Anet you almost there!

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

First off congrats on fixing the major issue, a huge step ahead for wvw. But unfortunately the end of culling brought another issue with it, long player tag information+titles making large battles like 50vs50 kinda disappointed from what we had expected, you barely can see enemies behind the front line, their animations, their actions, you can’t even count them as well, they’re obscure by a massive unnecessary text information from above their heads.

It’s like before we couldn’t see much and now we’re seeing too much, it needs to be adjusted. Well the good news is that there is a perfect way to fix that and doesn’t seems to be that hard, at least I believe it’s not, clearly the best way would be:

• Server Name Abbreviation (Shorten)
    examples:
    Ferguson’s Crossing Assaulter = FC Assaulter
    Crystal Desert Recruit = CD Recruit…
  • Player Title Below NameTag Removal (for wvw only)
    show/hide option if possible

why both? Some might think it would solve the problem removing titles only, but it only would help a little bit actually. The real problem is the full server name especially for the longest ones.

Sorry I know there’s a couple threads like this but no Dev responses makes it even more desperately for one. We know the Dev team is aware of this and hopefully already working to do something but a word on forums about this wouldn’t hurt and would be more then appreciated. Habib? Devon? Matt? Anyone pls?

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

I’d agree with this, just too much info that I don’t need to know. Gimme a server name, shortened, that’s all I need.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Ya, both options would be awesome

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yes please! The text above each player is far too long. It’s really difficult to tell how many players there really are behind a sea of red overlapping text. It’s a far too messy in its current state.

Gandara

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I’ve got an even better idea, let’s just put a dot where the name would normally appear. The dot is colored according to the team color and gets larger in accordance with rank. Would make counting enemies incredibly easy, and also very easy to tell who the higher ranked players are.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: SilencedScream.2167

SilencedScream.2167

Definitely supported.
It’s obnoxious enough to run into a mesmer or necro and seeing the same, elongated name 5 times; it’s an eyesore to see it 40+.

Henge of Denravi – [SAS]
Duct Tape Applied [Charr Ranger]
A Roll Of Duct Tape [Human Guardian, Commander]

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

I’ve got an even better idea, let’s just put a dot where the name would normally appear. The dot is colored according to the team color and gets larger in accordance with rank. Would make counting enemies incredibly easy, and also very easy to tell who the higher ranked players are.

Maybe something like that in the future, but for now shorten server names and no titles is much more needed.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Another +1 for some good ideas. Also changing a string of text shouldn’t be too hard…. right?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I like this idea.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

Another +1 for some good ideas. Also changing a string of text shouldn’t be too hard…. right?

Indeed. Perhaps an option to show both ways for whose like to keep it, full name or shorten name.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

just remove player tags all together unless u click on them. atm they stand out like dogs balls and is very annoying specially when trying to take cover behind a building.

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Moodswings.9752

Moodswings.9752

All I want to see is the server name abbreviated and the Guild Tag. And the ability to change the font size would be a great help, the other text is irrelevant. The ranks are rhubarb, I have a better idea if you give a kitten about WvW with what signets and food .etc are next to your icon.

Smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast!

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: HawkNinja.3471

HawkNinja.3471

Totally supported!!

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We are actively discussing ways to improve this right now. These ideas are really great and I wouldn’t be shocked if the end version of the system wasn’t close to this.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

devon,

since you’re here could you please address the issue of skill not working during zerg fight in WvW to the dev team…. ? i experienced almost 1 minute skill delay. sometimes couldn’t even pick my loot bag, pressed f, but not working.

would appreciate it if you could…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Oh wow that’s great news!

Also, I like how you post more, even if it is from home. It’s nice to see you take some of your personal time to answer some of the threads here.

Instead of keeping us completely in the dark, not knowing if you guys even read our suggestions and feedback, you atleast tell us that our ideas are being taken into consideration. Much appreciated

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

How about choosing what WvW title you want to use?
I prefer Assaulter or raider over scout…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

devon,

since you’re here could you please address the issue of skill not working during zerg fight in WvW to the dev team…. ? i experienced almost 1 minute skill delay. sometimes couldn’t even pick my loot bag, pressed f, but not working.

would appreciate it if you could…

This. It’s not just in WvW…. i have the same issues in PvE with lots of players around.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

We are actively discussing ways to improve this right now. These ideas are really great and I wouldn’t be shocked if the end version of the system wasn’t close to this.

End version? You saying in 3 years? What about next month? Anet needs a Forman with a bull whip to get you guys thinking faster.

Did you know that in certain countries overseas they have sweatshops FULL of people who make an eighth of what you make and they churn out new content every other week.

No wonder why all it people come from another southern asian country. Americans have it too good at their jobs.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Bedstain.6735

Oh wow that’s great news!

Also, I like how you post more, even if it is from home. It’s nice to see you take some of your personal time to answer some of the threads here.

Instead of keeping us completely in the dark, not knowing if you guys even read our suggestions and feedback, you atleast tell us that our ideas are being taken into consideration. Much appreciated

Why don’t you give him a backrub with that kiss? No no, he needs a gold old fashioned horse whipping for not answering our demands faster.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

They didn’t fix the major issue they passed the buck on culling a fix would be a total redesign on their gw2 engine from the ground up not a redesign on the antiquated gw1 engine. What they did with culling is the same thing they did with orbs they just removed it and kittenly I might add by only giving the client some laymanish presets lowest/low lol how pathetic is that.

What they did was expose just how bad their engine is now that culling on their end is gone the real issue will be as I have said all along skill lag and how it will eventually destroy wvw.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Please fix skill lag. That is all.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Bedstain.6735

They didn’t fix the major issue they passed the buck on culling a fix would be a total redesign on their gw2 engine from the ground up not a redesign on the antiquated gw1 engine. What they did with culling is the same thing they did with orbs they just removed it and kittenly I might add by only giving the client some laymanish presets lowest/low lol how pathetic is that.

What they did was expose just how bad their engine is now that culling on their end is gone the real issue will be as I have said all along skill lag and how it will eventually destroy wvw.

This.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

^this^ some more

And skill lag is not confined to WvW. Server overload is server overload, and it’s not like WvW is hosted on separate servers. I’m not even on a upper tier server and I get skill lag all the time. It’s not typically huge outside of a major fight in WVW, but I can be roaming around soloing my daily and have erratic delays for various abilities. For some reason, and has been pointed out by many others, it mostly happens on abilities that require an animation … instacast abilities usually fire off right away. The typical delays range from a few tenths of a second to maybe as much as a second, but they are definitely noticeable and they are definitely server-side (my computer is upper tier and my IS kitten olid). Edit: LOL … the censorbot thinks I typed a slang term for urine. The original text reads “my ISP -is- solid” (less the hyphens)

Another thing that people keep overlooking is that ANet uses a merged-capacity system for WvW. There is no such thing as a unique set of servers for any realm or tier. That means that server capacity has to dynamically adjust to demands no matter what tier or realm they may come from. You could theoretically be in Tier 3 and have a huge SM fight in Tier 1 cause a momentary delay for you (in either WvW or PvE) as the system reallocates capacity … reallocated capacity is capacity that is not instantly being used.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Would like to see an option to turn off ambient creatures nameplates in the distance.

They can be distracting when you are looking for players, and in the middle of big zergs, you’ll see 10-20 rabbits or moa names across your horizon.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Coloured dots are probably better, and maybe have it display the full info just on your target.

I think we were expecting names to be colour coordinated with your server, if you were red, your tag would be red, green= green tag, blue= blue tag. A sea of red just makes things confusing.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Good stuff! I proposed this similar idea before too but now Anet acknowledged it.
I hope they put a fix to this name tag swamp fast.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

Skill activation lag with no other lag is a server capacity related issue, not an engine issue at all, and would only be marginally impacted by culling being turned off.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

Coloured dots are probably better, and maybe have it display the full info just on your target.

I think we were expecting names to be colour coordinated with your server, if you were red, your tag would be red, green= green tag, blue= blue tag. A sea of red just makes things confusing.

The idea is reducing as much tag info from each player as possible, making it colored could be something to add later but it has to be optional.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

can we please turnoff titles everywhere? not just wvwvw, I dont care what titles peopel have, I prefer to cut down screen clutter.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I would rather they remove tags altogether unless you are targeting them. This would allow people to hide and add some thrill to pvp. You can always use team colors to try and identify people more quickly.

Yes I know you can do this already, but why would you intentionally handicap yourself.

Sanctum of Rall

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

I made a list of the supposedly abbreviated servers, tought might help some how. Good thing none of the 2 continents servers have the same server name initials, AR(NA) vs AR(EU) won’t happen. Could also get some opinions about the ones with 2/3 possibilities.

(NA)

• Jade Quarry [ JQ ]
  • Blackgate [ BG ]
  • Sanctum of Rall [ SoR ]
  • Kaineng [ KAI or KN ] * *
  • Tarnished Coast [ TC ]
  • Fort Aspenwood [ FA or FAW ] * *
  • Dragonbrand [ DB ]
  • Yak’s Bend [ YB ]
  • Sea of Sorrows [ SoS ]
  • Maguuma [ MAG ]
  • Stormbluff Isle [ SI or SBI ] * *
  • Crystal Desert [ CD ]
  • Ehmry Bay [ EB ]
  • Borlis Pass [ BP ]
  • Anvil Rock [ AR ]
  • Darkhaven [ DAR or DH ] * *
  • Devona’s Rest [ DR ]
  • Isle of Janthir [ IoJ ]
  • Northern Shiverpeaks [ NS or NSP ] * *
  • Gate of Madness [ GoM ]
  • Henge of Denravi [ HoD ]
  • Sorrow’s Furnace [ SoF ]
  • Eredon Terrace [ ET ]
  • Ferguson’s Crossing [ FC ]

(EU)

• Seafarer’s Rest [ SR ]
  • Vizunah Square [ VS ]
  • Desolation [ DES ]
  • Elona Reach [ ER ]
  • Kodash [ KOD or KD ] * *
  • Jade Sea [ JS ]
  • Riverside [ RIV or RS ] * *
  • Piken Square [ PS ]
  • Augury Rock [ AR ]
  • Gandara [ GAN or GD ] * *
  • Baruch Bay [ BB ]
  • Aurora Glade [ AG ]
  • Far Shiverpeaks [ FS or FSP ] * *
  • Abaddon’s Mouth [ AM ]
  • Fort Ranik [ FR ]
  • Underworld [ UND or UW ] * *
  • Drakkar Lake [ DL ]
  • Miller’s Sound [ MS ]
  • Gunnar’s Hold [ GH ]
  • Dzagonur [ DZ or DZA or DG ] * * *
  • Ring of Fire [ RoF ]
  • Ruins of Surmia [ RoS ]
  • Arborstone [ ARB or AS ] * *
  • Whiteside Ridge [ WR or WSR ] * *
  • Blacktide [ BT ]
  • Fissure of Woe [ FW ]
  • Vabbi [ VAB or VB or VBB ] * * *

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

First off congrats on fixing the major issue, a huge step ahead for wvw. But unfortunately the end of culling brought another issue with it, long player tag information+titles making large battles like 50vs50 kinda disappointed from what we had expected, you barely can see enemies behind the front line, their animations, their actions, you can’t even count them as well, they’re obscure by a massive unnecessary text information from above their heads.

It’s like before we couldn’t see much and now we’re seeing too much, it needs to be adjusted. Well the good news is that there is a perfect way to fix that and doesn’t seems to be that hard, at least I believe it’s not, clearly the best way would be:

• Server Name Abbreviation (Shorten)
    examples:
    Ferguson’s Crossing Assaulter = FC Assaulter
    Crystal Desert Recruit = CD Recruit…
  • Player Title Below NameTag Removal (for wvw only)
    show/hide option if possible

why both? Some might think it would solve the problem removing titles only, but it only would help a little bit actually. The real problem is the full server name especially for the longest ones.

Sorry I know there’s a couple threads like this but no Dev responses makes it even more desperately for one. We know the Dev team is aware of this and hopefully already working to do something but a word on forums about this wouldn’t hurt and would be more then appreciated. Habib? Devon? Matt? Anyone pls?

Best thread ever

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

For Kaineng, I’m goin to suggest KC for the abbreviation because its Kaineng Center. Lemme hear a +1 for all those GW1 fans out there

Love

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I made a list of the supposedly abbreviated servers, tought might help some how. Good thing none of the 2 continents servers have the same server name initials, AR(NA) vs AR(EU) won’t happen. Could also get some opinions about the ones with 2/3 possibilities.

(NA)

• Jade Quarry [ JQ ]
  • Blackgate [ BG ]
  • Kaineng [ KAI or KN ] * *
  • Tarnished Coast [ TC ]
  • Fort Aspenwood [ FA or FAW ] * *
  • Dragonbrand [ DB ]
  • Yak’s Bend [ YB ]
  • Sea of Sorrows [ SoS ]
  • Maguuma [ MAG ]
  • Stormbluff Isle [ SI or SBI ] * *
  • Crystal Desert [ CD ]
  • Ehmry Bay [ EB ]
  • Borlis Pass [ BP ]
  • Anvil Rock [ AR ]
  • Darkhaven [ DAR or DH ] * *
  • Devona’s Rest [ DR ]
  • Northern Shiverpeaks [ NS or NSP ] * *
  • Eredon Terrace [ ET ]

(EU)

• Seafarer’s Rest [ SR ]
  • Vizunah Square [ VS ]
  • Desolation [ DES ]
  • Elona Reach [ ER ]
  • Kodash [ KOD or KD ] * *
  • Jade Sea [ JS ]
  • Riverside [ RIV or RS ] * *
  • Piken Square [ PS ]
  • Augury Rock [ AR ]
  • Gandara [ GAN or GD ] * *
  • Baruch Bay [ BB ]
  • Aurora Glade [ AG ]
  • Far Shiverpeaks [ FS or FSP ] * *
  • Abaddon’s Mouth [ AM ]
  • Fort Ranik [ FR ]
  • Underworld [ UND or UW ] * *
  • Drakkar Lake [ DL ]
  • Miller’s Sound [ MS ]
  • Gunnar’s Hold [ GH ]
  • Dzagonur [ DZ or DZA or DG ] * * *
  • Ring of Fire [ RoF ]
  • Arborstone [ ARB or AS ] * *
  • Whiteside Ridge [ WR or WSR ] * *
  • Blacktide [ BT ]
  • Fissure of Woe [ FW ]
  • Vabbi [ VAB or VB or VBB ] * * *

It is NSP and DH.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

I made a list of the supposedly abbreviated servers, thought might help some how. Good thing none of the 2 continents servers have the same server name initials, AR(NA) vs AR(EU) won’t happen. Could also get some opinions about the ones with 2/3 possibilities.

I basically took initials then hit double meaning couldn’t think as well, made it quickly. Edited with my opinion then possibilities.

(NA)

• Jade Quarry [ JQ ]
  • Blackgate [ BG ]
  • Kaineng [ KN ] * or KA or KAI
  • Tarnished Coast [ TC ]
  • Fort Aspenwood [ FA ] * or FAW
  • Dragonbrand [ DB ]
  • Yak’s Bend [ YB ]
  • Sea of Sorrows [ SoS ]
  • Maguuma [ MG ] * or MA or MAG
  • Stormbluff Isle [ SBI ] * or SI
  • Crystal Desert [ CD ]
  • Ehmry Bay [ EB ]
  • Borlis Pass [ BP ]
  • Anvil Rock [ AR ]
  • Darkhaven [ DH ] * or DA or DAR
  • Devona’s Rest [ DR ]
  • Northern Shiverpeaks [ NSP ] * or NS
  • Eredon Terrace [ ET ]

(EU)

• Seafarer’s Rest [ SR ]
  • Vizunah Square [ VS ]
  • Desolation [ DES ]
  • Elona Reach [ ER ]
  • Kodash [ KD ] * or KO or KOD
  • Jade Sea [ JS ]
  • Riverside [ RS ] * RI or RIV
  • Piken Square [ PS ]
  • Augury Rock [ AR ]
  • Gandara [ GD ] * GA or GAN
  • Baruch Bay [ BB ]
  • Aurora Glade [ AG ]
  • Far Shiverpeaks [ FSP ] * or FS
  • Abaddon’s Mouth [ AM ]
  • Fort Ranik [ FR ]
  • Underworld [ UW ] * or UN or UND
  • Drakkar Lake [ DL ]
  • Miller’s Sound [ MS ]
  • Gunnar’s Hold [ GH ]
  • Dzagonur [ DG ] * or DZ or DZA
  • Ring of Fire [ RoF ]
  • Arborstone [ AS ] * or ARB
  • Whiteside Ridge [ WSR ] * or WR
  • Blacktide [ BT ]
  • Fissure of Woe [ FW ]
  • Vabbi [ VB ] * or VA or VAB

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: EmperorOfDoom.4362

EmperorOfDoom.4362

Please implement this in one of the coming patches.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

This was the problem in SWTOR that caused major lag issues in Ilum. 50 players on your screen with thirty letter names + titles clogging up your screen.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Quinnto.2809

Quinnto.2809

Great idea. +1

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Surgee.2149

Surgee.2149

I’d say give an option to put small icons above enemy heads (something like you see in battlefield 3) with color of their server instead of collumns of text.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Can we expect these changes on the last living story patch?

Ded gaem

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Well. The ability to turn off titles kinda goes against earning and striving for titles. People want titles because they want others to see their achievements.
I saw a suggestion in a similar thread that was as following:
Name-templates scale in size in proportion to the distance you are from the player.
So if a lot of people are clustered at a keep in the distance, their names will be tiny therefore not wasting screen space, but as they move closer you’ll see the names decrease in size as well.
Abbreviations could also be implemented.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I would imagine the massive lag that occurs especially at prime time is due to larger than usual blobs these days spamming AOE’s, buffs and all sorts of things in large scale battles, so the only fix is better servers or reduce the population..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Dragon.4165

Dragon.4165

Scale titles by distance. People nearby = 1.0 scale. People far away = <1.0 scale.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

For Kaineng, I’m goin to suggest KC for the abbreviation because its Kaineng Center. Lemme hear a +1 for all those GW1 fans out there

Kaineng Center? What is that about?

This was the problem in SWTOR that caused major lag issues in Ilum. 50 players on your screen with thirty letter names + titles clogging up your screen.

Yep I was there. I don’t know but I have this strong feeling that gw2 skill lag would be much less if this thread changes happen showing less then half of the nametags from everyone on the screen.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

At long range shrink the names smaller. When there was culling there was no issue with the name size, but now that we can see them at a long distance, we need the names to scale down a little bit when they are further away.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

1. Red/Blue/Green Invader. I know what server i am fighting and i know what color they are, i dont need to see Gate of Madness Invader or Henge of Denravi Defender.
(Red named = enemy = KILL!)
2. Player titles toggle(on/off), I dont need to know that i am killing a “Champion of the Gods”

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

these ideas are a must

I took an arrow to the knee

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Suggested this in another thread but I’ll do it again in this one.

In addition to abbreviations and hidden titles, implement a server crest for all servers. Like a team logo if you will. Abbreviation should only show up on foes relatively near you. For friend of foe far away, even abbreviations are worthless because legible words ontop of really small targets will drown out the target anyway when there’s enough of them. It’s the overlapping words that create that sense of clutter. So in lieu of words, make players have a server crest show up above their heads in the color of their teams when they’re far away so you can do some kind of estimate of how many there are.

The crest color should be in the color of the server’s current rank. So if the crest for NSP is a wolf and they’re ranked 3rd this week, then it’ll be a red wolf. At max range, you wouldn’t even see the wolf, in this example, you’d see a red dot. As the target gets closer into view, it turns into the crest the size of which is only slightly bigger than the world completion star. When they’re within let’s say the catapult range, then it becomes NSP Invader.

Oh yeah, slap that server crest on the scoreboard too. It could appear to the right of the server’s current score or as part of the team’s background within their pie chart.

Anet you almost there!

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

At long range shrink the names smaller. When there was culling there was no issue with the name size, but now that we can see them at a long distance, we need the names to scale down a little bit when they are further away.

That too would be good, could have an option to change nametag scale size but not only smaller when far but like a permanent so you could customize the way you like.