Anet you created a wonderful thing with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

but you killed it through neglect and an open transfer policy. Sad, the new maps are far too late and do nothing to solve the real problems…. But you are making an insane amount of money, based on the rate that large guilds jump from server to server….

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

but you killed it through neglect and an open transfer policy. Sad, the new maps are far too late and do nothing to solve the real problems…. But you are making an insane amount of money, based on the rate that large guilds jump from server to server….

Anet is great @ ideas, and awfull at game implementation….
WvW still lacks compared with older games….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

So many evidence: I wish more people could see that too.

" Facts Do Not Cease To Exist Because They Are Ignored "
Aldous Huxley

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

So many evidence: I wish more people could see that too.

Tin foil hat, I think the bean counters control Anet… And now someone will say I’m anti-profit or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If your still playing wvw and others are too how is it too late? Also tell me how do you fix it? That the main thing ppl seems to be well and able to complain about large guild jumping from server to server but NO ONE has even gotten close to saying how to stop this or even if they are willing to say “You are not allowed to play where you want to” because at the end of the day that IS what your saying.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

If your still playing wvw and others are too how is it too late? Also tell me how do you fix it? That the main thing ppl seems to be well and able to complain about large guild jumping from server to server but NO ONE has even gotten close to saying how to stop this or even if they are willing to say “You are not allowed to play where you want to” because at the end of the day that IS what your saying.

@Jski,

It is not hard to stop that in theory, there are countless ways to do it…
But…
Anet hardly (mostly like in a impossible point of view) will change how WvW works, if they change to a mega-server system they will mostly do it without do the right changes for wvw work well and will be worse.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

Jski.6180

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

Well you did not say how to deal with it or any post here that is evidence. I love the post “there are countless ways” but dose not say any of them as if that realty an way to say how to fix something lol.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(…) based on the rate that large guilds jump from server to server….

(…)

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

Well you did not say how to deal with it or any post here that is evidence. I love the post “there are countless ways” but dose not say any of them as if that realty an way to say how to fix something lol.

Theres a way to fix imba servers numbers for those who care and fix ppt based scores, but is based on a re-design of WvW into a megaserver map, also it would end with the resets on wvw, to a progressive conquest game with Risk similarities.

in WvW

Jski.6180

(…)

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

Theres a way to fix imba servers numbers for those who care and fix ppt based scores, but is based on a re-design of WvW into a megaserver map, also it would end with the resets on wvw, to a progressive conquest game with Risk similarities.

So you cap the same bl over and over? I am kind of at a lost how that would fix any thing if you megaserver wvw you end any type of point tracking system for a world and comply destroy all ideal of community in wvw. It would simply make wvw into EoTM x 4. I am sry but that not a real fix that more of “i want open pvp maps and not wvw any more.”

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

open transfer policy

open transfer is not equivalent to paid transfer. open transfer is what we see during launch where everyone are allowed to transfer for free, it also happened on wvw s2. guilds are unable to keep transferring, especially large guilds. as a matter of fact, small guilds can transfer easier than large guild.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

What if, in an effort to promote server loyalty, you got rewarded for staying with your server? Like, for every X amount of hours you spend in WvW fighting for 1 server you get a reward, like a bonus to amount of badges you get for completing objectives, or a discount on siege blueprints? And if you switch servers, the rewards are reset, and you have to re-earn them with your new server. Nothing huge so that people who have been playing for a long time don’t completely dominate newer players etc., but just little bonuses to reward server loyalty. Just an idea I had.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(…)

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

So you cap the same bl over and over? I am kind of at a lost how that would fix any thing if you megaserver wvw you end any type of point tracking system for a world and comply destroy all ideal of community in wvw. It would simply make wvw into EoTM x 4. I am sry but that not a real fix that more of “i want open pvp maps and not wvw any more.”

What bl? that would be a thing of the past, i was imaging a tyria wrecked map, in a Risk/Total War based system for guilds / alliances, there would be objectives to make players fight or defend for, declarations of war, missions to make players take small groups in far bl’s havoc, with some benefits, the more organized guild the better, but would be to much for most gw2 players anyway.. they dont want difficulty in game.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I don’t think WvW players really matter to them. I wish I had figured that out before I pre ordered.

in WvW

Jski.6180

(…)

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

What bl? that would be a thing of the past, i was imaging a tyria wrecked map, in a Risk/Total War based system for guilds / alliances, there would be objectives to make players fight or defend for, declarations of war, missions to make players take small groups in far bl’s havoc, with some benefits, the more organized guild the better, but would be to much for most gw2 players anyway.. they dont want difficulty in game.

Sounds like you do not want wvw so its not realty a fix for wvw just a new type of open pvp zone. I am sry but your asking for a comply new game in effect its just not going to happen and its not hard to see why mostly becuse your asking for the death of one game type that ppl do play a lot of ppl for a hand full of ppl in comparison to have there open troll pvp map.

And this is the worst of it ppl who do give suggestion but are comply “bat crazy” in what they want that there is NO way to make or meet up to there expatiation. There is never going to be a game type that will live up to this point of views wants.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(…)

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

Sounds like you do not want wvw so its not realty a fix for wvw just a new type of open pvp zone. I am sry but your asking for a comply new game in effect its just not going to happen and its not hard to see why mostly becuse your asking for the death of one game type that ppl do play a lot of ppl for a hand full of ppl in comparison to have there open troll pvp map.

And this is the worst of it ppl who do give suggestion but are comply “bat crazy” in what they want that there is NO way to make or meet up to there expatiation. There is never going to be a game type that will live up to this point of views wants.

What expectactions? Unless they change how wvw works people will always complain for the same things over and over again, they wont stop people from changing server, they cant stop people form blobing and make wvw looks like a karma train against smaller servers, they cant do much for what people complain becouse that is how the game works.

Btw i know it is mpossible to implement it for several reasons, WvW will always be like as we know it and hardly will be changed, and yes im asking to wvw death to something diferent and with real objectives that will make guilds more valuable, and not just blob while other server cant blob back.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I agree with your statement 100%. Instead of focusing and addressing the main issue with WvW which is population / nightcapping imbalance, they just beat around the bush.

The new map is a nice addition, but too little too late, so many players have already left due to realization that no matter how hard they fight, how much skill they show off and effort put it, its all in vein because ultimately they come back to everything papered the next day due to circumstances beyond their control.

And as far as maps go, what would it hurt them to rotate the old borderland map once in a while, the one with the lake in middle, maybe once a month or 2 ? Would be a little bit more interesting no ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

(…)

Did you do research ?

Last:

where is evidence?

Jski,
You really should do some research about this, there are a lot of ideas out there, there are a massive number of simple things that could be “play tested” just like they did for no white swords and PPK, but we get nothing but the festering pile of status quo for WvW. the new map won’t fix it, guild halls wont fix it, glider wings wont fix it, and revenant definitely wont fix it. Anet won’t fix it, but they will take our money for transfers….

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It was a wonderful thing for about the first month after launch, then the lack of anything to really play for hit home. WvW should be more nuanced than an arena whose cap points have walls around them – it wouldn’t hurt to look at all the different varieties of players who enter WvW and what they play it for. After that, add facets to the game that cater to each type, so each has something to fight for.

in WvW

Posted by: Grimmskull.6102

Grimmskull.6102

you cant begin to offer an example of fixing it in here… there are way too many trolls on t1 that paid the gems and will complain about your ideas. The forums suck. Im 100% convinced no one from Anet reads them. There have been way too many ideas presented that has garnered mass support from lower level tiers and harbored hatred from the top tiers on how to fix WvW for them to NOT do something constructive about it. Instead we get golem rushes. smdh

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the problem with WvW is that all of the game’s content is not geared towards players who prefer it over other game modes. Living story=pve HOT=pve with a new map in wvw(maybe there will be more types of siege weapons, doubt it)
80-90% of the game’s focus is on pve, so that leaves little time for wvw. the fact that we’re even getting a new map at all got me waaaaay too overhyped the first time i saw it.
good place to start is making the achievements easier to get.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)