Anet its time you take WvW seriously

in WvW

Posted by: PauloJr.6410

PauloJr.6410

This game has three modes: pvp, wvw, pve. I see devs addressing the concerns of players from both pve and pvp. Since launch hero pints have been reworked, pvp stronghold bugs addressed, balance patch for pvp performed. However, with respect to wvw, no devs seems to care about the feedback given on this game mode or bother to properly address them, simply put no responses are given to the problems pointed out. If there is any dev out there, do you guys realize that the wvw players pays the same amount for this game as everyone else? With that said, please give us some respect and properly address our concerns in the wvw section. It is starting to become really frustrating to see hundreds of post with concerns and no responses ever given. Since hot release, we have been having issues with population on the new bls, skill lags, heavy pve farm to get wvw upgrades, cannon laser event unplayable and so many more. Now, I ask which of those have you guys bothered to take a look at or answer our concerns? This silence is making players like who have supported this game for 3 years now to start giving up on it. Show us some respect and at least give us some answers.

(edited by PauloJr.6410)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Maybe the devs are hiding from the WvW forums due to the intense backlash, verbally abusive, extreme saltiness and nasty, unhelpful, non-constructive feedback players seem to be giving them.

Not saying your post is laden with nasty things, in fact, it is quite civil and reasonable – I too, share similar thoughts and seek concrete answers… But sadly when the player base can only spew “this content is bad” and demand it to be addressed then no wonder we/those posts don’t get looked at.

A better attempt would be “this content is bad because X, it could be fixed by doing X ect” I believe these are the constructive questions/feedback ANet wants to see/will listen to but sadly many players resort to flame and aggrivation thus we get no where.

However, even though there is quite a handful of good/legitimate feedback, it is puzzling to see such silence from the devs and probes further questions… “Do they even listen to us or furthermore, care?”

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

It’s a bit concerning and as time goes on I’m just not buying this “people are pveing and guilds are building up their halls” Any true wvwer pukes at the thought of pveing.

I tried roaming for three hours tonight, 3 measly engagements……just three. I tried EB for a bit and the enemy bls.

Something is wrong here. I’m trying to give the bls a chance and roam as I normally do but holy hell this is quite boring, the current state is driving me away. I’m not sure if it is my style of play in solo roaming but just can’t get into the zerg ball mentality. Everyone seems to hang in EB in T3 currently with little roaming. I get the whole guild raid thing but good lord this can’t be more blatantly obvious the mode is blah.

I pvp’d for the first time tonight, that was sorta fun but just didn’t have that surprise wvw factor. I just like that feeling of running alone in the enemy bls or deep into enemy territory in eb with the unknown feeling of what is to come.

Just not sure what to do with myself anymore trying not to be impatient being it’s only 2 weeks after HoT but new bls? Ghost land? Doesn’t seem good IMO

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

To be fair, they did add Flax seeds and fibers to the gathering nodes. Granted, they made the nodes give less mats overall, but at least it’s possible to inch towards one’s flax needs at a reasonable WvW pace.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Besides the quite negative attitude towards anet I think one of the biggest factors is time.
Many problems that are being named take a very long time to be fixed properly.. Like nightcap, population issues etc. WvW is so complex that the devs can never know if what they are working on will be fine with all the other things together. They could say “we are working on this” and just not find the right solution for 2 years. Then everyone would freak out because the devs “promised” it. For every topic we have at least 10 different ideas from players in these forums. If they look here they have to code and test all these different approaches, and then 3 or 4 solutions for a single problem have to work together as well.
Nobody can foresee how long this will take. Unfortunately.
And ofc we don’t know how much work they did in the past at all.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Maybe the devs are hiding from the WvW forums due to the intense backlash, verbally abusive, extreme saltiness and nasty, unhelpful, non-constructive feedback players seem to be giving them.

Not saying your post is laden with nasty things, in fact, it is quite civil and reasonable – I too, share similar thoughts and seek concrete answers… But sadly when the player base can only spew “this content is bad” and demand it to be addressed then no wonder we/those posts don’t get looked at.

A better attempt would be “this content is bad because X, it could be fixed by doing X ect” I believe these are the constructive questions/feedback ANet wants to see/will listen to but sadly many players resort to flame and aggrivation thus we get no where.

However, even though there is quite a handful of good/legitimate feedback, it is puzzling to see such silence from the devs and probes further questions… “Do they even listen to us or furthermore, care?”

There is a lot of constructive feedback and no answer… Don’t think that all player are only here to attack the dev…. There are many suggestion, explanation but no response…
Stop with this to say that the dev didn’t answer because we are all angry…. We are angry because no answer…

Do you think it’s a normal dev process to publish the new map with the WP available even if the structure is not of your color ? Ok fixed after few days…
Do you find ok that the south doly for UC is just dying in flamme before reaching the gate ? The doly go directly in the fire ! He don’t even try to go on the bridge… kitten , some testing about that before publishing the map ? And no answer from anet and no patch ofc..
Same for the south doly from palace, this one don’t even spawn… Game is made about dolly reaching keep, and the side keep have only 1 because the other don’t work…

I have explain a multiple time now why wvw is going to die, but no answer.
Maybe if anet can explain the new choice, maybe we can understand why they have made that… But nop… We see no one…

Then stop defending anet and say that’s the people fault if the dev don’t speak here.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Which would be mostly due to the game-breaking destruction of the gameplay mode we all love and unhelpful, non-constructive silence of developer neglect.

People will always complain about how something isnt perfect according to them, but at least developers should strive to always improve their game overall. WvW is not better now than it was a month ago. Quite the opposite. The new map is broken, the autoupgrades is a failure and the cost for guild upgrades in WvW is absolutely ridiculous.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Which would be mostly due to the game-breaking destruction of the gameplay mode we all love and unhelpful, non-constructive silence of developer neglect.

People will always complain about how something isnt perfect according to them, but at least developers should strive to always improve their game overall. WvW is not better now than it was a month ago. Quite the opposite. The new map is broken, the autoupgrades is a failure and the cost for guild upgrades in WvW is absolutely ridiculous.

this very much. also we did tell them at beta that this map was very bad for wvw and that there was too much pve in there. even at beta map got boring. did they listen? no. they wanted to force this map through and it backfired

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

I already made this thread. No response from Anet. But hey, they reply in the ‘guide to the kitten new map thread’.
Perhaps we should name the thread “New BL changed my life – I feel complete now” so that they start reading.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Besides the quite negative attitude towards anet I think one of the biggest factors is time.

1- They’ve had 3 years to address all the WvW concerns
2- Yes the majority of the WvW community is negative for a very good reason, see above.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Nonvo.3429

Nonvo.3429

pve gets new maps and good rewards (new legendaries)
oh yea they did nerf dungeon rewards (balancing wooo)

spvp gets a new map and mode and still great rewards

wvw gets a new map no one wants to actually play on and oh yea salvageable badge equipments and removes the benefits of playing in wvw, i almost forgot now we can farm mats in wvw for pve items again(much luv)

3 yrs + xpack still no love, you still asking?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The problem is, there’s some very vocal regulars (myself included, you too), who ask for changes — in fact, there are some guilds who band together to spam a topic nonstop in order to garner attention to a change/fix/suggestion. Social engineering for change.

Anet implemented some of these suggestions in the past, and then there was an equally loud backlash over the change. There’s a lot of gaming going on sadly.

Some have tried to readdress how they post and tone down the vitriol, I’ve seen it happen, but for each of those folks trying, there’s 10 who are just yelling nonstop.

So my best guess is that they make a change, and then sit back a couple months to see how the change is used/affected — since responding quickly and making changes in year 1 here saw massive reaction. In fact, you know WvWers, any change elicits the same kind of crazed reaction. And for us here, usually one change is forgotten about the minute something else takes its place as the target of rant. ADHD

And given this mode of play has been manipulated by personal agendas in the past — (see guilds spamming one topic nonstop, gaming the server rankings, gaming the population caps, etc …) — they have to err on the more conservative side for responses/reactions now.

Heck, they had to implement changes to stop stacking servers because the players wouldn’t do it themselves (some still don’t want to, lol) — so in effect, Anet has to act like parents.

I suppose they can update this forum in parental mode — and just tell everyone they’re grounded

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

And given this mode of play has been manipulated by personal agendas in the past — (see guilds spamming one topic nonstop, gaming the server rankings, gaming the population caps, etc …) — they have to err on the more conservative side for responses/reactions now.

Heck, they had to implement changes to stop stacking servers because the players wouldn’t do it themselves (some still don’t want to, lol) — so in effect, Anet has to act like parents.

I suppose they can update this forum in parental mode — and just tell everyone they’re grounded

Well put. I think we can be the grown-ups here and try to have a little patience. In the meantime I suggest people find elements they enjoy doing in whatever game mode and maybe take a little break from the forums. I love seeing how much we all care about our favorite part of the game (WvW) but I think the points about the new maps flaws have been well made and more new threads on the same issues are probably not really all that helpful. By all means keep some of the more in depth discussions bumped but 10 new threads about the same broken daily issue in one week might be a bit extreme.

By the way Janye, did you know your inbox is full?

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Jayne.9251

By the way Janye, did you know your inbox is full?

Yes, I have some cherished memories that I can’t bear to delete from there lol. So I’m full.

My in game email should be ok tho

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

The problem is, there’s some very vocal regulars (myself included, you too), who ask for changes — in fact, there are some guilds who band together to spam a topic nonstop in order to garner attention to a change/fix/suggestion. Social engineering for change.

Anet implemented some of these suggestions in the past, and then there was an equally loud backlash over the change. There’s a lot of gaming going on sadly.

Some have tried to readdress how they post and tone down the vitriol, I’ve seen it happen, but for each of those folks trying, there’s 10 who are just yelling nonstop.

So my best guess is that they make a change, and then sit back a couple months to see how the change is used/affected — since responding quickly and making changes in year 1 here saw massive reaction. In fact, you know WvWers, any change elicits the same kind of crazed reaction. And for us here, usually one change is forgotten about the minute something else takes its place as the target of rant. ADHD

No, none of this.

Stacking servers, people fed up with being ignored and lousy service, that’s all responses to incentives. The game rewards people for zerging, it rewards for transferring to higher tiers (at least it now locks them out of full servers). That’s the thing ArenaNet built. We’re all just playing the game as it is.

Someone goes to PvE and makes a ton of gold in an hour, progress to legendaries and guild halls and whatever else. Someone goes to WvW, spends 20s in food buffs and then has them run out before they fight another player. There’s someone else in Edge of the Mists flipping objectives for free. Someone in WvW does something hard like fight outmanned for an hour and gets a repair bill. PvP, switch builds and get good at them for free! That’s the game.

The service in the WvW section is pretty awful. It’s always been. We’re not children, we’re adults that recognize the service for what it is. ArenaNet can hide like you think it should or it should get things done. Credit where it is due and only where it is due.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

When customers are left to wonder why they have spent the money they have (and a lot of wvw players continue to spend money to buy gems, to convert into gold……because you really cant make that gold in wvw), and then be ignored for 3 yrs by devs, its hard to not be salty.

PvP and PvE are addressed CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY. WvW is, and has always been, ignored.

Sure, we got a new map. All the complaints happening now were very verbally said during the beta weekends. It seems like they ignored all of them and just didnt care.

How do you expect the wvw customers to stay satisfied, and stay part of a product when the retailers is ignoring our 1/3 of the customer base? Why should we continue to be nice, or constructive? We’ve tried that for years, that didnt work then. Why do you think it would work now? Have you seen the dozens of “constructive feedback” posts that have been made about the new system and the maps? How many dev responses did they get?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

No, none of this.

Stacking servers, people fed up with being ignored and lousy service, that’s all responses to incentives. The game rewards people for zerging, it rewards for transferring to higher tiers (at least it now locks them out of full servers). That’s the thing ArenaNet built. We’re all just playing the game as it is.

Oh c’mon now. Have a bit of accountability.

That’s like blaming McDonald’s for gaining weight.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

As if the dev team doesnt deserve any of those… respect is earned not given, look at many of the elite specialization like Robert Gee that received many thanks for the gamers, same cant be said of the WvW team (if there’s even one in existence). When a dev understands the needs and wants of the community and reflect in their work, that’s when respect and love are given, unfortunately I dont think that will ever happen here.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

what are you talking about, the Devs are ON IT in WvW. Nerfing the gathering nodes was critical. If you were out there on the maps when those nodes going wacky, well it was quite game breaking let me tell ya…

but to be honest, as I have posted before, I don’t think there is any evidence that negative posting has any impact on the number of Dev posts in the WvW forums, well perhaps except in the case of Grouch… ROFLMAO Golem event FTW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

As if the dev team doesnt deserve any of those… respect is earned not given, look at many of the elite specialization like Robert Gee that received many thanks for the gamers, same cant be said of the WvW team (if there’s even one in existence). When a dev understands the needs and wants of the community and reflect in their work, that’s when respect and love are given, unfortunately I dont think that will ever happen here.

I’ve heard that they answer questions on Twitter, Facebook and reddit.

Perhaps WvW players should abandon official forum and move to social media.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

If PvE, sPvP and WvW were a set of triplets, and devs their parents:

Devs: Hey kids it’s your birthday, come get your presents!
PvE,sPvP: Yay!
Devs: OK PvE here’s your present, it;s the biggest present of all, cos I like you so much!
PvE: Yay!
Devs: OK sPvP, you still arent doing so well with getting esports up an running, so you get this smaller, not as good present.
sPvP: OK.
PvE, sPvP: Yay, lets go play with our new toys
WvW: Where’s my present?
[silence]

Next year, the same again

WvW: Where’s my present? I didnt get one last year either.
Devs: (sigh) Fine. [Steps outside and comes back in] Here, now shut up and leave me alone! [Hands WvW a rock]
WvW: What’s this?
Devs: That’s it, I am fed up with your complaining, you’re grounded! Why cant you be more like PvE.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The problem is, there’s some very vocal regulars (myself included, you too), who ask for changes — in fact, there are some guilds who band together to spam a topic nonstop in order to garner attention to a change/fix/suggestion. Social engineering for change

I actually rarely post threads, I mostly comment on how completely unrealistic ideas is and suggest something far simpler, lol.

But yes, there are vocal regulars. Its a forum, its supposed to buzz. Anet isnt meant to take everything and throw it haphazardly into WvW, but as I said they are supposed to make it better overall. Pretty much everyone agree that its not. Some neat additions, many more awful design choices.

It would be nice to at least see some kind of action plan, no matter how small. Throw us a bone. Give us hope. Look through the road ahead for 2015 and do a search for “WvW”. Guess what you find? One single instance. And its not even about WvW!

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

No, none of this.

Oh c’mon now. Have a bit of accountability.

That’s like blaming McDonald’s for gaining weight.

It’s like blaming McDonald’s for having a server that is busy texting their BFF while you’re trying to make an order.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

This game has three modes: pvp, wvw, pve. I see devs addressing the concerns of players from both pve and pvp. Since launch hero pints have been reworked, pvp stronghold bugs addressed, balance patch for pvp performed. However, with respect to wvw, no devs seems to care about the feedback given on this game mode or bother to properly address them, simply put no responses are given to the problems pointed out. If there is any dev out there, do you guys realize that the wvw players pays the same amount for this game as everyone else? With that said, please give us some respect and properly address our concerns in the wvw section. It is starting to become really frustrating to see hundreds of post with concerns and no responses ever given. Since hot release, we have been having issues with population on the new bls, skill lags, heavy pve farm to get wvw upgrades, cannon laser event unplayable and so many more. Now, I ask which of those have you guys bothered to take a look at or answer our concerns? This silence is making players like who have supported this game for 3 years now to start giving up on it. Show us some respect and at least give us some answers.

In my opinion, this is precisely the kind of uninformative complaint pot that got use here in the first place.

If your are going to make several broad complaints, unless you offer reasonable suggestions that a large portion of the community can agree too, all your doing is aimlessly demanding changes to things. That is what got us the changes we have now, that posters are unhappy with. Unless you detail how you want them to change, then in my opinion, you are literally being part of the problem, and not the solution, while potentially making things worse.

It’s a bit concerning and as time goes on I’m just not buying this “people are pveing and guilds are building up their halls” Any true wvwer pukes at the thought of pveing.

Well I enjoy some of the world events and bosses. I believe you are being very dishonest to claim to speak for those who play WvW.

I spend 90% of my time in WvW, but I do not hate PvW,as well, I enjoy PvP.

I have explain a multiple time now why wvw is going to die, but no answer.
Maybe if anet can explain the new choice, maybe we can understand why they have made that… But nop… We see no one…

You appear to confuse subjective opinion with actual objective fact.

You have simply explained what you think in why WvW is dying. Whether or not it is dying is up for debate for that matter. I do not blame devs for not making post, when posters actually think their opinions are fact, and demand a response.

pve gets new maps and good rewards (new legendaries)
oh yea they did nerf dungeon rewards (balancing wooo)

Are those legendaries somehow banned from WvW?

wvw gets a new map no one wants to actually play on and oh yea salvageable badge equipments and removes the benefits of playing in wvw, i almost forgot now we can farm mats in wvw for pve items again(much luv)

If no body wants new maps, then why were there so many threads demanding new, larger maps?

Had some great 3 way battle on the BLs last night when everyone was fighting over the event. It was a pretty good time.

It seems that event can draw everyone to the center of the map for a good fight. Then you see the 2 sides that didn’t win the event, rush back to defend the keeps for even more fights.

It was kind of nice to see 2 BLs full to a queue last night at 10:00 pm.

One complaint I see a lot that I do agree with completely, is that I dislike the auto upgrade system. Rather then delete the idea completely though, I would prefer to see the yak dependence severely increased.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

WvW has been made much worse, especially for low population servers. I’m wondering what Anet had against roamers? Between the huge maps, the auto upgrading, the tougher lords, and nerfing guild catas, roaming has been totally destroyed. All of the BLs are completely empty now; alot of us took great pride and had lots of fun defending our home turf in small groups, but now the whole place seems to run itself without human intervention, and you can’t defend anything anyways since you can’t find an attacker to save your life, and cant get there in time if you could find them.

EB is still ok, but overall population is down because… grinding. Now let’s talk about WvW guild upgrade costs….

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Many problems that are being named take a very long time to be fixed properly.. Like nightcap, population issues etc. WvW is so complex that the devs can never know if what they are working on will be fine with all the other things together. They could say “we are working on this” and just not find the right solution for 2 years. Then everyone would freak out because the devs “promised” it. For every topic we have at least 10 different ideas from players in these forums. If they look here they have to code and test all these different approaches, and then 3 or 4 solutions for a single problem have to work together as well.
Nobody can foresee how long this will take. Unfortunately.
And ofc we don’t know how much work they did in the past at all.

This would not prevent them from having a dialouge with us about our concerns and listen to what we say and let us hear what they have to say. This respect is given in pve and pvp, why do us wvw player’s not deserve the same respect?

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

To those who are saying we need to grow up and be patient.

3 years we’ve been patient 3 god kitten years and continue to ignore the entire community.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

To be fair, they did add Flax seeds and fibers to the gathering nodes. Granted, they made the nodes give less mats overall, but at least it’s possible to inch towards one’s flax needs at a reasonable WvW pace.

Have you seen the flax seed requriements?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

PvE is where the money is. PvE people spend real money to get gems to have the latest shiny objects. They will grind for hours to get an item, keeping them busy for months on end. SPvP has real-world tournaments and money associated with it. WvW—nothing. We don’t want the latest costume (with lag many of us turn the graphics down) or coolest pet, we want random combat. Some want huge fights, others want small group fights. Either way, we spend very little in the way of money. WvW was designed to keep us busy when we ran out of PvE content. If you think I am on the wrong track; look at EoTM.

EoTM was added as a way for people to keep busy WHILE waiting in queue for WvW. They couldn’t increase the population of WvW BLs so they give us a pve like environment to keep us from logging out and going to another game.
To continue that trend they turn the BLs into EoTM like maps, leaving only EB as the traditional map with, I am told, very long queues.

To get people ‘used’ to pve, they force WvW centric players to farm mats so they can then have WvW advantages. They change the mechanics so that objects in WvW require 0 care and attention. You flip something and auto-pilot takes over.

If you watch the progression of WvW over the last 3 years, you are correct. It is the last area to get any updates/patches/improvements/balance. They don’t want it. It is a money sink.

There will be the people who do not like the changes and will leave (I haven’t played for over a month now. I’ve found another game to occupy my time and will not be coming back). You can ask Anet to change things back or make certain changes, but what makes you think they will listen this time?

The owners of the game believe this is the right direction for the game to head. We as players know what we like, but that is not always what is profitable or what the game owners want to do. If they are correct, then there will be a larger influx of players who like this new system than those that leave. If they are wrong, then this game will disappear like so many before them.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

We’ve been telling them to take WvW seriously since launch, they refuse to do it. They did when they had some market competition with ESO, but since that game tanked and most of the players returned, they seem to have stopped caring once again. Though, when they did care we got EoTM so…. there’s that.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

In my opinion, this is precisely the kind of uninformative complaint pot that got use here in the first place.

If your are going to make several broad complaints, unless you offer reasonable suggestions that a large portion of the community can agree too, all your doing is aimlessly demanding changes to things. That is what got us the changes we have now, that posters are unhappy with. Unless you detail how you want them to change, then in my opinion, you are literally being part of the problem, and not the solution, while potentially making things worse.

OK, so….. Suggestions should be detailed, reasonable, and informative? I agree, which is why I tried that here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Beside-bug-lag-Bal-how-to-improve-WvW/first#post3024534

And in the CDI: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/Collaborative-Development-World-Population/page/11#post3127179

And here, with a Dev post directly after it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Three-Likes-Three-Hates/page/3#post3550372

And here, and someone even included a picture for them to work from: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/I-think-WvW-needs-more-updates/first#post3921113

And a mention here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Three-Likes-Three-Hates/page/4#post3555006

And another mention here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Serious-zerg-question-for-REAL-discussion/first#post3678370

And after HoT launched, the same exact thing here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Constructive-Feedback-Desert-Borderlands/page/2#post5700665

And here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Like-or-Dislike-new-WvW-Bordelands/page/4#post5701734

And for bonus points, here’s where I gave them a couple responses they could just copy/paste to use to address the community: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Our-Community-1/page/3#post3939227

There was no anger or vitriol being spewed at them. It was “Here’s the problem. Here’s why it’s a problem. Here’s how to fix it. Here’s why that fix will work.” several times, once even with pictures included and…… nuthin’.

Not only that, but then they went and dropped this doozy here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/essential-elements-of-the-new-borderlands/ where they claimed, before HoT launched, that the WvW maps would have a more strategic layout. The very first line under that heading is “We’ve made towers more strategically important.” Then state that they’re no longer “isolated landmarks for invaders to easily sidestep” yet…… that’s precisely what the new towers are. Isolated landmarks for invaders to easily sidestep. On the old maps, they had minor strategic relevance. On the new maps, they have zero strategic relevance. The reality is the exact opposite from how they advertised it would be. So either they’re actively shooting themselves, and WvW, in the foot, or their grasp of strategy is so bad that they’ll never actually have the ability to create anything of positive value for WvW. It’s backwards thinking at the most basic, fundamental level. Until they do a complete 180 with their entire mindset, all the way down to the very basic core principles, they’re always only going to be able to produce extremely pretty massive failures. Their art team does a good job. Their design team….. not so much.

Attachments:

(edited by Phantom.8130)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It would be nice to at least see some kind of action plan, no matter how small. Throw us a bone. Give us hope. Look through the road ahead for 2015 and do a search for “WvW”. Guess what you find? One single instance. And its not even about WvW!

I would actually love to see a schedule, and I’m pretty sure they have one, but the minute they post anything, it becomes locked in concrete — first the OMG THIS WILL NEVER WORK (before I even tried it) posts, then if they miss a deadline .. well, you know.

I DO get that people who love this game mode can get an idea if something will work or not, but there’s almost an instant (and stubborn) NO to anything new. I mean look at the freakout over the stealth fountain in SM, and now we get live and we learn it will take forever for any guild to upgrade to get that (and isn’t worth it really).

In a perfect adult world, they could release a schedule of proposed changes, have some dialogue about it (where they listen too and not just stubbornly plow ahead — that’s something I’d love to see changed a bit, a bit more flexibility rather than after-the-fact reaction), so that, in effect, the changes aren’t so traumatizing to this particular community who loathes change. But wants change. But doesn’t want change.