Anet time to own up

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Spoon.6170

Spoon.6170

The new maps are very large. They are certainly designed for a much larger player cap than the current ones. This will kill WvW for the lower tiered servers. There is no way that anyone would design a map like this one with the intent of running it with the current server system in place. So what is it? Alliances? It has to be mostly finished and at a development point of no return, so why not tell and get some feedback before you send it out blind like the Golem week.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If they make WvW like EoTM, I will just stop playing it.

Half the beauty of WvW is creating and nurturing a team that you can rely on over time.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Half the beauty of WvW is creating and nurturing a team that you can rely on over time.

Its still WvW but the environment is more engaging like EoTM.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Hope you’re right. This server system is stupid.

[HUE]

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t find EoTM engaging.

You zone in, you don’t have your regular teammates, it’s a shuffle to see who you get each week, reliable folks you know you can count on to get stuff done are on another version of the map … this pretty much will be the death of scouting/cooperation/teamwork — and onward to mindless blobbing with random strangers.

Meh. No thanks.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It looks like the map is not suitable for WvW players anyway. It’s design obviously a continuation of the EotM failure.

Players can just choose to ignore it and focus on EB… which might be a good idea anyway because WvW populations are continuously decreasing anyway.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

You zone in, you don’t have your regular teammates, it’s a shuffle to see who you get each week, reliable folks you know you can count on to get stuff done are on another version of the map … this pretty much will be the death of scouting/cooperation/teamwork — and onward to mindless blobbing with random strangers.

Meh. No thanks.

I think when he said engaging he meant content wise. You’ll still have the same server and everything just like now, there’ll just be more stuff to do and activate there such as turning into a Hound of Balthazar for example is similar to the Kodan change in EOTM.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Lower T are already dead for wvw “fights” as are know in the higher T. The new maps are fine for ppt and “pve” wvwing.

It cant unless they add in overflow maps to the new BL. You can still kill ppl in EotM but the ppl who are there for pve can simply swap to a new OF map where the ppl who where killing them are not there. EotM is a good map for open field combat even ppt in its own way its the OF system that came with EotM killed the wvw factor of the map.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Meh. No thanks.

I think when he said engaging he meant content wise. You’ll still have the same server and everything just like now, there’ll just be more stuff to do and activate there such as turning into a Hound of Balthazar for example is similar to the Kodan change in EOTM.

Yes, exactly thank you. There is more content in the new borderlands than the Alpine maps.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

The new maps looks gorgous so many players will return to try it out

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Meh. No thanks.

Yes, exactly thank you. There is more content in the new borderlands than the Alpine maps.

Ok thank you. That makes me feel a bit better

I adore most of the people on my server, I’d hate to lose a single one of them to overflow.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

EoTM and engaging ?

The only thing EoTM does for me is bore me right to sleep.

There is never any combat, and on the off chance there is combat people moan and groan about how they can’t level or get karma.

Delete it, as it only harms the WvW atmosphere and maybe just maybe you’ll notice those borderlands aren’t as empty anymore.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

wvw isn’t about activating things and doing stuff….hello, that’s called pve and dungeons. instead of fixing the current wvw, anet seems fine with throwing bells and whistles at it. what else is new. people like shiny new stuff. it distracts from the crap that is the back drop.

and yes, after seeing some streams of the stress test, it looks like an even more pve version of eotm. why dont they add random pve crap into spvp…oh that’s right, cause it’s not pve

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The new maps looks gorgous so many players will return to try it out

Yep it sure does look great. I am not sure what to think about the lich keep, but the rest is awesome looking.
A little less pve and it would be a great map, it would make a better EB map but that’s just my opinion.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

wvw isn’t about activating things and doing stuff….hello, that’s called pve and dungeons. instead of fixing the current wvw, anet seems fine with throwing bells and whistles at it. what else is new. people like shiny new stuff. it distracts from the crap that is the back drop.

and yes, after seeing some streams of the stress test, it looks like an even more pve version of eotm. why dont they add random pve crap into spvp…oh that’s right, cause it’s not pve

How is WvW not about “activating things and doing stuff”? I’m guessing your not one of those poor people who dedicate time to their server and continually check up on all the things you own to make sure upgrade are running and you have a better chance of defending lol. Ante isn’t making it more like pve, they are making it more engaging! and there is nothing wrong with that. WvW is suppose to be a more war like battlefield and here’s the thing, war typically revolves around more than just two forces crashing head on into one another. It takes strategy and a different approach sometimes, and that’s what this is. This is adding new features to WvW to make it more like an ongoing battlefield where strategy actually matters and it’s not just most numbers win so if anything I would say this is an improvement to WvW.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I think it’s safe to say, if they make WvW like EotM it will be the fastest exodus in gaming history. Within 24 ours WvW will be extinct.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Then they won’t have to look for solutions

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I’d like to remind people that hate EoTM is that it is there for people other than yourself. If you don’t like it then just don’t play it..trying to impose your will on other people is wrong so please focus on what parts of the game you do play

Sincerly, Me.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I’d like to remind people that hate EoTM is that it is there for people other than yourself. If you don’t like it then just don’t play it..trying to impose your will on other people is wrong so please focus on what parts of the game you do play

Or something like “broken” by default because gw2 didn’t(present state) had much to offer besides pretty graphics/artwork.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Real WvW players don’t want this kitten map.

May I please see the credentials that authorize you to speak for all “real” WvW players? Or do you just consider yourself the only real WvW player?

I play WvW almost everyday. So i kinda know what the majority wants to do. Defending keeps, take keeps and ofc the battles. That’s what i meant by real WvW’ers. So yea, i’m pretty sure that the majority doesen’t like the PvE aspects of the new map.

The thing is is that they are gonna force the new map on us. They will add it into the rotation. So every other week we won’t be able to play on the old map. Just like they forced skyhammer on us they do with this map.

u didnt play gw1 right? There arent pve aspects of the map only obstacles that players dont want to come across.

Calling by it, it is like saying gw1 GvG maps are pve maps…. they had those virtually obstacles.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The mixing of pure PvE facets into WvW, and Anets desire to make WvW even more PvE-centric is disturbing to me. I don’t mind bloodlust, it’s good for havoc teams and solo roamers, but it seems that the new maps want to push WvW players into completing far too many PvE-type activities.

EotM could have been a pretty nice WvW map. That is a true WvW map, but something went horribly wrong. I really hope that the same thing that went wrong with EotM doesn’t infiltrate the new maps even more, and WvW as a whole even more, or else I, and many friends, will need to find a different game.

I play GW2 for dynamic fights against other players both large and smaller scale, not for completing tasks A,B and C prior to actually getting to fight other players.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

The mixing of pure PvE facets into WvW, and Anets desire to make WvW even more PvE-centric is disturbing to me. I don’t mind bloodlust, it’s good for havoc teams and solo roamers, but it seems that the new maps want to push WvW players into completing far too many PvE-type activities.

EotM could have been a pretty nice WvW map. That is a true WvW map, but something went horribly wrong. I really hope that the same thing that went wrong with EotM doesn’t infiltrate the new maps even more, and WvW as a whole even more, or else I, and many friends, will need to find a different game.

I play GW2 for dynamic fights against other players both large and smaller scale, not for completing tasks A,B and C prior to actually getting to fight other players.

The addition of PvE in WvW is not a bad thing. It helps to set a pace that would otherwise be completely player driven. The problem with completely player driven is that it relies on players and we have seen time and time again that players cannot be relied upon. What happens in WvW currently when the other team starts to win? The opposition stops showing up. With no PvE elements to slow the winners down and give the other sides a chance to get a foothold it will be pure domination. Pure domination hurts WvW population more than anything else period.

The original Alterac Valley in WoW was a great example of including PvE elements into PvP and it working. There was still tons of PvP, but the PvE set the pace and allowed for some real tactics. GW2 had a chance to include these elements with the centaur, quaagans, skritt, etc but utterly failed at giving them weight and tactical value.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

u didnt play gw1 right? There arent pve aspects of the map only obstacles that players dont want to come across.

Calling by it, it is like saying gw1 GvG maps are pve maps…. they had those virtually obstacles.

Can you walk around thos obstacles? No, it will be like in Edge of the Mist where you are walled out/in and have to do pve in order to get where you want. It annoyed me when i saw the collection thing you had to do with the NPC to. When so much evolves around PvE it get’s lame for the hardcore WvW players.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

The addition of PvE in WvW is not a bad thing. It helps to set a pace that would otherwise be completely player driven. The problem with completely player driven is that it relies on players and we have seen time and time again that players cannot be relied upon. What happens in WvW currently when the other team starts to win? The opposition stops showing up. With no PvE elements to slow the winners down and give the other sides a chance to get a foothold it will be pure domination. Pure domination hurts WvW population more than anything else period.

The original Alterac Valley in WoW was a great example of including PvE elements into PvP and it working. There was still tons of PvP, but the PvE set the pace and allowed for some real tactics. GW2 had a chance to include these elements with the centaur, quaagans, skritt, etc but utterly failed at giving them weight and tactical value.

The original AV was indeed amazing. 24 hour matches were awesome, but as always seems to happen, AV became a race to the lord, and matches became shorter and shorter, until you saw 40 ride by 40 on the way to the lord. Fighting became something the players avoided entirely, which somewhat resembles what EotM has become. Too much PvE in WvW is something to be avoided like the plague.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

And the opposite can be just as true. Too much PvE can make people feel like there isn’t enough competitive elements and just give others ways/reason to avoid actual risk.

Also, your example is a little faulty. It’s true that servers will stop trying when they’re loosing, but it’s not like it’s always been like that. Back during the first year and a half of the game, there was tons of times when servers tried hard and there was lots of comebacks and turn arounds. But after all these years of miniscule changes to the faulty WvW reward system, introduction of WvW tourneys for people to try hard in, and servers stabilizing their position in the tiers, people have lost any motivation in trying beyond stroking kitten.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Something NEEDS to be done ASAP.
I’m in UW and our wvw is dead. Compeltely, utterly and depressingly…

Please please please why are you ignoring the matter Anet?

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

Real WvW players don’t want this kitten map.

May I please see the credentials that authorize you to speak for all “real” WvW players? Or do you just consider yourself the only real WvW player?

I play WvW almost everyday. So i kinda know what the majority wants to do. Defending keeps, take keeps and ofc the battles. That’s what i meant by real WvW’ers. So yea, i’m pretty sure that the majority doesen’t like the PvE aspects of the new map.

Congratz, have a cookie. I’m in WvW almost every day of the week, often with guildmates, and yet here’s the difference between us. For one, I like the map and think it’ll be a cool change. Secondly, I’m not proclaiming myself to be a spokesperson for the WvW community. I’m in a primarily WvW guild on our server and me and many of my guildies are excited for the upcoming new map. Sure, we aren’t altogether sure about everything but we look forward to the new experience, which is why it annoys me when people like you take their own personal opinion and thrust it out there pretending to speak for everyone else. Either realize the point of games is to have a little fun and enjoy yourself, adapt and deal with it, or just stay in EB. Thank you~

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

not enough of us playing wvw anymore, probably. They need new players.

For the Toast!

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I’m willing to “try” anything, but if we don’t have regular steadfast teams I’m out. I don’t want to be mashed with a herd of strangers every time I log into the battlefield.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Congratz, have a cookie. I’m in WvW almost every day of the week, often with guildmates, and yet here’s the difference between us. For one, I like the map and think it’ll be a cool change. Secondly, I’m not proclaiming myself to be a spokesperson for the WvW community. I’m in a primarily WvW guild on our server and me and many of my guildies are excited for the upcoming new map. Sure, we aren’t altogether sure about everything but we look forward to the new experience, which is why it annoys me when people like you take their own personal opinion and thrust it out there pretending to speak for everyone else. Either realize the point of games is to have a little fun and enjoy yourself, adapt and deal with it, or just stay in EB. Thank you~

What if they remove EB, where are the real WvW’ers supposed to go? I’ll bet they will try to force the new map on everyone and not let us choose.

And FYI: not a single person on my server i’ve talked to likes the new map.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Moonlit.6421

What if they remove EB, where are the real WvW’ers supposed to go? I’ll bet they will try to force the new map on everyone and not let us choose.

And FYI: not a single person on my server i’ve talked to likes the new map.

Lol and why would they remove EB when it’s already been stated that some new content is being added to EB as well? Also on a side note I feel like your still struggling here with the concept of "real WvW’ers for some reason.

Hoping you’ve only talked to a very small group of people on your server then, and not that your server is just full of people unwilling to change in any way bc if that’s the case you might have a strong EB presence but your BL’s are gonna be slaughtered lol.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

if by engaging u mean jumping on the K-train and pressing 111111111111111111 the whole time

Attachments:

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

Perhaps they need to fold the lower populated servers into the next tier in order to make the new BLs feel more populated?

WvW isn’t any fun when there’s no one to fight against. They absolutely have to do something about this issue, and the only real solution I can think of is a set of server merges. Lowering the pop cap isn’t really going to fix anything as there are already a large number of servers that don’t fill more than one BL. Even T2 only fills one or two most nights, and won’t fill any in offhours TZ’s.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Perhaps they need to fold the lower populated servers into the next tier in order to make the new BLs feel more populated?

WvW isn’t any fun when there’s no one to fight against. They absolutely have to do something about this issue, and the only real solution I can think of is a set of server merges. Lowering the pop cap isn’t really going to fix anything as there are already a large number of servers that don’t fill more than one BL. Even T2 only fills one or two most nights, and won’t fill any in offhours TZ’s.

Still seems like the best idea as a quick fix to allow Anet to investigate for REAL into a solution

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The thing is, there is no reason to take action just yet. It makes much more sense to me, to wait until after the expansion, before doing anything. New or returning players could possibly change the population a great deal on certain servers, or even all of them. Why compress the server numbers when it is logical to assume there will be a large injection of players?

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

personally i expect 24/7 queues in t1 for long enough to make me want to transfer lower. so idk about the rest of you but im gonna bail on t1 so i can actually play when i want. frankly i dont give a kitten about getting 1 or 2 or 3 bonus chests upon ranking up each week because that loot is terrible anyways, so to me theres no point in staying on a “winning” server when all it means is my servermates mistakenly call themselves better than other people and i have to wait in line for dayz to play, only to dc at a key moment and go back to waiting for dayz.

good luck getting your whole guild into 1 map so you can actually do things, youll need it if youre t1 down to t3 (and you might even if you arent).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

The thing is, there is no reason to take action just yet. It makes much more sense to me, to wait until after the expansion, before doing anything. New or returning players could possibly change the population a great deal on certain servers, or even all of them. Why compress the server numbers when it is logical to assume there will be a large injection of players?

There will be an injection of new and returning players but how many will stay for an extended period ? It’s a fact that some of those players will try it and leave within a short time frame. It’s a fact that if Anet neglects WvW as they have in the past that some of the ones who do not leave in a short time frame will eventually move on just as they have in the past. My guess is, if Anets continues as they have in the past we will be right back here to dead servers within 1 year.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

There will be an injection of new and returning players but how many will stay for an extended period ? It’s a fact that some of those players will try it and leave within a short time frame. It’s a fact that if Anet neglects WvW as they have in the past that some of the ones who do not leave in a short time frame will eventually move on just as they have in the past. My guess is, if Anets continues as they have in the past we will be right back here to dead servers within 1 year.

My fear is that ANet will indeed wait until after HoT goes live, and the new players find that WvW isn’t any fun on their chosen server as Random says. They won’t stay, and if they do they won’t WvW.

Condensing servers now makes more sense to me. You will not increase queue times significantly(or maybe at all) if you only mess with T6,7,and 8. Condensing them will bring them back to life at the perfect time, allowing newcomers to come into them, and experience what WvW is supposed to be.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

personally i expect 24/7 queues in t1 for long enough to make me want to transfer lower. so idk about the rest of you but im gonna bail on t1 so i can actually play when i want. frankly i dont give a kitten about getting 1 or 2 or 3 bonus chests upon ranking up each week because that loot is terrible anyways, so to me theres no point in staying on a “winning” server when all it means is my servermates mistakenly call themselves better than other people and i have to wait in line for dayz to play, only to dc at a key moment and go back to waiting for dayz.

good luck getting your whole guild into 1 map so you can actually do things, youll need it if youre t1 down to t3 (and you might even if you arent).

Bring your guild to Underworld, there is PLENTY of space here for u guys to be awesome ; )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

The new maps are very large. They are certainly designed for a much larger player cap than the current ones. This will kill WvW for the lower tiered servers. There is no way that anyone would design a map like this one with the intent of running it with the current server system in place. So what is it? Alliances? It has to be mostly finished and at a development point of no return, so why not tell and get some feedback before you send it out blind like the Golem week.

OH! So like guild alliances? Where the server system can just be given up?

Hmmm. ANET would somehow have to prevent being part of multiple alliances to prevent spying. Perhaps a 24 hour delay on an Alliance switch?

EDIT: Like the Alliance would have a persistent map? ANET would probably have to make a minimum people requirement before an Alliance could create a map.

(edited by Marthkus.4615)

Anet time to own up

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

The problem here is that if Anet had something as big as alliances or even a wvw server overhaul, we’d probably already have learned about it (at least to stop all of us spamming QQ threads)…

Nope I think that once again they’re winging it.
“Will it work on Blackgate?” “Yes” “Fine do it” is imo the entire brainstorming that took place regarding the new wvw viability.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Bring your guild to Underworld, there is PLENTY of space here for u guys to be awesome ; )

he’s not EU, and he should hop over to CD we got a decent amount of people here and a bunch of old vets from Fergs. yeah we remember when Fergs could zerg, no longer of course maybe once in a blue moon. CD could use more people and so could the rest of t4/5, we are alive but really could do with more roamers on all servers.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Anet time to own up

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

You realize I was being ironic considering our server and those around us are dead ; )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

You realize I was being ironic considering our server and those around us are dead ; )

thought you wanted new blood to revitalise the server. my mistake.

tbh you should just transfer to a t4 or above server. i used to be on a dead server, and the move was well worth it. i hardly miss fergs at all.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Anet time to own up

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Sorry already spent enough money for a game that doesn’t deliver what was promised .

I’ll just wait for them to forge merge us with someone else when they grow tired of paying for an empty server.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Anet time to own up

in WvW

AmberUK.5380

Sorry already spent enough money for a game that doesn’t deliver what was promised .

I’ll just wait for them to forge merge us with someone else when they grow tired of paying for an empty server.

Plus if you move whats to stop people jumping ship again?

UW WvW player – TooT !

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

When my original guild left our starting server we did significant homework on the possible landing sites. We sent scouts out to the final three(with guild money), and decided based on their experiences. None of the servers we investigated were bandwagon servers.

Anet time to own up

in WvW

AmberUK.5380

When my original guild left our starting server we did significant homework on the possible landing sites. We sent scouts out to the final three(with guild money), and decided based on their experiences. None of the servers we investigated were bandwagon servers.

But the point is if people move than others can so so can end up in the same situation again. Anet just need to sort this problem out rather than forcing people to move. Moving for different game play is one thing being forced is another. The server lists should be more relevant with the lists of populations

UW WvW player – TooT !

Anet time to own up

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

But the point is if people move than others can so so can end up in the same situation again. Anet just need to sort this problem out rather than forcing people to move. Moving for different game play is one thing being forced is another. The server lists should be more relevant with the lists of populations

Like listing what tier a certain server is before you commit to that server perhaps?

Anet time to own up

in WvW

AmberUK.5380

Like listing what tier a certain server is before you commit to that server perhaps?

I dunno Just cos a server is a high tier does not mean its a great server for that person. Some people don’t want to queue, some don’t want blobs. I think its hard to know when your new what you want. I think if someone has never played WvW then they should not be inc in the pop of that server. Its ashame there is no way to show the people who play (more the dailies!) WvW on a server and have more dividing lines than high, very high etc maybe the blocks are too large? WvW ranks mean nothing cos they can be from EotM.
I still also think there some be some kinda benefit from playing on a server even when its pop goes down and basically trying to keep it going. I really love the WvW mode (last nite someone asked why we were trying to take a T3 keep with 3 people defending it was hard and took ages and we failed but managed to take the T3 SM again with 3 defending – we had low numbers and he was asking why not goto EotM – simple answer – this is fun) it is fun or can be. And the people and community can be great. But it needs some love from Anet it really does.

UW WvW player – TooT !