Anyone else looking forward to leagues?

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

I don’t know maybe I’m just glad Anet is finally changing something up in WvW, it shows that they are atleast paying SOME attention to our little corner of the world

but yeah if you’re looking forward to leagues please let us know what they are!

Personally I’m looking forward to facing servers like KG and YB, also the WvW rankings resetting is going to be very nice

Hi

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I know at least all the WvWer’s I know seem enthused.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Well, Isle of Janthir is stacked in silver league so you might get to win a lot =P

I’m pretty meh about it. There isn’t much good points about it for my server.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

IOJ (the OP’s server) is ranked #15 and Yak’s Bend (the first reply) is ranked #13.

Not surprised you guys are excited for your free rewards.

Though in the end, prepare for disappointment when all you’re doing is spawn camping 24/7 for half your matches.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Though in the end, prepare for disappointment when all you’re doing is spawn camping 24/7 for half your matches.

That’s all any matchup is going have. You’re either spawn camping or getting spawn camped. Since we apparently have to fight every server in the league at least once, that gives a very high chance of each and every matchup having a server several tiers higher in it. The T2 servers don’t have much chance against T1 servers, how well do you think T4 is going to do against them?

There really isn’t much hope for this system, as long as the “fight every server” requirement stands. That’s nearly a guarantee of at least one seriously overpowered server in each matchup. Unless you get “lucky” enough to get 2 high-tier servers in the same match just to get them out of the way, and maybe get a decent match later.

Be ready to see scores of 500k vs 25k.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I’m looking forward to leagues only insofar as I enjoy watching things fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Assuming the ranks hold true as they currently are (and I don’t see why this isn’t the most likely scenario) IoJ will come third in the silver league and Yak’s Bend will come first. They will be guaranteed never to fight against any server rank 12 or higher and will be guaranteed to fight the lowest ranked server in the game (so blow out basically). It’s not hard to see why they would be happy. Just hope YB doesn’t rise in rank before the the league starts otherwise the arbitrary rules take you from being the first place in the league (and the best rewards) to last place in the league (and everyone knows none of the 10-12 place servers stand a chance in the gold league).

My server is firmly in the middle of the gold league so we know before it even begins we have no chance of winning guild (or a top placement in gold) and we have no chance of dropping to silver league.

What exactly is it a league is supposed to do aside from arbitrarily reward silver league servers and give greater incentive to transfer to the most stacked servers?

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I’m looking forward to everything but the Orb buff. But we’ll see how that turns out.

A set of WvW achievements that are reasonably accomplish-able are what I’m most excited for.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

They will be guaranteed never to fight against any server rank 12 or higher and will be guaranteed to fight the lowest ranked server in the game (so blow out basically). It’s not hard to see why they would be happy.

I wouldn’t say I’m happy about the matchups, but I’m happier than I would be sitting at the bottom of gold league. It’s a crappy situation either way, but at least we get rewards in silver.

What exactly is it a league is supposed to do aside from arbitrarily reward silver league servers and give greater incentive to transfer to the most stacked servers?

I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that. I’m sure there is some PR dribble with hyped up non-sense about variety in matchups, but the people behind that hype clearly have no idea what the actual effects of these leagues is going to be…despite the facts being in front of them with the recent and current matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I am looking forward to it, hey we fought TC and SoR last week how much worse can it get =). Hopefully they make it a re-occuring thing to promote destacking.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I am looking forward to it, hey we fought TC and SoR last week how much worse can it get =). Hopefully they make it a re-occuring thing to promote destacking.

You could fight SoR and BG =(

in WvW

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Well now that DR has hit rock bottom, who wouldn’t be excited about being spawn camped by servers 11 ranks above us. I can’t wait till i get that bloodlust buff! s Anet will not see a dime more of my money for these horrible idea.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in WvW

Posted by: HyperHysteria.4128

HyperHysteria.4128

This new league system is going to destroy Devona’s Rest WvW permanently. Moral about to drop beyond zero Q_Q

Devona’s Rest Commander
[kYrO] Gaza Strip

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I don’t understand why people seem to think ‘leagues’ are different than anything in the game right now but whatever.

The only new thing in wvw will be the bloodlust buff and that might very well ruin wvw.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

The reports of DR’s death are pretty silly given that they were already “dead” long ago and still managed to rise from the dead and climb up to r14.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

The only people that aren’t looking forward to it are those that are heavily into GvG and those on really low ranked servers that are going to have everyone jump ship.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

I don’t understand why people seem to think ‘leagues’ are different than anything in the game right now but whatever.

The only new thing in wvw will be the bloodlust buff and that might very well ruin wvw.

The difference is the fact that the leagues will throw out the tier/rank system, and we will all have to face every server in our league. Let’s say you’re on the rank 10 server, that puts you into gold league, which consists of r1-r12. Your r10 server has to face every other server in that league, at least once. Your r10 server vs r1 will happen, as will r10 vs r2, r3, and so on.

The current system allows for some pretty unbalanced matches, but nothing like the forced matches between servers 10+ ranks apart. At least with the current ranking system there is almost no chance of r10 meeting r1. With leagues, it’s a assured matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Not really. Doesn’t really change anything. It’s silly keep score in game mode which is open 24/7.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

IOJ (the OP’s server) is ranked #15 and Yak’s Bend (the first reply) is ranked #13.

Not surprised you guys are excited for your free rewards.

The ONLY thing I’m looking forward to is the new WvW achievements. When a server actively tries to sabotage its’ ranking just to make sure they fall out of the top 12 – it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth!

My fondest desire is that we do end up 13th – and SOMEHOW servers 14 through 20 manage to completely trounce us.

Anet needs to pull a quick one on this, and use rankings from a month ago – before the announcement and gamesmanship started.

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

(edited by Eliandal.8735)

in WvW

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

I don’t know maybe I’m just glad Anet is finally changing something up in WvW, it shows that they are atleast paying SOME attention to our little corner of the world

I can give a pig some attention by putting lipstick on it. Doesn’t make it any more pretty.

I am NOT looking forward to league play. If we end up in Gold we will get steamrolled. If we end up in Silver we will likely steamroll. Neither is fun. Now if ANET went with 4 leagues of 6 I would be more interested.

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction

in WvW

bjchase.3074

Anet needs to pull a quick one on this, and use rankings from a month ago – before the announcement and gamesmanship started.

That won’t change the situation, just the servers involved. People have already transferred so if you get a server that is today now Gold material (due to transfers) when they were clearly Silver a month ago, they will just steamroll Silver. But than again with 12 rank differentials there will be a couple of servers that will always steamroll and a couple of servers that will always get steamrolled.

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Changes/additions are always nice.
I’m going to assume SPVP was a total FLOP and they at least see a few folks in the wvw maps, so they will put their tourny plans into that instead.

It kinda seems pointless though, why would the ranks suddenly change, or people that never gave a kitten suddenly give a kitten?

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

What is to stop a giant SEA, OCX or EU guild from jumping on a low rank silver league server (ala War Machine on Kaineng) and completely destroying the match meta just before leagues begin. Expect mass chaos in the coming weeks. No one can honestly say they know how the Orb mechanic is going to effect scores until we see it in action. For a server that is stacked much higher, obviously the effect will just be a snowball but for some of the more similarly matched servers, I think it could be interesting.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Eliandal.8735

That won’t change the situation, just the servers involved. People have already transferred so if you get a server that is today now Gold material (due to transfers) when they were clearly Silver a month ago, they will just steamroll Silver. But than again with 12 rank differentials there will be a couple of servers that will always steamroll and a couple of servers that will always get steamrolled.

Then simply make it so that anyone who transferred after the announcement, gets the rewards of their original server. There’s NO way they can’t have that information. You may be right in that it can’t change anything, but behavior like this is unacceptable – and there’s NO way people should be rewarded for it.

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

This league system will ensure that many occasional WvW players like myself will not go into battle if the matchups are severely unbalanced.

Something that will happens a lot, since the server I am on is already having a hard time facing servers 1 or 2 places above us.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’m more looking forward to what the players are going to do, because regardless what Anet thinks how WvW should be played, it’s the players that have come up with creative solutions to the faults in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

This league system will ensure that many occasional WvW players like myself will not go into battle if the matchups are severely unbalanced.

Something that will happens a lot, since the server I am on is already having a hard time facing servers 1 or 2 places above us.

They are looking to curb this type of fair-weather behavior as well. If you don’t participate much for the week, you don’t get any reward. Maybe this will help to harden some of the more achievement and reward driven fair-weather players.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

So wait what I’m getting from this is that people this yaks bend is gonna auto win silver league? Not even gonna give IoJ to prove themselves eh?

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Eliandal.8735

So wait what I’m getting from this is that people this yaks bend is gonna auto win silver league? Not even gonna give IoJ to prove themselves eh?

I hope we DON’T win – in fact, I hope we end up fourth or worse!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: Pyrock.4518

Pyrock.4518

Rewarding the stronger server with even more power via buffs is incomprehensibly dumb in a lop sided challenge!

What’s needed is a way to even the playing field not make the strong stronger.

Perhaps give the largest population server in any given map the current undermanned buff as their reward. Give the undermanned servers Bloodlust so they can continue to provide a challenge to the server with greater population.

Alternatively, give a buff to the undermanned servers that they can use to pay guilds with to become mercenaries on that server. When they merc up to the point they aren’t undermanned then they can’t pay the merc guilds any more and the mercs move on for a while. Provide some sort of guild progression that uses the merc points.

Those are idea for helping with some of the problems in WvW. What problems do leagues solve?

Perhaps with league play Anet will finally realize how little fun it is to play on either side of an uneven match up.

in WvW

Banzie.5248

I hope we DON’T win – in fact, I hope we end up fourth or worse!

Tbh most people on IoJ, at least that I know, have been wanting a kain/yb roll as that would be a fun and challenging match for us. However Kain seems to be crumbling again Look forward to seeing YB on the battle field in the coming weeks though

P.s. trust me you won’t end up below 2nd. Gonna be 1st or 2nd for you guys I think. No offense intended on that.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Sure, I hope it would be fun. But I’ll soon be able to critique it properly once it is implemented. Since it hasn’t, I reserve biased judgements till then.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

bjchase.3074

I don’t think that is what is being said exactly. I said “likely” but nothing is set in stone. A lot can happen within the next few weeks. And rather it’s Yaks Bend, Kain, IoJ, or BP it’s likely anyone sitting in that 13-15 spot will steamroll over the rest of Silver League, with only a few servers giving a challenge.

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The only people that aren’t looking forward to it are those that are heavily into GvG and those on really low ranked servers that are going to have everyone jump ship.

I do not GvG and I think the league is a huge waste of resources. The matches are decided by population and coverage, not skill, so why have a league at all? The only people that are looking forward to it are those stupid enough to think PPT matters or means something.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

The only people that are looking forward to it are those stupid enough to think PPT matters or means something.

Just quoting this part.

Well considering that there are going to be rewards (no matter how small) for that PPT… it means something.

And people stacked when it DIDNT mean anything… what is gonna happen when it does?? Yeah… thats the problem.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Nope, not looking forward to it at all.

A league where you can only win by getting people on your server and get them to play 24/7 WvW zergblob isnt any kind of league, it’s a big fat joke. Also it rather smells fishy to me – considering the hundreds of transfers already started… someone sure wanted to sell those server transfers.

Also, there are so many issues simply not solved at all in WvW – like serverlags when fighting in SN, people using two accounts, different time zones, lack of room to roam, etc.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

They are looking to curb this type of fair-weather behavior as well. If you don’t participate much for the week, you don’t get any reward. Maybe this will help to harden some of the more achievement and reward driven fair-weather players.

Unless you are in the top tier server of a league, there are no ways for you to get rewards, so it will certainly not be an incentive for a player like me.

I’ll get more “rewards” by playing PvE instead of wasting my time in a WvW matchup without any chances to win something. Not that I care that much about the WvW rewards that were announced anyway. I would forfeit any rewards for more balanced matches were any server actually have a chance to win.

(edited by Blanche Neige.7241)

in WvW

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

I don’t see any logic behind the league system.

The underlying problems ruining WvW are still there and not addressed:

Mechanisms unfairly favoring numbers and poor skill:
-Downed state
-AOE limit
-Lack of boon duration nerf -guardians and eles included in most zergs and other classes sidelined or left out-
-Lack of stealth reveal debuff for thieves allowing for permanent stealth -not Anet’s vision, if I recall- and allowing permanent group stealthing -stealthing golems or groups.. *
*Easy kill stacking from PVE mobs. It should be from players and it should be removed once the person removes the stacking weapon.

The stealth trap is a joke and a misguided attempt by Anet to profit from the broken stealth system.
The so called “intentional” effect of being able to siege structures safely from an unreachable spot inside your own keep/tower..I remember we thought the devs hit their head when we saw this on launch..

Until some of these issues – Judging from the incompetence of the WvW devs I’m aiming for some and not all- are resolved, WvW will keep declining.

Right now people log on, see a hopeless WvW boring zergling situation -either winning or losing- and say..kitten this..I’m going to check next Friday. This repeats? kitten this..I got better things to do than play this game..

Artificial useless titles and repeatedly pairing mismatched servers is a lazy/incompetent person’s solution.

(edited by Yza.2437)

in WvW

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

Nope, not looking forward to it at all.

A league where you can only win by getting people on your server and get them to play 24/7 WvW zergblob isnt any kind of league, it’s a big fat joke. Also it rather smells fishy to me – considering the hundreds of transfers already started… someone sure wanted to sell those server transfers.

Also, there are so many issues simply not solved at all in WvW – like serverlags when fighting in SN, people using two accounts, different time zones, lack of room to roam, etc.

Nothing fishy about that. They make a killing off of server transfers and that is why they are trying to milk it to the last second.

Greed and incompetence are an ugly combination.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Now that it look like my server is probably going to get into the Gold League, I’m actually looking forward to it. (Doesn’t mean I think its a good idea.)

If it is only for seven weeks and they don’t immediately go into the next season. And if they do something to prevent or disregard the gap in the ratings that will be created between #12 and #13.

As long as the above things are true, it will be ok. I mean seven weeks is not that long. Many servers have spent 15 weeks in uneven matches – against the same opponents – getting stomped or doing the stomping for 15 weeks straight. Now that was bad. Seven weeks is nothing. And you’ll at least be facing different servers.

Many servers have spent months and months in a fall from a high tier to a lower one after a collapse. Seven weeks is really not that long.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

As long as the above things are true, it will be ok. I mean seven weeks is not that long. Many servers have spent 15 weeks in uneven matches – against the same opponents – getting stomped or doing the stomping for 15 weeks straight. Now that was bad. Seven weeks is nothing. And you’ll at least be facing different servers.

No mid pack server has seen a prolonged series of matches against servers in tiers well ahead of them. Our own server had 13 week stint where our score was nearly doubled every week… it sucked but at least that server was 1 rank above ours not 10.

Seven weeks (nearly two months) is more than 10% of this games total lifespan. Just looking at my average game time that is around 200 hours of WvW game play which is a lot.

I am hopeful they will put some changes in to mitigate the disparity between ranks, but I am pessimistic about the outcome given ANet’s recent track record of WvW content and fixes.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I’m excited to watch the massive apocalypse of a fail that is on the horizon for the leagues. It will be interesting to see how Anet gets out of all the horrible PR. Glad a bunch of new games are coming out too, cause if this kills wvw i’ll have something else to fall back on.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I am excited. GOod work anet.

OP’d thief, lol

(edited by Sanduskel.1850)

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Not at all. It just seems to be the same things as WXP; something that keep players occupied, without really providing any valuable content to the game. WvW is so imbalanced, I don’t see how this could succeed in any way. I’m looking more forward to the new capture points.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

Not at all. It just seems to be the same things as WXP; something that keep players occupied, without really providing any valuable content to the game. WvW is so imbalanced, I don’t see how this could succeed in any way. I’m looking more forward to the new capture points.

that’s my biggest thing I’m looking forward too ^^ as a roamer it’s going to be awesome being able to find small-scale fights so easily

Hi

in WvW

Banzie.5248

that’s my biggest thing I’m looking forward too ^^ as a roamer it’s going to be awesome being able to find small-scale fights so easily

Same the whole guild is looming forward to it on our end. Constant blobbing is boring after a few days. Organized groups with friends is a plus :p especially since we aren’t forced to go after a tower if there’s still like 20 on a map hiding in towers not coming to fight our 10 man xD

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

Titanic ( WvW edition)

Act 22
Cast : FC, ET, DR, AR, GoM
(As ship sinks, the band decides to play one last song, enter FC and the rest of the cast)

FC: “Gentlemen”…(readies violin) “It was good playing with you all”

Rest of Cast in Unison: “Amen”

(They all ready their instruments)

(ship sinks)

End scene.. Close curtain..

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

(edited by Narsil.6579)