Any idea how to siege hills?

in WvW

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

I never thought i had to ask this but… any idea on how to siege hills?

This is the situation: they have 4-5 arrow carts in the north gate, another 4-5 in the southern gate, they have a treb in the vista, another in the bridge, another in fron of the middle inner door, they can build another treb if needed cause they have supplys (not the keep the keep is 0 but we can’t starve them at all)

Do i leave this as an impossible keep or does anyone have any clue on to siege this?

Please, take into consideration that i tried all the traditional (and very strange) spots for a treb.

PS: This is what Anet did, making a keep impossible to siege…

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

1)Kill the treb at the vista and siege down the north wall from NE camp. If they build another treb just kill it again.

2)If you have impatient people, go to the borderland of whoever is in hills and start taking stuff from them.

3)Go to the western wall and build catapults to take it out. If you need coverage build a few arrow carts of your own.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

(edited by Gorefiend.9675)

in WvW

loseros.5912

Kill the treb at the vista and siege down the north wall from NE camp. If they build another treb just kill it again.

Did that, 3 trebs attacking our treb to kill the one in the vista. Does the one in the camp, reach the one in the vista?

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

once you manage to get pass outer gate, have fun passing that bridge and charge into the lord room.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

Kill the treb at the vista and siege down the north wall from NE camp. If they build another treb just kill it again.

Did that, 3 trebs attacking our treb to kill the one in the vista. Does the one in the camp, reach the one in the vista?

The one in the camp can reach the treb at the vista. Also, a ballista on the hill in between hills and NE camp should be able to hit the vista treb as well.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

loseros.5912

once you manage to get pass outer gate, have fun passing that bridge and charge into the lord room.

Lol, that’s not a problem for sure, more trebs will be built to play basketball at the lords room

Asterilla

in WvW

loseros.5912

The one in the camp can reach the treb at the vista. Also, a ballista on the hill in between hills and NE camp should be able to hit the vista treb as well.

We will try a golem rush that we know will surely fail, but we need to test those new arrow carts xD after that we’ll try to kill and siege-camp the vista sporlt so they can’t build another treb to counter treb. Anyways if they build one in the mortar spot they could kill ours in the camp… this is too stupid countertrebing.

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Hills cannot build a safe counter treb, every single one of its defensive trebs can be balista-ed or arrow carted or just AoE-ed (unlike Bay, which can build trebs that can be countered only by other trebs).

Counter trebs:

• Vista to counter camp: Balista or AC from below.
  • West side to counter camp hill: Must be built on walls of inner to hit the western hill (safely) but a treb on the western hill can be built far enough away to still hit the wall without being in range of the treb.
  • South to counter camp vista: Treb must be built on the overlook of the outer walls, it can be hit by AC and AoE very easily.

Offensive trebs (be sure to remove the mortars first):

• North-East camp cliff can hit walls, is right next to a camp and can have defense or more trebs built effectively endlessly.
  • North-East cliff can hit walls with cata, treb can clear the northern gate and walls and hit inner.
  • Western cliff can hit walls from far enough away that it cannot be countered from inner and a treb has to be built on outer walls, if built close enough it can hit outer and inner from the same spot.
  • Southern Supply Camp Vista can hit the door from relative safety with only a treb being able to counter but that treb must be built in the open to reach. The offensive treb is built on a very easily defendable choke and is adjacent to a camp yet again.

Once hill is compromised and cut off from supply, the attackers can siege it up, preventing reinforcements as they are forced to access either through north or south and can easily be cut off.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Not sure what the problem is here. Just because you throw numbers at something doesn’t mean it should instantly flip.

Just try some interesting treb spots. Once you get through outer it should be a cakewalk.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

If you have sufficient manpower to defend the treb against ground attack, there a couple of other places you can put it and not have to worry about counter siege. Think ravines.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

We will try a golem rush that we know will surely fail, but we need to test those new arrow carts xD after that we’ll try to kill and siege-camp the vista sporlt so they can’t build another treb to counter treb. Anyways if they build one in the mortar spot they could kill ours in the camp… this is too stupid countertrebing.

There is a spot where you can place a treb that can not be mortared. It is behind the rock to the far left of the ledge (looking towards hills). It is a very specific spot though so be careful.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

loseros.5912

Lol we managed to get through the southern door with golems (no golems survived) with a little distraction in the north…

And we ended punching the door to open it… OMG!!!!!

More than 20 superior arrow carts, 4-5 superior trebs, and that’s to defend the outter… i don’t wanna know ehat they could do in the inner.

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

when people arnt on and golem rush, keeps happening to us >.>

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

You don’t…..

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Vena.8436

You don’t…..

Tell that to WM who flipped a T3, waypointed hills.

Or JQ, who did the same to T2 waypointed hills.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

loseros.5912

How??? Was the enemy outnumbered? Did defenders had so kany sieges? And where them with the siege weapons inside hills?

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

How to capture Hills:

1. Attack Hills
2. ???
3. Capture Hills!

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in WvW

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

When your enemy is sleeping.

It has happened twice in T1 since patch, both times no enemy present. Even 5 defenders can keep off anything off hills now.

in WvW

Vena.8436

How??? Was the enemy outnumbered? Did defenders had so kany sieges? And where them with the siege weapons inside hills?

Depends on the case?

JQ took it from us because we got caught with our pants down and a bunch of superior AC on inner didn’t do kitten to people who knew how to burst them down and then cata down the inner side wall.

When your enemy is sleeping.

It has happened twice in T1 since patch, both times no enemy present. Even 5 defenders can keep off anything off hills now.

NA Prime time is not when people are asleep.

But thanks for belittling the efforts of SoR and JQ for taking back their keeps from BG.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

loseros.5912

Well that’s mainly PvDoor… i’m asking a well defended one. I mean, the only way to do this is to catch them offguard and rush them…

Asterilla

in WvW

Vena.8436

Well that’s mainly PvDoor… i’m asking a well defended one. I mean, the only way to do this is to catch them offguard and rush them…

So you want to take Hills with all 80 players inside of it? You can’t take Garrison or Bay with such odds either… so what exactly are you looking for here? An “I WIN” button on hills?

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Honestly hills lord room with properly setup arrow carts and 20-30 defenders should be able to hold out vs nearly any size force. Even both other servers alternating rushing.

Chills, immobilizes, knockbacks, cripples, reflections, lines of warding and sanctuaries, boon stripping , etc + arrow carts + aoe damage should all be concentrated on lord room hallways. Nobody should get through that kill box unless the defenders are bad. This was true before the arrow cart buff. It is doubly true now. Even a single staff ele can stop a zerg long enough for the pre-buff arrow carts and AOE damage to drop them, much less if other people help them CC.

Getting through the outer and inner gates is the easy part lol.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in WvW

loseros.5912

They were no more than 15 and we were like 40-50. I’m serious with this post. If they counter treb me everywhere, there’s othing i can do… catas rams and golems are useless nowadays…

Asterilla

(edited by loseros.5912)

in WvW

Vena.8436

Honestly hills lord room with properly setup arrow carts and 20-30 defenders should be able to hold out vs nearly any size force. Even both other servers alternating rushing.

You can build AC out and to the side of the lord’s room which cannot be targeted from the inside because of the length of the tunnel. You can also put a balista on the tunnel which cannot be reached by the Altar balista, and just drop exploding shots inside to thin out numbers.

As it is, you cannot get people back into hills lord room once they die because of how its set up.

They were no more than 15 and we were like 40-50. I’m serious with this post. If they counter treb me everywhere, there’s othing i can do… catas rams and golems are useless nowadays…

Considering others have done it (as I just sighted above and against more than 15 players on defense)… what more do you want from us? Go ask JQ’s SF and EMP how they do it because they very certainly can and have.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

While it would be a fun challenge to break in (as you eventually did) it might be a better tactic to just move quickly to other targets and maps trying to find weak points to hit for a few hours, then pop back in for a quick strike and try to catch them unaware. All that siege has to be refreshed. The 30 minute timer often did not work pre patch, but now it (supposedly) does. Maybe they have a few players willing to do the boring work of refreshing, hour after hour, and maybe they don’t. I suspect that’s going to be a more important tactic with the new ACs: quick attacks that test defenses. If the defenses are too strong, go where they aren’t, and wait for stuff to despawn before trying again. On servers with good coverage on all maps it might not work, but I know there are others where it will.

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Did they have other holdings, and troublesome forces on map? Did Hills have a WP? If no, then you hold the upper hand, despite their siege. You control supply and you control their ability to enter/re-enter the keep via gates. Try and try again to punch as many holes as you can, destroy as much siege, cannons, oil, mortarts, etc.. Grind down their supplies. It might feel like failure, but as long as you have access to fresh supply and they don’t, and you are damaging/destroying stuff, you are making progress.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

You can build AC out and to the side of the lord’s room which cannot be targeted from the inside because of the length of the tunnel. You can also put a balista on the tunnel which cannot be reached by the Altar balista, and just drop exploding shots inside to thin out numbers.

If you can reach them with arrow carts they can reach you. You cannot out range an arrow cart with an arrow cart unless one person has masteries and another does not. By the same token the range extension will extend how far the inner arrow carts are a threat as well as the ones that get built under the bridge.

As it is, you cannot get people back into hills lord room once they die because of how its set up.

All depends on the class attempting to get back inside, or the group. A couple front runners with CC and invulnerability will at the very least get the rest in. Also keep in mind the waypoint timers. Just as well people camping the bridge are very vulnerable to mesmer pulls and jittery bridge lag.

Taking hills from any decent defenders is dependent on them screwing up and allowing you to do anything. Oh, and the guardian staff attack hitting through walls.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: ibajiah.5280

ibajiah.5280

What do you o to protect siege now? Any siege like cats and trebs on high ground will AlWAYS have a better range than if you’re attacking from above, so what are you supposed to do except have a siege battle to see who can build siege faster and faster as each piece goes down? It’s my understanding that Arenanet wants to make WvW one dimensional an static with this game patch, so what do we do now to take anything?

Fort Aspenwood
Spirit of Faith [HOPE]

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

So you want to take Hills with all 80 players inside of it? You can’t take Garrison or Bay with such odds either… so what exactly are you looking for here? An “I WIN” button on hills?

I’m pretty sure he’s asking if theres a scenario that you would have a good chance at flipping hills with people ACTUALLY defending, not PvD. Because anybody can flip a keep PvD. he’s seriously wanting some insight, which i cannot give considering hills keep is impossible to flip if defended in my mind.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Cap everything else in the BL and let them have Hills?

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Bones.5762

lets not act dumb.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

Cap everything else in the BL and let them have Hills. Then go to their BL and cap everything as they try to defend the hills.

FTFY

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Vena.8436

lets not act dumb.

Thats not actually dumb… especially if Hills gets zero supply while being trebbed.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Bones.5762

lets not act dumb.

Thats not actually dumb… especially if Hills gets zero supply while being trebbed.

Lets assume were playing with people with some intellect here that can actually do more than just act dumb. I’m not saying its a dumb plan, great if you can do it but lets be realistic and say that they also flip other things while your on the move instead of sitting in one keep for hours doing nothing while you flip the whole entire map.

But it still doesn’t answer the question how to flip a t3 hills keep thats DEFENDED. If theres not an answer its only reasonable to say that it cant be done or that it takes longer than 4hours which is too long just to flip something in my mind because not everybody can spare over 4hours to flip just one keep. I would actually like to see a video of somebody sieging and flipping hills keep that is defending with superior AC.

PS: hills can counter treb just about all trebs hitting it if not all trebs.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why would you wanna take hills? It’s not fun and doesn’t give you anything. Better idea just kill stuff outside and if other server manage get in go and wipe both servers inside.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Bones.5762

i think ppl are just missing the point. OP wants to seriously learn something, (as well as me) and people are basically saying, just ignore it and flip everything else, once enemy defenders are afk or offline we can go pvd everything unless were the server that gets pvd at night in which case we may never get to flip hills keep using this strategy.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Vena.8436

Lets assume were playing with people with some intellect here that can actually do more than just act dumb. I’m not saying its a dumb plan, great if you can do it but lets be realistic and say that they also flip other things while your on the move instead of sitting in one keep for hours doing nothing while you flip the whole entire map.

Given the 30 second window for an attack to even trigger flags, they need scouts on all of their property (less people at hills), they need a force flipping camps for supply (less people at hills), and they need to be ready to counter long-ranged trebs on their other properties from easily bunkered down locations (like zerg island, assuming they control Lake).

If the main siege is ongoing at Hills/NE Camp then the majority of both zergs will need to be deployed in that region but the defenders entrenched at the camp have every advantage over Hills defenders: endless supply for trebs, ac, and balista, as well as high ground on the treb spot + NPC support in the camp. That means they can afford to shave off a few people. A few people, especially with +5 supply and any perks therein for supply capacity, can build a catapult on Lake or a treb on zerg island and begin sieging Lake while also either completely flipping or just cutting off the Water and South supply (and draining them when they are going to be lost).

What happens then? Lake only has a couple of scouts at best and if people peel off to defend lake, then their offensive to flip the NE camp will fail, the attackers will continue attacking, and the havoc squad is going to come right back to harass your tower and supply.

Defending is a losing battle if all you do is defend but Hill’s structure basically forces it into such situations because of its proximity to either of the camps, allowing it to be sieged from either direction. Bay has the same problem with Refuge but that one is even worse as it can hit inner but Bay is meant to be the easiest of the three to take. That’s why its:

• Green BL: Blue (middle server) has Bay, Red (weakest server) has Hills.
  • Blue BL: Green has Hills, Red has Bay.
  • Red BL: Green has Bay, Blue has hills.

Once Hills outer walls are lost, it becomes a whole other ballgame as attackers can siege up the southern entrance and cut off any and all reinforcements that have no other entry point aside from running all the way north and then in. Which are not flaws to either Bay or Garrison, as both have so many inlets that defenders can almost never be cut off.

PS: hills can counter treb just about all trebs hitting it if not all trebs.

It can, but all of them have to be placed in balista range to hit certain spots (which cannot be hit by anything short of another balista) or within range of the treb assaulting. The western side has to be placed on the outer walls to counter the treb spot there, and the southern treb counter is placed where it can be easily AoE by an elementalist or two.

Hill’s has outer wall advantage but inner wall disadvantage as trebs/catas that bring down the outer, can bring down the inner too. Garrison is the opposite (assuming that you’ve taken one of its adjacent towers which is a third of the fight to even remotely start contesting it) as it can be trebbed on outer but there is no way to hit inner with safe trebs. Bay is a whole other story.

[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in WvW

Bones.5762

I’m sorry im a little tired so i just skimed through your post, but remember this is a threeway fight too, you also have to defend yourself from the 3rd server, unless they have zero pressence in that map. A t3 keep will have waypoint most likely, so you still have that split interval to waypoint in, making it easy to teleport in with supplies, (remember you have a 30second headstart when flipping ANY camp now too, and it only takes like 20seconds for a group of 5 lvl 80’s to flip a camp. Also because hills kee kitten o deeply sieged up around the walls, nobody will be blockin people from running into it, and if for some reason they have a zerg of 100 and split it just good enough to stop people from going in, theres always people who can chain portal if its really that bad. I would be the people defending hills keep over the people trying to flip hills keep anyday not because its fun but because it’s easier to accomplish.

Also remember, if you do have everything flipped besides hills keep, siegerazer commander will be up for them which will automatically dispense EVERYONE near him 10 supplies, so imagine just timing your waypoint, and instant porting back with 30players with 300supplies. Also when you pass it all, youll still hit the extremely hard chokepoint at the lords room (if they sieged it). you can build AC around the outside of the tunnel at the side and shoot inwards too, but the AC can still hit them too if they push it towards the sides.

You can’t assume that players defending hills would just sit idle and do nothing while you iniate your attack, its just ignorant, because if you think of the reverse situation what would you do if you were defending hills keep and they applied these moves, are these the iwin button for flipping hills keep? that move worked “ok” before patch, and with the patch its still just an ok move, that doesn’t have a high success rate in my time spent in wvw.

and yes i wrote a long post too, but ima head to bed, ill check up on posts tomorow.

Will you help me move?

(edited by Bones.5762)

in WvW

Vena.8436

I’m sorry im a little tired so i just skimed through your post, but remember this is a threeway fight too, you also have to defend yourself from the 3rd server, unless they have zero pressence in that map. A t3 keep will have waypoint most likely, so you still have that split interval to waypoint in, making it easy to teleport in with supplies, (remember you have a 30second headstart when flipping ANY camp now too, and it only takes like 20seconds for a group of 5 lvl 80’s to flip a camp. Also because hills kee kitten o deeply sieged up around the walls, nobody will be blockin people from running into it, and if for some reason they have a zerg of 100 and split it just good enough to stop people from going in, theres always people who can chain portal if its really that bad. I would be the people defending hills keep over the people trying to flip hills keep anyday not because its fun but because it’s easier to accomplish.

You can’t assume that players defending hills would just sit idle and do nothing while you iniate your attack, its just ignorant, because if you think of the reverse situation what would you do if you were defending hills keep and they applied these moves, are these the iwin button for flipping hills keep? that move worked “ok” before patch, and with the patch its still just an ok move, that doesn’t have a high success rate in my time spent in wvw.

Admittedly, I’m assuming no assault from the third force that you’re leaving alone since they could just as easily also be sieging Lake and Hills from the south, at which point Hills is SoL. Leave them out since they are oddities that can go either which way and don’t help to serve either side. And so, we ignore them. The ability to portal people into Hills can only be done from the northern cliff inner safely, all other spots require the courtyard or therein region which has been, as I said in theory, lost with the walls. Once inner walls are lost, even that is gone (as well as the waypoint because of where it is placed, easily attacked while players load-in from the port).

As for the waypoint, that’s nice and all but they can only bring supply from outside of the map or by running halfway across the map to a camp that’s not being guarded to get anything. Like I said, the south/Water camp is being harassed if not outright flipped and kept drained. The new buff means the camp is on complete lockdown for 4 minutes and if it started at zero from a drain, its going to take a while to actually supply you with anything. Meanwhile, 0 yaks will ever leave that camp alive. Not to mention that that supply is not enough to keep up with a treb, it will only slow it down and only if its just A treb. Remember the attackers are camped on a camp (because of how Hill’s structured) so they can build as many trebs as they deem necessary. No amount of waypointing every three minutes is going to beat a couple of trebs, forget more.

I am also not assuming they sit idle. It takes ten seconds to start sieging Hills from the NE camp and unless both forces are already engaged in combat somewhere, the owners of the keep are going to come running when those treb shots start flying. It only takes one havoc squad to set up the treb on the camp to start the assault to which the zerg/commander can come to supplement if the defenders turtle/attack the camp. If they don’t… then they will slowly lose their wall. The more times you siege Hills, the less freedom the defenders have to do anything. What are they going to do? Use their supply to golem rush garrison?

A properly defended Dawn’s/Crags/Cliff is harder to take than Hills. It literally has no weakness, and has high ground to everything in every direction. You need to use the sentry treb to take out its siege if you ever plan on taking it: balistas guarding the door and balista build spots, arrow carts guarding the catapult spots, trebs guarding the NE camp treb spot.

[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

use Trojan Horse

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I understand the OP is looking for some brainstorming on how to actually take Hills. I haven’t really had much time to play the new patch myself, so I don’t have much for ideas and am curious as to everyone’s ideas too.

I was just trying to give a reminder not to get hung up sieging one location. One keep isn’t going to win WvW if they don’t hold much else. Go and cap everything else; draw them out; prevent that other server from capping everything behind you while you fussed over a keep.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Alekty.8706

Alekty.8706

I could think of a multitude of ways to take a well defended hills. Unfortunately all of the plans involves a weekend and fastfood.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

How to siege hills:

1. Wait a few hours and Riverside will drop from your tier.
  2. You get new opponents who don’t bunker.
  3. We get Riverside next week…
  4. Oh wait whut?
  5. Ok I quit :/
Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: Dropper.9176

Dropper.9176

Well to be honest , Baruch has got a strong night zerg and in the past you just keept on pushing onto a Point ( lets say hill ) and at some point the numbers just break the defence.

This Time you have to be more patient , use more Siege and dry it out.

Server with a mainly strong Night Shift gets punished now because few defenders can be a much bigger problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I would personally throw up a couple of trebs at the bottom of south gate stairs. The only way they could counter that is with a treb on the turret east of the wall, which in turn could be easily counter trebbed by your trebs without changing direction through some simple scouting of said turret. Bumrushing wouldn’t really be an option either. The fall down would kill you if untraited, and knock you on your face if you are. Thus you can control any enemy coming towards your trebs as long as your hold the S-ramp and the stairs themselves.

As has been mentioned, once you get through outer Hills is a cakewalk.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Caliban.3176

I would personally throw up a couple of trebs at the bottom of south gate stairs. The only way they could counter that is with a treb on the turret east of the wall, which in turn could be easily counter trebbed by your trebs without changing direction through some simple scouting of said turret. Bumrushing wouldn’t really be an option either. The fall down would kill you if untraited, and knock you on your face if you are. Thus you can control any enemy coming towards your trebs as long as your hold the S-ramp and the stairs themselves.

Those would easily be countered by the new Arrow Carts from the top of the hill. Before you say that you would have arrowcarts as well, it would only take a couple of traited warriors to suicide to stop that from happening.

And in what universe is Hills easy to take once you are through the outer? If I’m missing some sarcasm here, I do apologize. But srsly? Inner Hills is easy?

in WvW

loseros.5912

In that siege we tried to put a treb below the stone brigde, near to the “supply portal” to kill the left wall of the northern gate. They counter trebed AND counter arrowed. Insane.

We used 2 trebs and a 2 catas in the middle hill, they also countertrebbed. We tried to counterarrowcart, our arrow cart lasted exactly 5 seconds.

We didn’t try to take the vista treb, since it was stupid, they would build another for sure as they already did to counter us.

So what’s the point when you can’t hold 2 supply camps, both entrances and defendend a trebuchet at the same time…

And that without taking into consideration there’s a third server involved that is attacking the the keep (bay) you own… so you must have people defending also. And they’re attacking with a treb from a safe spot…

I think in ky opinion that the attacker that starts right hand side has a huge advantage if he takes hills and a huge disadvantage if hills is taken, since they treb down lake tower.

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

im sorry do we play the same game

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Those would easily be countered by the new Arrow Carts from the top of the hill. Before you say that you would have arrowcarts as well, it would only take a couple of traited warriors to suicide to stop that from happening.

And in what universe is Hills easy to take once you are through the outer? If I’m missing some sarcasm here, I do apologize. But srsly? Inner Hills is easy?

actually, inner hills got hit hard by the nerf to the likes of swirling winds. A siege battle will now be about who has the most ressources and not who can hold out longer, spamming projectile blocks all over the place.
It will still be hard to take, but they will not be able to bunker it up forever.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Caliban.3176

actually, inner hills got hit hard by the nerf to the likes of swirling winds. A siege battle will now be about who has the most ressources and not who can hold out longer, spamming projectile blocks all over the place.
It will still be hard to take, but they will not be able to bunker it up forever.

They won’t? What about the chokes, what about the lord’s room? I’d like to see you take out that siege.