Another player bites the dust

in WvW

Posted by: alleriapython.4159

alleriapython.4159

In the past week Crystal Desert has lost several key commanders. In the past month we’ve gained a guild but lost another in the crossfire. This is an utter mess. There’s not enough of us the CD population anymore to withstand the amount of people we go up against in WvW. Roaming is dead. PPT is dead. What little zergs we have are a life force that only last for an hour or so. I love WvW. I love Crystal Desert and the community I’ve been playing with. But I’ve watched several friends leave over the past week, and it hurts to see what this battlefield has become.

I’ve been reading the posts here. One by one we all speak out for changes yet our cries have not been heard. Overhaul of WvW promises are falling apart, and the hope that Anet distilled in us has been breached.

That faith, that your players have put into you by buying the expansion, by playing the game, by giving you feedback has completely broken.

I don’t know if there’s any way to fix this. By the time you provide any type of feedback for the long overhaul, there won’t be enough of us left. Please speak out, because it’s killing us inside that you don’t. It makes us feel like you’re not hearing our pleas. And it makes us believe that you never planned for an overhaul to begin with, which means you lied.

-Nephers

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

It’s not fair that players have to fix anets mistakes by giving them our hard earned gold to transfer up just to have fun again. So basically if they do nothing they gain money at the players expense & the population balances into 6 tiers. Your not alone nephers and u won’t be the last. We feel your pain.

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

i love wvw too but getting fed up us being out numbers
Anet really need to work on balancing wvw system
instead of 50 dh vs 3 cd player
sooner or later NO CD player gonna come wvw
reading back in 2014 CD server was ranked number 3
i wish guildwars 2 at some point like World of Warcraft with thier balance system

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Recently my guild disbanded, so I’ve been running solo while on a ‘break’.
Compared to what it used to be 2-3 years ago, things are bad, there’s little population left to recover from players mass migrating to other servers.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

agree Knob its gonna cost us 500 Gems +
to move server if we wanna count to have fun in wvw
which alot of us Loyal CD server DON’T WANT TO DO
I hate coming to wvw with like 50+ DH server player and 50+ SF server Players
and only 5 CD players
there should be a numbers of player allow in wvw from server to server
that way people would think twice about moving lol

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

question since im new to gw2 from WoW
i heard if you cap a camp , Keep or SMC
you get the same reward ? Really ?
its harder to capture Keep and SMC
Anet need better reward

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

basically same rewards.. the only thing different is they throw in a Tome of Knowledge (+1 Level) as a reward if you cap a keep. Thats it! Pretty much useless if you’re max level. LOL (and that’s only if it’s one of the daily quests… for anything else, its basically all the same)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

this whole week , DH put thier Cata by the rock under our keep
and i guess its bugged ???
it break our keep wall when they only hit the rock part
Anet need to fix this bug too
before everyone kept abusing it
btw , when they hit the rock part of our keep
we don’t get the 2 sword notice that our keep is under attack
btw when they hit the rock part , we don’t get the swords notice that our keep is under attack

(edited by Keviin Snow.5760)

in WvW

Chiccotot.7296

i reckon you’re in red, by EB keep, that wall below the rocks near the stairs to the south inner… yep, been there, done that.. no fix unfortunately. devs dont seem to care.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

its not fair , it take 5 min to take a camp , 15 Min + to take Keep and SMC
wish Anet would give more reward on the time we spend taking keep and SMC
make it worth our while

in WvW

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

As a Crystal Desert loyalist since launch I still roam just fine. But it’s lonely playing PvE in the big maps I barely run into opposition.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Soo many loyalists x-fering lately

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

ANET I read a post while back , I though spawn camping is NOT allow
but the other server Players outside our spawning point
keeping Us from leaving
how fair is that ? that is another reason kittening player off leaving server or Game
I remember in WoW ppl get temp ban for spawn camping
so what is the point of playing when 1st other server got MORE people
2nd CAMP at our Spawn Point as soon as we walk out we get kill

lack of players
mind as well just give them the reward points for capture camp / keep / etc .,..
and have 1 empty server lol

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

A lot of your community came to Darkhaven for some reason…

I’m just the scout/roamer/PUG that keeps up to date with the going’s on so don’t put any hate on me.

CD has lost a massive chunk of it’s population to transfers and people quitting the game all together. A lot of people have come to DH and as far as I know, others have moved places like Maguuma and SBI.

It sucks when servers fall apart, I’ve been on nearly a dozen servers and have witnessed more than my share of exodus’. Unfortunately, it’s the nature of things now and it likely won’t change until ANet steps in.

I doubt that it will help any but it’s made me sad to see the state of your server. When we first started being matched up a few months ago there were some really engaging battles. CD are one of those good servers that have a happy medium between PPT, fights, defending, roamers and guild groups. Now though there doesn’t seem to be much left and the 0 PPT that you guys were ticking the other night speaks volumes to that.

I won’t suggest that you leave your server if you care about it but know that by leaving it you’re not doing the wrong thing. Everyone deserves to have fun, it is just a game after all, so don’t punish yourself!

Hope to see you out there and sorry in advance for all the blobs…

Sincerely the [Ve] squirrel.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

> SpellOfiniquity

guildwars 2 should do what WoW do
balance it out , set a limit , anything over the limit will be in queue

in WvW

Chiccotot.7296

Isn’t that what’s happening?
Map Queues and Server Full…

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

And some people are falling for their little wvw overhaul. Anet just throwing chum in the water so the little fishes keep coming back, the ole bait and hook method. Overyhype train all aboard!!!!!!

in WvW

Warcry.1596

Regardless of anything I’m not leaving. I have more respect for people who are loyal during dark times than those that leave for a the greener grass on the other side. If people feel like they have to leave, good riddance

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Jokes on Anet, I’m not buying the expansion. All I’ve seen is my class (warrior) even more worse off than before the expansion, and zerg fights being even more pirate ship than before the expansion.

I’ll go spend my $50 on something with actual value, kkthx. Also the whole making what we paid for $60-80 for the original game to be free then making us looking like freeloaders by making that now free and the expansion $50-100 is hilarious. Then the blatant power creep of new classes then posting spvp ranks beside everyones’ names. Make the game worse and insult your playerbase, yeah man let me start hucking money at my screen

Maguuma

(edited by Ogre.3124)

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

ANET I read a post while back , I though spawn camping is NOT allow
but the other server Players outside our spawning point
keeping Us from leaving
how fair is that ? that is another reason kittening player off leaving server or Game
I remember in WoW ppl get temp ban for spawn camping
so what is the point of playing when 1st other server got MORE people
2nd CAMP at our Spawn Point as soon as we walk out we get kill

lack of players
mind as well just give them the reward points for capture camp / keep / etc .,..
and have 1 empty server lol

It’s 100% legit to “spawn camp”. It’s a game mode of killing enemies. If you feed the other server bags over and over, they will stay and farm you over and over. Pro tip: there’s more than 1 exit from spawn….

I actually feel for CD tbh. Being in that position of seeing your server die. Been there, done that. CD isn’t the only one though. At least 50% of the servers are dead.
CD still has some good roamers around I appreciate fighting the last couple weeks(my main is on DH) but yeah, they are super dead except NA prime. I think they ticked 0-15 PPT most of yesterday for example. /RIP

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i love wvw too but getting fed up us being out numbers
Anet really need to work on balancing wvw system
instead of 50 dh vs 3 cd player
sooner or later NO CD player gonna come wvw
reading back in 2014 CD server was ranked number 3
i wish guildwars 2 at some point like World of Warcraft with thier balance system

you mean 2013
but like all servers, there were problems and one lead to another like a vicious cycle.

dh does look like having a lot of hype, someone from them messaged me and asked me if i would like to move my guild there, yet to reply.

regardless, wvw as it is, is dying rapidly. any forms of hype is nothing but temporary. a lot of us are just waiting for this so-called wvw overhaul which beta supposedly coming in april or something.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

I also would like to point out the recruitment habits of higher tier servers should be put under the microscope as well. Guilds should perhaps consider the real effects of taking the gold and leaving.

If you know that your guild group is pivotal to the survival of X server for Y reason then perhaps it is not in the interest of your community to take the gold and run. Some may have ‘bad relationships’ with their server or feel like they are not ‘appreciated’ as much as they should be or whatever emotional support they may require from others to prop their egos up.

The reality is that you are salvaging wood from sinking boats in lower tiers and as a result entire communities are dying when c number of skilled guild groups leave since it is impossible for the others to pick up the slack. Those who are left back can not return the server to glory because they simply do not have the experience or support (numbers) to do so. As a result they either leave the game (because they no longer have good experiences or friends to play with) or transfer. Eventually there will not be any more groups to pull from the boats below you and your servers will eventually sink as well.

If you want to help your community to get stronger, recruit from other games or other game types in GW2. Throwing gold and cash around will only make your situation worst.

As for the best Guilds on X server that transfer over, what are the results? Six months later was it the right decision to take the gold/cash? Do they hop around to other servers shortly afterwards? When they eventually move again do they take x number from the foster home server’s pop with them too? What % of their previous server’s pop do not transfer with them and eventually as a result stop playing the game/mode?

Work with your communities to help them be more skilled so that you don’t feel like you are having to ‘carry all week’ or whatever. The stronger your community is, the more stable and fun it will be.

Not everything here is the fault of ArenaNet. Guilds need to take responsibility for the fact that, even by solely being present in numbers to show force, can have a significant impact on the community that they call home. Recruiters need to understand that the impact on the communities that they pull X Guild from and decide whether it is ultimately worth destroying another server over. On a whole the GW2 community needs to look at their own practices and understand that hand in hand with the infrequent QoL changes and fixes to WvW by it’s developers as well as the practices of some servers, individuals and Guilds that this boat is sinking because of the sum of all of these activities.

(edited by LilBiM.3581)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

if ppl wanted to, they would have done so already while the tiny minority who have been doing it initially with the little power they had should by now given up.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Save your transfer money, this is happening everywhere, even in T1. We’ve lost many guilds and players in the recent months. The game mode is just in a very bad state, and the population balance only makes things worse for those still sticking around trying to have fun somehow.

We’ve seen guilds transfer from one server to another, multiple times within the past few months. BDO also have taken a toll on a lot of guilds, we lost a couple of large guilds in multiple time zones because of that game. You can’t blame players really, Anet is dragging their feet with WvW fixes, changes, and revamps. Population and WvW activities are at an all time low right now. Just look at the server pop screen, zero Full servers, many “Very High” pop servers fallen to “High”. Several “High” fallen to “Medium” and we all know Medium really means Low or “Dead”.

You can’t blame players for jumping ship in an attempt to find fun in a neglected game mode. Things won’t get better until Anet decides to put work into WvW. So my suggestion is to stop transferring and stop giving them money until they do something about this game mode. Things won’t get much better for you no matter where you transfer off to. 6 months ago I would’ve suggested to transfer, now I’m saying to not bother with it.

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I grew up on IOJ. After 4 months of being completely overwhelmed with numbers from 4 T2 servers, guilds transferring, politics, and the rest of it-I reluctantly left the server. Came to the realization that if it wasn’t fun anymore then it was time to move on. Yes, it cost gold-several times- as I was looking for a new home. My first home-IOJ will always be in my heart. But, if I wanted to keep playing GW2 the move was necessary. Left a community with whom I had grown very attached. Not saying this is the correct scenario for everyone-but, I keep reading these threads saying to myself “Been There; Done That”. So instead of quitting or not enjoying the game, it was the move for me. Take this post for what it is worth. Just a bit of rambling brought on by some threads on the forum lately. Maybe the state of the game will improve-maybe not. But, as long as I am logging in-it’s for fun not for frustration.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

im not trying to dismiss your pain or frustration but when i read posts like this starting out with… we lost commanders, our rank is slipping but our community is strong. I wonder, if the community is so strong why is there no new commanders stepping up?

Ive transferred a few times and I have found a range of reactions from different servers. There were servers that were supportive of new commanders and i stayed with them for many months. The servers that reacted with apathy or hostility towards an unknown tag are doomed.

Before I started as a commander I was a scout, hanging out in TS all the time and communicating. Then came an attack on our home bl, which Id been watching over all day, I decided I wasnt gonna let this go just cause the main group was too busy. I bought a commander book (after looking up on the wiki how to activate it) I tagged up and players gathered to me. we heroically charged into bay and saved it!

During my travels I have come to appreciate how rare and precious an experience that was, more often the reaction to unknown commanders is quite bitter. Ive even had ppl complaining in map chat there was no one leading, while I was tagged up, alone in squad and in TS.

I enjoy leading and the reasons I did was not server loyalty, it was for the players who wanted to work as team. it was the community making it an enjoyable experience for me and I for them.

This is what comes to mind when ppl post about their server dying and I think there must be a disconnection in the community. Maybe Im just crazy.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

~snip~

That’s a pretty idealistic and simplistic approach. Most people operate out of self interest. This includes the people who’d rather guilds stay just to preserve their WvWvW experience. Transferring is buying time, recruiters know this. If a guild finds that friends or foes are no longer offering a fun experience, it’s not sensible for them to stick around indefinitely and hope for the best out of some sense of obligation. It’s supposed to be entertainment. Which makes your recruitment suggestions seem unreasonable to me for a few reasons.

Selling the WvWvW experience to non-GW2 players is a bit of a task, seeing as how it’s already hard enough to recruit from other modes within the game because there is no real reason to play WvWvW (and no server specific hubs). What few players that would join under those circumstances will no doubt bail when WvWvW problems reveal themselves. The system that Anet implemented puts a strain on WvWvW players and it always did.

Work with your communities to help them be more skilled so that you don’t feel like you are having to ‘carry all week’ or whatever. The stronger your community is, the more stable and fun it will be.

In my experience a lot of guilds are always looking for new members but there are a lot of people who just want to pop in, do their own thing while having the support of nearby bodies and have no desire for anything beyond that. Some even resent those who strive for precision and efficiency. Nothing is stopping members of the militia from stepping up and putting their charisma and critical thinking skills to work even with the presence of pre-made groups. Don’t wait until they leave. And don’t place the burden on them to take responsibility for what others chose to do.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

if by chance more players come to DH, i hope we get more Roamers / Mercenaries than Big Guilds ….No dis to guilds, but the most drama i’ve seen on DH in the past have come from guilds complaining about server……once they left and we were left with roamers, the game was a lot friendlier and everyone just naturally started working together.

a server full of people that think if anet took the timer off of tequatl, it would be solo-able …is my idea of a Dark-Haven.

I’d rather not be a number 1 server to hold that “Haven” part of our server. My server pride comes from how well our server works like a guild despite many of us being simply roamers. The fights are by no means easy, but in truth, some times that’s whats fun about it lol – big pvp guilds get easily discouraged, not roamers / Mercs!! Mercs solo champions, dungeons and zergs when necessary! – you can’t hold a good merc / roamer down! I’ve personally done many a suicide nose dives into zergs to give my out numbered group a chance to run. especiallly funny when more of the group feels the same and we all just suicide it!

and this isn’t directed at small guilds of friends that like fighting together, it’s more about guilds that want to join the pvp server of the moment and fight for number 1, no more of that please. It’s not to say we don’t win, we simply play hard and sometimes that means winning. Solo roamers usually like impossible odds lol – hot and it’s pve is actually easy to me, it’s the grind and redundant play of it all that’s killing me.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

JDjitsu.7895
i did recall reading one in the pass about ppl camping at spawn point
cuz ppl complain
no point ppl playing if other team build seige and wait at spawn camp
mind as well that server play by itself with empty server for them to take
now i know why ppl are leaving and not wanna wvw anymore
less and less ppl play cuz they are sick and tired of this BS
I hope ANET put a stop to this once and for all
start banning , that will make ppl stop camping lol
making wvw a more fair play

in WvW

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

Couldn’t help be step in on this one . I’m on CD too. always have been, always will be. I think some people, partly myself included, might be taking a little time off. Waiting and hoping for a different match up. It’s true, right now we are totally outnumbered. Even ppt is pretty much pointless as we just don’t have the people to defend anything we take back, and at the same time cap anything else. It’s just unfortunate that the sever matchmaking can’t seem to see the WvW population different right now. On reset , we did ok for an hour to 2. I heard in TS that DH had 60 long queue to get into EBL, not use if that’s true of not. CD no queue, and I have not seen one in almost a year. ( though I don’t play at peak time that much).

The whole server transfer things is a depressing problem. This is something I posted somewhere else:

-Server transforms I think are the biggest killer. I have been on the same server playing WvW from Beta. I have seen guilds come and go slowing killing our severs population. a New guild will come from a different sever, they play in a odd time zone when we had few people on. so people welcome the change at first, they recruit like mad. then within a month or 2 they move on to another sever for whatever reason, taking some of what few players we already had in the time zone. This happens again and again, with other guilds, leaving just a skeleton crew left in that odd time zone. To the point that even the hardcore loyal to the server find it hard WvWing because there are just so few of us left to do anything. So this is what they need to fix or stop somehow. if we are to have any hope for WvW in the future for all the servers.-

In short, I would not say CD is dead, in a slump maybe sure. You would be too if you had 50+ doorknockers on your day everyday for a week. they will move on… at some point. and maybe we’ll get matched up with a server that is more our current population size. A fighting chance is all that’s is needed. Right now its feels more like CD is just tided to a chair and is being forced to take all the hits, like it or not.

Oh a questions for low Tire servers, what’s it like? is it always 1 of the 3 servers dominates, because its unbalanced even down there? or are they pretty even?

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i hardly ever see a que at darkhaven, except maybe on reset days and even then its a short que – and that’s usually when its vs one of our #BFF’s ( bestie foes lol ) . Sometimes it’s really quiet actually – but not in a bad way ….as we always have small active teams or roamers. We do have a big pvp community, but it can be sporadic / casual . Its totally normal for me to solo cap a camp with no one around, and then run to a 20 man group that’s allllll the way across the map. you usually see more of us when we are playing vs much bigger servers.

i have to say, after reading how others feel about their servers, DH is actually pretty happy overall

my arguments overall isn’t about how I’m unhappy with wvw in our server, but more of how do we compete in such an unorganized system and meaningless score ?

don’t get me wrong, DH is a beast of a server, but we usually have no real reason to go into hulk mode so it’s usually empty / casual / play as you want.

if all our old pvprs that never left the server, but stopped playing years ago, came back to wvw, there would be threads asking anet to nerf darkhaven lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

today i decide to check out edge of the mist ,
in abit over an hour i leveled 4 times all 8 bags are full of loots
always a commander Tag sometime 2 or 3
Vs waste of time in EBG an hour spend now , cant get anything BUT keep giving them BAGs
thanks to the so call balance system lol
also while in EOTM i saw ebg Players and at PVE maps , also saw EBG players
which i talk to decided not to wvw
i guess many are upset , so that server THEY CAN GO PLAY BY THEMSELF lol
notice SF don’t even play either ?
maybe then Anet might decide to do dishonor points or put a STOP to camping at spawn ,

in WvW

Posted by: alleriapython.4159

alleriapython.4159

im not trying to dismiss your pain or frustration but when i read posts like this starting out with… we lost commanders, our rank is slipping but our community is strong. I wonder, if the community is so strong why is there no new commanders stepping up?

Ive transferred a few times and I have found a range of reactions from different servers. There were servers that were supportive of new commanders and i stayed with them for many months. The servers that reacted with apathy or hostility towards an unknown tag are doomed.

Before I started as a commander I was a scout, hanging out in TS all the time and communicating. Then came an attack on our home bl, which Id been watching over all day, I decided I wasnt gonna let this go just cause the main group was too busy. I bought a commander book (after looking up on the wiki how to activate it) I tagged up and players gathered to me. we heroically charged into bay and saved it!

During my travels I have come to appreciate how rare and precious an experience that was, more often the reaction to unknown commanders is quite bitter. Ive even had ppl complaining in map chat there was no one leading, while I was tagged up, alone in squad and in TS.

I enjoy leading and the reasons I did was not server loyalty, it was for the players who wanted to work as team. it was the community making it an enjoyable experience for me and I for them.

This is what comes to mind when ppl post about their server dying and I think there must be a disconnection in the community. Maybe Im just crazy.

It’s not all of anet’s fault. There is a community fault too. But what’s so bad about all of this is when you have 20 players on server A, and about 150 on server B and C. by the time you go to take out something you either come across a zerg or a group of 5 and die. The out numbered buff does nothing, and you might take one person as you go, but you’re still dead.
We lost so many people the first day of reset that were so low in the ranks on the scoreboard. We can’t hold anything from an 50 man zerg. We can’t function. It’s ridiculous. And maybe it wasn’t always like this for CD, but there’s been several other servers in our current state. It’s unfair that there should be a queue on DH or SF when we don’t have a queue, because we can’t get enough people in the map to even have a queue. The entire system is completely unbalanced at the moment.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

its been like 20 vs 5
ppl gonna stop wvwing if Anet
is not gonna do anything about it

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

Synosius.9876:
commander tag is 300 golds isnt it ?
not everyone wanna spend 300 golds
i understand u Synosius just like in PVP
if u see blue at 200 points and red at 0
of cuz people going to jump on the winning team
also STOP Camping at spawn maybe that won’t kitten people off lol
many other mmo i’ve played temp ban when camping at spawn
idk why gw2 don’t do that , they should
or at least do a balance quere , anythings after 20 vs 1 put them on quere lol

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

alleriapython.4159
i agree with you , cant blame anet
players just wanna be in the winning team
we have to blame ourself too
knowing 3 will NOT beat 50
but still we go in , Giving them Points & Bags
also i didn’t know about the reward until last week
if you capture a camp vs keep / smc , its the same lol
take 5 min to capture a camp , vs take 15 min to capture keep / smc
if everyone transfer , everyone will be happy , they make the money
we all win right ? lol

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Silverstone.4539:

Well, for one thing, you’re going to find out real soon, welcome to Bronze CD! (On the other hand, please please don’t push us up to Silver! We don’t want to!)

Regarding lower tiers, T6 is still pretty healthy at least. We definitively have lower levels of activity than you guys are used to from entire Silver, and if you get zerged by 20 your first thought is "Wow, they have 20 players!". Bronze is less organized and more casual in many ways, we don’t really bother much with dedicated guilds running this and that etc. Most servers have a guild or two that PPT’s a bit when they can, some that likes to fight, lots of roamers. It’s just everything on a slightly lesser scale.

Hopefully you’re not pushing us up to Silver, so we can welcome you Old Kaineng saying: "In gold a zerg is 60+, in silver zerg is 30+, in bronze zerg is 10+, in Kaineng a zerg is a full party of 5!"

Keviin Snow.5760:

Wow, you really seem to hate WvW. Anyway the best advice I can give you is to take a break 2-4 weeks, until CD is done falling down the ranks, and find the spot where they now belong.

I don’t know how far down the rabbit hole CD is going to tumble, but you’re going to find a spot where your servers level of activity is about equal to the others (or as close as it gets at least). That is what the Glicko rating is for, unfortunately it is very slow in adjusting for things like server exodus.

Look on the bright side, as of this week CD has finally lost enough Glicko points to fall under Kaineng in rating, which officially makes you a Bronze server now. So unless the Random is evil for you next week, you’ll have good chances to get a Tier 6 match one of the next two weeks. There is a HUGE difference between Tier 5 and Tier 6 in population.

But if huge zergs, commanders, and loot-bags are what you’re after, by all means stay with EotM.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Keviin Snow.5760
my story is old, back when the commander books cost 100g per character.

I know fighting out numbered, I know what losing is like, but I rly cared about was being able to honestly say to my crew was everyone did a great job tonight.

we laughed when the other servers said we out numbered them. the truth is our entire wvw community was only about 50 ppl spread over the entire week, all time zones. that breaks down to maybe 10 in the oxc to sea times, 10 in the eu, 30 in na prime at reset for all maps. not everyone plays 7 days a week, so half that numbers at any moment.

maintaining the illusion of numbers was a conscious decision of mine and we did it with having lots of communication in ts and scouts. we were constantly going from fight to fight with very little down time, always being called to a new hot spot even while in engaged in a battle.

this was in the year preceding HoT and even then posts about how wvw is dead, no fights and there were grinding away non stop combat for 8 hours. I had ppl start with at rank 1 and go to 1,000, they bought tags and started commanding along with me.

we musta been crazy. now im on another server in a wvw guild, they complain ohhh that group out numbers us, we cant fight them! Ive come to realize that its hard to do all the things we did but at the time, it was just another ordinary day at the office.

Ive changed my opinion on all of it and maybe anet should help us out. we need a little guidance, a little something to help draw players in. it cant just be like it was a year ago when a new name shows up and you slap a tabberd on him/her, pronounce them crusaders of the server and theyre off running into hell fire for you.

I think im just rambling now, thx for reading

in WvW

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

~snip~

That’s a pretty idealistic and simplistic approach. Most people operate out of self interest. This includes the people who’d rather guilds stay just to preserve their WvWvW experience. Transferring is buying time, recruiters know this. If a guild finds that friends or foes are no longer offering a fun experience, it’s not sensible for them to stick around indefinitely and hope for the best out of some sense of obligation. It’s supposed to be entertainment. Which makes your recruitment suggestions seem unreasonable to me for a few reasons.

Selling the WvWvW experience to non-GW2 players is a bit of a task, seeing as how it’s already hard enough to recruit from other modes within the game because there is no real reason to play WvWvW (and no server specific hubs). What few players that would join under those circumstances will no doubt bail when WvWvW problems reveal themselves. The system that Anet implemented puts a strain on WvWvW players and it always did.

In my experience a lot of guilds are always looking for new members but there are a lot of people who just want to pop in, do their own thing while having the support of nearby bodies and have no desire for anything beyond that. Some even resent those who strive for precision and efficiency. Nothing is stopping members of the militia from stepping up and putting their charisma and critical thinking skills to work even with the presence of pre-made groups. Don’t wait until they leave. And don’t place the burden on them to take responsibility for what others chose to do.

The facts currently indicate that we can not keep operating the same way how we have. So either we continue on and accelerate the death of other communities or change the way how we operate. Some times you have to spend time building up those around you before you can have your fun.

Both guild groups and ‘militia’ are going to have to meet at the middle ground. If you don’t communicate and work together with your own server, and that also includes going through your challenges then no one will know there is a problem until it is too late.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

true story – about a year after release, many of the pvprs from our server stopped playing , some transferred to the top server at the time, and it was like the first time that we were left with mostly small guilds and roamers…..we went from a glorious start in beta – turning everything our color, then in release last minute underdog power wins …. then eventually having bigger servers taking all our land and trying to choke us in the spawn area …..back in the day that repairs cost money, so dying a lot was expensive! you could feel that discouragement thick in the air…

I’ll never forget literally typing this speech in chat -

“Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West! "

somehow, it inspired everyone and we fought back Hard, i don’t think we won, but it was a glorious battle none the less, we took all our land back and the score just didn’t matter anymore ……..it almost became personal that we weren’t going down like that. that was the day i was sure about my loyalty to that server, I was home!…. – that spirit is still there today…in fact, camping our spawn only makes them sitting ducks because we even have a strategy for that now too!! lol

what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, long live Darkhaven!

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

joneirikb.7506
i dont hate wvw , just no happy how balance systm 50+ vs 3
Synosius.9876
just hate the fact ppl from our server move to the opposite server lol
we are losing player to other server
then again i can understand , like i said , if u go to pvp , u see blue with 200 points and red with 0 , of cuz people going to jump to the blue side

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Keviin Snow.5760:

It will end, when CD fallen far enough down in the ranks to find equal opposition.

There has been a *lot* of server exoduses through the years. My own server Kaineng had one of the earliest ones, where we fell from Rank 4 (after Season 1) to the bottom of Tier 8. It took a long long time, with being beaten over and over until we hit the bottom again (took almost a full year).

It isn’t fun, there isn’t much you can do about it. The best thing to do is just take a break and let the server lose faster, so it gets to somewhere it can fight back faster.

---

But this is a game mode that depends on Players, you can’t force players to play when "they’re needed", neither can ANet. So if you say, we put a limit that:

Server A: 10 players
Server B: 20 players (10 in Queue)
Server C: 40 players (30 in Queue)

That has a few problems.
* More people are in Queue, and thus not playing, than there are people playing.
* One server decides that since they’re leading this week, stop playing entirely 0 players means enemy can’t play either.
* Completely removes the option for most players to play when they want and how they want.

---

Some players also like that there are different amount of people at different time, and compare it to a War etc. If you want a "fair" fight, many would point at PvP which is made for that. And If you want lots of other players EotM can often give that. So you’re not without options.

Try again when you hit Tier 6, and see how you match up there, if not go for Tier 7. I haven’t seen a map Queue on my server since summer 2014, we had a 3-4 man Queue for several minutes on reset night!

Just for the record, I certainly agree that Population is a *big* problem, and needs to be addressed. But it isn’t an issue that can be solved with "knee-jerk" solutions.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

On the plus side Maguuma is looking for guilds. #MAGT2PUSH2016.
Msg Lord Commander Xushin for details and a free can of Spray On Hair for baldness.

(Infraction incoming… understood. I’ll just let myself out…)

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Tiburon.8634

Tiburon.8634

In the past week Crystal Desert has lost several key commanders.

Crystal Desert, and more importantly the commanders, did it to themselves. For a while they were all about rising in the ranks and getting into a higher tier and yes, they did it, and then one by one they all left. It was obvious it was going to happen.

Who left this time?

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

well… I do have several extra cans of Spray On Hair if you want them?

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Poor Xushin now having to PVE to pay the weekly gold to the commanders and guilds he bought. I have the feels for him.. Actually nah I dont.. sucker… they will take his money and in a month or 2 leave

Roll on out bandwagons!

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Said it before, there are no way to solve this but close servers in the bottom and offer them a free transfer to any server they want to join. The issues on those servers will never be fixed because no one wants to join a empty server, most players want to join the top 10 and around to be able to have fights when they can be online. Closing them, will fill up more servers.

It is harsh to say and i understand your pain because i made this choice my self long time ago when i was on one of the bottom servers in EU. It was one of the best choices i made for my self and i still get a kick of logging in to wvw and do fights.

in WvW

Warcry.1596

In the past week Crystal Desert has lost several key commanders.

Crystal Desert, and more importantly the commanders, did it to themselves. For a while they were all about rising in the ranks and getting into a higher tier and yes, they did it, and then one by one they all left. It was obvious it was going to happen.

Who left this time?

Mostly due to egos and politics. If an amazing guild from a different server xferred in, theyd be treated like an outcast until they left. I saw that with one of the best commanders at the time =/

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

While the cost to transfer does suck, move if you aren’t enjoying playing on that server. Server loyalty is one of the most pointless things I have ever heard of in a game. Every server has a lot of great players and moving exposes you to new ways to play the game, new friends to make and new enemy tactics to help you improve. Even better if you can bring some new knowledge and experience to a new a server.

Getting run over week after week is not enjoyable to most. Go to an established server that shows up each week (any of the T1 servers fit that bill IMO) and enjoy a more vibrant community. It is a game… play it like one.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

been going to edge of the mist ,
spend an hour there got me 4 levels and ton of loots
while now aday in ebg , NOTHING
and there is always a commander tag on the map
at some points the party was full , i couldnt even join lol
tired of this bs so call balance 50 vs 2 BS