Any statement from Anet that new WvW-failed?

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Topic.. have they accepted the fail of the new WvW or they pretendig it to be fine?
I’ve never see so less ppl in WvW since release of the game… all friends of mine that played wvw hardcore are sad because the changes and play other games.. I dont wanna give up WvW becuase its been so fun all these years but…its not fun anymore just eb and eb and eb but i miss homeborder.. i miss hills and bay..

so any statement?

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Trollin’ with the old meme-like pic, ’cos I was not banned yet on the forums which is a shame:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/158908/ColinAlchemy.jpg

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Topic.. have they accepted the fail of the new WvW

so any statement?

The lack of statements speaks loud and clear.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Boa Cinderella.1298

Boa Cinderella.1298

Do soccer-players have to adapt to a golf-course? No!

The longer ArenaNet hesitates for giving us a clear statement, the more we feel ignored and rejected.

I can’t believe that ArenaNet really knows what kind of WvW most of us like to play. They might not see how much the WvW-server communities suffer because players and commanders abandon, leaving and avoiding the new borderlands queuing EB or switching the game off. Those few karmatrained raids apart from facing enemies are a very bad replacement for what we had before. Don’t tell me this would be ambitious playing, defending and controlling a map.

Stephane Lo Presti (ArenaNet) made this statement 3 months ago: “Many of our developers are dedicated WvW players but for this event ( Adopt-A-Dev program ) they got out of their comfort zones of the worlds, guilds and friends they knew to fight side by side with other players on different worlds, make new friends and see how other guilds operate.”

If this would still be valid, our questions and suggestions would not be unanswered and maps would get changed from the actual hide-and-seek-maps to better competitional/tactical maps as we know and prefere them …

Do chess-players have to adapt to a Malefiz pitch? No! I recommend: better not overextend borderlands by size and labyrinthic highground and underground levels. A trial with the old borderlands would result in a clear vote for them.

Boa

- Piken – [ONYX]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET knows they failed. Not really sure why they would post something to just validate the obvious.

Funny reset story: I am in NA T2. On reset night there was a 50+ queue for EB and the BL maps had no queue,

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

so any statement?

Saying things like that use to be cleaver but now its way over used.

Any way WvW pop been falling way before HoT what you saw when HoT came out is a lot of ppl came back yet wvw was effectively the same game that they did not play but this time there was a lot of pve “end game” level to play. At the end of the day MMORPG are about there pve it is the main driving forces behind these games. Wvw was only big in GW2 becuse of the lack of end game pve having pve players in wvw to try to patch work an end game for them. They no longer need to do it and the pve or the “blobs” are gone from wvw.

So now ppl have something to work out do you keep playing wvw for ppt fights or not at all and turn to the “dream” year+ down the rode that may or may not work out. Its a question of do you keep RvRing or simply give up on the game type.
I find it silly that ppl make a lot of nothing and in effect rage quit into doing nothing for a year thinking there groups will last that long with out any real active rvr content. I say try to make the best out of what you have and try to move forwarded but do not give up on a game type for so long or you will find that the game type for all games will become pointless to you and others (game makers).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

so any statement?

Saying things like that use to be cleaver but now its way over used.

Any way WvW pop been falling way before HoT what you saw when HoT came out is a lot of ppl came back yet wvw was effectively the same game that they did not play but this time there was a lot of pve “end game” level to play. At the end of the day MMORPG are about there pve it is the main driving forces behind these games. Wvw was only big in GW2 becuse of the lack of end game pve having pve players in wvw to try to patch work an end game for them. They no longer need to do it and the pve or the “blobs” are gone from wvw.

So now ppl have something to work out do you keep playing wvw for ppt fights or not at all and turn to the “dream” year+ down the rode that may or may not work out. Its a question of do you keep RvRing or simply give up on the game type.
I find it silly that ppl make a lot of nothing and in effect rage quit into doing nothing for a year thinking there groups will last that long with out any real active rvr content. I say try to make the best out of what you have and try to move forwarded but do not give up on a game type for so long or you will find that the game type for all games will become pointless to you and others (game makers).

Sorry… but from my end PVE could burn in hell for all I care. I tried the new pve content, played it for 3 days and left it for those who likes to bash things with no human conscience. I love facing an opponent that could kill me since his movement are not programmed. I Will still try the new raid content, but I have to admit that I would prefer WvW to be in a good spot. I did take a 1 or 2 week mini break before the Xpac came out (like every gamer does when an Xpac is announced… you simply wish to be filled with energy and ready to play to your heart content).

GW2 used to be my only game for 3 years. I had 4 nights with my guild mates going around and map hoping in the borderland and fighting to our heart content. Now we have 3 nights since friday night is the new thursday (see here WvW reset on saturday now) and even those nights are now exclusively on Eternal battleground (I don’t hate the map, it’s just that Alpine Borderland was still my favorite). When there was no WvW event with the guild, me and my friends would roam in Alpine Borderland (be it ours or the ennemy). Roaming on EB was always not the best since it is where the blobs go and now Desert(ed) borderland is so empty that roaming is not an option there (unless you are patient and have hours on hand to spend looking for a fight). So I play Stronghold and do the night events with my guild, otherwise I go play some other games…

Don’t simply assume new PVE content is such a huge event for those who love facing other players (maybe for some, but not for everyone). Hell, WvW was still really active even after 3 years with the game mode barely being touched (atleast down in tier 4 NA).

To each their own playstyle. If a game dropped the towel on your playstyle, you can grind your teeth and give it a chance (like I’m currently doing), but you know that even with a player with hardened resolve, this situation won’t hold on forever, a fix will need to be brought to the table at one point in time.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Our BL maps didn’t have queues primarily due to the lag, not that people didn’t like them, seems the central event causes insane lag for some reason.

I, and many of my friends, love the new maps, but the combat is what kills it. Stability being stripped off the entire frontline the moment it goes up among other things. But then again, maybe we just need to fully shift to a different playstyle to counter it.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Our BL maps didn’t have queues primarily due to the lag, not that people didn’t like them, seems the central event causes insane lag for some reason.

I, and many of my friends, love the new maps, but the combat is what kills it. Stability being stripped off the entire frontline the moment it goes up among other things. But then again, maybe we just need to fully shift to a different playstyle to counter it.

Don’t forget that when the Stab is gone, you’re spammed with CC’s, massive condi stacks and you melt like butter even tho you have 3400 toughness that is useless against it. I parked my Guard in the garage, my Condi Ranger has more survivability.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Trollin’ with the old meme-like pic, ’cos I was not banned yet on the forums which is a shame:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/158908/ColinAlchemy.jpg

To add to this:
http://i.imgur.com/eACzJ4e.gif

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

ANET knows they failed. Not really sure why they would post something to just validate the obvious.

Funny reset story: I am in NA T2. On reset night there was a 50+ queue for EB and the BL maps had no queue,

Sounds like T1 at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Not to mention that most of the borderlands are actually empty (not just lacking queue).

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Not to mention that most of the borderlands are actually empty (not just lacking queue).

Yeah it’s really sad. You can go to home BL, and unless it’s just the map jumpers flipping stuff there will be absolutely no one there.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

When all is said and done, WvW will be fine and people 3 years from now will love the maps like we loved old Alpine. It sounds like it won’t be the same people, but oh well. If you’re going to quit, do so with dignity. Enough with the dramatic threads already.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

i rather sit in LA then go to the new maps haha

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

When all is said and done, WvW will be fine and people 3 years from now will love the maps like we loved old Alpine. It sounds like it won’t be the same people, but oh well. If you’re going to quit, do so with dignity. Enough with the dramatic threads already.

If you have loved WvW since release its not that easy to just quit it without fighting anet to bring the old memories back – the old maps.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

i rather sit in LA then go to the new maps haha

I personally actually really like afk’ing/playing with bank and tp on the new map apposed to the usual cities. As long as your server has an upgraded Garri anything you need is not very far from you at all and it looks beautiful! I know we’re all supposed to be up in arms over the state of WvW as it is but cmon, gotta give them some credit. But that’s really the only positive thing I’ve to say about them… lol

Vyrinn

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

this map wont go away, only players will. They must have payed a six figure sum for it and no departament manager in existence will admit his team fail after wasting so much money. Anet will die with this crap on their neck before admiting or changing this.

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Please choose from the following, approved by Mike, answers:

1) We cannot talk about it
2) It’s working as intended
3) Patches will be coming Soon™
4) Move to Trashcan
5) Silence will fall

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

The frustrating thing about Anet is they don’t consult very well and they don’t really learn from their mistakes either. They internally decide their direction without consulting or getting feedback and then they go for it. By the time they consult they’re far too along the dev cycle it’s too late to change anything substantial.

Nowhere is this more evident than the WVW BLs, some of the elite specs (Tempest comes to mind, virtually every Ele hates/hated it and said so in feedback, nothing changed), and Stonghold. I’d say all 3 flopped at various levels, mainly because player feedback throughout the design process was excluded or not even sought.

The current desert BG map is simply too large and empty. It’s too easy to avoid other players, even when there are actually enemy players on the map, which is rarely.

The WVW desert BG map would have been a lot more engaging if they took the current map, carved it into 3 distinct pieces and made those 3 maps the BLs. Players have long complained about having all 3 BLs the same map and HOT was the perfect time to have addressed that.

It’s not too late to make that change now. Sure there are 4 elements, but you could always add 2 more elements (eg: life and shadow) and have 3 BLs with 2 elements each.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Bros, Anet considered EotM a success. Do you -really- want a response?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Only 50? That is nightly here….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB