a human look at the matchups the algorithm spits out and approve/adjust them for quality once a week.

maybe though thats just way too complicated, time consuming, and expensive for Anet to ever implement. it would probably take 1 person a whole 20 minutes a week.. and then there’s europe!

thats like almost an hour.

just not feasible.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

Such a Rating-System is not adjusted for large performance changes due to players leaving servers or servers getting demotivated in their current matchup.

But the problem will solve fast if only one empty server is in a bracket. The only reason why HoD isn’t losing 200+ Points is because they will win against ET. If they lose against both servers they will drop a lot faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Heh another thread from a player on IoJ with the exact same suggestion to Anet today.

I’m able to take two things away from this thread and the one posted earlier today.

1) Some IoJ players are not looking forward to their match next week
2) Some IoJ players are steamed that BG beat HoD and ET so badly that they were able to pass IoJ in rating and play in the T1 match next week.

Both are understandable, but not worthy of artificially manipulating the rating system. What if they push them down too low, and they stomp the server in that match? What if they don’t get pushed down enough and some other server ends up getting artificially pushed into a higher tier? Once the precedent is set, what stops every server from saying “hey we’re going to crush both servers in our next match can you push them down too please”? Slippery slope ya know?

No. I believe both servers will settle in to where they should be within a few weeks, which isn’t all that long.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate