Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Any new hints on feb WvW updates?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This is all i could find.

An excerpt from the interview :

“It’s worth noting, while they said we’re not working on new versions of the home maps currently, they didn’t say anything about new maps in general…..
Also I’ll throw out that the work our WvW guys are doing on culling and progression systems are extremely large, these are feature systems unto themselves. For example a lot of the culling work requires re-building almost entirely the way our game compiles, loads, and handles assets in general. For many companies, this task could literally years, we’re trying to pull it off in a matter of months, these guys are rock stars.
I know some of you got the impression there isn’t much development going on here, but I was to clarify you couldn’t be more wrong. There is a boat load of very serious WvW being done, much of it they discussed in this interview. Major features require many month long projects, our hope is you’ll start seeing the major fruits of those labors starting in our February update…You’ll hear more details from our WvW team once stuff gets closer to finalized and tested, but we think you’re going to be thrilled with the stuff that’s coming. As an old DAoC fan, I’m freaking stoked about what these guys are doing.”

http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/12/18/guildcenter-121712-special-guests-habib-loew-matt-witter-anet-wvw-devs/

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Whatever they do. I hope they realise its make or break for a lot of people.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Whatever they do. I hope they realise its make or break for a lot of people.

Agree,. If they can pull this of, GW2 will become a classic winner. Best thing for them is to bring in changes bit by bit. Create more incentives to go do WvW like personal titles.

Anet needs to realise that their diamond is WvWvW & PvE and not s/tPvP

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

I hope the allow private squads….. stop the 15 commander pins all over the map causing confusion.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

As long as there aren’t more dailies, I’ve left three previous games because of daily grinds. I want to log in with my limited play time and fight for my server with friends, not have that looming feeling of a grind I have to knock out first. I’m not really looking forward to this update myself since I know anything to do with progression here and with this playerbase means pve, and I’ll be left in the dust to never catch up, living Age of Conan, Rift, and SWToR all over again.

Kash
NSP