Any intention on giving some depth

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

to this game again, in zergs running mainly gaurds+ wars = win, in roaming abusing perplex runes, where’s the tools for the side with lesser numbers to deal with such setups, carts dont’ deal enough dps to even stop wars+gaurds from ramming nor does it kill the rams fast enough, trebs are currently the only way to counter siege behind doors which in term get’s countered by omega golems if the enemy feels like it when they have the numbers, and the few zerker ele’s among these zergs that meteor shower your siege down, good luck trying to kill them when they are gaurded by gaurds and wars cc/support spamming.

where’s the tacticall depth, are we all forced to play the meta to compete or is there any chance on adding tools to deal with play 2 win in outmanned situations.

in WvW

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

I’d like the ability to move siege weapons, like arrow carts and balistia, cats and trebs but at an ultra slow pace.

that way a smaller group could build and move them into combat.

It worked in DAOC it would work here

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

where’s the tacticall depth, are we all forced to play the meta to compete or is there any chance on adding tools to deal with play 2 win in outmanned situations.

As a month old nub to GW2 back in the day, I used to think just smashing button #1 and following a zerg ball required no skill nor tactical play. That is until you come across competent commanders on teamspeak and your opinion will change. You will quickly come to the conclusion the commanders tactics and discussions on the field pretty much make or break the morale of the troops he/she is leading and no two commanders are alike as you will find a few to avoid running with at all costs, haha.

in WvW

LionZero.3479

I’m not complaining about tacticall morale psychology, and playing cat&mouse to keep numbers and morale up, i’m asking for tools to deal with bunkerzergs, currently nothing punishes them besides another bunkerzerg of equal force, or simply more force.

What we need is tools to deal with this make siege deal % based dps on hp make siege lower armour value’s lowering the value to zero if they tank it continiously each tick more armour loss for X seconds etc, such tools so these bunkerzergs have to use tactics better approaches rather then storming in with more numbers tanking cart fire and what not with eas, that’s the approach and tools i’m asking for so defenders can actually defend and attackers have to adjust to it rather then facetank and lol cap with more numbers while running their bunker zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

I’d be happy if they just fix what is broken.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think that both structures and siege weapons themselves really need some depth added to them outside of the WvW level system.

None of the things you can do to a structure are really transformative upgrades; the only exception to this rule is Waypoint, and Anet even wants to get rid of those. By transformative I mean they fundamentally change how you view the objective. A keep is just a keep until you get a waypoint in it, then it’s a deployment platform for people and golems. If you upgrade a tower, it’s still… Just a tower. It gets more HP, but it doesn’t fundamentally change how a tower works.

Siege is the same. There’re three stages of each siege; basic, superior (more damage) and Guild (more cheaper and more damage). WvW abilities can be transformative once you get their capstone spells, like a basic Arrow Cart is very different when you have Revealing Shots, but it’s a huge time investment to try to get any of them and it doesn’t actually effect the base siege. Again, there’s an exception in the rule in the Omega Golem which goes faster and punches rockets, but that’s really just adding range to the equation as well.

Also the nature of structures being wiped completely clean when they’re taken, and of upgrades taking such a short time to complete, makes WvW feel really transient. The matches last for a week long, but the games don’t really change at any level at any point other than participation rates declining as the week progresses. It would be really cool if the game changed as it goes along, in a way other than “lol let’s karma train it up because they’re all asleep”.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in WvW

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

I think that both structures and siege weapons themselves really need some depth added to them outside of the WvW level system.

None of the things you can do to a structure are really transformative upgrades; the only exception to this rule is Waypoint, and Anet even wants to get rid of those. By transformative I mean they fundamentally change how you view the objective. A keep is just a keep until you get a waypoint in it, then it’s a deployment platform for people and golems. If you upgrade a tower, it’s still… Just a tower. It gets more HP, but it doesn’t fundamentally change how a tower works.

Siege is the same. There’re three stages of each siege; basic, superior (more damage) and Guild (more cheaper and more damage). WvW abilities can be transformative once you get their capstone spells, like a basic Arrow Cart is very different when you have Revealing Shots, but it’s a huge time investment to try to get any of them and it doesn’t actually effect the base siege. Again, there’s an exception in the rule in the Omega Golem which goes faster and punches rockets, but that’s really just adding range to the equation as well.

Also the nature of structures being wiped completely clean when they’re taken, and of upgrades taking such a short time to complete, makes WvW feel really transient. The matches last for a week long, but the games don’t really change at any level at any point other than participation rates declining as the week progresses. It would be really cool if the game changed as it goes along, in a way other than “lol let’s karma train it up because they’re all asleep”.

I agree with your statement, the matches need some kind of progressive depth. There is a whole bunch of things that arena net can do with the dynamic event system that will spice the week a little. I would like to see more emphasis on the big keeps. make it harder to cap those during the off peak period of every night. One thing that really bothered me when my guild would be out in the field all day is that the ground we had taken with our blood was all gone in the morning by some morning claimers. If the large fortresses had a mechanic that made them hard to cap during the off peak time segment then i feel everyone would remember the wins and the losses and revere the soldiers that take the large fortresses. It needs to be designed in such a way that ones efforts do not feel in vain…. at least for just the week-long match. and the rate of change of hands of the large fortresses slows down and never gets capped during the off peak. an NPC army that you can hire for 5 hours or so that beefs up defence inside the castle for example. Anything to make the matches feel more conclusive and less transient.

The matches could easily have start game mid game end game phases with all sorts of ideas, mechanics, monsters from the past that have just recently appeared in the mists etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

There always will be a meta.

There are always utilities and traits that do not go well with each other no matter what the developers do. (would you take increased longbow range trait when you do not wield a longbow?)

There will always be better builds, and inferior builds.

There are tools available to defend against bunker zergs. Ive managed to do it multiple times this week.

Omega zergs are much harder as their shields can block some of their main counters. 10 can hold against 30, givin they have enough supply. And even a bunker zerg cant sit under 2+ superior arrow carts and live for very long.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

LionZero.3479

Seems the new ram line will make it even easier for bunkerzergs to just tankram, oh well >_>

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The new capture points are supposed to be tactical.

However, the major reward from these (the Bloodlust buff) are universal, rather than personal, and there will be kitten all reward for people who hold the points against recapping. This means it will fall on those who are already tactical to take and hold these point while the rest of the zerging grousp will a) continue unchanged and/or b) transfer to a more successful server that is more likely to have secured the buff.

in WvW

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

The new capture points are supposed to be tactical.

However, the major reward from these (the Bloodlust buff) are universal, rather than personal, and there will be kitten all reward for people who hold the points against recapping. This means it will fall on those who are already tactical to take and hold these point while the rest of the zerging grousp will a) continue unchanged and/or b) transfer to a more successful server that is more likely to have secured the buff.

I don’t see a problem with that. recruites get a taste of battle and veterans get a whole ruined area to capture that very much need people like them; their efforts are conducive to the ultimate objective. IM worried if a soldier hides behind a wall’s corner that the red name will give them away; lessening the importance of the ruins by a small amount.