Anet Ruling Out Free Transfers For Good?

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Q:

Anet probably doesn’t have any immediate plans to have a short term free server transfer period, but has Anet ruled out that there will be another one at any point in the future?

Thanks!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Anet probably doesn’t have any immediate plans to have a short term free server transfer period, but has Anet ruled out that there will be another one at some point in the future?

Thanks!

Probably not, especially with the ratings of servers starting to stabilize. The cost restriction helps keep giant shifts to a minimum even if they still do occur.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I don’t think you’ll get much of an answer when you’re askin them to commit to a position so far in the future.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I think they are free to medium pop and lower severs. but if you want to be on a top wvw server without doing the work to get there you have to pay.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

You guys finally had enough Boulder? <—- sadface

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

styx.7294

I think they are free to medium pop and lower severs. but if you want to be on a top wvw server without doing the work to get there you have to pay.

There are no free server transfers. There was an event for like a few days that it was free to medium pop or lower but that was very brief and I’m not sure whether it helped or hurt the targeted servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

We have no plans of moving, but yeah sometimes the SoR zergs just make us log off. Just putting out feelers and such.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I don’t think you’ll get much of an answer when you’re asking them to commit to a position so far in the future.

I don’t think he’ll get much of an answer when he’s asking them to commit to a position at all.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

styx.7294

We have no plans of moving, but yeah sometimes the SoR zergs just make us log off. Just putting out feelers and such.

Well, if it’s about cost, some of the lower servers are as cheap as it gets (‘cept mine, it’s as expensive as it gets, I think, haha). PAXA, AD/Btsy, SPCA are among crazy good small mans that all have great YouTube videos that kinda give you an idea of what it’s like in the lower tiers if you’re curious.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I know what you mean, my guild runs on average a 5 man group and I know the mega blobs are starting to wear on us.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Honestly it costs max 50g per person to move. If you just play 2-3 hrs a day you can easily make 50g in less then 7 days. Stop waiting for free transfers. Farm some gold and move. Start the trend and maybe T1 will destack. New patch on 6th will help get gold easier as well from dungeons/orr farm.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

There are no free server transfers. There was an event for like a few days that it was free to medium pop or lower but that was very brief and I’m not sure whether it helped or hurt the targeted servers.

Yes there was such event but:
1) transfers are only because of WvW, PvE has guesting
2) transfers were based on PvE population, not WvW population
3) some servers with high PvE population and low WvW population were not included in free transfers

And I hate that because I am on one of those servers with high PvE and low WvW population.

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Yes there was such event but:
1) transfers are only because of WvW, PvE has guesting
2) transfers were based on PvE population, not WvW population
3) some servers with high PvE population and low WvW population were not included in free transfers

And I hate that because I am on one of those servers with high PvE and low WvW population.

You left out that a lot of WvW focused guilds are unlikely to transfer to a server with a low WvW population.

The one’s that do often times do it for the wrong reasons.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Transfers bring in money that pays for the game remaining free.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

It is not. Gem store is bringing money to Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Transfers bring in money that pays for the game remaining free.

Not when most people I know use the Gold → Gem conversion to do it! :-P

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com