Anet has moved on from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

True Story -

The truth lies in the details. WvW has and always will be an appitizer.

Expecting a full course meal will only lead to disappointment. Bigger things to do before WvW as always:
1) Gem Wars
2) Gem Wars 2
3) PvE
4) eSports – er i mean… I don’t know what I mean, it’s just a joke..

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Different teams working on different stuff. Anet isn’t one guy who’s only capable of working with one thing at a time.

(edited by Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365)

in WvW

Amins.3710

That’s true – but 2 years of failure and neglect speaks volumes.

They did finally fix that culling though…. 2 years ago…

Amins – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

That’s true – but 2 years of failure and neglect speaks volumes.

They did finally fix that culling though…. 2 years ago…

They added a lot of things things that feel like they have been part of wvw for a long time but they had not. Its sounds like your just fishing for something to be wrong and to complain about this point.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Amins.3710

Please, enlighten me on the fixes to WvW since inception…

Not “Additions” – no one really ever cared nor petitioned for “more kitten”. All we’ve ever wanted was fixes – to which they’ve only ever done one: Culling.

1) Balance of populations / maps
2) Night-capping / population
3) Blobbing vs Tactical Play
4) Havoc Squad and hard rezing vs blobs
5) GvG ~wvw~ scene. (wait what?)

list goes on and on and the sad part is, we’re still here asking for the same stuff….

Oh wait – they did finally fix the commander stuff (sort of)… but it took 2 years for them to take their head out of their sssssss

Amins – Guardian

in WvW

Jski.6180

Not “Additions” – no one really ever cared nor petitioned for “more kitten”. All we’ve ever wanted was fixes – to which they’ve only ever done one: Culling.

list goes on and on and the sad part is, we’re still here asking for the same stuff….

Oh wait – they did finally fix the commander stuff (sort of)… but it took 2 years for them to take their head out of their sssssss

1) cant be done with out turning off the game when “your” not playing
2) same as 1
3) Not being able to rez ppl in combat, siegs/ banners having 50 target aoe caps, adding in chock points where you can bomb big groups and slow them down, adding in more stealth for small groups to sneak up, adding in more frames or making the wvw server run better so you can make faster moves.
4) you seem to not understand what havoc dose in wvw and how they deal with blobs being able to harass bigger groups with smaller groups to the point of drooping there numbers at the same time due to the new rez lets these small groups work a lot better becuse any time a small group is dealing with a bigger group they are wining even if they are losing that kind of how war works.
5) guild halls? or OS they are still there its up to players to use them not Anet to make them use them.

in WvW

Amins.3710

Yep Jski, you’re absolutely right.

I know nothing about WvW in gw.

Keep being a fanboi. The boat left port 6 months ago.

Amins – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Different teams working on different stuff. Anet isn’t one guy who’s only capable of working with one thing at a time.

Apparently it’s only one guy that was working to remove culling, though.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Yep Jski, you’re absolutely right.

I know nothing about WvW in gw.

Keep being a fanboi. The boat left port 6 months ago.

Oh Jski just mad because YB broke FA in half. Just a little pepper with a lot of salt on the steak.

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I thought the Dev who lead WvW left, and did his replacement not leave also?

Anet should have just bit the bullet a year ago and said we cannot make WvW work, as your vision ( the players ) is not the same as our vision ( Anet ) and at that point they should have pulled the plug, instead of letting it slowly bleed to death in the way they are currently doing,

When I can spend an hour on a Boarderland map and not see a single enemy player, there are problems,

Anet should just reroute whatever resources are left for WvW into something that can actually be made useful, as another year of WvW in this state, with broken fixes, ignored problems, they wont have to worry about it anymore, but it could do more damage letting it die slowly than killing it fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Lol @ the Guild Hall Arena. You can comfortably fit 6 players. There is more room for spectators than fighters.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Loosmaster.8263)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

chill guys, 2016 year of WvW!!!!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

I’m really looking forward to the WvW overhaul coming Q4 2020

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

A-net has stated that they are focused on WvW improvements. They were focused on the china release, then HoT, then spvp improvements and now finally after all of those projects were done they changed their focus to WvW. The core issue in WvW are not something that will take a small amount of time to fix. Stop being impatient and just wait, play other games until we get more info on it(if that is the only reason you continue to play gw2). Yep a lot of wvwer are going the states of grief. Most have accepted the lost and have moved on.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

At this point, they’d be fools to not move on from WvW.

HoT’s botched WvW “improvements” reduced the WvW population levels so much that it’d be hard to justify putting any dev time into it now.

If they’re smart, they’d just chalk it up as an epic fail and cut their losses by halting all WvW development. If they’re really smart, they’d do exactly that and also string along those who inexplicably have hope by promising a massive overhaul “soon.”

in WvW

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Saying Amins doesn’t know what havoc does… just LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Not enough earnings to justify spending money on fixes / changes.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Amins.3710

which is why there is Gem Wars2 go’n on right now.

Amins – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

They made one mistake: Not having devs in wvw as players. So they lost touch, have no idea what the last 2 years of balance did to the game mode and what it needs. And yes, by now it’s pretty much too late.
I don’t get why on earth they didn’t even fix the broken WPs by now – but alas, it’s just been 3 months.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Stop telling us the truth Amins.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

chill guys, 2016 year of WvW!!!!

Uh…. won’t actually go into Beta until the end of 2016, so better make that 2017.

in WvW

Jski.6180

which is why there is Gem Wars2 go’n on right now.

Did that not happen a few months ago then a few months before that etc.. i guess you can keep calming the same things but at a point you would think ppl would wise up or you know its not the way you saying it is and maybe your trying for a point of view that is so one way to make your self feel justified in your limited views.
Any way what do you have to gain after you said your giving up go play that other rvr game that not out.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Anet seems to have some l2monetize issues.

There are GvG streams two years ago that have gotten the Twitch viewership that the ESL broadcasts are getting now. But I think most of the competitive and organized people have moved on at this point and I don’t think it was to sPvP.

Guild halls just seem like padding for HoT, they’re huge yet the actual arena is so small, there isn’t much to do there (just not enough sandbox elements overall in GW2 and it’s not like they’re hooking up the RP ppl either). Plus you’re pretty much stuck with whatever hall you’ve claimed.

The game is supposed to be about horizontal end game but that has become pretty weak.

EDIT:

This reply was meant for the “GvG Obsidian Sanctum Support” thread, bah! Strangely enough, the bit about esports is still on topic here.

Whispers with meat.

(edited by gennyt.3428)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

A-net has stated that they are focused on WvW improvements. They were focused on the china release, then HoT, then spvp improvements and now finally after all of those projects were done they changed their focus to WvW. The core issue in WvW are not something that will take a small amount of time to fix. Stop being impatient and just wait, play other games until we get more info on it(if that is the only reason you continue to play gw2). Yep a lot of wvwer are going the states of grief. Most have accepted the lost and have moved on.

Let me direct you to this post from June 2013:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/devon-carver-on-the-future-of-world-vs-world/

Most of the items discussed there are still open items in WvW. The person that wrote them has also moved on. I point this out to highlight why so many long time WvW players feel the way they do.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Gem Wars? But there hasn’t even been any good outfits.

Well, the thing is that WvW seems to have been meant as some kind of bridge for casual players to go on the esports train, but as it turns out sitting in a queue for 5 minutes to fight the other 5 (premade team) people waiting in queue seems to be pretty not twitch streamworthy.

So they never seemed to care about truly polishing the game mode, seeing it as some kind of phase and then came megaservers and EOTM when they were trying to really just push everyone else away. But you know, despite the destruction of the community frame work, WvW still wouldn’t die. I guess if I had an agenda, I would be very angry. But I guess WvW was just too good for its own good in the grand scheme of things. Sort of like when Microsoft tried to push their crappy Windows 8 on everyone when Windows 7 was fine the way it was.

But no, no, I don’t want to really spread any hatred towards anyone’s work. So if you actaully do work for WvW, I imagine the job isn’t very pleasant and your hands are probably tied even if you know what’s right. But I do think whoever’s in charge has consciously made these decisions to marginalize WvW, and other parts of the game and community as well in HoT. Maybe there’s little you can do. Maybe this was never intended. We’re here now anyways.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

It’s evident they can care less. I just posted a long thread about what’s still jacked up in WvW and why it killed my experience. Arena Net’s golden children, reddit, is in full apologist swing right now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/GG-Arena-Net-Here-s-feedback/first#post5971554

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I considered things that Jski said, than saw the trash guilds he has been in WvW. So politley, kitten since you know nothing. You’re bad. Covn is bad. WvW is terribad for more than a year. /thread

Lol I love the ad hominim in this thread. Great work refuting what Jski said, really well done.

The problems like “night” capping and population imbalance are intractable and EVERY SINGLE MMO that has tried to implement large scale continuous pvp like this has suffered from them. I love that no one here has any actual solution and just likes to cry that ANet isnt trying.

Players cant talkt about solutions, only Anet knows what is possible to work on this gw1 engine fork , but if we can throw random useless toughts then IMO, one of the solutions would be a continent WvW and megaserver, no more reapeated maps, guild have to deffend the castle zone their guild owns instad of WvW being just a karma redundancy blob farm.

The issue about WvW is how WvW is designed to work.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

1. They can’t balance population with as many servers as they have and servers set up the way they are. They can offer incentives for players to try to balance population themselves. But why not just pay a little extra to transfer to a winning server?

2. They can’t fix night capping without either doing something politically sensitive or fundamentally changing the way the entire scoring system is set up. Either way probably just seems like a huge risk to them and this company seems to prefer to play it safe.

3. Blobbing works in large part because there’s no player collision and a small AoE cap. They’ve said before that the AoE cap is a limitation of their hardware or something and I don’t think they’ve ever addressed the player collision issue.

4. The no res in combat feature is a decent step towards fixing the “outressed” scenario. Still the problem of AoE caps makes taking on 40 with 5-10 a losing proposition unless it’s 40 completely inept players.

5. I haven’t personally given much thought to making GvG an official game mode. Perhaps they’re worried it would compete with views for pro league. Perhaps they’re worried that officially supporting GvG as an official game mode would necessitate balance discussions centered around it which would even further complicate the balancing process. I’m only speculating though.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

1. They can’t balance population with as many servers as they have and servers set up the way they are. They can offer incentives for players to try to balance population themselves. But why not just pay a little extra to transfer to a winning server?

2. They can’t fix night capping without either doing something politically sensitive or fundamentally changing the way the entire scoring system is set up. Either way probably just seems like a huge risk to them and this company seems to prefer to play it safe.

3. Blobbing works in large part because there’s no player collision and a small AoE cap. They’ve said before that the AoE cap is a limitation of their hardware or something and I don’t think they’ve ever addressed the player collision issue.

4. The no res in combat feature is a decent step towards fixing the “outressed” scenario. Still the problem of AoE caps makes taking on 40 with 5-10 a losing proposition unless it’s 40 completely inept players.

5. I haven’t personally given much thought to making GvG an official game mode. Perhaps they’re worried it would compete with views for pro league. Perhaps they’re worried that officially supporting GvG as an official game mode would necessitate balance discussions centered around it which would even further complicate the balancing process. I’m only speculating though.

1&2 hardly will change, if they dont change how WvW works.
About point 3 guys dont forget that even AA that dont have a 5target cap, is also AOE, with 3 target cap, if anet changed the AA to be single instead of a sword hitting 3 players at once, would be less ticks for the system, we could expect much less lag and some skills could be changed to hit more targets, there is just way to much “free” AOE in the game.
By doying it this would make players be more clever by selecting who they need to atack, intead pick up aoe group and expect to steamroll

About GvG i would love to see the 8 man guild fights with ladder like gw1, not the watferfield and aoe spam colisons we have on WvW, imo game would be better if balanced for party of 8.

Sorry about the bad english.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)