Anet Seriously... STOP Screwing with Glicko

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

There are only 3 spots, and CD is way more qualified than your server at this point, and you know it.

For me, they look all about the same honestly… Wish we had SoS or YB in this new week instead so we could see which of the 4 T3 servers were more fitting.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Dtorx.7813

Dtorx.7813

I would like to see what the new glicko adjustment really mean

And since any match making ranking system have a key factor in it
so it don’t favor one or several teams or players
intentional or unintentional. That means
that any match making or ranking system needs to be valid.

And since all match making and ranking system have some basic rules.
At one point any match making ranking system start with all servers have 0 score
and they then develop there score in the match making ranking system as they
earn there score.

It should be no problem to show how this
new wvw linked match making ranking system works !

and how the new Glicko adjustment is working

Gw2 had np showing there new Finding the perfect match
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/finding-the-perfect-match/
was working and how they did make it they even added a link on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system
For everyone to see it and prove it was tested, valid and it did work

Why don’t gw2 do that with there new linked match making ranking system
and show there what there new glicko adjustment do and means

Dtorx.com

(edited by Dtorx.7813)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

But I’m sure nobody sane that’s actually seen t3 or higher thinks that a place where SBI of all servers has a 1.5 KDR ratio and is winning heavily in score is anything but a farce. Especially considering reset night is when numbers are more even. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Considering CD was barely above 1.0, I guess this part pretty much bury Cerby’s entire argument.

Attachments:

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Delete T4, if you insist on continuing with this linking garbage instead of merging like you should have then you need to just Delete T4 and link the bottom 3 servers. As your doing this pay attention, don’t link 4 servers willy nilly, put some effort in and figure out a balanced linking process.

I still think you should just scrap the whole linking idea and merge servers to avoid this new mess you have created from continuing.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

But I’m sure nobody sane that’s actually seen t3 or higher thinks that a place where SBI of all servers has a 1.5 KDR ratio and is winning heavily in score is anything but a farce. Especially considering reset night is when numbers are more even. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Considering CD was barely above 1.0, I guess this part pretty much bury Cerby’s entire argument.

Well, unlike a lot of people, I’m only using KDR as a population metric, as opposed to claiming superiority. I understand it’s possible to go 40vs 20 without taking losses but if that’s the norm where it’s always 40 vs 20 then something is very wrong. Granted, none of the 4 servers will make t4 fun.

I’m also going to take the time to respond to Kinthiri over here, and this forum software will make quoting a bit difficult so bear with me.

I know some people are gonna kill me for saying this but….

SBI seems pretty PPT focused to me. Yea, the most popular commanders tend to not PPT too much, but in general there’s an emphasis on defending stuff (but only on EB) and there’s also a super serious bunch of on the borderlands that are hardcore PPT.

I don’t think that’s the case. It’s not about the PPT, it’s more about just having fun. HARD, for example, aren’t PPT focused, we’re casual. We’ll take a fight if we come across it, otherwise we’ll just keep flipping stuff till we run into resistance and get the fights.

And I think that is true for most of SBI. It’s not about PPT. It’s just about drawing people out and getting fights. Which is something T4 doesn’t offer us at all.

I think my experiences are very different from yours. Granted, I’ve mostly been pugging for years. I’ve just seen so much crap over the PPT issue that it is just exhausting, especially involving the borderlands defense guilt tripping of the EB crew when it just never feels enough, and there’s been too many Lord’s Room warnings. It’s certainly gotten better over time but it gets very annoying to see commanders get run off because they didn’t do stuff that doesn’t require a zerg and get yelled at as a result. Or defenders getting berated for failing to disable even though people do make mistakes. That’s sure going to keep people around right?

Also, consider that the time you run (Late NA) tend to be the best time to run on these parts when either this kind of crap is minimal or we just shout them down. I do agree with you that fun tends to be most important and that’s generally a subjective thing. But I also think that it also has to do with striking a balance and tolerance of how people want to play. PPT in and itself isn’t really a slur, but when it leads to stuff like that because it’s taken too far, it can cause problems.

I have definitely observed that a number of people’s skill sets tend to be skewed towards siege. That’s nothing wrong with that, as I couldn’t aim a treb to save my life. Someone has to do it right? Heck, my own guild was focused on ninjaing stuff and generally avoiding fights as in more to kitten the enemy off. Though the desert borderlands seems to have taken its toll. [insert rant here]

For the most part, my experience has been that SF and DH will go behind SBI groups and just backcap things. Otherwise they’ll stay inside walls trying to defend until the objective is opened up, then they’ll WP away and start backcapping things. Some die in defence. We found the best way to get fights was to wait till they’ve dropped siege on a tower or keep and then initiate a fight.

What choice do most of them have? We’re forced to do the same when we’re faced with any of the t2s after they karma train our borderlands. All that can be done at that point is to waste the enemy’s time and deny bags. Though I’ve actually seen SF stand and fight. even when they don’t have to. And also the open field Flame Ram. I’ve heard legends of it theorycrafted but never actually saw it. I thought it was funny.

Again, that’s only really the case in EB. People go to EB because thats supposed to be where all the action is. But the majority of SBI are casual players, so they’re just going to look for a tag and join it. Thus, you get a guild group of 10-15 that turns into a zerg of 30 or more in EB.

It does happen to a lesser extent on the borderlands, but those that generally hang out in the BLs (such as HARD, Hate, ORDR, and a few other regulars) tend to pick up Pugs as we’re going. But theres far fewer Pugs so it’s not quite the same.

I think it’s not too outrageous to say that the majority of things happen on EB though. But when I think of “fight guilds”, I tend to think of build min-maxing, zergbusting, and scrimming. Now indeed pugs joining in is inevitable, but I think that’s still the dominant thing going on with not that much effort to run thinner. It’s also a note that a lot of serious fight guilds often tend to leave the server, though I suppose you may not have been around to see the five or six implosions that have occurred here.

All these guilds you listed are a fine bunch of course. I’m in one of them, but I don’t think they reflect the majority either.

Though this is just an observation as opposed to a rant. Blobbing with 50 people is its own form of entertainment and given this game is pretty much nonexistent as an esport, can you fault people for not putting the time it takes to take advantage of the FOTM?

To this day, many on SBI thought that rolling onto a tag in EB with 60 people (Anet plz increase limit) was what fite oriented WvW’ers do and to this day that’s what many people consider actual fights. I just pat them on the head and smile.

Way to be condescending to your own teammates :-P I think you’re completely wrong here, but meh… Whatever.

We have a lot of Pugs on SBI that don’t know how to play WvW beyond getting behind a tag and doing whatever they see the rest of us doing. The number of people in TS is small compared to the number of people we have in a map at any given time.

Now… given how long its been, can people please stop going on about Bannock? SBI today is not SBI as it was then. There are a lot of different people on the server now.

Well, that’s generally how I post. I try to hate everything equally. :p Plus there’s nothing to fight in game so here were are. The Bannok story is just a fun one for those that weren’t aware of the tale, but I still feel like the effects of a celebrity tag have had long lasting effects. It’s true elsewhere too, but very apparent here. But there’s definitely a lot of inflated egos as a result, and I have heard from a number of friends that optimizing one’s build is not needed because [x] commander will take care of everything.

Although I’d be careful with the pug label too as the server is mostly them, and remember, they are often on TS with their mics muted, so just because they’re not voicing their disapproval it doesn’t mean they don’t hear the casual blame sometimes placed on them.

No, they’re not paltry. It’s simply a case of YB/SoS have had greater numbers in the past and been able to do to SBI what we’re doing to T4. We beat YB and SoS on the week Season 3 released. It’s as if everyone in SBI completely ignores that fact and still goes on about beating SoS/YB because of some great rally.

That was actually a nicely phrased YB joke, though you may not understand them unless we face them a bit more. But it’s better that you don’t. It was actually a simultaneous joke and compliment. Honestly, I think we should give our opponents more credit. It makes us look better anyways.

As for the PPT’ing it’s needed atm because we don’t want to be stuck here. I do understand that, but at the same time it’s not unusual to see outsiders thinking we’re a PPT machine. Of course, they also can’t see the inside of our EB keep which as of midnight last night, had absolutely no siege. Just saying.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-6-June-World-Linking-Schedule-CLOSED/page/5#post6197744

June 11th 2016, 08:09

Snip 8<

Long Term WvW Ecosystem will depend upon ANet’s ability to skillfully manipulate Population & Score.

To be “Efficient”…ANet has to be given free reign to Manipulate both Population & Score.

Balanced & Fair Match-Ups will be an illusion based on ANet’s skill & speed at Manipulating these variables.

Snip 8<

I was Strongly against World Linking, but ANet is doing their best to create the illusion of Balanced & Fair Match-Ups after the Majority of players on this forum approved World Linking.

ANet is doing the best they can to fix things, but will continue to fail due to the Flawed Fight Model that hasn’t changed since launch.

There’s a more simple & elegant solution to fix the Game Mode…imho

Yours truly,
Diku

Possible Better Long Term Solution – Google Search – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Really just delete T4. From what I’ve seen though CD is T3 too. Not sure what all the fuss is about on fight quality though. T3 is just T4 with better numbers and coverage.

Leave your omniblob somewhere else and you’ll prob get better fights.

People posting images of green maps like that proves anything other than that you hate decent fights.

Building trebs, balis, cats and acs on someone’s spawn while they fight your 20 to 30 spawncampers with 10 because they are literally bored to tears and starving for fights.

in WvW

Posted by: GO FUND YOURSELF.2469

GO FUND YOURSELF.2469

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

This is how this works right? We complain and get free glicko? Because you certainly dont get it for winning a matchup by 200k

RNGSUS BLESS US PLEASE

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

This is how this works right? We complain and get free glicko? Because you certainly dont get it for winning a matchup by 200k

RNGSUS BLESS US PLEASE

You know it’s really funny because we had someone complaining about preferential treatment because YB’s keep was claimed by Anet. Now obviously that was unreasonable since it doesn’t really matter. This though….

I guess the conspiracy theories were correct.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

RNGSUS BLESS US PLEASE

Well, you’ll problably get your free glicko after 5 weeks of complain if you follow CD footsteps. Too bad that the pairings will change before that meaning all your complaints will be in vain… Like everything.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: JFFcrazyhorse.6352

JFFcrazyhorse.6352

Building trebs, balis, cats and acs on someone’s spawn while they fight your 20 to 30 spawncampers with 10 because they are literally bored to tears and starving for fights.

SF is the one playing Siege Wars 2. SBI/HOD wouldn’t be so starving for fights if ANet wouldn’t artificially inflate a server.
Also would help if the events director wasn’t running the WvW show. They guy doesn’t know jack about WvW. Keep him in his own dept please.

in WvW

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I have to agree with the sentiment in this thread. I do not agree with the attacks made against Anet staff, they’re just trying to do a hard job the best way they know how, and mistakes will happen. Mistakes have been made. We’re now beyond that.

Look, SBI getting screwed by RNG and losing a ton of rating after cleaning up the previous week in T3 because the glicko algorithm can’t realistically deal with such a wide rating variation makes me mad, but I can deal with it. Such is RNG. But allowing the same thing to happen for a second week in a row is a huge screwup. It must be fixed ASAP.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

SF is the one playing Siege Wars 2. SBI/HOD wouldn’t be so starving for fights if ANet wouldn’t artificially inflate a server.
Also would help if the events director wasn’t running the WvW show. They guy doesn’t know jack about WvW. Keep him in his own dept please.

Hammering people into oblivion is not going to get them to play. If I were to log into wvw and see a match where one server controlled 90% of the map including all 12 keeps, I would log back out.

It’s not SBI’s fault they’re stuck in T4, but it is their fault they’re bored and starved for fights. Let the other servers hold onto a T3 tower or don’t re-paper a keep every 10 minutes and the populations of those servers won’t be so low.

You can’t blame them for not putting up a fight where they are going to die in every encounter.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Really just delete T4. From what I’ve seen though CD is T3 too. Not sure what all the fuss is about on fight quality though. T3 is just T4 with better numbers and coverage.

People posting images of green maps like that proves anything other than that you hate decent fights.

Been pretty rough on DH/ebay. We had 7 people on tag this evening with SBI running 20+ groups all over the place with roamers. Matchup is dead. Not sure what the hell anet is doing but positive they have zero plan for wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Hey maybe DH and SF can complain some more so SBI gets taken out of T4, be nice to get that glicko back that we are bleeding by being in this tier, even though we won the last match up while we were in T3.

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Reh.5986

Been pretty rough on DH/ebay. We had 7 people on tag this evening with SBI running 20+ groups all over the place with roamers. Matchup is dead. Not sure what the hell anet is doing but positive they have zero plan for wvw.

Yeah saw it all from the SF side before I finally had to just run. Sucks that our servers got left for dead like this. I miss running into fights with a lot of people on GoM but that mess was just unplayable.

People say they wants fights but back cap everything every 5 to 10 minutes and then throw siege up on spawn lol

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Feel sorry for gom/sf/dh etc. Not really for SBI. anet just needs to relink.
T3 is pretty fun without sbi though.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Basically this entire mess is 100% on Anet and they really should accept responsibility. All of this could have been prevented with common sense, the second CD received it’s linking it should have been manually adjusted.

Now they have created another ghetto, SBI should not be in T4 what so ever, CD deserved to be there and only became dominant because of stupidity with the linking. In the end a server that won T3 by a reasonable margin get’s the shaft because someone can’t see the obvious.

Just when Anet had a chance to somewhat balance tiers, they become the direct cause of the imbalance.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

thank the molasses like slow re-link for this. people can wait out bad links for 4 weeks, but not 8…. better yet, revisit links at all. I bet that vote looks different now after 2 clueless links….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

There are only 3 spots, and CD is way more qualified than your server at this point, and you know it.

For me, they look all about the same honestly… Wish we had SoS or YB in this new week instead so we could see which of the 4 T3 servers were more fitting.

Maybe the one that was last in tier 3? Lost by 50k to SBI?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

h
I was Strongly against World Linking, but ANet is doing their best to create the illusion of Balanced & Fair Match-Ups after the Majority of players on this forum approved World Linking.

They aren’t even going that far, there’s not even an illusion of balanced matchups

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Hammering people into oblivion is not going to get them to play. If I were to log into wvw and see a match where one server controlled 90% of the map including all 12 keeps, I would log back out.

It’s not SBI’s fault they’re stuck in T4, but it is their fault they’re bored and starved for fights. Let the other servers hold onto a T3 tower or don’t re-paper a keep every 10 minutes and the populations of those servers won’t be so low.

You can’t blame them for not putting up a fight where they are going to die in every encounter.

When I was on a lower tiered server I did exactly this a lot. We didn’t have a morning crew, and I played mornings. So I’d login, see everything not our colour, even our garri most of the time, look around for people… find 5 and outnumbered on our borderlands and just log out and do something else. I eventually gave up sold all my materials and server hopped.

We’d try to defend sometimes. Set up lots of siege and drain all the supply, but we wouldn’t even have enough people to fill all the siege slots. So it just became a waste of gold.

For some people, Karma training empty keeps is fun and easy rewards. I think the population that actually wants fights is vocal, but smaller. I think most people just want easy wins. And it’s funny the server that just karma trains the other server(s) for some reason think they’re hot stuff. Yeah , ghost capping keeps for points makes you skilled. I speak from experience, since I flipped to a server that did just that… I wanted a strong morning crew to run with, but I never checked if the other servers had one too… Rip those gems.

(edited by Coyote.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The problem is not that Anet artificially caused CD to move up. That was the right thing to do. The problem is that:

1. They took too long to do it.
  2. Should have just moved them up with 1U1D, not make up some artificial “match Glicko”.
  3. They stopped there and didn’t make sure another server wouldn’t be stuck in Glicko hell.

Trading one server’s Glicko hell for another is not the answer. Taking too long to see the issue and take action is part of the problem (but this has been going on forever, Anet is glacial in their decision making and changes).

I’m on SBI and I can deal with 1 week of this type of bad match if it means other servers get some variety. But leaving us here is just wrong. Anet you should just alternate CD, YB, SoS and SBI in and out of T4 until the next relinks. Problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Jelly Pain.8027

Jelly Pain.8027

Darkhaven loves the changes

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Darkhaven loves the changes

I don’t see any change at all, honestly.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

The problem is not that Anet artificially caused CD to move up. That was the right thing to do. The problem is that:

2. Should have just moved them up with 1U1D, not make up some artificial “match Glicko”.
  3. They stopped there and didn’t make sure another server wouldn’t be stuck in Glicko hell.

Trading one server’s Glicko hell for another is not the answer. Taking too long to see the issue and take action is part of the problem (but this has been going on forever, Anet is glacial in their decision making and changes).

I’m on SBI and I can deal with 1 week of this type of bad match if it means other servers get some variety. But leaving us here is just wrong. Anet you should just alternate CD, YB, SoS and SBI in and out of T4 until the next relinks. Problem solved.

The problem is the linking to begin with, CD should have kept the most population server of the 3 linked to it, DH should have gotten the middle populated of the 3 and YB should have gotten the least populated. That would have prevented this whole mess.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

h

They aren’t even going that far, there’s not even an illusion of balanced matchups

Snip 8<

The current WvW design make it extremely difficult to provide solutions to the problems that we’re all very familiar with.

It’s like trying to bake a Thanksgiving Day Turkey with Tofu as your main ingredient.

Illustrated Fix with Glicko – See below

1. Stop!
  2. Fix in a Flash…
  3. Product Fixed
  4. Tah-Dah!
  5. Glicko Illusion Complete
  6. Wait…
  7. Happy Thanksgiving
  8. Tofu Turkey!
  9. Not a Macigian I guess…

Re-Edited to include a point of reference.

Enjoy,
Diku

Possible Better Long Term Solution – Google Search – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

CD is actually in play with their adulterated glicko score to end up in T2. I’d be curious how many points other T2 servers would lose just by virtue of CD being in the matchup.

Right now SBI is losing 15 points despite having 20k more than the next two servers and over 50% of the total points in the matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The problem is the linking to begin with, CD should have kept the most population server of the 3 linked to it, DH should have gotten the middle populated of the 3 and YB should have gotten the least populated. That would have prevented this whole mess.

We have to assume that Anet linked the servers in the best way based on their interpretation of the data that they used at the time. Its possible the data they used is not the best way to do it or that they misinterpreted the data. Even if it was slightly off, I doubt that’s the main reason for the bad match at this point.

The main reason is that something changed since Anet gathered the data. I think there are two main culprits:

• Population shifts. People moved off YB (YB was T1 when this linking started), DH, SF, etc. since the data was gathered.
  • The fairweather effect.
    • People on the 4 linked servers saw a four server linking and said, “wow I’ve got to go in WvW and check that out”. Thus causing their population to swell initially and dominate the match, thus more fairweathers came in.
    • While at the same time people on the other T4 servers said, “what? we’re up against 4 servers?”. Then they saw the imbalance created by the fairweathers on the 4-headed hydra and said, “forget this, I’ll go do something else” or even leave the server, thus compounding the problem.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Actually I’m assuming the linking was random and not monitored at all because it’s common sense that this was a bad idea. If they are using their “metric” they really should stop because they should have figured out by now their metrics are so off base they’re flat out wrong.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t understand the last post.

But it has Dr Mccoy so I like it anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

I created a simple ranking system that would fix all those problems. Check it out :

http://coveragewars2.com

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

@OP : Here’s a good and simple ranking system that would fix the issues :

SBI would have moved up last week with the system I describe.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Firstly, I agree that the addition of 2-300 glicko points should have been applied to the in progress match points rather than at reset then not again.

I also would have preferred a total glicko reset and let matches sort it out.

I also agree that which ever T3 team rolls down under the current system is penalised Glicko wise.

I also tend to agree that whining moaning and stamping feet should be ignored.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

@OP : Here’s a good and simple ranking system that would fix the issues :

SBI would have moved up last week with the system I describe.

William of Ockham agrees with this post.

in WvW

Posted by: Alora Arrowstorm.1268

Alora Arrowstorm.1268

It would definitely be more objective than what is happening now and likely allow a little more rotation.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I find it a great source of fun! So much champion bags!
I can’t wait for next week! Will probably build some trebs to spawn camp ebg! Shame all dh wants to do is hide in spawn!

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

I can’t wait for next week! Will probably build some trebs to spawn camp ebg! Shame all dh wants to do is hide in spawn!

Span camping a graveyard is pretty boring. Nonetheless, I’m amused at your PvE attitude. Perhaps you would like to redirect your enthusiasm to a more fitting map called Edge of the Mists. When you again are placed into a viable match up (should I say “IF”?) you might find yourself more at home in that environment.

On the original topic, I feel bad for SBI. T4 is hell. But perhaps nothing is as hellish as being at the very bottom of T4. Anet essentially destroyed DH and Ebay. And at this point I don’t even have a suggestion for fixing this kittenfest. Anyone up for Overwatch? Minecraft? Club Penguin? Hello Kitty? Tetris?

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

(edited by Ann Jay.2950)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Shame all dh wants to do is hide in spawn!

I’m sorry that the 10 of us don’t want to “fight” your map queue.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Span camping a graveyard is pretty boring. Nonetheless, I’m amused at your PvE attitude. Perhaps you would like to redirect your enthusiasm to a more fitting map called Edge of the Mists. When you again are placed into a viable match up (should I say “IF”?) you might find yourself more at home in that environment.

On the original topic, I feel bad for SBI. T4 is hell. But perhaps nothing is as hellish as being at the very bottom of T4. Anet essentially destroyed DH and Ebay. And at this point I don’t even have a suggestion for fixing this kittenfest. Anyone up for Overwatch? Minecraft? Club Penguin? Hello Kitty? Tetris?

Actually I think its dh/ebay that should go play in EoTM if they havn’t already.
“It too hard they got too many, gonna let sbi put a wp in our ebg keep ;-( "

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I don’t think “let” is the right word there.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Reh.5986

Lol cute how zerglings get all fired up after beating in a few undefended doors.

in WvW

Posted by: bigTONY.8901

bigTONY.8901

You could just deal with it too. The server pairings are going to change eventually or just transfer if you hate it so much.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

You could just deal with it too. The server pairings are going to change eventually or just transfer if you hate it so much.

You’re missing the point, we shouldn’t have to “just deal with it” we should not have been placed in this position to begin with. We shouldn’t have to transfer, our server was doing just fine where it was but because Anet couldn’t see what every other NA player could see would happen in T4 they artificially boosted a T4 server and sent a server that wasn’t even close to falling into T4 down the drain.

Anet should have and could have stopped this before it even happened, but as usual, neglect is the easiest route.

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

Actually I think its dh/ebay that should go play in EoTM if they havn’t already.

You’re adorable. But you lack common logic. You think DH/Ebay should go play EoTM, but if the few of us gave up completely, everything would stay green, and you’d miss out on even more of your precious champ bags.

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

It’s humorous how unhumourous this got for T3 when rating got involved. DH slips to 17th, no one cares, 9 servers stacked like sardines in T4, meh. CD wants fights, “hey Guys go for it!” They all screamed, Wait, someone has to keep SF and DH company? Aw heck no…welcome to the last near 4 months of our lives, pull out a cushion and get comfy.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hmm….28th of this month brings us to what, 4 years? One would have though by now they could have sorted this out. I can’t speak on their staffing nor can I speak what their priorities are because last October HoT released. I’m pretty sure the expansion was important.

All I’m saying is that this format of play hasn’t been a priority for some time now. At the end of the day this is what you get when you use a system designed for a single player format of play. It gets more complicated when you mix in the allowance of server transfers and greater play of 24 hours. Oh, and let us not forget the emphasis is placed on egos, err, servers rather than that of the actual players.

Server shouldn’t matter. What the players, guilds, and informal alliances do.

System is corrupted and broke. No competition isn’t helping. At the end of the day fun is what you make of it. Has bad as DH/Ebay has had it my bags still fill up nightly.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Justine.6351

You’re adorable. But you lack common logic. You think DH/Ebay should go play EoTM, but if the few of us gave up completely, everything would stay green, and you’d miss out on even more of your precious champ bags.

Give your nighttime eBay some credit. They are probably worth more than dh/eBay daytime.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Give your nighttime eBay some credit. They are probably worth more than dh/eBay daytime.

I still trying to see where beating empty doors make someone somenthing. Not that rolling over 10 people with 60 is much different.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You’re missing the point, we shouldn’t have to “just deal with it” we should not have been placed in this position to begin with. We shouldn’t have to transfer, our server was doing just fine where it was but because Anet couldn’t see what every other NA player could see would happen in T4 they artificially boosted a T4 server and sent a server that wasn’t even close to falling into T4 down the drain.

Anet should have and could have stopped this before it even happened, but as usual, neglect is the easiest route.

Not exactly. I mean, glicko scores are based solely on the host server, so cd’s glicko didn’t accurately reflect its capabilities and it was stuck in a matchup that wouldn’t give it enough to move up a tier no matter how high its score (as you’re experiencing now).

Afaik, Anet gave cd a glicko buff for the purposes of matchmaking only (for two weeks). They’ll probably do it again this week too and, if they do, I imagine it’ll be closer to a +100 buff. That will put you, them, YB, and SoS in the running for the T3 matchup, but one of you will end up in T4.

All that means is they dealt with an unfair glicko wall that would have kept cd in hell for the entire duration of the current linking, and you ended up with 2 weeks of it (and maybe more, depending on your luck going forward).

Being on a server that will get crushed every week no matter which of you ends up drawing the short stick, I can’t say I have a lot of sympathy for you. I mean… you’ve had two weeks of crushing your matchups. Suck it up, buttercup.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)