Answer about "terrible" matchups

in WvW

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

I just whone tell that i know how hurt Blober servers, zerging server players, who have a easy mathups, farm wxp, items, etc. and dominate the fight.
It is weery simple and make all farmers player leave wvsw. Players who acualy farm points becose of dominating numbers in wvsw.

So the point is to servers who are dominated to NOT LOGIN ON WVSWVSW.
Its simple, after dominating server teake all points, there will be noting to do here, no farm, so they go back to pve and not login again wvswvsw becose NOTING TO DO HERE.
Meaby its cruel, but is weery efective to “fight” in matchups like this.
This will give a rash of post to Anet to do general changes in wvsw, QQ, etc.
This give btw Anet to thinking about game state in wvswvsw.

All know that some mathup are a joke, becose we know the result from the 1 minute of this “match”. so this is not matchup but farmup like on all matchups where 1 server dominate all becose of numbers.

There is no offense here, just logical thinking.

Greetings!!

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

I have no clue what this says the spelling scentence structure and grammer x.x and I have no clue whakittens trying to say though I can guess that I disagree with the statements in it

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

“I have no clue whakittens trying to say though I can guess that I disagree with the statements in it”

I love this reply so much… It’s like the whole forum in one sentence.

I think he’s suggesting somehow banning farmers from wvw though I’m not sure if he said how to do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Well me thinking is maybe always in the bgin we hadding free servers for people was doing free. so becase of that is now all ranking broken and will think need some time to be better.

But there is always better server then other or the other server not win.

:)

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

He wants people to stop logging into WvW if their server is outmatched…kind of like a silent protest.

At least that’s what I got out of it. I mostly skimmed.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

I have hard time reading op but most people are having fun right now with the new matches even of blowm out fow and vabbi don’t count

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

He wants people to stop logging into WvW if their server is outmatched…kind of like a silent protest.

At least that’s what I got out of it. I mostly skimmed.

Yeah, that’s my impression too. I think the idea is that the losing server(s) stop logging in, then the winning server caps everything and gets bored, so they stop logging in too. I.e. no one is logging in to WvW. At this point, I assume the belief is that Anet will take notice, and somehow ‘fix’ the matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Isn’t it kinda happening already. Just that, people that like to play WvW play it regardless of the match-up and then there is lots of fair-weather players that only show up when their server is dominating.

[Hex]

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Calls for boycotts have never worked.

I’ve never heard anyone be happy about the randomized matchups. In T8, casual players have given up on WvW, and the more dedicated players are looking for other games to play.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I’ve never heard anyone be happy about the randomized matchups. In T8, casual players have given up on WvW, and the more dedicated players are looking for other games to play.

I am in T8 and happy about the randomized matchups. Look at how much fun FC and ET had when we are stuck together, oh wait, FC got stomped while ET didn’t come out to play. Now another server can take the heat off of FC or ET. Much better system for T8 than there was before.

I meet new casual players each and every day. Players who say they have never really played in wvw before. They only play once in a while I have seen those very same people weeks later. So casual players have not given up on wvw.

Many of our most dedicated are burned out on wvw. Needing to put in 100% of your time to wvw and getting no visible returns is rough. Most people don’t pay for upgrades anymore. Only the dedicated few put in money now.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think the top server should just log out. The smaller servers are trying to build up their populations to make it more fair, what point is there in the losing servers losing even more?

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I am in T8 and happy about the randomized matchups. Look at how much fun FC and ET had when we are stuck together, oh wait, FC got stomped while ET didn’t come out to play. Now another server can take the heat off of FC or ET. Much better system for T8 than there was before.

As a relatively new WvW player on ET, I agree. It’s been good for both FC and ET to not be on the same matchup, and I hope that continues tonight.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

I meet new casual players each and every day. Players who say they have never really played in wvw before. They only play once in a while I have seen those very same people weeks later. So casual players have not given up on wvw.

Many of our most dedicated are burned out on wvw. Needing to put in 100% of your time to wvw and getting no visible returns is rough. Most people don’t pay for upgrades anymore. Only the dedicated few put in money now.

Your observations differ vastly from mine.

Fewer people buy upgrades because they realize there’s a pretty good chance that the objective will be lost before the upgrade is done. Same reason why people often empty the supply depot when they take an objective.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

The best part of this post is when he ends it with “Greetings!!”

in WvW

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

With the matchups completely bad every week I stopped caring about being on for reset weeks ago, and spend most of the time in open-field, and the jumping puzzle. I almost never buy a keep upgrade, or use a buff other than +5 supply on something. Because it is completely pointless, other than a waste of gold, to do so.

How many 1000s of posts/views are required for a change?

You can start by limiting the # of players allowed on a map when the other team has under 20. Another limit for 40, and so on. Instead of 80 vs 20, 10 of which are AFK. Voice comms are more discussions about “what other pvp games are fun right now?”

Not a bad idea about max. numbers of player on each map, based on how much is now on the map on each side.
Greetings !!

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Your observations differ vastly from mine.

Fewer people buy upgrades because they realize there’s a pretty good chance that the objective will be lost before the upgrade is done. Same reason why people often empty the supply depot when they take an objective.

We wouldn’t be able to keep those upgrades without the random match ups though. I don’t see how this system is any worse for T8. When the match ups were not random we faced HoD or GoM zergs that were so much larger that it was impossible to make serious gains. At least now some large server is always ready to smack the enemies keep while we get hit.

I have met a bunch of really nice folks with the new servers too. I’ll take this over the same old matches any day.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay