Anet, pay attention to WvW ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: brakheart.1407

brakheart.1407

Why does Anet have to always focus on pve and screw (over and over and over again) WvW like they have been doing since the game launched?
Every single piece of trash update has come with a lot of pve and expansion stuff and slowly but surely their messing up the little wvw community that’s left in the game.

Is it their goal to leave this game only playable for pve fans?

Edit: Fix the error bug asap. Game is unplayable. Specially in WvW.

Acerot – Baruch Bay [ES]
Proud warrior from The Bullfighters [BuLL]

(edited by brakheart.1407)

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

The last balance patch was for wvw.
PvE (Raids) got screwed over by it.

You really are out of touch with what’s going on..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Really? What, exactly? The slight Boon sharing nerf? Necro axe “buffs”? How was the latest balance patch for WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Really? What, exactly? The slight Boon sharing nerf? Necro axe “buffs”? How was the latest balance patch for WvW?

the mesmer and revenant nerfs were both focused around wvw and completely destroyed rev’s rule in raiding but gave mesmers a extra one in return. that nerf was uncalled for in raids yet happened thanks to wvw.

im bad at sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

To be fair, there has only been ONE change made purely for the needs of PvE in the entire history of GW2, and that was the FGS nerf.

Every single other balance pass has been based on PvP or WvW.

Take your entitlement elsewhere, OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

To be fair, there has only been ONE change made purely for the needs of PvE in the entire history of GW2, and that was the FGS nerf.

And maybe the ice bow nerf.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

And Ice Bow 50% damage nerf.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The boon sharing was out of hands in WvW and needed to be addressed. Putting a cap on stacking was unavoidable.
The change also affected the (compared to other professions) dominance of boon shares in Raid parties – which were due to abilities of Chronos & Revs/Heralds.
The abundance of boons from many of the new professions since HoT came out is a big power creep issue in the game, just look at people saying the Halloween Labyrinth was too easy although nothing had changed .

The OP is right though, that WvW needs polish, fun, adequate rewards and a vision for the future. PvE & PvP are far ahead on all of these aspects.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The developers HAVE been paying attention to WvW, unless you were asleep for the the past few patch cycles. Every single patch since summer has contained significant WvW-minded contributions and adjustments.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Seriously who cares about winning in WvW anyway? Everytime I’m in WvW no one takes it seriously and everyone runs in a main zerg with a commander to conquer castles etc to get xp and some rewards. It’s not like they play WvW to win and just obliterate the other worlds.

WvW is a joke so stop trying to balance it when it doesn’t needs balancing.

in WvW

abaddon.3290

Seriously who cares about winning in WvW anyway? Everytime I’m in WvW no one takes it seriously and everyone runs in a main zerg with a commander to conquer castles etc to get xp and some rewards. It’s not like they play WvW to win and just obliterate the other worlds.

honestly the way i see wvw is no skill just numbers. your 1 endure pain doesnt matter when your surrounded by 20 people or more.

im bad at sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

honestly the way i see wvw is no skill just numbers. your 1 endure pain doesnt matter when your surrounded by 20 people or more.

Indeed, the people with the biggest numbers win. You are not going to win a 6vs10 in WvW.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Why does Anet have to always focus on pve and screw (over and over and over again) WvW like they have been doing since the game launched?
Every single piece of trash update has come with a lot of pve and expansion stuff and slowly but surely their messing up the little wvw community that’s left in the game.

Lol you stepped into the wrong sub forum with this post, pve players have no sympathy for wvw or spvp. Wvw is done, cannons and it’s bugs were another great example.

For the record, wvw didn’t screw up revs or raiding, anet screwed up on balancing, failing to keep balance in check from new stuff introduced with the expansion.

The game has pvp, it’s balanced around pvp for a reason, you can hand a class 50k damage skills which is great fun for pve, but obviously not balanced in pvp. It’s better to balance skills to the other player classes and then adjust npcs in pve to those classes. Maybe when they figure out and fully implement skill separation they will boost pve to dream number levels.

In the meantime, don’t worry your raid will still be on farm status and you’ll be getting your legendaries soon™.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

abaddon.3290

Lol you stepped into the wrong sub forum with this post, pve players have no sympathy for wvw or spvp. Wvw is done, cannons and it’s bugs were another great example.

For the record, wvw didn’t screw up revs or raiding, anet screwed up on balancing, failing to keep balance in check from new stuff introduced with the expansion.

The game has pvp, it’s balanced around pvp for a reason, you can hand a class 50k damage skills which is great fun for pve, but obviously not balanced in pvp. It’s better to balance skills to the other player classes and then adjust npcs in pve to those classes. Maybe when they figure out and fully implement skill separation they will boost pve to dream number levels.

In the meantime, don’t worry your raid will still be on farm status and you’ll be getting your legendaries soon™.

complains about people having no sympathy for areas of the game they dont play. goes on to do the exact same thing.

im bad at sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

o.0 FGS was OP in PvE at some point?

in WvW

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes . . . majorly. Fiery rush specifically.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Pre nerf, you could use #4 (with no target) into a wall and it would cause a bunch of fiery fields to pop in the same spot, causing any stacked foe to melt in seconds.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Pre nerf, you could use #4 (with no target) into a wall and it would cause a bunch of fiery fields to pop in the same spot, causing any stacked foe to melt in seconds.

That was a buggy burst option in WvW too. It was nerfed for all gamemodes

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Indeed, the people with the biggest numbers win. You are not going to win a 6vs10 in WvW.

Always amusing to see pve players discussing wvw, especially when they say wvw takes no skill as if this games pve want designed to be easy mode to attract causal players.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Lol what? What kind of setup are you running? Want to talk about no skills, which is just about 90% of pve, 100 people afk auto attacking one target. Try running an actual competitive build designed for pvp/wvw and maybe using TS sometime. Then tell me its no skill compared to pve. Also just an fyi, dont confuse EOTM with actual WvW mkay?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

The devs who originally worked on WvW have all left.

Devon the WvW team leader, posted on reddit after he left anet that he hadnt worked on WvW AT ALL in the last 9 months before he left!

WvW polls are just QoL options where the options are
A Disaster
The Worst Thing Ever!
Lesser of Two evils

Basically nothing which will fix WvW, just options to keep the new players who havent been here since launch and dont realise that Anet are just repeating the same old thing to keep players in WvW in the hopes some of the buy gems in order to move servers!

There again, why do we need to buy gems to move server when they have destroyed servers for PvE, and even starting to merge WvW servers?!

Anet won pay attentions, cos they have no idea what they are doing for PvE, so forget about WvW!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Anet has been paying attention to WvW. ANet also been making their presence loudy heard in WvW. over the past 2 months alone I’ve seen many different ANet devs, join in the WvW raids and such. ANet devs have even captured keeps to make sure WvWers see that the Devs are giving them some attention. ANet has been trying to make WvW good again.

However when the WvW community just goes against ANet’s balance at every turn. Who fault is it then. Honestly I have to say it’s both parties fault more so the WvW communities fault for just taking advantage of the loop holes in the system. Also ANet’s fault for allowing such loopholes to exist in the first place. But again no one is forcing WvW guilds and communities to abuse the living hell out of mechanics that’s been over looked by the devs.

At the moment from my opinion there are only two disasters in WvW atm. (Bandwagoners, and Omni-Blobbing) Both are the cause of players just trying to get a unfair advantage over their enemies, in what ever way they can find. So quit saying ANet doesn’t pay attention to WvW when they clearly are. I again also blame most of the problems on the WvW community at large. For getting to lazy to learn how to play the game. Instead they keep coming up with quick and easy ways to exploit the system to gain a unfair advantage over their enemy servers. Then cry wolf to the devs. Lol

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Lol what? What kind of setup are you running? Want to talk about no skills, which is just about 90% of pve, 100 people afk auto attacking one target. Try running an actual competitive build designed for pvp/wvw and maybe using TS sometime. Then tell me its no skill compared to pve. Also just an fyi, dont confuse EOTM with actual WvW mkay?

Easy he might talking about WvW for the lower tier’s perspective. If that is the case, as from some one who has seen kitten T4 WvW yes in the lower tiers depending on which server you on. They may actually have no skill and organization at all, and only use TS to yell and joke around with other players. For the most part these server’s only tactic is to out number your enemy or not play at all.

On the other hand in the higher tier since all of the servers mostly have around the same number of population, tactics and strategy also come into play alot more. So I do see what sophiewhite.3149 is saying from a personal point of view. More so as a solo non Thief/Mesmer solo roamer. Most players will not even take a fight and run unless they completely outnumber you and have the deck fully stacked in their favor. Which really takes little to no skill at all to call for alot of backup or a zerg to help you kill one solo roamer.(Or in most cases to win with 3 to 1 odds/numbers over your enemies.)

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Anet has been paying attention to WvW. ANet also been making their presence loudy heard in WvW. over the past 2 months alone I’ve seen many different ANet devs, join in the WvW raids and such. ANet devs have even captured keeps to make sure WvWers see that the Devs are giving them some attention. ANet has been trying to make WvW good again.

However when the WvW community just goes against ANet’s balance at every turn. Who fault is it then.

Yeah guys you’re suppose to forget the 4 years of neglect, they’re trying really hard to make wvw good with broken untested cannons, can’t you all be happy and just pay more transfer fees?.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

if numbers win tell me how yak is back in T1?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You mean nerfs, not balance.

Going to metabattle, the powers that be saw that the boon share meta was very popular ergo, not “play as you want” again and nerfed to the ground.

Not just mesmers and necros, you have to put revenants in there as well as any other nerfs such as longbow on druid, one of the skills was changed without ever mentioning it anywhere I can find.

There has been no “balance” for WvW. None. I can go to metabattle in two months like anyone else and say “hey, that’s too powerful, we need to nerf that” and not even worry about real balance.

The lack of mathematical acumen in any game production seems to be a very serious issue and one that can’t be ignored much longer.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

The developers HAVE been paying attention to WvW, unless you were asleep for the the past few patch cycles. Every single patch since summer has contained significant WvW-minded contributions and adjustments.

Please let me know about these so called positive updates for WvW these last few patches! What is positive about them? They Nerfed things. That is about it.

in WvW

Posted by: greyseer.1806

greyseer.1806

I think you meant Insignificant.
-Xhondoh

in WvW

X T D.6458

I think you meant Insignificant.
-Xhondoh

That’s not really fair, they have made a ton of good changes to WvW in the last several months. It is just lately the subject of the polls (siege, dbl etc), and the way they have been implementing server linking has been causing a lot of issues. But that doesnt mean they haven’t made a lot of progress. Just look over the update notes over the last several months.

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Why r the changes so insignificant? Why not balance classes properly just IN WVW that would make most people happy

in WvW

X T D.6458

Why r the changes so insignificant? Why not balance classes properly just IN WVW that would make most people happy

Profession balance is done by a different department, and quite honestly they are terrible at it. The core of the problem is that they do not properly separate balancing between game modes.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

They balance between the 2 accepted game modes, PvE and PvP. WvW is no longer considered the PvE endgame. Gold farm and grind is the new end game wewt!

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Not really, for the duration of this game balance has basically gone like this – PvP > PvE > WvW, with the first 3 years being completely dominated by PvP (and it still is, just to a lesser extent), then they added raids and wrecked the combat system to make it work in that, then have made numerous changes for PvE, there were more changes for PvE in the last “WvW focused patch” than WvW (just as there have been in every patch since HoT), or perhaps you think they buffed for example bombs on engy on the basis a slow weapon that is useless in WvW is going to come into use because of a bit more damage, and that it was not in fact for PvE where bomb kit is used.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

the mesmer and revenant nerfs were both focused around wvw and completely destroyed rev’s rule in raiding but gave mesmers a extra one in return. that nerf was uncalled for in raids yet happened thanks to wvw.

Oh guess what sherlock they also didn’t ask for lich Minions to be nerfed even though they were clearly broken. Why would these dps fetishists ask for anything that ruins their precious damage anyways? Not gonna happen so that is far from being a valid argument.

To be fair the stability change was probably for wvw only and any other gamemode could have lives quite well with the old version but the general neglect of wvw is still very obvious and has driven me further and further away from it.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Sorry to say but don’t come in here bashing on WvW if you know kitten about it. What’s funny is that those groups with the biggest numbers tend to have PvE players who are pugging just to get reward tracks or experience. Sometimes, a 15-20 man can destroy a 40 man group and why? Because they have players like you who think no skill are part of it.

You’re no hero in WvW so don’t think you’re going to become one by soloing zergs. Skills here come from team contribution and how you play your class in that team.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Sorry to say but don’t come in here bashing on WvW if you know kitten about it. What’s funny is that those groups with the biggest numbers tend to have PvE players who are pugging just to get reward tracks or experience. Sometimes, a 15-20 man can destroy a 40 man group and why? Because they have players like you who think no skill are part of it.

You’re no hero in WvW so don’t think you’re going to become one by soloing zergs. Skills here come from team contribution and how you play your class in that team.

I just play condi, my skill is awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

30% AA damage increase to the thief was purely for PvE.
As was the BF change for mesmer this last patch.
And Nerf to BV way back when since it ignored Defiance.
And the trait rework to war letting PS act as a support skill.
And the changes to health on ranger pets.

There are many more. These are the ones that I can just recall off the top of my head, coming from someone who doesn’t PvE.

You do not get to call WvW players entitled lmfao.
Poor loot, no unlocks, few achieves, cost-prohibitive gameplay, unfixed bugs, ignored suggestions, blatant neglect, no new features for four years, blatantly obvious failing of the community when launching HoT from the guild perspective, terrible class/profession gear balance (no removal of blatantly overpowered gear like dire/tb/perplexity/durability for the sole reason being PvE which got removed in sPvP), and PvP-targeted balance tweaks not affecting WvW… yea, WvW is so entitled, lol.

And real talk, the impact on PvE was negligible. Revenants/groups are overreacting, sorry. Theorycraft has been done that I’ve witnessed still proving a revenant is plenty useful/viable and provides near-identical or unparalleled support to other builds for the most part.

Basically, something super overpowered/absolutely mandated in PvE got nerfed (indirectly nerfing say, the thief, and indirectly buffing other professions, by the way), and everyone’s freaking out over nothing because they haven’t actually looked at the math.

Honestly, the impact of this change was rather insignificant for WvW as a whole, all things considered. They need to go further and massively nerf boon and CC accessibility.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No, but nearly all WvW content is about changing old systems, and that’s “more expensive” than implementing new systems, which they can do in PvE easily.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Actually it was thanks to Anet for creating that monster instead of balancing to begin with. I realize you would like to blame WvW for it but unfortunately WvW is not a Dev it does not create nor balance classes, that whole predicament was solely on the heads of Anet. They could have balanced Rev’s better from the start of HoT but it was their new shiny class and just like every other game out there they made the mistake of not balancing it so more people would play it.

You want to point fingers? point them at those that create the mess and are paid to balance and create the game. The entire meta was a mess for both PvE and WvW, PvE got lazy and relied to heavily on it just as WvW did.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

You want to point fingers? point them at those that create the mess and are paid to balance and create the game. The entire meta was a mess for both PvE and WvW, PvE got lazy and relied to heavily on it just as WvW did.

QFT
Trying to avoid PvE (players) entirely because the players think everything is that complicated. Has always kind of been the case but shortly before June 2015 players knew what combos were and how to use them. Now everything feels dumbed down.