Any viable power ranger build for roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hi,

so is the vanilla power ranger build better for roaming than power druid ? I’d really like some hard hitting pew-pew build for roaming because my current build is getting boring. thx

enthusiastic noob

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

*Hits you once with new HoT class build, puts 15 conditions on you. I go invulnerable for 40 seconds.

Make sense?

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Hi,

so is the vanilla power ranger build better for roaming than power druid ? I’d really like some hard hitting pew-pew build for roaming because my current build is getting boring. thx

yeh, no.
Only build that actually gives you a chance not to get killed is this one and WS variant.
If only all classes would have better choice to have more viable builds than just the one would be perfect.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Try all marauders stats with sup rune of the wurm… lots of power, over 200% crit damage, 44% crit chance, 24k+ health, toughness around 1700 … depending on stacks and food and skill buffs etc you can find yourself hitting with 3k power from time to time as well.. Very nasty hitter..

It’s not meta… but meta isn’t that great really imo… I run condi on one ranger and frankly I like this one better. Takes down camps pretty fast … It doesn’t, nor does much, deal with a crap load of condi from a group hitting you… but it’s a good roaming build.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

*Hits you once with new HoT class build, puts 15 conditions on you. I go invulnerable for 40 seconds.

Make sense?

No idea how enemy can put condition when ranger have 1500 range. I always stay 1500 range and i won’t get conditions at all.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, yes nobody can get within 1500 of a ranger… :P

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

lol, yes nobody can get within 1500 of a ranger… :P

Sure they can if ranger is stupid and bad player

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

oh come on now.. there’s no reason to start that kind of talk. If you’re a Ranger and all you want to do is stay back and run away if you get shot at then you’re not really going to try to convince me you’re good are you? I do suggest though taking a different approach in your communications though please… it really doesn’t help to get nasty.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Make sense?

No idea how enemy can put condition when ranger have 1500 range. I always stay 1500 range and i won’t get conditions at all.

It’s a joke, calm down.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Vanilla Ranger is thief food in roaming. In pairs or more they can be viscous but once they get separated, it is just too easy to get on top of them and condi or power them down. Outside of Necro, vanilla Rangers are one of the easiest kills.

Druids on the other hand have better stealth options, solid bunker capability, decent escape and hit pretty hard when built well. They aren’t in my favorite roamer classes but a solid option in skilled hands.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Thx for the helpful input! Planning my transition from the old version to the new version – all I have left to ask is this:

Is this concentration ‘hype’ dependent on the weapon set or does it work well with all weapon choices? I’m planning to use longbow + staff instead of sword/warhorn + staff and I really dont want to reforge my gear just to get to know that it only is good for a specific weapon choice.

enthusiastic noob

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Thx for the helpful input! Planning my transition from the old version to the new version – all I have left to ask is this:

Is this concentration ‘hype’ dependent on the weapon set or does it work well with all weapon choices? I’m planning to use longbow + staff instead of sword/warhorn + staff and I really dont want to reforge my gear just to get to know that it only is good for a specific weapon choice.

Yeah it’s worth having. It will help you keep up might, protection, etc.
Your build is pretty dependent on boons.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Concentration is super nice personally I don’t like the lb staff combo, you’ll run into to many fights were you won’t be able to kill anything unless your plus 1 ing lots of projectile hate and if kill someone with staff they were probably going to die anyways since the damage on the thing sucks. I personally do either staff with sword warhorn or axe (offhand axe is pretty great for taking out guards and eles good burst damage with retal. Or long bow with gs (a well placed gs can ruin a teefs day and give you something nice to burst down all but the tankiest of warriors.)

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Quick Draw Skirmisher

This is the build I use and have been using since shortly after HoT release.

With Fury, Hunter’s Tactics and Spotter you have 100.5% critical chance. With Plate Of Roasted Cactus you have 224% Ferocity. With +7% damage bonus from Ranger runes, +5% from Force sigil and +10% from Steady Focus you have +22% damage. The damage modifiers make up for the Power you sacrifice to gain extra Precision.

Quickening Zephyr + Rapid Fire will usually do between 16 and 21k in 1second depending on your targets defences. I regularly (I’m talking many, many times a day) kill Thieves and Guardians who don’t see me coming or who I interrupt at an opportune moment with one Rapid Fire taking them from 100 – 0. Long Range Shot on glassy targets will do about 3.8k – 4.1k per hit at max range with all Bloodlust stacks.

The greatsword is Knight stats to give a little bit of extra defence while in melee range. With Signet Of Stone not active, that gives you just under 2.6k armor. Quick Draw is a massive saving grace with this build which allows you to Swoop x2 or Counterattack x2 which can make a gigantic difference in whether you live or die during a fight. Swoop x2 is particularly powerful as it allows you to get some pretty huge distance between you and your target if you need to kite or run.

Smokescale and Wolf compliment each other extremely well. You can use different pets if you like but I find these two to be the most effective. Since this build doesn’t use Beast Mastery, I choose my pets based on their utility and not their damage. Smokescale will always start with Smoke Assult or Takedown at certain ranges and Wolf will always start with Brutal Charge at a certain distance. Knowing when to send them in to attack can allow you to chain knockdowns and CC’s on people. I have successfully knocked someone down twice back to back followed by a Hilt Bash stun and Wolf Fear. It’s a pretty nasty combo if you manage to land it all.

Obviously the build is pure glass, low health and tissue paper for armor. You’ll die to a stiff breeze if you don’t have eyes on the back of your head so it’s important that you’re always aware. You should have a huge advantage against anyone you get the first few shots on if you’re good at kiting. Just get familiar with (if you’re not already) sheathing your bow because there are a lot of reflects out there. You’ll need to put your bow away real quick if your arrows start coming back at you because they will hurt like a mofo.

Disclaimer
This build isn’t perfect and requires skill to use properly, I know. It’s what I enjoy and what has brought me the most success however and I felt that since OP is asking for a highly damaging build, this would be valid.

Hope you enjoy it if you try it and good luck.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Do not roam that build above in any tier with decent thieves. The first gank D/P or Staff thief will crack that build apart in a couple seconds. Any condi chrono or condi thief is going to melt it.

In a zerg or skirmish seems workable but don’t roam on it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Do not roam that build above in any tier with decent thieves. The first gank D/P or Staff thief will crack that build apart in a couple seconds. Any condi chrono or condi thief is going to melt it.

In a zerg or skirmish seems workable but don’t roam on it.

I have trouble against good staff Thieves with it but otherwise Thieves, even decent ones, are not an issue. You’re absolutely right that it can be torn apart but only if played improperly. As I’d said in the disclaimer, it does require a degree of skill to be successful with. Against good Thieves, I usually need to fight them more with GS than LB, but I’ve met few that have given me so much trouble I couldn’t fight back. Again it’s just staff Thieves that I have issues with but that’s a matter of practice.

Condition Mesmers are easy unless they’re using Time Catches Up. Those ones can be a pain because it’s almost impossible for me to kite the Phantasms. Otherwise I simply kite and outrange them and rarely get enough conditions on me to be in too much trouble.

It’s a “bad” roaming build in the sense that it’s easy to get destroyed on if you’re not good with it. But it’s good in the sense that it provides high damage, good condition removal and good mobility, it’s versatile. You just can’t expect to melt everyone with 1 Rapid Fire because some players aren’t totally braindead, that’s where practice and skill come in to play. I’m not an amazing Ranger by any stretch of the imagination but I promise you I have quite a lot of success with this build even against skilled players. Honestly it’s good Dragonhunters that give me more trouble than condition Mesmers. Between them and staff Thieves, I die a whole lot more than I win. But maybe in time that will change.

Anyway not all builds will carry your success. Since OP was asking for vanilla Ranger, I provided my favorite build. It requires a lot of discipline on the players end to use properly but I’m pretty confident that it’s a good build, it’s just not easy to use.

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I have trouble against good staff Thieves with it but otherwise Thieves, even decent ones, are not an issue. You’re absolutely right that it can be torn apart but only if played improperly. As I’d said in the disclaimer, it does require a degree of skill to be successful with. Against good Thieves, I usually need to fight them more with GS than LB, but I’ve met few that have given me so much trouble I couldn’t fight back. Again it’s just staff Thieves that I have issues with but that’s a matter of practice.

Any D/P stealth stacking gank build will be on top of that build before it sees it and drop a Backstab then Shadowshot it or AA it to death. If it misses, it will stealth up, reset and go again especially since the build cannot actually run from it.

Condi thief is either going to stealth to it, steal to it or just use Bandits to close the gap then dump condi all over, watch it run through its utility only to load it right back up again evading the entire time.

Staff is going to evade and blind it dropping big shots as soon as its dodges are done.

Heck even S/P will burn through the stun breaks until a full PW can cycle.

There is virtually nothing in this build an average thief isn’t going to tear apart much less a pack of them. Go Druid for roaming, at least then the player can stealth without having to hit a target, extra big heals, better condi removal and easy ranged damage mitigation.

As I noted a build like this is fierce if they aren’t focused, once a blow up build locks on this build is toast.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Any D/P stealth stacking gank build will be on top of that build before it sees it and drop a Backstab then Shadowshot it or AA it to death. If it misses, it will stealth up, reset and go again especially since the build cannot actually run from it.

Condi thief is either going to stealth to it, steal to it or just use Bandits to close the gap then dump condi all over, watch it run through its utility only to load it right back up again evading the entire time.

Staff is going to evade and blind it dropping big shots as soon as its dodges are done.

Heck even S/P will burn through the stun breaks until a full PW can cycle.

There is virtually nothing in this build an average thief isn’t going to tear apart much less a pack of them. Go Druid for roaming, at least then the player can stealth without having to hit a target, extra big heals, better condi removal and easy ranged damage mitigation.

As I noted a build like this is fierce if they aren’t focused, once a blow up build locks on this build is toast.

And as I’d said, it requires skill to play properly but it can be done. I know when I’m outmatched and I know I’m not an amazing player. But I have tons of success with this build against all types of Thieves and other professions. I agree that it’s easy to be focused down, I almost never win outnumbered fights unless things go just right. 1v1’s I win plenty though and D/P or condition Thieves are rarely ever a threat unless they use Shadow Shot and Head Shot properly. Staff Thieves are the ones that give me the most trouble but in time, I hope, that’ll change.

I don’t expect OP to pick this build up and do as well with it as I do but it’s bothering me that you’re being so dismissive. I’d have changed my build by now if I felt it was too terrible to work with. If you think it’s that bad then either I’m a lot better than I give myself credit for (which is definitely not the case, because I know I’m very average) or you’re not being realistic.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

And as I’d said, it requires skill to play properly but it can be done. I know when I’m outmatched and I know I’m not an amazing player. But I have tons of success with this build against all types of Thieves and other professions. I agree that it’s easy to be focused down, I almost never win outnumbered fights unless things go just right. 1v1’s I win plenty though and D/P or condition Thieves are rarely ever a threat unless they use Shadow Shot and Head Shot properly. Staff Thieves are the ones that give me the most trouble but in time, I hope, that’ll change.

I want to believe you but thousands of WvW roaming hours and hundreds since HoT on both sides of this tell me different. Since HoT, most vanilla classes are fodder for Dare Devil builds. My recommendation stands for roaming, Druid or enjoy getting destroyed by thieves and condi chronos while roaming.

If you are even in a match against BP, shoot me a tell for a duel. If this build can best my non-staff build, I will happily stop playing a thief.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

This sounds like a dare Harry.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA1CiVsAuCCctgl/Ab51lBCAwn126d9JN8DOalI9zA-TVzHQBDRpABeAAdTXR/USpQlg9QZCAOEAvTFmvdBA0j6A6Y/h2pygAOCABAQAu5Nzm3MQOHIKAvC-w

This build hits like a champ and you can get up there and brawl. Only thing thing to be careful of is trying to duel heavy Condi classes a good Condi mes, Condi mace shield warrior, and burn guard can put you on your kitten if you mess up your clears once.

Sometimes I just drop druid for nm and then go top top middle for even more burst and to get people too stop being oh druid too op… ( base ranger is still great against power builds but super kittenty against condi builds)

But your burst is insane burst swoop in and wack em on the head!

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP