Anvil Rock WvW

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CorruptDictator.7283

CorruptDictator.7283

How long did we hold on to the Eastern keep? I had to log (work in the morning) shortly after we speed captured it and got some upgrades underway.

Anvil Rock | Real Men Wear Pink [RMWP] | Warrior 80, Neco (in progress)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Crumbs.7643

Crumbs.7643

It was definitely a breathtaking fight for the keep! Hoping there will be something as lively tonight as it was yesterday!

(Mesmer) Ceuthonymos – Nothern Shiverpeaks

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

SoS is one of the dedicated guilds on this server and our strategy isn’t like TFO’s though. I see you guys run from one point to another as you gain strength with others following your groups and that is great!

My group likes to take a spot, build it up keep the supply lines incoming and hit their supply lines as we fortify our fall back position. If you haven’t seen a keep or fort owned by us, you’ll find it is more like a fortress. We actually want our enemies to attack us, and the fact is, defending a tower, keep ticks a “repel enemies” event every 5 mins. so honestly that is great leveling, plus if you put lower level members on arrow carts, ballistas, cata’s, and cannons they will gain tons of exp and bags off their kills.

When we fortified the keep we owned, we had a lower lvl gain 7 levels just from manning a cannon, and defending the southern gate from shiverpeak lol.

SoS likes to island hop as i call it, but we kinda have to, we don’t have the luxury of a 100 gold book so everyone follows us, we don’t have the luxory of numbers, but when stragglers see us running by, they tend to change course and follow.

Darksavage,
Syndicate of Shadows

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

SoS is one of the dedicated guilds on this server and our strategy isn’t like TFO’s though. I see you guys run from one point to another as you gain strength with others following your groups and that is great!

My group likes to take a spot, build it up keep the supply lines incoming and hit their supply lines as we fortify our fall back position. If you haven’t seen a keep or fort owned by us, you’ll find it is more like a fortress. We actually want our enemies to attack us, and the fact is, defending a tower, keep ticks a “repel enemies” event every 5 mins. so honestly that is great leveling, plus if you put lower level members on arrow carts, ballistas, cata’s, and cannons they will gain tons of exp and bags off their kills.

When we fortified the keep we owned, we had a lower lvl gain 7 levels just from manning a cannon, and defending the southern gate from shiverpeak lol.

SoS likes to island hop as i call it, but we kinda have to, we don’t have the luxury of a 100 gold book so everyone follows us, we don’t have the luxory of numbers, but when stragglers see us running by, they tend to change course and follow.

Darksavage,
Syndicate of Shadows

I appreciate the way you guys run things. WvW is a lot of fun!

I, personally, went from level 17 to level 80 from Friday to Sunday on my second toon, just by following with my guildies in TFO as we capped supply and towers. We just don’t get that kind of xp from defending. PvP is an amazingly fun way to level! Maybe I play too much…lol.

We do like defending though, as we did last night, just to keep things interesting! Can’t be running around all the time! The book is nice, because it is easy for people to follow, but Commander still doesn’t have as many useful features as it should.

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

(edited by Rarespawn.6028)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

How long did we hold on to the Eastern keep? I had to log (work in the morning) shortly after we speed captured it and got some upgrades underway.

I’m not sure, we still had it when I went to bed I believe.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aNTarTis.2561

aNTarTis.2561

we are at WvW too, just I hope next match will be a bit fair…

Commander of [XO] Xtreme Online – www.xogamers.com

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Seemed pretty balanced now, when I logged in quick this morning all 3 parts of the pie chart were almost even.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Keeping it that way will be the challenge.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

aNTarTis.2561

btw, if ANVIL ROCK want to do some coordinate attack/defend, well, we can start a name list of the guild leaders and then just create some way to communicate fast and better. Game email, facebook, MSN, whatever, but ingame chat is just spam, and spam…

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

I have a server where i can host a big team speak server if you want…
(Ventrilo costs for slots)

And we can have a Server TS for wvw..

Koil started out on Anvil rock.. we went to JQ for a while… the ques suck… now we are back!

Look me up Dimentox or Buldegrad up for grps in pvp.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

We have a 200 slot TS3, for the ARC alliance. 10 guilds and growing. Contact any of the ANV officers, and we’ll fill you in. TFO I love you guys, but your powerleveling trains aren’t winning us matches, perhaps we can change that this week by leaving level 80’s behind at towers.

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

Yesterday about 4pm i picked a nice fight.. was fun… amazing what a grp of 4 can do …

You set down a ram and BOOM you get a war!

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

We have a 200 slot TS3, for the ARC alliance. 10 guilds and growing. Contact any of the ANV officers, and we’ll fill you in. TFO I love you guys, but your powerleveling trains aren’t winning us matches, perhaps we can change that this week by leaving level 80’s behind at towers.

We haven’t power-leveled in three nights. We have been stealing orbs and taking keeps. Frankly, I think we are doing our fair share :P

Rest assured TFO is going play WvW the way its members want to play. So far this has been a good balance between blitzing and defending. We plan to keep it this way.

Bring your game tonight, as we certainly will be, trying to edge out an early lead.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Be more specific now rare, taking orbs and keeps with the specific purpose of drawing as much attention as possible from NSP, lol.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

Be more specific now rare, taking orbs and keeps with the specific purpose of drawing as much attention as possible from NSP, lol.

lol…and then flanking them from the side at least FOUR times and taking out half their attackers on the gate each time, until they figured it out!

Not to mention charging up those stairs of death not once, but TWICE to take out trebs! The second time it was a trap…we still won!

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Off question rare, are new users like auto muted on the tfo vent? I ask because it often seems like no one hears me when I say anything (I do not talk much, but when I do it is usually in response to a posed question).

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

Off question rare, are new users like auto muted on the tfo vent? I ask because it often seems like no one hears me when I say anything (I do not talk much, but when I do it is usually in response to a posed question).

I have noticed there are a few ‘quiet’ people in vent, meaning their mic is really quiet. With so many people it is easy for them to get drowned out. You might want to consider turning your mic up, as the other night I did think you were rather quiet!

As long as it is not interrupting tactical discussion or directions, most of TFO are pretty good about answering questions. If battle is particularly intense you may get no response. Then I’d either type it in guild or ask again in a little bit.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Man I would love to get in on this more. I really must work on getting my little guild active in WvW.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Man I would love to get in on this more. I really must work on getting my little guild active in WvW.

Last few nights it has just been me from my guild, last night I managed to get one other to join in (everyone seems to still have that lost cause mindset that I am trying to break). Numbers for the organized war machine are always a plus even if it is only a few.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

I do what I can. Had a fun 1 man defense of Jerrifer yesterday

Just me a treb an arrow cart and a lot of NSP at the door, which I assume were trying to sell me something. They kept knocking so I eventually had to let them in.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Rarespawn.6028

Well I hope they were at least selling something good…like, you know, girlscout cookies? ^.^

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.5834

Azrael.5834

To any guys looking for a way to strike back against these servers that are slaughtering us, MMDS usually runs nightly raids on camps/ doylaks and checkpoints. We have routes to stay off main travel-ways and are fairly effective. We’re specializing in these guerrilla tactics and if anyone is interested, feel free to message me if i’m online. We try to get anyone available when we’re online.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Really happy with how Fraggle rock is coming together. We’re learning—not as quickly as the hardcore servers, but we’re definitely learning all kinds of cool tactics and how to counter human psychology, blah blah blah.

Not sure if it was a mesmer or a wall hack (prooobably a mesmer) but good sneak attack on our bay keep yesterday around mid-day US time. I couldn’t peel enough of the zerg off our counterattack of the briar to get to the bay in time. Very well-timed.

All in all it was a lot of fun during this week’s portion of the 1-week thingy. Lots of back-and-forth, came out ahead of both servers for a few hours at a time in points-per-tic, being able to coordinate the TFO train with defensive stuff (i.e. “U wanna come kill these guys from behind, sieging on ____ borderlands? K tnx”), and generally getting us all on the same page.

MVP leaving was the best thing to ever happen to us xD

So pumped about this week’s matchup, whatever happens.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

CorruptDictator.7283

Maybe we should consider a system where different guilds focus on different objectives and move to support each other as needed.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

aNTarTis.2561

again Northern Shiverpeaks?

this system dosent work …. wow..

……………………
……………………..
……………………

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

Once kitten pass realizes attacking us is not going to help them take the lead this should be a good match up.

but yea both servers have so many more players than us.

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

Once kitten pass realizes attacking us is not going to help them take the lead this should be a good match up.

but yea both servers have so many more players than us.

That happening is doubtful. As observed in nearly every tier, the second place player will simply go for the last place player to get the certainty of a victory instead of only the possibility of one.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cullan.9645

Cullan.9645

everyone knows we don’t defend that’s why we get stomped so bad, we are just sitting ducks to other servers, the same reason is driving people away

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

A couple points I wanted to make here.

First, when I saw we were up against NSP I was actually kind of happy, because I thought “what a great way to see the overall strides our server has made”.

You can’t expect to defend every point on the battlefield, it’s impossible with our numbers. We can only do our best to hold key points. If you feel a point needs defense, defend it. I build siege and solo defend towers all the time. I pay for the upgrades etc.

Keep fighting hard AR, you will see me on the battlefield.

P.S. can someone send me the voice we are using either pm here or in game mail. Thank you.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

I hope you guys keep having success in getting organized, as an NSP player it’s nice to get good fights, had a lot of fun last night in boralis

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Kiviar.7063

Unfortunately its probably not going to happen. Weeks of going up against servers with twice our off peak population have left Anvil with few players of any skill willing to participate in WvW. The alleged hacks last night were the last nail in the coffin. Anvil is done, if not at least for this match, then forever. Maybe we’ll win in the next tier down, but who knows.

As it stands now most people on Anvil, aside from a select few just do not care about losing anymore.

But in the end I will take satisfaction reading the whine threads from NS when they advance to the next tier and have to fight servers with twice their population like every other server that has defeated our broken-down hobo of a world. The Yak tears about ‘night capping’ were delicious.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Well, regardless of exploits I will continue to fight for my server. I have seen so many threads about how the orb bonus"isn’t that big a difference" but first when we had 2 I saw a huge difference against the other players and second, why an effort to hack to get them if there is a chance you could be perma banned unless they were game changing. So, that being said, regardless of hacks, exploits etc. I will continue to fight for my server. Sure knowing that even with imbalance in server population some people have to go beyond the game mechanics in order to win sucks, but just giving up, I can’t do that. The fact that someone felt the need to hack in order to win is sad and disheartening, just throwing in the towel, that is even sadder.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

Just thought I’d chime in here. You guys did well last night, but you gave up everything on your side for Stonemist. I’m on NSP, and when you guys had taken Stonemist and set up a defense, we just ignored it and went for your side’s keep and towers. Instead of defending a far more important side, you stayed at Stonemist and lost more points than gained. Stonemist is only 35 points now, and although it’s a very important spot, it’s not worth losing your side for.

Also, player size is rather redundant. Anvil Rock has a far larger presence at night than Borlis Pass does, and for a few days last week, you guys were winning at night while you couldn’t win in the day. As long as your WvW is full, player size is meaningless. Unless you’re constantly running around with an undermanned buff, player size isn’t the reason you’re losing. I’d suggest focusing on getting an alliance together and working on being more organized. TFO is really the only group that’s organized, and they don’t really try to work on defense, rather just offense.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

As long as your WvW is full, player size is meaningless. Unless you’re constantly running around with an undermanned buff, player size isn’t the reason you’re losing. I’d suggest focusing on getting an alliance together and working on being more organized. TFO is really the only group that’s organized, and they don’t really try to work on defense, rather just offense.

Umm, our WvW is never full. The times when we are doing well are the times when we have two full zones. I have, literally, never had to wait in a queue to enter WvW. At peak times, we will have two full zones (which lasts for about 3 hours and then drops to one). On off hours we won’t have any queues. We aren’t the most organized or the most strategic; I do agree with that assertion. However, pretending it isn’t a population problem when the only times we are competitive are the times when we start pushing towards and then get a couple queues indicates a flaw in your logic. You’ll notice we were doing okay last night, then we lost our queues and now get to fight against a large number of fortified structures because of population imbalance.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Well, being on AR we took SM right away, but afterwards quite a few people peeled off to either run supplies or retake towers. If population weren’t an issue we could have defended SM for longer, we just didn’t have bodies to do both

On a side note, most of the towers we retook had no defenders. Why U no defend towers NSP?

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

By the way about 80% of the time I in fact do have the undermanned buff. Got some nice epic exotic drops off guards. Been funding my repairs from that buff.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

As long as your WvW is full, player size is meaningless. Unless you’re constantly running around with an undermanned buff, player size isn’t the reason you’re losing. I’d suggest focusing on getting an alliance together and working on being more organized. TFO is really the only group that’s organized, and they don’t really try to work on defense, rather just offense.

Umm, our WvW is never full. The times when we are doing well are the times when we have two full zones. I have, literally, never had to wait in a queue to enter WvW. At peak times, we will have two full zones (which lasts for about 3 hours and then drops to one). On off hours we won’t have any queues. We aren’t the most organized or the most strategic; I do agree with that assertion. However, pretending it isn’t a population problem when the only times we are competitive are the times when we start pushing towards and then get a couple queues indicates a flaw in your logic. You’ll notice we were doing okay last night, then we lost our queues and now get to fight against a large number of fortified structures because of population imbalance.

Your server was always in last place last night. You guys lack coordination. Don’t get me wrong – I acknowledge that there is a population problem. The server, however, doesn’t seem to want to do anything about the problem or bring more people to WvW. When NSP was lower population with Kaineng and Devona’s Rest, we formed an alliance and worked together with the server to bring more people into wanting to work together. This caused more people on our server to want to WvW more, knowing that it’s not a lost cause. Now our queues are full, our players work together, and we’re actually winning.

You guys give up very easily because you lack leadership. You need to form some sort of alliance of the larger guilds and make a big deal out of it. If you can’t do this, there isn’t much hope for your server, regardless of population size.

I’m not insulting or trying to argue, mind you; I’m just trying to help you guys get around your current predicament.

Well, being on AR we took SM right away, but afterwards quite a few people peeled off to either run supplies or retake towers. If population weren’t an issue we could have defended SM for longer, we just didn’t have bodies to do both

On a side note, most of the towers we retook had no defenders. Why U no defend towers NSP?

You had the bodies. The problem is the bodies weren’t being coordinated to focus on one or two things, but rather multiple things. For example, when we started taking your bases, you guys once again split up to try to defend. However, some people also stayed at Stonemist, and others did other things. The population cap for WvW in EB is, from what I hear, 160. If you’re trying to tell me that your server can’t fill 160 players in Eternal, at least, then the issue is far larger. Also, we don’t defend all towers because we weren’t trying to. I’m not sure when or what tower you’re talking about, but if you mean when we started taking your towers and keep near your base, then it’s because we didn’t want to defend.

Also, the reason you get the undermanned buff is because your server gives up and no one goes to WvW anymore after the first day. This happens in any WvW situation where the top server is holding everything or near everything.

(edited by Krathalos.3461)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Pssh, some of us never give up. When you guys went to retake Jerrifer in the last round there was one defender, and I didn’t stop trebbing even after the tower flipped. That was my tower, even if your server wanted to throw 30 people at it. My tower…MINE!!

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Trust me EB wasn’t full on our side when the rematch started we had no queue. I left for a bit and went right back in, still no queue. Honestly I have never been in a queue for WvW on EB. Once for like 5 minutes on borderlands, personally I thought people were making up the queue thing until then. And I would be willing to bet we had well under 160 in EB.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

aNTarTis.2561

Your server was always in last place last night. You guys lack coordination. Don’t get me wrong – I acknowledge that there is a population problem. The server, however, doesn’t seem to want to do anything about the problem or bring more people to WvW. When NSP was lower population with Kaineng and Devona’s Rest, we formed an alliance and worked together with the server to bring more people into wanting to work together. This caused more people on our server to want to WvW more, knowing that it’s not a lost cause. Now our queues are full, our players work together, and we’re actually winning.

You guys give up very easily because you lack leadership. You need to form some sort of alliance of the larger guilds and make a big deal out of it. If you can’t do this, there isn’t much hope for your server, regardless of population size.

I’m not insulting or trying to argue, mind you; I’m just trying to help you guys get around your current predicament.

You had the bodies. The problem is the bodies weren’t being coordinated to focus on one or two things, but rather multiple things. For example, when we started taking your bases, you guys once again split up to try to defend. However, some people also stayed at Stonemist, and others did other things. The population cap for WvW in EB is, from what I hear, 160. If you’re trying to tell me that your server can’t fill 160 players in Eternal, at least, then the issue is far larger. Also, we don’t defend all towers because we weren’t trying to. I’m not sure when or what tower you’re talking about, but if you mean when we started taking your towers and keep near your base, then it’s because we didn’t want to defend.

Also, the reason you get the undermanned buff is because your server gives up and no one goes to WvW anymore after the first day. This happens in any WvW situation where the top server is holding everything or near everything.

blah blah blah, but in the end the problem remain the same, we are a small server and you dont. We can bring the whole server into WvW and still the same problem. So just..dont.. please.
Lack of anything is just a consecuence of the huge zergs against us, thats why some people no want to go anymore to WvW but I think most of the people still fighting, just we are no enought numbers.

We was doing great against servers with the same numbers till the match system started go insane on us. We can blame the system, or the players who transfered to bigger servers, whatever. Arenanet need to stop server transfers to big or medium servers, thats what killed us.

But the true is, your server win last match, what the kitten are you matched with us again? thats show me the match system still garbage.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Kiviar.7063

I do enjoy how every time I see someone commenting on an underpop server they always seem to think its so simple to get an extra few thousand all hours pvpers. I can assure you, if you went to Lions Arch and asked people to help our under strength wvw team, the only response you would get is:

“Forget world vs world, its terrible and pointless now stop clogging chat I can’t see the gold sellers!”

Anet should have done quite a few things differently. They should never have published wvw rankings. They should not have allowed people to transfer from low pop to high pop servers.

I understand why they did both things. They were stupid to do so and our server, along with 9 or so others have paid the price.

In the end it works out really well in my favor. I can run a 5 man group throughout all the battlegrounds capping supply points and raking in the karma.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

The match system is ELO. When we were against Anvil Rock the first time, we were in last place of the ELO bracket. Anvil Rock was in first place, at this time. Since we won, our ELO went higher, and yours slightly went higher as well since you were in second place, while the third place server (Ferguson’s Crossing) went lower. This put us above you, but not so much higher above you that we went into the next bracket. The match system isn’t wrong – it just takes time to work itself out.

NSP went from being an amazing server to a very bad server and now back to being a good server. We’re at least a couple brackets above where we’re at now. We were against Kaineng and Devona’s Rest until we got our kitten together. We had our major WvW guilds leave to another server because of a long queue, and only a few remained. Those few formed an alliance and brought the server back together.

As I said, we used to be a Medium population server. Because our server started doing well because of an alliance, we started getting more players. TBH came back recently as well. I was trying to help you guys since I was once in your position, but it seems that you lack a guild willing to lead or form an alliance.

If your server really refuses to work together or to even go to WvW, then I’m sorry to say that Anvil Rock will deserve its spot in the ELO bracket.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

You can solo supply camp, I do it all the time, but congrats on that 5 man group thing. Some of us could care less about the pop issue, we just want a fight. Your recruiting efforts to NSP while commendable, seems to have attracted some bad elements as well. I would rather be undermanned than be put in contempt.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Kiviar.7063

I would rather be undermanned than be put in contempt.

They will jump ship when NS gets stonewalled like Yak is being. So its fine.

Also: Its Elo not ELO its a person’s name not an acronym.

(edited by Kiviar.7063)

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Godfather.8217

Krathalos,

If your sever is so organized and so awesome in WvW, then please explain the numerous hack invested methods your server is using in order to win.

Twice, your group tried to take the anvil rock borderlands orb, and twice you failed.

3rd time, it somehow appeared in your Hills keep even though the battle was between Anvil and boris pass, and my guild actually took it from them and caused it to reset.

so until all these mysterious things that keep happening in WvW stop vs your awesome unified server who seems clear on saying anvil is not organized stops. I doubt anything you say in these forumns or for that matter anything that Shiverpeaks has to say.

You guys aren’t winning because your good, your winning because of your weak way of playstyle and exploits.

maybe in fair matches i’d give you credit, but till then you guys can’t win without any advantages.

Darksavage,
Leader
Syndicate of Shadows

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aephyx.2351

Aephyx.2351

" I was trying to help you guys since I was once in your position, but it seems that you lack a guild willing to lead or form an alliance."-Krathalos

Unless you recently transferred off our server, you don’t know squat about our guilds, alliances, or leadership. You are just an observer looking in from the outside. We never had some major alliance of pvp guilds in the beginning that left for greener pastures, to only realize the ques suck in high pop servers then come back. The leadership of [ANV] is a major factor that allows us to be able to recapture orbs almost at will. However, your server has some lowlife punks that feel that even though you guys out number us in pop, and are able to re-cap the whole map while we sleep, that you guys deserve to have all 3 orbs even if it takes hacks to do it.

If you want to “help” us, start by finding out who the person that’s hacking and report him. Other than that, all of your speculation on what we need to do to fix our server doesn’t apply to us, and just makes you seem pretentious.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Libalaw.5218

Libalaw.5218

I’m going to be honest here. There is some obvious hatred from some of our Anvil Rock players towards the Northern Shiver Peaks server. There’s no question about that and there’s no reason to question their reasons for being upset. This goes to anyone trying to put down or give smug statements around leadership on the server. Part of the problem is the hacking of stealing an orb. However, that can be fixed on our end by just retaking it. More work yes but long run people will become more rugged on the field and better at what they do since they need to do it more often than some others.

The problem that we’re running into, and this is the part I want all non Anvil Rock players to understand, is when the Orb is hacked, the altar it was on will never regenerate. The altar it goes to can be broken but the keep lord becomes invulnerable. So the initial hacker in turn has made it impossible for the opposing team to really gain the upper hand again. I hope this kind of sheds light on the stress our WvW is going through.

However, I implore everyone to stop blaming each other on everything going on. Bugs in time will be fixed hacks in time ( fingers crossed ) will be banned. It’s possible right now Anet is figuring ways to get this done. I’m not sure right now as it’s on a wide scale across several servers and no real action has been completed.

On the side note of coordination, NSP does have a strong organizational approach to the fight, I’ve seen what they do. The problem just goes full swing in reverse when we finally put everything into a seige only to get the Orb, which is a huge advantage at the moment, taken from us and there’s nothing we can do.

That’s what I got, please stop the argument as it’s not going anywhere and only making bad blood worse.

Xirilic – Defenders of Heroism (Hero)
Leadership is the capacity to transform vision into reality.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

Krathalos,

If your sever is so organized and so awesome in WvW, then please explain the numerous hack invested methods your server is using in order to win.

Twice, your group tried to take the anvil rock borderlands orb, and twice you failed.

3rd time, it somehow appeared in your Hills keep even though the battle was between Anvil and boris pass, and my guild actually took it from them and caused it to reset.

so until all these mysterious things that keep happening in WvW stop vs your awesome unified server who seems clear on saying anvil is not organized stops. I doubt anything you say in these forumns or for that matter anything that Shiverpeaks has to say.

You guys aren’t winning because your good, your winning because of your weak way of playstyle and exploits.

maybe in fair matches i’d give you credit, but till then you guys can’t win without any advantages.

Darksavage,
Leader
Syndicate of Shadows

My “group” doesn’t go to the Borderlands. You’d have to talk to one of them that do. I have nothing to do with the Borderlands at all. The guild I’m in goes to Eternal, and I don’t really plan to go to the borderlands. I’m only talking about Eternal, where we consistently win in organized battles. We’ve constantly stomped there, and the Orbs of Power have little to do about it.

From what I have heard, there’s an exploit where thieves can uses the shadowstep from the harpoon gun to get out of the water in those keeps. This could be what’s causing the Orbs to be stolen – I really don’t know. As I said, I rarely go to those maps, and I only went through them once for map completion.

As I can tell from the apparent snide remarks towards me so far, no one is willing to hold an actual conversation, so I can easily tell my time is wasted in this thread. Sorry for trying to help; apparently because I’m on NSP, all of Anvil Rock hates me.

You can continue to blame exploits or our “weak way of playstyles” if it helps you sleep better at night. I know that’s not why we’re winning, and I didn’t try to come up with excuses as to why we lost when we were losing.

You guys would at least have beaten us on day one or be beating Borlis Pass if that was the only issue.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Godfather.8217

Krat,

The orbs have plenty to do about it,

You underestimate the power of having all 3 orbs, it plays a difference, and as long as your server keeps hack stealing those orbs in control, I have no reason to believe you guys have any skill in wvw.

Anvil Rock WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Regardless of any bad blood or play style differences I rather am enjoying the higher activity of AR, before I normally would just get on and cap a few bases then the game would pretty much be over. At least today I had fun fighting.

As for the orbs I doubt many people who even knew about it, the person doing will probably get caught and probably already banned by Anet, but I’m sure Anet has the same privacy policy as every other company out there and the punishment will never be announced with the exploiters name.

Looking forward for tomorrow.

[DONE]