Any ETA on fixing the unplayable lag

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

This is now getting ridiculous.
T1 is UNPLAYABLE as soon as two servers are in the same place.

Once again tonight BG got its weekly Sor + JQ attacking our keep and we had a good hour of no skills, no heals, no nothing happening.

I mean one can move around but that is about it.

The game at this point is not playable…that means unplayable and it is not acceptable. We have been saying this for weeks and the threads are not even acknowledged. What is being done and how long is this going to take?

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Anet has no intention of breaking up the marriages of these 3 servers. They will always fight each other and the lag will live forever… Everyone lucky enough to get random matches except for these 3 servers. Any reasons why????

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Mesiphidon.8324

Mesiphidon.8324

It’s simple really. Unstack and the lag goes away. It’s your fault for creating super stacked band wagon servers under the illusion ‘Tier 1’ actually meant anything. Here’s a hint: It didn’t in the old system and it doesn’t now.

Anet themselves said tiers no longer exist or are irrelevant, so your continued insistence for them to ‘fix’ a problem you the players on those servers created is downright asinine.

None of the other servers experience ‘hour long queues’ skill lag so bad they can’t even auto attack or ruberbanding because none of the other other servers have 100 man blobs facerolling into each other again and again adnaseum.

Hardware for their servers and peoples computers can only handle so much. It was never intended for super stacked servers like JQ BG and SOR to be at the point they are now. Again this is a problem you all created for yourselves.

You want new match ups? You want lagless fights? You want zero or minimal queues?… Unstack your servers. It’s really that simple.

No one else ever wants to fight JQ SoR or BG because no other server is that stacked. It wouldn’t be fun for either side. How anyone thinks 100 man blobs spamming auto attack is fun is beyond me.

Be happy I’m not an anet developer because my ‘fix’ would be to get heavy handed and force transfer people off your servers for more balanced game play across all the servers.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

You really should be pointing the finger at all the guilds who jumped ship to join JQ, SoR, and BG in the past 4-5 months. If you just happen to be from one of those guilds, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

There is no reason for those 3 servers to have 24/7 mass coverage across all 4 maps while other servers struggle to field a small zerg in prime time.

If you want less ques and less lag, those severs need to be unstacked. If not, hopefully Anet just reverses all the transfers that have occurred to those servers in the past 4 months, then lock transfers down.

in WvW

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

@Mesiphidon.8324

Then why hasn’t arenanet reduced the number of players that can get into the battle lands to fix the lag issues?

in WvW

Mesiphidon.8324

@Mesiphidon.8324

Then why hasn’t arenanet reduced the number of players that can get into the battle lands to fix the lag issues?

They still haven’t found the sweet spot for player caps in a map. And if they lowered it again? Can you fathom how much more crying we’d hear from the ‘big three’ because their queue times got increased.

The primary reason? They expect multiple fights to be happening on the map, they expect groups to be spread out. Some larger groups taking towers, small havoc squads taking camps or disrupting supply dolyaks. They expect fights to be taking place at multiple points on the map. Not the entire server to be in one massive blob engaging the other servers blobs.

The richest part of it all though. These servers are still trying to recruit MORE people. They already complain about lag, queues and unplayability. So their answer… recruit more guilds and then have the audacity to complain to anet. Demanding a ‘fix’ for a problem they continue to compound.

It’s sheer lunacy and baffles every logical thinking process anyone could fathom. But I guess the illusion of being ‘tier 1’ or ‘top 3’ meaning anything is a strong one.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

@Mesiphidon.8324

Some of us have been asking ANET to do just that, lower the WvW map population caps because it is something simple that we know they can do easily (they’ve raised and lowered them multiple times already since the betas). But can you imagine the kittenstorm that it would start when just suggesting it on the forum generates all kinds of backlash? And then the queue monster would rear its ugly head again which would make everyone unhappy.

When ANET does lower the WvW map population caps they are going to have do it in conjunction with some other fixes that will help spread players back out again so I am hoping that is the only thing keeping them making the easy change right away. There are still some players who do not believe lower WvW map caps will help with skill lag but most all the evidence we’ve seen says otherwise. ANET says the AoE cap stays in place because more skill checks on more bodies would mean more skill lag, goes to figure just kitten dies (and skills firing at the same time) would go a long ways in reducing skill lag then. It is just a mater of time but the WvW map caps will have to be lowered eventually or get lower naturally as more players leave the game. I rather not it happen that way. Sorry but I just don’t really have a lot of faith in the tech being able to solve this one since skill has been an issue since before launch.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

seeing as how the last 15 threads made about this didnt get a response from anet – no, there isn’t an ETA

in WvW

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

seeing as how the last 15 threads made about this didnt get a response from anet – no, there isn’t an ETA

This is sad to hear because I believe WvW is a golden goose that needs to be fed.

in WvW

Mesiphidon.8324

Its fine…Elder Scrolls Online is coming out in the near future. If they are able to handle large fights I will be the first one to dump GW2 and run there.

if they don t want to fix this then people will leave. Every week this is what happens, one server on one side and another one on the other and the whole EB map lags to hell with 20 seconds heals if you are lucky. In this screenshot those are full JQ and full SoR not just a group of 20…the whole map was there.

…. Sooo it’s Anets fault your servers decided to super stack and then have server cap sized zerg/blobs in one single area of the map?

Are you for real right now?

This problem is -your- fault. YOU can fix it by destacking the servers and not running a single blob of the whole map on one icon. Why is this so hard to understand?

The ONLY servers where this is a problem are the ‘tier 1’ servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This is also a problem on non-stacked servers. Sorry if im busting all your fun of ripping into these 3 servers.

We’re a tier3 server and consistently get paired with t1 servers. They field massive blobs, thats really the only word for it. So big that even while we are outmanned the game still lags tremendously. And ow boy if we get two of those servers in the matchup.

Outmanned on 2 or 3 maps. And unplayable lag on all.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People need to understand that some issues aren’t really that easy to solve.

No matter how good servers you have there is always a risk of issues for someone.

Sure they can limit the amount of players on each map even more, but will that really solve anything? It will just make people stop bothering with WvW since they don’t want to spend hours in queues.
We have quite a few times each week where there are queues on our maps, and yet we don’t have “unplayable lag” so clearly the issue might not actually be the servers, bur rather the players machines or the playing style of the higher tier servers.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Okay I agree it have to be fix IF you consider GW2 as a MMORPG (massive) then it should be able to deal with the population. It’s pretty lame that we can’t play with no lag may be anet should find a new server provider that can handle with that.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I’m seeing unplayable lag on Eredon Terrace from time to time. Reducing the map cap will certainly help. But when you run onto a borderland with 20 people on it and get a huge lag spike and die to a guard you know something is wrong. This has started happening recently for me. I transferred to Blackgate and it was, surprisingly not as laggy despite having full map queues. Then I transfer back to ET a week later and the same thing happening. They need to reduce the cap, but there is something seriously wrong with some of the servers right now. And as far as I know, nobody from Anet has as much as acknowledged the current issue.

That said, WvW is in a really sad state right now so Im thinking of making sPvP my home.

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

ANet already said that it’s a problem they can’t solve 100% unless they rewrite the code and get better servers. So for months they are doing bandaid fixes.
Wvw is losing players every day and isn’t an aspect of the game ANet is focussing on. People in charge won’t allow extra cash for more devs, reallocate ressources or hardware to support wvw while their main goal (making tpvp an e-sport) is in far far away worlds.

If you can’t or don’t want to deal with the lag either move to lower tiers with population so low that the servers won’t crumble (in EU that would be Vabbi) or simply quit.

This problem is totally ANet’s fault and it was pointed out to them like 7-8 months before game went live. Everyone told them about the very high interest and demand in RvR/WvW, but they didn’t listen.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

The ETA is : Transfer to a low population server and stop ruining the experience of everyone!

Experience of T1/T2 server : Lag fest all the time
Experience of Mid server facing you : Roflstomp all day long by 5 times your numbers
Experience of lower server : Empty map all day long

Stop ruining it for everyone fools!

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I love how people always keep claiming that WvW is “losing players everyday” and yet these issues seems more and more common. Wouldn’t that rather point towards more and more people actually starting to do WvW?

And yes, the problem is partly ArenaNets fault, but not fully.
It is fully possible to be on full maps without having “unplayable lag” so clearly the issue lies not only with ArenaNet when some people experience lag.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This is sad to hear because I believe WvW is a golden goose that needs to be fed.

If by golden goose you mean that part of the game that not a lot of the population plays, then yes. More likely WvW will remain a small part of the larger GW2 game and the lag will fix itself with player attrition over time.

I am sure there are things they can do to reduce the lag. However there is a reason no MMO with this level of skill customization that I am aware of allows this many players to duke it out in one area.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Easy fix of skill lag:

• move to lower tier server
[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

It’ll get worse before it gets better. BT is having a tough time this week so all our whiners are threatening to transfer to T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Bushido.2184

Bushido.2184

Easy fix of skill lag:

Players and guilds transferring servers to “fix” the problem = crazy revenue for Anet. I can’t think of any other sane reason for letting a game-breaking formula remain for so long, even after acknowledging it’s a problem.

Leet Hacker (War) | Linüx (Necro) | Linúx (Ele)
Quit to play my 2 favorite competitive fps and moba games ported to my favorite OS.

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

You really should be pointing the finger at all the guilds who jumped ship to join JQ, SoR, and BG in the past 4-5 months. If you just happen to be from one of those guilds, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

There is no reason for those 3 servers to have 24/7 mass coverage across all 4 maps while other servers struggle to field a small zerg in prime time.

If you want less ques and less lag, those severs need to be unstacked. If not, hopefully Anet just reverses all the transfers that have occurred to those servers in the past 4 months, then lock transfers down.

10 years ago I would agree with you but this is 2013. It’s embarrassing the fact anet servers can’t handle 150-250 players in a single area. DAOC would have hundreds of players battling it out over relics or just over choke points. Skill lag never happened, only maybe the occasional server d/c. It came out in 2001!
They investing too much into the graphics and didn’t have the hardware to support a Massive Multiplayer Online game.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Players and guilds transferring servers to “fix” the problem = crazy revenue for Anet. I can’t think of any other sane reason for letting a game-breaking formula remain for so long, even after acknowledging it’s a problem.

How much knowledge and/or experience do you have with software development and server management?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

…. Sooo it’s Anets fault your servers decided to super stack and then have server cap sized zerg/blobs in one single area of the map? The ONLY servers where this is a problem are the ‘tier 1’ servers.

Yes. It’s Anet’s fault. They intended for super stacking and super blobbing. The pop cap and mechanics should’ve been thought out before implementation. Anet should’ve known their own capabilities before releasing the game. And Anet has the power to fix it either by lowering the population cap and forcing guilds who can field 100-200 each day in WvW to move to servers that better fits them. Even if it means allowing them to transfer out for free, Anet has the power to do so. Anet can even fix it now, in the future, or anytime they feel the need to. If people complain about the caps, then they need to go to where there’s no queues. There’s no queues in almost any maps in JQ except for EB and during reset. So lowering the caps shouldn’t hurt the overall of the game. In fact, it might balance it some more and forced some guilds to look for a server that will allow their entire guild to play. I still say 40-50 per map should be max…

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

I heard this game runs on Windows 3.1 servers

Seriously, though, this company needs to get something done about the WvW issues. We keep hearing something is being done, but it has turned into “The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf”.

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Easy fix of skill lag:

hey you bought a car that advertised it could go to 100 but instead barely goes to 50…solution? use your bike instead
great solution indeed.

Why not also:

- Stop playing
- buy and play WOW
- Go visit the world instead of sitting at a computer

Its not called Massive Multiplayer Online for no reason and Massive does not mean 40 people

Dear Fanboy:

You purchased a game that has issues. Your Pro-ArenaNet GW2 attitude/comments do nothing for gamers’ outcry for the company that developed it to stand behind what they sold us. Please step to the side of the line with your picket sign and allow those of us who wish for ArenaNet to fix known issues.

Sincerely,
Someone who wants ArenaNet to do something

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

its gonna last as long as you’re on one of the top 3 super servers, transfer if you dont like it, its that simple

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

its gonna last as long as you’re on one of the top 3 super servers, transfer if you dont like it, its that simple

Yep, people are going to transfer alright…to ESO.

The way ESO works, I’m sure the hardcore WvW guilds will all pick one PvP instance (“campaign”) where they can fight with and against each other at the highest level. No one will be telling them to transfer to a campaign with less competition because the game doesn’t worked properly.*

*(Contingent on ESO’s PvP endgame doing what is advertised to do: support all types of competitive WvW. From what we’ve heard so far, the odds are good).

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

“that part of the game that not a lot of the population plays”

What? Remember what the name of the game is? GuildWars2 Guilds as in large groupd of people and Wars as in combat

Guild Wars the name comes from the lore of the game not a description of the play and certainly not from WvW. There were three human guild wars. The original GW game was the period after the final guild war.

Are you under the misconception that this is a solo pve game and that there are more people who are buying the game to jump in the dark in JPs? I would love to see your stats and sources for that claim because as far as I can see this is a pvp game based around spvp and wvw and marketed as such with some pve added for people who are in queues waiting to get into wvw

If all WvW maps are capped the WvW population is estimated to be 2k on that server. This would be a relatively small percentage compared to the number of active PvE players. Nobody outside of ANet knows the real numbers but WvW and sPvP are likely side shows to PvE. This shows heavily in their content deliveries as they have been heavily PvE based.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

People need to understand that some issues aren’t really that easy to solve.

No matter how good servers you have there is always a risk of issues for someone.

Sure they can limit the amount of players on each map even more, but will that really solve anything? It will just make people stop bothering with WvW since they don’t want to spend hours in queues.
We have quite a few times each week where there are queues on our maps, and yet we don’t have “unplayable lag” so clearly the issue might not actually be the servers, bur rather the players machines or the playing style of the higher tier servers.

sigh …. again??

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Mesiphidon.8324

I play on TC, which is arguably too large as well at least in terms of balance for every server not a ‘super server’. But here’s the funny thing. I never get skill lag in WvW on completely full maps. Know why? First, I don’t run with any huge zerg that might crop up. Zerg play is boring as sin and thankfully most of the people below the super stacked ‘top three’ feel the same. And even TC zergs are nothing compared to the might of T1 server blobs.

So the issue is easily fixed by A. Not running server blobs, and B. Transferring to other servers that need the WvW presence. They should make transfers free off the top 3 as incentive. But the problem lies mainly in the hands of the players who decided lets put 300+ people in one single area on one single map.

If you think it was intended gameplay that the WHOLE server cap be in one spot then you’re deluding yourself with the tactics Anet intended. If you spent even 10 minutes watching any videos where Anet talks about WvW it’s pretty clear their intent was multiple battles raging across the map by various sized groups. Not server blobbing zergs auto attacking each other as they PvDoor.

Arguably yes, Anet could have put some design constraints in to help ‘fix’ this problem such things as a debuff to players who amass too many numbers in a single area would be a good start. But ultimately players will always game whatever system is in place to find the path of least resistance and the easiest way to victory.

They just then complain that the path they chose is suddenly boring, or laggy when it’s a problem entirely of their own making by the decisions they take.

Transfer to lower pop servers. Spread out on maps in multiple sized groups and all the skill lag in the world disappears. It’s like… magic.

In the end it’s up to YOU, how you choose to play the game. But don’t blame Anet when you decide to to take the path that strains the servers in a way of play Anet didn’t intend. Fixing the problem is easily done by you, try it out.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I play on TC, which is arguably too large as well at least in terms of balance for every server not a ‘super server’. But here’s the funny thing. I never get skill lag in WvW on completely full maps. Know why? First, I don’t run with any huge zerg that might crop up. Zerg play is boring as sin and thankfully most of the people below the super stacked ‘top three’ feel the same. And even TC zergs are nothing compared to the might of T1 server blobs.

So the issue is easily fixed by A. Not running server blobs, and B. Transferring to other servers that need the WvW presence. They should make transfers free off the top 3 as incentive. But the problem lies mainly in the hands of the players who decided lets put 300+ people in one single area on one single map.

If you think it was intended gameplay that the WHOLE server cap be in one spot then you’re deluding yourself with the tactics Anet intended. If you spent even 10 minutes watching any videos where Anet talks about WvW it’s pretty clear their intent was multiple battles raging across the map by various sized groups. Not server blobbing zergs auto attacking each other as they PvDoor.

Arguably yes, Anet could have put some design constraints in to help ‘fix’ this problem such things as a debuff to players who amass too many numbers in a single area would be a good start. But ultimately players will always game whatever system is in place to find the path of least resistance and the easiest way to victory.

They just then complain that the path they chose is suddenly boring, or laggy when it’s a problem entirely of their own making by the decisions they take.

Transfer to lower pop servers. Spread out on maps in multiple sized groups and all the skill lag in the world disappears. It’s like… magic.

In the end it’s up to YOU, how you choose to play the game. But don’t blame Anet when you decide to to take the path that strains the servers in a way of play Anet didn’t intend. Fixing the problem is easily done by you, try it out.

I’m on TC as well. If I’m roaming across the map and there is a large 3 way fight going on at SM on the other side I still get skill lag. I’ve gotten it on the other borderlands as well. I don’t think I’ve gone through a single reset night without either my skills lagging or just totally locking up at some point. It’s very easy to tell the lag on my Eng (current main) as I need to push 2x the buttons with proper timing than the other classes. If I was on my guard I wouldn’t notice it as much.

This isn’t the problem that just the players have caused. The current rules of the game make it so that blobbing up is better than spreading out (tactically). They’ve also increased the cap. Their servers can’t handle the loads. They make players pay to transfer to servers regardless if they are higher or lower. But by all means just blame the players.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Easy fix of skill lag:

hey you bought a car that advertised it could go to 100 but instead barely goes to 50…solution? use your bike instead
great solution indeed.

Why not also:

- Stop playing
- buy and play WOW
- Go visit the world instead of sitting at a computer

Its not called Massive Multiplayer Online for no reason and Massive does not mean 40 people

The only difference is you didn’t buy a car, but a computer game. It is ment to be entertainment. It’s like you go to the cinema, but the view on the screan is blocked by huge dude. You can now complain for the whole movie about the architect not thinking of that and not constructing the cinema better. Or you could just sit on one of the many chairs with a free view.

You see, any bad metaphor can be toped by another bad metaphor.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I find the lag to be a big problem. On SoR myself. Been on SoR long before we were big in WvW.

There is a certain standard that I have for entertainment, media, engineering, and inventions. It is a very simple and absolute standard, and I see no reason to move away from this standard anytime soon. This standard is a line drawn in the sand that instantly renders anything crossing that line as bad. Bad in content, bad in execution, just bad in general. The inverse of this standard does not have the same decisive nature, however, as things can be bad without crossing that line.

What is this magical line of quality, you ask? Well, it is quite simple: Anything that does not work is, by default, bad.

Just imagine if a movie cuts out halfway through, or if a videogame’s controls do not function properly, or if your car leaks all its fluids every time you drove it. Imagine that it was by some oversight or even by purposeful design that things were that way. You would say “Yeah, that movie is bad. It just breaks halfway through and they never finished it”. You would say “Yeah, this car is horrible. It drains all its fluids and breaks every 10 minutes because of it”. You would say “Yeah, that game is bad because the controls don’t respond so I can’t play the game”.

And this is why WvW is suffering. If I can’t use my skills, then it is bad design. If I can’t stay connected, it is bad design. If I can’t travel around due to the map lag, it is bad design. The system was built up and is incapable of handling the load put on it. So now the legs buckle and we’re all feeling it.

I can’t suggest a fix to the lag because I don’t know the cause of the lag. I’ve been in many circumstances when the lag seemingly came from nowhere. In the middle of the night, no large battles going, the map isn’t full, neither side is out-manned. All I know is that it seems like with every update to the game, the lag gets worse and worse. Fixing this lag should be priority #1 for anyone on the WvW development team, since until it is fixed by default WvW is bad.

The big theory floating around now is zerg balls. I am not sure if this is the true cause, but whatever. If the server can’t handle the load, then we either need a way to greatly reduce the incentive for zerg balling, or we need to reduce the number of players who are in WvW at any one time. Even if this is locking players out of WvW, as it stands right now Lag is already locking players out of WvW. Then, once the system has better optimization and it can handle greater numbers without having a seizure, then we can increase the cap again

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

- Reduce population cap on all map
- Overflow WvW map while you are in queue

Done

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Done

Yeah, overflow would work really well with scores and such…

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Done

Hate this…

Would be even harder to get a guild group into a zone.
And what is an overflow map? something where score doesn’t count? .. stupid..
Also lag isn’t all about the numbers .. if you have 2 50-60 person groups fight , both with a large melee train and you already will have lag..
Add a 3th server with same numbers and you will defiantly have lag.
So reduce zone numbers to 30 for each server???

Solution is stop zerging.
Zerging is booring.
It has no skill and is all about the numbers.
Ok, its a place where everyone (even the no skill players) can join and still win, but I hope most players rather play harder skilled challenging games instead of boring easy games.

I still think the best solution is:
Change commanders and squads to max size of 30 people and give them some good extra bonus/abilities (good enough so they are better then 90 people zerg without it)
As soon as a squad comes near to many allies or another squad the bonus stops working.

Meaning:
- no more insane large fights that create lag.
- no more winning only because you have a larger group
- more action all over the map since you have like 3 or 4 groups of each server running around.
- having only 30 people in a zone , but a very good group can (even if it is hard) control the whole zone killing all the other 30 people groups.. (so even low pop servers could score well)
- having a very good guild group running on a very populated server where there are 2-3 more other groups of that server running around will mean that guild group can only control a part of the map because its movement is reduced by other friendly groups running around.

(edited by Dutchares.6084)

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

You are obviously from stacked server. It might seems strange to you but most servers usually have empty map (meaning less than 10 players playing) all day long on all map.
And another thing that might seems strange to you, most WvW player don’t care about PPT.

Overflow will work just fine and if you can’t play on the map of your server and want to contribute to PPT then : transfer to a low pop server.

Thank you

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

You are obviously from stacked server. It might seems strange to you but most servers usually have empty map (meaning less than 10 players playing) all day long on all map.
And another thing that might seems strange to you, most WvW player don’t care about PPT.

Overflow will work just fine and if you can’t play on the map of your server and want to contribute to PPT then : transfer to a low pop server.

Thank you

You want the bring down the max cap of a zone to 10 player?

Aurora Glade Medium tier
When we(guild group TUP) run around 8-9 CET there are sometimes queues in some zones.
But even if you only have like 30 people running around in a zone .. with my idea you still could control a zone. As long if you have 30 players you could be on par with top rank(population) servers. Since it is not about the numbers anymore.

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

I actually love your suggestion Dutchares and it could be push easily with simple changes to the Commander Icon and Squad UI.

For example, just changing the commander icon so you only see it when you are in the commander squad would be fantastic for the game Meta! It would forced all players to join the commander squad so the commander can communicate with them and see their supply. It would also make it a lot harder for people not in the squad to follow the squad group around and form the huge zerg ball of lag we all know.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

It’s simple really. Unstack and the lag goes away. It’s your fault for creating super stacked band wagon servers under the illusion ‘Tier 1’ actually meant anything. Here’s a hint: It didn’t in the old system and it doesn’t now.

Anet themselves said tiers no longer exist or are irrelevant, so your continued insistence for them to ‘fix’ a problem you the players on those servers created is downright asinine.

None of the other servers experience ‘hour long queues’ skill lag so bad they can’t even auto attack or ruberbanding because none of the other other servers have 100 man blobs facerolling into each other again and again adnaseum.

Hardware for their servers and peoples computers can only handle so much. It was never intended for super stacked servers like JQ BG and SOR to be at the point they are now. Again this is a problem you all created for yourselves.

You want new match ups? You want lagless fights? You want zero or minimal queues?… Unstack your servers. It’s really that simple.

No one else ever wants to fight JQ SoR or BG because no other server is that stacked. It wouldn’t be fun for either side. How anyone thinks 100 man blobs spamming auto attack is fun is beyond me.

Be happy I’m not an anet developer because my ‘fix’ would be to get heavy handed and force transfer people off your servers for more balanced game play across all the servers.

Can each person just quote this and make all the replies this post.. this is what needs to happen.. this is what will make WvW worth while to EVERYONE again.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

Can each person just quote this and make all the replies this post.. this is what needs to happen.. this is what will make WvW worth while to EVERYONE again.

^ This

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

knock knock….. lag ? T1 ? T2 ? T3 ? oh hey.. look… apparently there are other servers…… spread……..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This is also a problem on non-stacked servers. Sorry if im busting all your fun of ripping into these 3 servers.

We’re a tier3 server and consistently get paired with t1 servers. They field massive blobs, thats really the only word for it. So big that even while we are outmanned the game still lags tremendously. And ow boy if we get two of those servers in the matchup.

Outmanned on 2 or 3 maps. And unplayable lag on all.

I come from TC and this isn’t a problem at all. Rarely do the clashes get big enough that lag occurs. It does happen, but it’s few and far between. Even when we have 100 people on that map it rarely happens.

This is because we don’t blob around to the extent that the T1 servers do; that and our opponents can’t usually field the same numbers. Only occasionally do we get it if were against DB or FA in prime time.

The point is, Anet (for whatever reason) has allowed 100 people per server, per map when their servers can’t handle it. There are only 2 real logical solutions:

1) Transfer to a lower tier server where the population isn’t that big
2) Break up the zergs into small groups

in WvW

Posted by: AllCityCrew.7032

AllCityCrew.7032

We created a problem by participating in their game? Okay.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

First of all the “T1” servers wanted the max on each map and recruited to get it.
Then they complained about the long queues, and still recruited for more.

Next they bunched all the players on a map because numbers>skill
Then they complained about all the lag.

Easy solution for Anet.

Either do things to allow for the entire max population on a map to be in one place and still play the game as it should be played.
Or do things to prevent/discourage entire map population to be in one place.

This could be done by reducing map cap, changing graphics, map changes, score changes, better servers, better code…whatever. Anet will decide what’s the easiest or best way to do this.

Another thing Anet can do is if someone is queued on a red server, they will get bumped down to the lowest population red server until they no longer have a queue.

in WvW

Posted by: AllCityCrew.7032

AllCityCrew.7032

First of all the “T1” servers wanted the max on each map and recruited to get it.

Sounds like you just described something that is the fault of anet, not the players.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Sounds like you just described something that is the fault of anet, not the players.

Then don’t start QQing when Anet’s solution is to reduce map cap.

I would rather see a balance change where a WvW matchup between server #1/#12/#24 would be a close match each an every day.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

ETA for a fix: When you transfer.

I rarely have skill lag. Maybe when there’s 150 players in SM. But I would never sit in SM while there are 150 players there, and if the lags spreads throughout the entire zone I would just map to a BL.

Oh, you have queues on every map?

ETA on that fix: When you transfer.

TLDR; If you don’t like the quality of play you are getting in T1 then don’t play in T1. If transferring down is not applicable then quit the game.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

@Mesiphidon.8324

It is already reduced….haven’t you ever been stuck in the queues for over 5 hours after the servers reset?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet