in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

i see people activate all tactivators at once over and over

Any way to report WvW saboteurs?

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Activating tactivators (even at wrong times) is not reportable offence. If it happens a lot, don’t make them public or just don’t rely on them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

I don’t know about not reportable, it would depend. If someone is using an alt account to pull the tactics right before their zerg on their main account attacks that objective, then it is giving them an unfair advantage over most players. This is against the ToS.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

I don’t know about not reportable, it would depend. If someone is using an alt account to pull the tactics right before their zerg on their main account attacks that objective, then it is giving them an unfair advantage over most players. This is against the ToS.

Nop.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Please point it out if you can.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Activating tactivators (even at wrong times) is not reportable offence. If it happens a lot, don’t make them public or just don’t rely on them.

There should be a way to report chronic and purposeful people who are on other servers who change toons and hit the tactivators just before any keep hit.

Period.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

its not against the rules so no

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Weeeeell technically there is a rule specifically on this but it states its for sPvP (last point in the RoC) and as we all know, WvW is only for those really into PvE so the sPvP rules obviously cant apply to WvW.

Anet is free to correct me if I am wrong.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

There should be a way to report chronic and purposeful people who are on other servers who change toons and hit the tactivators just before any keep hit.

Period.

You are completely wrong. No company can punish their paying customers on a whim that someone feels like doing wrong things on wrong time. You first MUST prove the things they do are done on purpose and not by accident. The case of tactivators can never be proven, so it also can not be punished for.

Just because you THINK someone is doing something on purpose has no value.

in WvW

Posted by: Gondolph.7201

Gondolph.7201

It is simply hard to prove that this has been unfair behavior. Many players who are new on the map might just try this out out of curiosity.
However, if you have the time to stalk that guy and you get ss when (s)he’s pulling for example the emergency waypoint without any attack on the castle and this multiple times in different locations you might get a chance.
However, it would be a good idea to talk to that player first hand to ask him about his/her intentions. We all have started as noobs one time.

“Often those who call me a hero speak solely of my battle prowess
and know nothing of the principles that guide my blades.”

in WvW

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Oh ok

How about we report the commanders each time they wipe the squad. They must know each other with the enemy commander and today it’s our commander turn to transform its squad in loot bags.

How about this OP?

I can provide hundreds of SS how my commander is wiping my squad.

P.S I pull the emergency WP sometimes, by accident, report me, please.

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

By accident is one thing , but repeatedly is another
Anet suspends accounts for siege griefing.
I think constantly pulling tactivators would be along those lines. Although it would be much harder for the devs to catch.

see dev response to siege griefing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/GM-Proheals-is-running-around-WvW/first#post4847809

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

maybe guilds can “blacklist” specific players that are known to troll tactics? then when a guild has a claim over the objective the blacklisted person can pull tactics there.

the public activation check clearly is bugged and doesn’t work at all.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Period.

You are completely wrong. No company can punish their paying customers on a whim that someone feels like doing wrong things on wrong time. You first MUST prove the things they do are done on purpose and not by accident. The case of tactivators can never be proven, so it also can not be punished for.

Just because you THINK someone is doing something on purpose has no value.

Oh I think a full month of screen grabs with time stamps showing the same person doing this, and submitting an actual support ticket makes a compelling argument.

But you have to do the legwork.

It’s not impossible.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Nop.

You’re not really trying if you couldn’t even spot it at the absolute bottom of the page

22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Now they don’t specifically state world versus world but I would think it falls under the definition of Player-vs-Player environment. Pulling tactivators on purpose to paper T3 keeps repeatedly during a match up will definitely adversely affect other players enjoyment as well as contribute to match up manipulating.

You could also make a case that such behaviour could be considered to break the first rule below. Where you are not respecting other players rights to enjoy the game.

1. While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

uh, I will reply separately, as clearly there are 2 non-related issues here.

First – Tactivators.

The main thing players forget is that all Tactivators are suppose to be Guild-only. You claim the objective, and then you defend it. If you want to make absolutely sure they will never be used – don’t make them public.

Problem is, nobody claims objective for their guild and then actually guards and defends it, as a guild. So when the Tactivators would require guild member to pull it, nobody is there to use it. So every single one is made public.

However, once you make it public, you must also accept it can be used by ANYONE at ANY TIME. There is no way to quarantee it will be used by selected members of your server at perfect time so it will save the objective. Making it public means you it could be useless. You have basically decided you do not care what happens in the objective, despite you claiming it.

Now, instead of this endless whining and complaining that will not solve anything, let’s try instead find some way to make problem go away or at least make it less annoying.

Solution 1 - Remove Tactivators. Would you actually miss them?

Solution 2 - Reduce their effects AND reduce cooldown time. For example Emergency Waypoint would have cooldown of 5 minutes, instead of 20, but it would only last for 10 seconds. OR it would only allow 10 players teleport in before closing. This way, even if used at “wrong” time by “wrong” person, you can use it soon again so no harm done.

Solution 3 - Remove the option to make Tactivators Public. Only Guild members can use it, and if your Guild has some idiot who constantly pulls it, you have also the means to get rid of that person and make sure it does not happen again.

Many players like their own guilds of course but you can always have community server wide guilds that are only created to claim stuff, put tactics in and keep those unwanted players out. Main difference between “every player in server” and “every player in server-wide guild” is the ability to kick out players you do not like.

Then again, if nobody in your server wants to take time and handle this community guild, and nobody bothers to join it and use it to claim objectives, maybe the big problem is that players in your server do not care about objectives, do not care about winning and do not care about tactivators either. So, if nobody cares, nothing has to be done to change this either.

Even further, Anet does not even have to change anything in the game, all you have to do is to become less lazy and stop using tactivators publicly.

Solution 4 - Still using the guild-only system, your Guild would only have claims on the objective as long one guild member stays on the map. As soon everyone from the guild have left the map, every claim is cleared and all the other players left on the map will get popup with queue to claim freed objectives to their own guild. Same way it works when you take objective from enemy, guild with most members gets to pick first and then next guild etc.

Again, only the member of guild who has claimed the objective, is able to use Tactivator. But this way there will be always member of the guild with the claim in the map. Can not be bothered to stay near objective to defend it? Then blame yourself when it is lost.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

Second – Players making up rules how to play

Much larger problem that can not be solved so easily. It does not even affect only WvW but happens in raids, or PvE meta events. There is quite often some player who wants to be in control and make sure every other player plays the game in one specific way. And, since very few people want to be controlled, and told how they MUST play, things get ugly really fast and feelings are hurt. Ends with another useless thread about “why Anet does not do this and that so I could be happy”.

Well, truth is, in any multiplayer game every player has their own view about how the game works, what they should do and how to react to something happening in the game. Just because something in the game is very important to you, does not make anyone else care about it. Your personal goals are just that – your own goals. Nobody else has to have same goals and do anything to reach your goals.

Moving to the WvW, players constantly complain about other players. Their own server is always full of lazy lootbags, scratching their nose at the spawn instead of helping to repair, defend and attack. And if they finally move from spawn they do not move fast enough, they die instantly at the first sight of enemy, fall off the cliffs, run wrong way, waste supplies, die again, build siege in wrong place, do not build siege at all, shoot cannons at wrong direction, do not shoot cannons, die while shooting cannons, die when taking enemy camp, die at enemy lord, disconnect, lag, make map queue longer, do not change maps, change to wrong map and basically are doing everything wrong.

Not to mention enemies, who always have millions of separate accounts to spy at the enemy spawn, pull tactivators before their zerg attacks, waste supplies, call out wrong movements about enemy zerg and in general it is completely amazing they manage to even play with their own account in their own server.

If they finally go and play with their own account, they only run in zerg, die, build siege in bugged spots, build siege in camps, die, always outnumber our server, still die, tag objectives while running around them, never tag objectives when siegeing them, change maps when losing a fight, ragequit every time they die, duel near our obejctive, gank at our spawn, die when we gank them, fall off the cliffs in funny way, use broken builds, use only most OP builds, use builds that were OP 3 years ago.

So the solution to make WvW better is to ban every player who does not know how to or do not want to play it the way you want them to play. This includes, but is not exclusive to players who:

1 – Pull Tactivators. They always do it at wrong time anyway, few minutes or hours or days before enemy zerg attacks this objective or some other objective, and they always do it on purpose. And all of them are enemy spies.

2 – Die. I mean, obviously they only die on purpose to give loot to the enemy and help enemy rally.

3 – Command. Every commander is useless and always going in wrong direction, taking the zerg away from the objectives it should of defend and attacking enemy objectives which have no value. If they come to defend, they are late. On purpose. They also die (see previous reason).

4 – is afk. Most players obviously only join WvW to go afk at the spawn. Many of these are enemy spies anyway, telling enemy where our commander tag is. The only other reason is to make WvW lag more, on purpose.

5 – is in queue. Everyone knows queue exist only because of enemy server has millions of separate accounts to prevent our players joining WvW. It is quite obivous. People in queue are just making queue longer, and they do it on purpose.

6 – is not in TS. How difficult can be it download extra program, install it, configure it, update it, connect to the buygoldandteamspeakforserverxxx.dot.mychannel.somesign.whoah.nice.address:9999
ask permission in team chat, get permission 20 minutes later, join the xxxwwwonly channel under the generalstuffandotherchannels (not the wwwxxxonly channel, nobody uses that), which was posted in map chat by coolWarrirAndChrrRules2004 just yesterday.

in WvW

apharma.3741

You do realise tactivators become public once there’s no longer people from the guild on the map right? This is to prevent a guild putting all these upgrades on a keep and they become useless once there’s no-one around.

You’re saying people make up rules but I pointed out 2 parts of the code of conduct says you’re not supposed to deliberately sabotage the enemy server. This isn’t Joe Random making up rules, this is ANet rules about how you shouldn’t match manipulate and respect other people’s rights to enjoy the game. If you honestly think deliberately doing this sort of thing is not hurting other people’s enjoyment then you’re probably one of these win at any cost guys who doesn’t care how many people you end up screwing over so long as you get your kicks.

in WvW

Posted by: Bisouslove.5260

Bisouslove.5260

When you’re a new player joining a wvw map for the first few times, you interact with everything you see and you don’t really understand anything. You guys probably forgot how steep the wvw learning curve is. It doesn’t really compare to pvp or pve (and I’m not talking about skill here, I’m talking about understanding the mechanics).

So what happens when you’re on a T8 or T9 server? You have a small group of players you see mostly every day. And you have at least as many players who come here for the first time. And quite amazingly (if you don’t think about it, at least) this flow of new players never stops. You never run out of new players on the map. How is that possible? That’s because you’re on a low tier link, which means that players are not interested/involved in wvw and the majority of players you will find there are casuals (as far as wvw is concerned).

So yeah every day you, as a hardcore wvw know-it-all-did-it-all player, will see 4 or 5 newbs activate the tactivators. This must mean it’s intentional, right? They can’t possibly all not know what they are doing, right?

So the solution to make WvW better is to ban every player who does not know how to or do not want to play it the way you want them to play.

Well yeah, obviously. But the question is: how do we achieve that?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You do realise tactivators become public once there’s no longer people from the guild on the map right? This is to prevent a guild putting all these upgrades on a keep and they become useless once there’s no-one around.

You’re saying people make up rules but I pointed out 2 parts of the code of conduct says you’re not supposed to deliberately sabotage the enemy server. This isn’t Joe Random making up rules, this is ANet rules about how you shouldn’t match manipulate and respect other people’s rights to enjoy the game. If you honestly think deliberately doing this sort of thing is not hurting other people’s enjoyment then you’re probably one of these win at any cost guys who doesn’t care how many people you end up screwing over so long as you get your kicks.

Which really is the main problem yes.

Personally, if I had anything to say on the functionality of tactivators, I would change it as follows:

- Guilds get a new function called “WvW ally guilds”.
- Tactivators default to “Guild and allies” (this never revert on auto).
- Same rules apply, only those with access to tactivators can pull them, but now its your guild members and how many other guilds you want.
- Guild log list “[guild] player name activated tactivator X at claimed objective on border”

Done deal.

An entire server can work together to give proper rights.

Can still be exploited if you really work for it but if [Qqqn] see that a member of [Skrt] pulled their tactivator at an objective… either drop that guilds access to your tactivators or tell on their guild leader he got a kittenty member.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

I suggest you look up of the meaning “match manipulation”, or if it helps “match fixing”, how it relates to the gambling and why it is bad in any competitive sport.

Now if you demand bringing up PvP rule for WvW, YOU are the one with your made up rules about how other players MUST behave is the one NOT respecting right of others to play and enjoy the game. YOU are the one harassing someone just because they pulled tactivator. YOU are the one threatening them with posts in the forum, with bans, with false reports. YOU are embarassing them for NOT playing the way YOU want. YOU are causing distress and unwanted attention to other players. YOU are posting insulting, offensive, and abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages and reporting players maliciously.

Since you are breaking Rules of Conduct, obviously, YOU should be removed from the game so others can enjoy it. Right?

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

This is incorrect.
Tactics go public on their own whenever a person from that guild leaves the map, regardless if there are more players from this guild still on the map.

Some time ago we held SMC and i was scouting.
Every time our commander left the map to go to another BL, the tactics would go public even tho I was still on EBG.

It is without any doubt bugged and needs to be fixed or better yet, reworked.
I think an easy solution can be doing these 2 things:
1. Show a log of all the people who pull a tactic at an objective.
2. Allow guilds to make “blacklists” to block specific players from pulling tactics that this guild controls.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I suggest you look up of the meaning “match manipulation”, or if it helps “match fixing”, how it relates to the gambling and why it is bad in any competitive sport.

Now if you demand bringing up PvP rule for WvW, YOU are the one with your made up rules about how other players MUST behave is the one NOT respecting right of others to play and enjoy the game. YOU are the one harassing someone just because they pulled tactivator. YOU are the one threatening them with posts in the forum, with bans, with false reports. YOU are embarassing them for NOT playing the way YOU want. YOU are causing distress and unwanted attention to other players. YOU are posting insulting, offensive, and abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages and reporting players maliciously.

Since you are breaking Rules of Conduct, obviously, YOU should be removed from the game so others can enjoy it. Right?

I suggest you actually stop running away with the post. I haven’t said they should be harassed or banned or anything only that action be taken against people who deliberately and maliciously activate tactivators to give an opposing server an advantage.

I suggest you look up manipulation as you have a warped idea, here is a link. Fits the description of the people who create an alt account on an enemy server and pull tactivators 5 minutes before an an enemy server rolls up and attacks.

As for taking my rules and making them up, I’m not, I copied and pasted directly from the Code of Conduct you linked. Is WvW not a Player-versus-Player environment? I mean sure I get that you might not fight players much if you run in a Karma train but it doesn’t mean there’s no player-versus-player going on.

@Vova, I thought they’d fixed that, I was wrong. However as you say it is supposed to work that way. A black list for people that do this kind of thing repeatedly where it’s clear they log in, pull tactivators, log out and 5-10 minutes later it’s attacked in force might be a good idea.

I think personally removing tactivators and instead put upgrades in like the WP doesn’t become contested for 30s when an attack event happens giving people time to warp in or change the various banners into a new mob at various locations doing attacks, buffing or debuffing.

in WvW

Posted by: needbeer.1687

needbeer.1687

pulling tracts is a tactic zog and cloud fly use on a near daily basis. intentionally puling tracts is technically match manipulation and should be met with a permaban. they did this in gw1 to over 36k accounts if memory serves me correctly.as far as i can see theres a few ways to fix this. 1. let only the guild who owns the tower/camp/keep/whatever be the only ones able to pull it. 2. have the tracs notify the commander(s) and allow them to give it the go-ahead or not. or 3 get rid of them.all of which are bad ideas ( even tho we did without tracs for years). actually. just get rid of them. problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Reasons why tactivators are being wasted:

• Person is new to WvW, or back from a break (and there’s lot of these) and they dont know what tactivators do
  • They miss clicking F on the supply depot/merchant.
  • They dont like current commander so they decide to troll.
  • Spying on the same server, but this is not as frequent as you’d think because its pretty much waste of the spies time.

Now only one of these should be punishable, and how do you distinguish them? Add tactivator logs so the people who rage at mapchat EVERY SINGLE TIME can make the newbies unwelcome? I dont think so.

Also if its just a troll on your server, just ignore him, tactivators shouldn’t even exist, T3 gates were added for zergs to have enough time to run and defend. There was no reason to add Emergency WP/Presence of the keep/Invuln Fortifications to buff defending. Watchtower is okay.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

End of the day the time and effort it takes to get a GM to look into things like this, it simply isnt worth it.

We had and still have people who siege troll, throwing trebs when comm places rams; or building a dozen rams in your own garrison.

At first anet claimed that they cannot control the way a player plays the game.
Eventually they did start monitoring a few players and suspended them for a short time. They then claimed you cannot play the way you want to play.
But as you can see this still goes on today.

in WvW

Nevaahe.6308

Nop.

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Pulling tacticts with an alternate account with your main account being on the opposing server is match manipulation.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Nop.

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Pulling tacticts with an alternate account with your main account being on the opposing server is match manipulation.

You may in fact be right. However, proving that the person was not making a mistake or acting harmlessly is a different story. Clearly there are some. Screenshots aren’t definitive. Video might be. Chat confirmation would be the best way..

If it’s worth the aggravation, then video it. The devs above gave a path for reporting. Posting more here isn’t helping.

in WvW

Nevaahe.6308

Nop.

You may in fact be right. However, proving that the person was not making a mistake or acting harmlessly is a different story. Clearly there are some. Screenshots aren’t definitive. Video might be. Chat confirmation would be the best way..

If it’s worth the aggravation, then video it. The devs above gave a path for reporting. Posting more here isn’t helping.

I do video it and submit it to the exploits e-mail when I see it. Also I only do this when I recognize the guild tag and can clearly see the same guild on the opposing server on the map. Often it occurs with the same person building grief seige (tons of rams at the supply depot) to drain all of the supply, moments before an attack.

As to more posting isn’t making a difference, I was merely responding to the person I quoted.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Nop.

I do video it and submit it to the exploits e-mail when I see it. Also I only do this when I recognize the guild tag and can clearly see the same guild on the opposing server on the map. Often it occurs with the same person building grief seige (tons of rams at the supply depot) to drain all of the supply, moments before an attack.

As to more posting isn’t making a difference, I was merely responding to the person I quoted.

In the “proheals” thread he noted reporting under ‘bot’ was the most appropriate.

Not sure that will change the response/lack of, but..

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

There is only one solution to this problem!

ANet must open Blackgate!

Only by opening Blackgate can ANet solve all of WvW’s issues.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys