Anvil Rock WvW

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Just wanted to take the time to reach out to AR players that participate in WvWvW.
Firstly, the server doesn’t suck, and just because we have been challenged the last few weeks certainly doesn’t mean we, as a server, can’t improve.
If you have a small group of players, running head long into cannon fire, while entertaining to watch from a distance, may not prove to be the best of tactics. Try listening in chat and work with a pug that may know what the heck is going on around you. I have seen AR players running naked into battle. Repair costs in WvWvW aren’t too high, you are just doing it wrong.
To TFO, some people may not appreciate what you do running your rounds, but it makes it a lot easier for small groups or solo players to make a little karma, you guys are a fantastic distraction, I’ve capped tons of roads and supply because if anything you keep the enemy moving around. Have to thank you guys for that.
ANV does a good job as well, no complaints to them, always seem to have decent tactics(although I’ve only run in a group one time with a couple ANV players).

But for people that are newer to the WvW experience, read your map/team chat, watch players in organized groups, and feel free to ask questions. I’m tired of seeing people from AR attempting to breach a keep by just throwing their corpse at siege equipment, you’re not going to gain anything but distaste for this part of the game and a huge repair bill.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

ANV always has groups going. Ask in map chat for an ANV group if you’re new.

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

What generally bothers me is I see more negative chat in WvW. It’s funny because I usually make quite a bit of money and Karma and I’m never in a group. Just keep my awareness up and keep capping the areas I’m comfortable soloing. Took awhile to be ableto solo cap a supply until I realized how easy it was, and with NPC help in EB, you really can make small contributions to your server when no one wants to group, or you’re lacking numbers.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

To TFO, some people may not appreciate what you do running your rounds, but it makes it a lot easier for small groups or solo players to make a little karma, you guys are a fantastic distraction, I’ve capped tons of roads and supply because if anything you keep the enemy moving around. Have to thank you guys for that.
ANV does a good job as well, no complaints to them, always seem to have decent tactics(although I’ve only run in a group one time with a couple ANV players).

I am a member of TFO, and thank you for this! People don’t understand our tactics, because they don’t understand our goals. ANV is a great guild too! We’ve run with them a few times.

Just last night TFO came to the rescue of the keep housing our lone orb at the request of an allied guild. We drove off the invaders, ran supplies, built arrow carts, and repaired the walls! It makes sense to defend the orb, because it benefits all of us.

TFO is ready and willing to defend Anvil Rock, just keep in mind we also have our own priorities! If you would like to join the TFO special forces feel free to PM me in game for an invite!

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Samusen.4578

Samusen.4578

I think TFO uses more rams than everyone else on your server put together. While TFO is great at lightning fast non-upgraded tower sieges, I’m curious to see if you could delegate people to defending them. All in all what you are doing would be highly effective if your server could capitalize on your guild being a distraction. The problem that you are causing is we have effectively countered you. We often have 2 groups of 5 following your 30-40 man group capping everything behind you without resistance.

You guys are not a bad server, you just seem to be uncoordinated in the grand picture. You have many large and great guilds but it seems like there are huge divisions in what these guilds are trying to achieve. If you got together and actually focused on a singular task with a solid plan behind it you’d be doing even better. Good luck though, hope you guys only get stronger.

Commander Samusen – 80 Warrior
Guild Leader of Fat Insecure Neurotic Emotional[FINE]
Resident of Maguuma

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Coming from a very small guild( and by that I mean I’m the only member that actively participates in WvW) I get a nice outside view of the state of the larger guilds on the server, and Samusen is right. Until they all have the same goal and agenda, it’s going to be an uphill battle. Mind you, that’s hardly is going to stop me from capturing your roads, killing your yak, cutting off your supply and being down right irritating while I’m on. Looking forward to later tonight NSP.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

I think TFO uses more rams than everyone else on your server put together. While TFO is great at lightning fast non-upgraded tower sieges, I’m curious to see if you could delegate people to defending them. All in all what you are doing would be highly effective if your server could capitalize on your guild being a distraction. The problem that you are causing is we have effectively countered you. We often have 2 groups of 5 following your 30-40 man group capping everything behind you without resistance.

You guys are not a bad server, you just seem to be uncoordinated in the grand picture. You have many large and great guilds but it seems like there are huge divisions in what these guilds are trying to achieve. If you got together and actually focused on a singular task with a solid plan behind it you’d be doing even better. Good luck though, hope you guys only get stronger.

Anvil Rock, at times, is seriously outnumbered. We have to play smarter. We have to get our players to max level, and fully geared. Once we have done that, we will worry about capturing AND defending.

None of our players (TFO) want to sit on our butts in a keep, doing nothing. All it does is cost us money/waste our time (Since we always lose the keep once night comes and we all have to go to bed). We make 4x back what we spend on rams because of our blitzkrieg style, and we have fun doing it (this is supposed to be fun…right?)!

Even if we did delegate defenders, and managed to keep 1 or 2 keeps for the day, we would still lose the keeps at night along with all the upgrades/etc. We simply wouldn’t gain the same amount of rewards just defending a keep or two, that we do blitzing.

(edited by Rarespawn.6028)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Rarespawn, no one is faulting your tactics, I for one think that they make my time in EB entertaining, and they split enemy forces. Good for short term, helps build morale when we go from 0 to 100+ points in a short time. Just doesn’t make a lot of points, and in the general infancy of the server match ups, it’s probably helping teach your members the basics of siege warfare.Keep doing your thing, the rest will develop.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

@Dovgan Thanks! People just seem to think that we don’t know the points will be recaptured. Believe it or not, we EXPECT them to take their stuff back! And since we would get steam-rolled in the process, we don’t hang around!

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Serashen.6793

Serashen.6793

MVP transferred to Blackrock – so have fun on your kitten kitten kitten server.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Evil Kinevil.5126

Evil Kinevil.5126

Does Anvil Rock even have any guild alliances? I love playing WvWvW but it’s really annoying when I get in there just to see chat aflame withkitten crap and everyone running around like a chicken w/ it’s head cut off. There never seems to be any organization. Of course this is just my opinion but it’s what I’ve experienced while being on AR.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Evil Kinevil I have experienced a lot of the same which has pretty much forced me into running solo guerilla style assaults on targets I can handle alone and relatively quickly. If there ever is an alliance that got going I would be happy to do my part. @Serashen language and maturity like that will be sorely missed.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

We have alliances with other guilds. We just defended an alliance guild’s keep the other night! I think more of this is needed.

Frankly I’m glad MVP is gone.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CorruptDictator.7283

CorruptDictator.7283

I feel like when it comes to AR and our WvW match ups that everyone just gives up the second one server starts to take a lead. I am not saying there are not guilds trying, but a lot of the players just seem to stop trying once we are loosing. Personally I feel that it is an issue of population match more than anything else, which is the reason why I really wish they would end free transfers already. ANET cannot truly make balanced match ups between servers unless server pop is stable which means free transfers need to go away. It was nice, but by now you should know where you want to play. Instead they should have a feature where NEW accounts get a 7 day period of free transfers.

For reference I am from RMWP, we are a small guild of friends and we actually really like heading into WvW with 4-5 man groups, but as of late (excepting the first few hours after the match ups start) it seems like if we join we are doing nothing more than being spawn camped except in Eternal and even then it is a matter of barely holding onto anything. This may have something to do with the hours we play at, but it is pretty disheartening.

Anvil Rock | Real Men Wear Pink [RMWP] | Warrior 80, Neco (in progress)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@CorruptDictator in all honesty EB plays much better in smaller groups because of it’s size. Keep fighting the good fight, coordinate with other groups. If TFO is running a blitz, hold back and defend one of the towers so it isn’t immediately rolled over. Look me up online, considering I am always solo, you appear to have an open group slot.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

I’ll keep that in mind, and hope I do not lose the piece of paper I just wrote your account name on.

Does anyone have a list of active WvW guilds on our server along with estimated active population for each guild? It could prove to be useful information. I know when I am in game, other than two or three guild abbreviations, I have no idea who is just screwing around and who is seriously trying to achieve anything.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

Great post OP but the people that don’t read chat and follow useless zergs will surely not get on the forum to read this.

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@MilkInBags the people that will help make a difference do.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

I wish I could afford to rent a 100+ slot vent for AV WvW to even make an attempt at organized movements and upgrading.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Samusen.4578

Samusen.4578

As for useless zergs try and organize them. People who are approached and asked to be given a task personally are usually grateful/compliant. I’m not talking about messaging all of them but maybe a handful each night. Befriend them and treat them like a person instead of +1. It’s your server and your community, make the most of it and be a leader.

Commander Samusen – 80 Warrior
Guild Leader of Fat Insecure Neurotic Emotional[FINE]
Resident of Maguuma

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

The difficulty I have often seen when trying to “organize” existing zergs is the players often react very rudely. For instance, several nights ago I hoped into WvW for a bit (forget which bg) and there was a zerg pointlessly trying to attack an over-defended bay (outer gates) while the eastern keep had nothing to stop us. A number of players tried talking some sense into the zerg, but all they got back was harassment from other players while the zerg kept on growing.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

TFO is actively running groups all day, and well into the night. We have anywhere between 10 – 40 people with us on a regular basis. Last night we nearly topped out vent! We upgraded to a 50 slot vent after maxing out the 25 slot vent last week.

Also, the guild saved and managed to buy one of our leaders the commander book. If he (Pimpnizle) is on, you will be able to tell where we are all blitzing. If we are going to take a keep/tower, would you like us to announce it, so if a guild wants to defend it they can?

We are also open to forging alliances with smaller guilds/groups.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gavoll.9085

Gavoll.9085

Well, we should be realistic. AR wvw is bad. I don’t know what your definition of “suck” is, but we are almost always getting stomped.

That said, it still isn’t miserable. I have rolled with a small guerrilla group, and it’s really a lot of fun. Taking supplies and hitting yaks and roads before the enemy can react is exciting, profitable and spreads out the opponent forces as they attempt to reach the conflict areas in time (and fail). Underdog is where its at. Doing these things in a small group instead of solo allows for much greater speed and protection from other small groups.

We should also consider forming small group of “bandits” to wait along the reinforcement routes that the enemy uses to defend the towers or keeps that our bad zerg is slamming into at any given time. Just draw a line on the map from their spawn to the action and kill the poor guys on their way to help their friends. That’s just good fun.

We do not have the population to dominate on all fronts, so I really wish that people would choose the right places to fight. Scrambling for 2nd place just doesn’t seem very satisfying when you have the chance to force a leading server to fight on two fronts, but I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir right now.

Personally, I think that two losing servers should not have the option to populate each others’ borderlands unless other maps are filled or close to full. This would create the 2v1 dynamic that the devs had in mind when they created 3-way warfare. If a server is winning, it should become MORE difficult for them to keep winning, not easier.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

In reference to the last paragraph from Gavoll; sadly on more than one occasion I have seen the 1st and 2nd place servers team up against us on AR. No joke that players were insta-quitting WvW once they realized it (this was with the 24 hours rotation).

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Gavoll.9085

Gavoll.9085

@Corrupt. I’m not surprised. I think the devs overestimated the average player’s sportsmanship. Many people would rather grind a defeated opponent’s face into the ground than challenge someone who can fight back.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

I don’t think AR WvW is bad. The state of WvW could improve and the organization could be a lot better. Small groups, we have those and need them, but coordinating them with the larger groups is necessary for our overall success. We can do better.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Another comment of yours to follow up on is our inability to dominate on all fronts. This is very true. It would almost be better for us to focus on our home bg and holding our share of Eternal before even considering anything else beyond out local tower on other bg’s.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Question. Does ANV or TFO have websites? It would not be bad to get on on their guild roster for no other reason than to be able to find out where WvWvW action is being focused instead of randomly joining a bg and crossing my fingers that we are not getting rolled and being completely unorganized.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

Have fun riding coat-tails Serashen.
MVP taught us two things.
1. Commander book does NOT make a leader.
2. If you can’t do things alone, ally with other guilds, or just pull an MVP and go ride coattails on another server.

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wraith.8920

Wraith.8920

I’m willing to join in WvW. I’ll play on a losing side, just not to the point of getting spawn locked. Once that happens, I’ll guess I’ll wait for the reset :-(

As for voice communication, I’ve seen big raids organize around a central command: Guild Leaders get in a small chat to coordinate, while having a a push-talk chat open with there respected Guild to relay the strategy.

Having map pings, and Guild organization would help, and instructive text chats for solos and newbies. This is a casual game for the most part, be patient with your teammates :-)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Serashen What is with the poor attitude and hatred if you and your guild left Anvil? Is it that you found out you weren’t the factor you thought you would be? Don’t get mad with Anvil Rock, be productive and worry about where you are, not where you were.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I’m a player from Darkhaven, and I just wanted to say, good luck guys, hang in there! I had some fun times with Anvil Rock players during the whole Yak’s Bend incident, and I think you guys are cool people. I hope you guys can get in your groove, because you’re not a bad WvW server, not at all.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

WvW is a blast. As Gavoll said, underdog is where it’s at! I’ve had a ton of great experiences where some random player rallied us out of a mindless grind of death and started a rampage of victories across the map. The only thing I don’t like is the hopelessness or negativity on the chat. No one to follow? Step up and lead!

ANVIL ROCK AND WE DON’T STOP!

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

I had a lot of fun running along a group of TFO last night when I randomly decided to drop into WvWvW. It was nice to move as a tight group with a definite purpose for a change, and no one was wasting their time beating at the walls of keep and towers that had no chance in hell at falling. Shame I had to crash before any larger action happened besides taking supply camps and doing some tower defense.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

MVP leaves. Oh look, We suddenly have our entire borderlands and half of EB. But seriously thanks for freeing up slots for TFO and some other small guilds, also positive map chat is a nice change.

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Had a really fun time working with everyone defending our little keep in EB. NSP kept pounding the walls with trebs and swarming in. We held for hours. Epic battles last night. Hats off to NSP groups for the battles. Great work overall by TFO, enjoyed working with you guys last night. Fun times working with a lot of people/guilds I had not seen on these maps before.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetiepie.9270

Sweetiepie.9270

Had a really fun time working with everyone defending our little keep in EB. NSP kept pounding the walls with trebs and swarming in. We held for hours. Epic battles last night. Hats off to NSP groups for the battles. Great work overall by TFO, enjoyed working with you guys last night. Fun times working with a lot of people/guilds I had not seen on these maps before.

That was a fun epic battle! I was telling a friend in real life about it, and he is thinking about upgrading his computer so he can join in the fun!

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Yes it was a blast. Last night was by far one of the better, more organized and fluid nights we’ve had on AR WvW in awhile. We may not be all the way there, but it was a nice glimpse into what we can do as a server when people work together.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

That was a fun epic battle! I was telling a friend in real life about it, and he is thinking about upgrading his computer so he can join in the fun!

TFO absolutely loved this!! A couple of trebs took out two of the walls of our inner keep and we made our last stand on top of the keep lord. We repelled NSP not once, but twice!! And we STILL managed to hold the keep for the rest of the evening! I wish I had some better screen shots…it was epic!!

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Since TFO seems to be our lead WvWvW guild, do they have forums available for guild alliances? Or how hard is it to get membership to just keep in contact even though we mainly rep other guilds.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

We will have a website by the end of next week I believe. We are working on it! If you want membership to keep in contact just pm me in game and I’ll send an invite! My toons are Rare Blush and Rare Faith. We welcome the communication.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Sess I thought it would be good to start a dialogue so people who were actively in WvW could get a little information. I started the thread with that intent.
@CorruptDictator try hitting one of their members up in game or a member of (ANV). They seem pretty open to WvW players that don’t mind putting the work in.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

ANV just started an alliance last night with other pvp guilds on the server (including TFO).

I think we will all be working pretty closely together

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

I’ll look you up tonight. Nice part about forming alliances over just absorbing into one guild is it allows for the claiming of more towers and keeps to have more guild upgrades active.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

I’ll look you up tonight. Nice part about forming alliances over just absorbing into one guild is it allows for the claiming of more towers and keeps to have more guild upgrades active.

I agree completely!

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Holy hell that was a blast tonight. If anyone wondered I was the oversized pink norn warrior that I constantly heard people in vent commenting on. I ran with the “seal team” for a good chunk of the time after we took the orb. Expect me to be showing up to run with TFO more often and joining vent. I think I tacked on just shy of 10k Karma. I did rep TFO for part of the night (thanks for the invite respawn), but will often be reping RMWP and will start bringing guild mates with me to bolster our numbers. I hope you guys get your website up and running soon.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

What a fun night on Anvil! Hope to have more like this in the future. @NSP, running directly into your groups and dropping traps and roots gave me endless hours of entertainment. I hope that we can keep the pace up, makes for a far more entertaining match up.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

Dolyak carry 2stronk

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

That was fun taking back Anvil keep yesterday from you guys.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

That was fun taking back Anvil keep yesterday from you guys.

It was fun taking your orb! ^.^